Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Improbable Lobster posted:

The biggest reason to complain about GW is their business practises, not the minis

minis are a very close second though

lol at that new hover tank

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

JcDent posted:

The hate isn't on GW specifically, but more on nerds who keep paying money for naked miniatures that are often not even good.

Hasslefree miniatures makes some good ones

w00tmonger
Mar 9, 2011

F-F-FRIDAY NIGHT MOTHERFUCKERS

This is dope

Ilor
Feb 2, 2008

That's a crit.
Wrong thread. :colbert:

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

NTRabbit posted:

They earn an exemption for this one though:

( :nms: and this one, where's he's nekkid :nms: )

Schadenboner fucked around with this message at 00:27 on Nov 23, 2017

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all

vaginite posted:

Under representation of women is somewhat valid, esp. in the factions that have a lot of models that aren't in armor. The armored ones it's hard to add "definitely women" models, e.g. Space Marines, without adding hips and tits that start to sexualize the model and defeat the purpose.

Just go with head swaps. At 28mm, you don't really need to emphasize the fact that women are on average slightly shorter than men or have narrower shoulders or whatever. In combat armor, they look very much the same. The whole point is that you don't have to emphasize tits and rear end and hips to make something female. This is one thing Mantic has been pretty good at. Enforcers and GCPS have one body type and heads that are obviously men or women. You choose which to stick on. It's amazing what you can accomplish with hairstyles, facial features, and highlighting.

Frobbe
Jan 19, 2007

Calm Down
Ahm Shooting the enemay, Sargant!

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Give me a rifle, one round, and point me at Berlin!

NTRabbit posted:

Maybe at 40mm, but 40mm isn't a gaming scale unless you're some Inquisitor weirdo (and you have to be some sort of lunatic to play Inqusitor), and if going for stand models, I'd rather have a Tiger I or something.

E:

Bork bork

:nws:Yiff yiff:nws:

JcDent fucked around with this message at 09:11 on Nov 23, 2017

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Wicked sick!

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

JcDent posted:

Maybe at 40mm, but 40mm isn't a gaming scale unless you're some Inquisitor weirdo (and you have to be some sort of lunatic to play Inqusitor), and if going for stand models, I'd rather have a Tiger I or something.

E:

Bork bork

disappointing, its not even a dog dick

Exinos
Mar 1, 2009

OSHA approved squiq

JcDent posted:

E:

Bork bork

He's a good spacemarine, Dent.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
If your takeaway from this thread is that we criticize GW for titty-mini, you really haven't been reading what we're saying. They are extremely inoffensive compared to their clients/competition.

Irate Tree
Mar 12, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm a little surprised that there isn't someone out there who has put tits on a Talos/Chronos.

Seriously though, part of the appeal of Dark Eldar for me is that, there is an above average representation of women in the range. Compared to Craftworld Eldar, which only show up amongst Guardians and Banshees and that's basically it.
Plus the whole evil space pirates on space boats performing acts of space larceny.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

JcDent posted:

E:

Bork bork

They do 28mm too.

Also I said some.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

NTRabbit posted:

They do 28mm too.

Also I said some.

I didn't see any good ones at 28mm, tho. Maybe I'm just prejudiced against naked metal.

E: Well, if there's one thing to be said about Hasslefree, is that they love dicks as much as they love tits. If a male miniature is naked, you're gonna see a dick.

JcDent fucked around with this message at 07:37 on Nov 24, 2017

Vermintide
Oct 26, 2013

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

hmm, has corvus belli or wyrd ever sold miniatures with bare breasts for their game that was marketed heavily toward adolescent boys?

:thunk:

Monster-bird-lady boobs is the naked-est I can think of out of out of Wyrd's line.

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings
My father once told me that
The world has no borders"

Those 'tailfeathers' seems to come out of a buttplug.

Foglet
Jun 17, 2014

Reality is an illusion.
The universe is a hologram.
Buy gold.

adhuin posted:

The green blob seems to have come out of a butt.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Foglet posted:

The green blob seems to have come out of a butt.

Don't Shikomeshame.

As for Infinity, here's how the Chimera and her pupniks look:

They come from Bakunin, where body modification is A-OK. The chimera is a cop infiltrating illegal fighting rings (I think) and the pupniks are her "drone" animals.

Foglet
Jun 17, 2014

Reality is an illusion.
The universe is a hologram.
Buy gold.

JcDent posted:

Don't Shikomeshame.
She come.

JcDent posted:

the pupniks
The poopniks.
(my GOD is it even humanly possible to be so good at this)

DiHK
Feb 4, 2013

by Azathoth

That's not some kind of cuck fantasy involving dog-men instead of dark skinned men. Clearly.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Not everything is a racist cuck fantasy, you know.

If you wanted racism/colonialism, Ariadna is a planet had natives pseudopodes, kinda wolfpeople aliens who are probably subsentient (I'm not good at fluff). Ariadnan colonists had several wars with them (they just couldn't leave, as the wormhole who took them there promptly collapsed) and found out that pseudopod bite can turn you into a werewolf.

So now you have teams of pseudopods led by by werewolves. Interpret it as colonists leading askaris by being better at nativing than natives.

Genghis Cohen
Jun 29, 2013

DiHK posted:

That's not some kind of cuck fantasy involving dog-men instead of dark skinned men. Clearly.

:stare: i’m the last person to defend infinity’s crappy anime influenced weirdness, bu that’s quite an interpretation. It may say more about you than the models pictured!

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
One of them is a sheep.

DiHK
Feb 4, 2013

by Azathoth

Just sayin :colbert:

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

adhuin posted:

same

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Vermintide posted:

Monster-bird-lady boobs is the naked-est I can think of out of out of Wyrd's line.

I think the Voodoo Swamp-Hag master has her withered saggy boobs out. Downright progressive representing non-standard body types like that.

Zalabar
Feb 13, 2012

Yes, he would like fries with that, thank you.

The Moon Monster posted:

I think the Voodoo Swamp-Hag master has her withered saggy boobs out. Downright progressive representing non-standard body types like that.

The original metal model, yes. Every resculpt has a top.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

I don't know if there's enough old had titty fetishists for them to be anything but a marker that this hag is indeed old.

Now, if the miniature was inexplicably putting her naked feet forward...

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

Genghis Cohen posted:

:stare: i’m the last person to defend infinity’s crappy anime influenced weirdness, bu that’s quite an interpretation. It may say more about you than the models pictured!

Yeah I'm not seeing it either.

Lovely Joe Stalin fucked around with this message at 12:06 on Nov 25, 2017

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

DiHK posted:

why are you like this

DiHK
Feb 4, 2013

by Azathoth

Moola posted:

why are you like this

I blame it on going to a private art school for animation as a 30 year old and witnessing all the young dudes obsession with anime anthropomorphism.

Also as a born and raised Mississippian white dude I have a latent fascination with BBC "violating" "our" white women.

E:It's more about the "take me from behind" pose of Chimera.

DiHK fucked around with this message at 15:47 on Nov 25, 2017

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Those things are probably of little importance to horny anime Spaniards who made the sculpts waaay before cuck brainrot beset the Earth, tho.

DiHK
Feb 4, 2013

by Azathoth
If mini-sculpting is art then all interpretations are subjective and valid.

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

I think you will find that Spaniards are far more interested in their own penises engaging in interracial sex than in other people's penises, see most Latin American countries.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Anecdotally, Spaniards are interested in putting their penises in Eastern European vaginas since men attached to such penises are considered to have feelings aside from 'angry drunk,' unlike us men of native stock.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
Hey can we please not get into weird, racially charged sex stuff in the bad mini thread

Improbable Lobster fucked around with this message at 18:36 on Nov 25, 2017

Ilor
Feb 2, 2008

That's a crit.
Spoil-sport :mad:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PoontifexMacksimus
Feb 14, 2012

Improbable Lobster posted:

Hey can we please not get into weird, racial charged sex stuff in the bad mini thread

The orc was huge, well-muscled and even attractive for his species