Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Xbox One X #3 seems to work just fine. Yay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

slap me and kiss me
Apr 1, 2008

You best protect ya neck
Neat. Local coop?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Idk only played online. Doubt it

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

My experiences with Vermintide on PC may translate well to XBL:

It is indeed a L4D game with a "director" wich will randomize a bit certain parts of the maps. It is heavily melee focused wich will lead to getting cornered and getting hit more tan L4D wich, without a proper group will be a worse experience. The game itself runs and looks nice, if you like warhammer fantasy it will scratch that itch.

My main gripe was the crafting system wich was grindy and too random to get better items and felt half-assed. With it being free, if you can get a group you can get a good 9-10 hours before the game feels boring (or sooner). I lasted for like 25h on PC and that was with some patching but it is a miserable experience without friends to play with while in L4D you may even be lucky and beat a map.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

On console it did not run or look nice but it was playable

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Just tried to finish up AC Origins on PC since it was my last PC game before getting the X, and I can't because Uplay logged me out and isn't recognizing Google Authenticator codes, and Ubisoft support is offline for days thanks to American thanksgiving (wtf, I'm not American and neither is Ubisoft). gently caress PC gaming, almost worth rebuying Origins on X.

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

As someone who hates open world games but generally enjoys the rear end Creed formula, would I like Origins?

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

They switched up the formula and it's still open world, so I guess not? It's by far the best AC game IMO and would be goty contender if it had been made by a more popular dev than ubi.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
I don't think Ubi's popularity is why people badmouth them, I think it's because they have one game and they shovel out 11 versions of it a year every year.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Ether Frenzy posted:

I don't think Ubi's popularity is why people badmouth them, I think it's because they have one game and they shovel out 11 versions of it a year every year.

And 20+ SKU's of each of those.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Ether Frenzy posted:

Well yeah, that's what led to their bad rep. AC Origins is a great game and if it was made by Nintendo it'd be goty.

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

b-b-b-b-b-b-b-but trump is president
when will assassins creed and ubisoft get their fair shot smdh

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Me: enjoying assassining poo poo
Ubi: Wait you're not really playing a videogame and enjoying yourself, it's virtual reality and you're actually a worker at Dronecorp. now time for a lecture from some fool followed by a cutscene of you doing assasinations

Me: Fine I'll go play steam

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

Well yeah, that's what led to their bad rep. AC Origins is a great game and if it was made by Nintendo it'd be goty.

If it came out two years ago maybe, but this year has like 5 goty contenders

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

Just tried to finish up AC Origins on PC since it was my last PC game before getting the X, and I can't because Uplay logged me out and isn't recognizing Google Authenticator codes, and Ubisoft support is offline for days thanks to American thanksgiving (wtf, I'm not American and neither is Ubisoft). gently caress PC gaming, almost worth rebuying Origins on X.

Someone has been trying to reset my Ubisoft password nonstop for weeks. I set up Authenticator with it and even if they did get past 2FA all they'd get is access to a random handful of last gen AssCreeds.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Just finished Wolfenstein 2. Can't say I liked it as much as The New Order, something just felt "off" and it wasn't as fun/engaging. Looks great on X though.

And whoever chose the end credit music should be immediately fired, Jesus Christ.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

TheScott2K posted:

Someone has been trying to reset my Ubisoft password nonstop for weeks. I set up Authenticator with it and even if they did get past 2FA all they'd get is access to a random handful of last gen AssCreeds.

Do you have an email or username someone might think is theirs?

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

Just finished Wolfenstein 2. Can't say I liked it as much as The New Order, something just felt "off" and it wasn't as fun/engaging. Looks great on X though.

And whoever chose the end credit music should be immediately fired, Jesus Christ.

Yes, that is by far the worst song I’ve heard in years. Not even an exaggeration.

What are some good must-haves to get in this Xbox Black Friday sale that are near the $15 price point? Like, anyone play that The Fall Russian adventure game that looks like Inside? I picked up a few super cheap things for the kids, like Minecraft stories and such.

XtraSmiley
Oct 4, 2002

Blind Rasputin posted:

Yes, that is by far the worst song I’ve heard in years. Not even an exaggeration.

What are some good must-haves to get in this Xbox Black Friday sale that are near the $15 price point? Like, anyone play that The Fall Russian adventure game that looks like Inside? I picked up a few super cheap things for the kids, like Minecraft stories and such.

I got Forza Horizons 3 from Target at $15, but have yet to try it, from the reviews it sounds solid, also next year it should have some "X" upgrades.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Blind Rasputin posted:

What are some good must-haves to get in this Xbox Black Friday sale that are near the $15 price point?

I would definitely recomment Forza H3 to people, even non-racing fans. It's fun and not nearly as bland as the "motorsport" games.

If you like shlocky sci fi, Quantum Break is probably around $15 US. I've only played the first bit but it seems interesting/corny.

Halo 5 or Gears 4 if you like brainless shooters.

I didn't like FF15 (or any Final Fantasy games) but a lot of people do and it's in the $15 range now too.

Same with Dishonored 2 and its expansion.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Any price above $5 for Quantum Break is too much.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

I’ve been playing halo 5 on the one X and the graphics are so good. poo poo, I just slap that on easy mode and go wrecking ball on stupid aliens. It’s really fun.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
So couple weeks later what do you people think of Xbox one x

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..

Empress Brosephine posted:

Its really nice to play Xbox One games that aren't full of blurry textures. The sharpness on a 4K tv is a huge improvement although I don't have HDR on mine so I don't get that feature.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

It has made buying a used xbox to play rare replay slightly more of an impulse buy range purchase

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Kinda annoying that the YouTube app hasn't been updated for better outputs and crashes more often than it used to, but otherwise no problems.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

I love mine but playing anything but enhanced games looks awful, yeah.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

fishmech posted:

Kinda annoying that the YouTube app hasn't been updated for better outputs and crashes more often than it used to, but otherwise no problems.

They really should just put MyTube on the front page of the app store

Zat
Jan 16, 2008

I love mine but playing anything but enhanced games looks awful, yeah.

Sure but on the other hand they all run well now, unlike on the old Bone. It feels pretty great to see Bone games not run like dogshit.

Also, games using a dynamic resolution look pretty good because they usually end up being a nice permanent 1080p on the X.

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Zat posted:

Sure but on the other hand they all run well now, unlike on the old Bone. It feels pretty great to see Bone games not run like dogshit.

Also, games using a dynamic resolution look pretty good because they usually end up being a nice permanent 1080p on the X.

Yeah I'm a big fan of the dynamic resolution games getting pretty much locked at fill 1080.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Zat posted:

Right but I never had an original bone because it was underpowered.

Only non-enhanced game I play is Siege, which is strangely more enjoyable than other platforms because I get a super low ping for some reason.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

I love it. I had a one S and liked the upgrade on that one a lot, but it felt very incremental. The X makes games scream, and on a good 4K tv the enhanced games are just really, really good. I think like I said above, the ones like Halo 5 that got 4K 60fps is an experience I haven’t had on a console ever before.

Netflix and Hulu and all the other 4K streaming services, and the blue ray player, are just a big plus.

Maybe one of the biggest things is that the UI finally feels right. The console is fast enough to make the UI super smooth, and it just finally feels the way it was probably always meant to feel.

It’s definitely worth the money.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Picked up the One X on the way home from my parents. I don’t have a 4K but I’m going to do my research and grab one next weekend.

Games already run better and things in general look a bit less muddy.

Seconding the UI being faster, it works!

Sort of kind of miss yelling at Cortana to pause while I’m in he kitchen fixing a cocktail.

I upgraded from the OG Bone and I love it. It’s so drat small.

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

b-b-b-b-b-b-b-but trump is president

Blind Rasputin posted:

I love it. I had a one S and liked the upgrade on that one a lot, but it felt very incremental. The X makes games scream, and on a good 4K tv the enhanced games are just really, really good. I think like I said above, the ones like Halo 5 that got 4K 60fps is an experience I haven’t had on a console ever before.

Netflix and Hulu and all the other 4K streaming services, and the blue ray player, are just a big plus.

Maybe one of the biggest things is that the UI finally feels right. The console is fast enough to make the UI super smooth, and it just finally feels the way it was probably always meant to feel.

lmao

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

Blind Rasputin posted:

You bought three separate revisions of the Xbox One.

Why?

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Actually, that is easy to explain. I had an original Xbox one for years, and when the S became discounted a month or two before the X was going to come out, I traded in the Xbox one with the Kinect and controller, and with the trade value at the time getting the S only cost me $4 total. Then, when the X came out the prices all shifted and the trade-in value of the S was much higher than my original Xbox one would’ve ever been, so I was thus able to knock almost $200 off the X with that trade.

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

spudsbuckley posted:

You bought three separate revisions of the Xbox One.

Why?

Trade values are weirdly high on this generation of consoles. Gamestop was giving $225 trade credit for fat launch ps4s a month ago, and then is selling new slims for $199 with a $50 gift card now, it's some weird poo poo.

I was at gamestop for some dumb reason 2 weeks ago, and saw a mom buying a fat launch xbone for a kid for $200 used. :(

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Buying an Xbox, still a better investment than bitcoin.

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

Yeah I traded in my launch PS4 and grabbed a One S a month or two ago to be able to play with some old friends again. I got it and like 5 games for like 100$ cash out of pocket with all the trade in deals and bundles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Balthesar
Sep 4, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
Halo 3 looks legitimately great with the Bone X enhancements. I'm shocked they were able to make a 10 year old 360 game look this good.