Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice

Tired Moritz posted:

Which characters have the most amount of alternated versions?

There's like 7 versions of Saber not counting the characters with her face because technically they are not her.

Elizabeth has six, I think? I'm counting Carmilla.

And Cu has four.

Mmm, I kinda want more Elizabeths now just to see if she can reach no. 1.

Three saber sabers, two lancers, two riders, one archer, one assassin, one breserker. Unless you don't count MHX and MHXA we've got ten Sabers. Shes multiplied again indeed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Wait, who am I missing? There's OG, Alter, Santa Alter, Lancer, Lancer Alter, Summer, and Lily.

Oh wait, there's Prototype too.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

the return of my FGO roll luck :madmax:

I also got Drake as my guranteed 5 star

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Tired Moritz posted:

Wait, who am I missing? There's OG, Alter, Santa Alter, Lancer, Lancer Alter, Summer, and Lily.

Oh wait, there's Prototype too.

Summer Santa alter, Christmas Santa alter

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
i have not gotten any focus 5*s yet

the game is letting me save my luck for jalter :)

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

please nobody touch my incredibly fragile self-delusion

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

After the three characters you mentioned, you've only got a few more with 2 copies each (Gilles, Emiya and Lancelot being the those I can think of off the top of my head). A few more hit 2 due to seasonal swimsuit variants. Jeanne doesn't really count since neither her, Jeanne Alter, or Santa Lily are not actually possible variations of each other, but completely separate. Tamacat doesn't really count either since she's literally just a portion of Tamamo no Mae that's been split off.

edit: Wait, Medusa and Gil have three variants, so I guess they're fourth.

VV Cu was mentioned in the initial post :colbert:

Lord Koth fucked around with this message at 08:56 on Nov 23, 2017

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

There's Four cus

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

Endorph posted:

There's Four cus

imagine them

on the edge of a cliff

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Endorph posted:

Let's all love ort

I want him to show up in FGO so much.

Dragonturtle
Feb 23, 2017

Isn't Ort one of the most powerful if not the most powerful entity in the entire Nasuverse due to being the most powerful Type or something?

Dragonturtle fucked around with this message at 09:38 on Nov 23, 2017

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

Dragonturtle posted:

Isn't Ort one of the most powerful if not the most powerful entity in the entire Nasuverse due to being the most powerful Type or something?

It's like number 5 on the list of threats capable of wiping out humanity because nothing on Earth is capable of killing it (at least in the sense that we understand the concept of death, which just doesn't apply to ORT), and is extremely effective at killing humans (specifically, the second best at it, with Primate Murder being the best at killing humans).

Basically, the only thing keeping it from being number 1 on the list is the fact that unless it's disturbed by some rear end in a top hat intentionally trying to wake it up prematurely, it's more or less content to just chill out and hibernate in South America for the time being.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
King Hassan could kill it!

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy

W.T. Fits posted:

with Primate Murder being the best at killing humans

That's some loving nominative determinism right there.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
vampire forest was cool till shiki and ciel killed it

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
where is my turkey handle crossover event I need arcade bumstead

Dragonturtle
Feb 23, 2017

I sure wouldn't want to piss off a creature named "Primate Murder" though so the name kind of works.

taser rates
Mar 30, 2010

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Arthur's Excalibur is cooler. :colbert:

The Thirteen Seals are a neat/hammy concept.

Going by Lancer Arturia's profile, it sounds like the Rhongomyniad is related to proto Arthur's sword, so I've been wondering if that's something they're going to cover in the inevitable Prototype collab.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

W.T. Fits posted:

It's like number 5 on the list of threats capable of wiping out humanity
Now I kind of want to see the whole list. I think I know maybe one other besides ORT, but I'm not exactly deep down the Nasu rabbit hole. :downs:

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Arceuid didn't have breakfast and got real mad is number #0.

Thuryl
Mar 14, 2007

My postillion has been struck by lightning.

Taciturn Tactician posted:

That's some loving nominative determinism right there.

It's more the other way around: you might think the "Primate" part referred to them being some kind of priest or something, but no, they're a being created by the world specifically to kill primates, in case that was ever necessary. The world creates a lot of kinda dangerous stuff in this setting. (Also, be warned that they play a role in FGO's story later on, so expect spoilers if you go read up on them.)

Dragonturtle
Feb 23, 2017

The most interesting thing I read about ORT is that it apparently has some permanent super powerful reality marble far beyond what anyone else can do that is strong enough to strip Arceuid of her Archetype-Earth powers by making the surrounding areas a crystalline version of Mercury or something if she made him mad.

I love how nonsensical and strange and out of the box a lot of the things in this setting are.

Dragonturtle fucked around with this message at 12:21 on Nov 23, 2017

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!

taser rates posted:

Going by Lancer Arturia's profile, it sounds like the Rhongomyniad is related to proto Arthur's sword, so I've been wondering if that's something they're going to cover in the inevitable Prototype collab.

The Camelot singularity will go into extensive detail about Rhongomyniad and its capabilities. It will probably come up whenever they bring more Proto stuff into the GO setting like they've been hinting, though.

MonsieurChoc posted:

I want him to show up in FGO so much.

I keep wondering if they'll do it; it seems like they want to go with more human-related threats (which is why I totally expect other Tsukihime stuff to show up at some point).

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

you know who should be in FGO more?

thats right

olga marie

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Randomzx posted:

I mean to say the accumulated levels

Its different because you typically level one CE at a time to get the most out of the bonus XP. And if you are doing it with many 1 or 2 star CE, you are basically racking up multiple instances of bonus XP.
Sorry to keep harping on this, but I just want to make sure I understand what you are referring to and whether it actually differs from what I am getting at. CE leveling is a mess in this game so at the very least it pays to know the pros and cons of dealing with it. Again not necessarily disagreeing, just want to get clarification/confirmation:

-You prefer to take a given 1* of whatever level and always throw it into a level one 1* of whatever type (though using the same kind means you can LB the result which is ideal) to take advantage of the bonus XP incurred.
-In doing this, you never ever use 2*-4* until I guess the 1* hits its maximum level of 50?

If so, my problem with the first part is this: by doing this and ignoring the 2-4*, they will accumulate in your CE box to an unmanageable level. You will also need more fusion steps to reach 2,000,000 (not to mention years and years if you are only using 1* as material) which is going to be QP heavy. While the bonus XP in this process is nice and likely going to save you several 1* cards in the process, I would be surprised if 1% of the final 2,000,000 XP total was from bonus XP. It's just such a small fraction of the base XP inherit in the card.

I also don't care for using 2-4* as a base being fed XP because the amount of QP required goes up without actually benefiting the resulting total XP. Again, the only thing that matters is getting to 2,000,000 accumulated XP, the actual container doesn't matter. You could get there via only high level 1* being fed into lower level 1*, but it will take a long, long time. And in the end I am feeding higher level CEs into lower level ones (which will yield some bonus XP), just in fewer steps.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice

Clawtopsy posted:

thats right

olga marie
she dead yo

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Clawtopsy posted:

thats right

olga marie

One day my friend

One day

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
Did they update the translation? Also did they make it so it doesn't automatically go to the start screen because that's kinda a weird thing to do

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Pierson posted:

she dead yo

She lives on in our hearts (and in learning with manga)

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
Servants have a minimal physical baseline that is still far above that of humans, even the weakest Servants like Stheno, Euryale or Angra will completely dunk on regular rear end humans.
Moreover, since their bodies are fancy ghost-holding containers rather than regular meat, they can take life-ending wounds and keep trucking as long as the important places (head and heart, more or less) are fine. (And then there's some who can still survive past that). They don't bleed to death or enter shock, for example.

So yeah, that's why Emiya is stronger than Shirou, even if a grown up Shirou with the same arsenal of tricks as Servant Emiya.

Weissritter posted:

I guess King Arthur did not really walk around with a sword that can wipe out an army in a single swing (in this setting).

(she actually did)

(he even more so)

(Arthur excaliblasted somebody so hard they got wiped off the face of history. Literally.)

Dragonturtle posted:

I sure wouldn't want to piss off a creature named "Primate Murder" though so the name kind of works.

Legit spoiler for FGO:
It's fine turns out he's fluffy and your friend and likes to bully Merlin.

Thuryl posted:

It's more the other way around: you might think the "Primate" part referred to them being some kind of priest or something, but no, they're a being created by the world specifically to kill primates, in case that was ever necessary. The world creates a lot of kinda dangerous stuff in this setting. (Also, be warned that they play a role in FGO's story later on, so expect spoilers if you go read up on them.)

Note that there's some wordplay here. "Primate" is not just primates as in apes, it's also "Primate" as in prime. Like the #1. Top dog species. Aka humans, they who dominated Earth so thoroughly they changed the laws of physics and (not entirely deliberately) kicked out the old residents.

Kyte fucked around with this message at 14:31 on Nov 23, 2017

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
I thought Stheno and Euryale are goddesses. How are they weak

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart
Took a support Scathach into the Archer 40AP and watched her one-shot the gently caress out of Nobu. Nice.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Tired Moritz posted:

I thought Stheno and Euryale are goddesses. How are they weak
Not all gods are gods of battle. They are also very low-tier goddesses. In their natural state (aka not a Servant), they are as physically strong as someone of their appearance would actually be.

Dragonturtle posted:

The most interesting thing I read about ORT is that it apparently has some permanent super powerful reality marble far beyond what anyone else can do that is strong enough to strip Arceuid of her Archetype-Earth powers by making the surrounding areas a crystalline version of Mercury or something if she made him mad.

I love how nonsensical and strange and out of the box a lot of the things in this setting are.
Humans have that too. In Nasu cosmology, any creature (or aggregate of creatures) with a strong enough presence upon the world will start passively shifting the surrounding world into something more suited for their needs. It's just a thing that happens. It's part of why magic faded and stuff like dragon bones became dinosaur bones and oil. Humans with their hardon for "science" and "understanding how the laws of physics work" accidentally told magic to gently caress off. :v:

Tired Moritz posted:

Did they update the translation? Also did they make it so it doesn't automatically go to the start screen because that's kinda a weird thing to do
I think they wanted people to have the time to read the profile blurbs.

Kyte fucked around with this message at 14:38 on Nov 23, 2017

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy

Kyte posted:

Humans have that too. In Nasu cosmology, any creature (or aggregate of creatures) with a strong enough presence upon the world will start passively shifting the surrounding world into something more suited for their needs. It's just a thing that happens. It's part of why magic faded and stuff like dragon bones became dinosaur bones and oil. Humans with their hardon for "science" and "understanding how the laws of physics work" accidentally told magic to gently caress off. :v:

Isn't that literally the plot of Mage: The Awakening? Except without the accident part.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
A lot of these external lore might be easier to explain after going through london. That's where I set my spoiling point for non-story related lore anyway.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
hell yeah, im gonna fistfight stheno

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice

Tired Moritz posted:

I'm fine with loading screens needing a press, there's some fun text there sometimes.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

Kyte posted:

Not all gods are gods of battle. They are also very low-tier goddesses. In their natural state (aka not a Servant), they are as physically strong as someone of their appearance would actually be.

I think they wanted people to have the time to read the profile blurbs.

so youre telling me if i believe hard enough in olga she will come back and i can have a team of double maries, one super friendly, one super sassy?

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:

Clawtopsy posted:

so youre telling me if i believe hard enough in olga she will come back and i can have a team of double maries, one super friendly, one super sassy?
Depends on what type of Marble you manifest through your version of 'believe' and your Origin. Origin is also a big thing in Nasuverse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Taciturn Tactician posted:

Isn't that literally the plot of Mage: The Awakening? Except without the accident part.
The similarities have been pointed out before, yes.

Clawtopsy posted:

Sure, you just need a grail. :v: