Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

Spacebump posted:

Harry Barnes doesn't take poo poo from Memphis bears.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=icETgvlk5IQ

don't even have to click to know that one's banked in

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
There were so many great games tonight

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

https://twitter.com/BallersHype/status/933536433930989568

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MOQdyc7jphQ

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

WHO SAYS NO?!?!

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

The cooked-and-over lost season Cavs have won six straight

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

vaginal facsimile posted:

A yankee and Celtics fan...

I know Pats, Yankees, Lakers fan IRL

He disgusts me

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

zoux posted:

Global warming has them thinking it's March

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

zoux posted:

Now count how many games has Rose missed

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun

zoux posted:

Whereas the miserable Celtics are on a one-game losing streak

Tae posted:

Now count how many games has Rose missed

For some reason this evening I remembered when Adidas ran all those marketing campaigns that showed his injury and were all about him coming Back

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

G-Hawk posted:

im pro the embiid led sixers dynasty if he keeps dunking on everyone both physically and verbally

Only 5 games back after tonight.

SCARYJEINFELD
Oct 30, 2012

It happens sometimes. People just explode. Natural causes.
would the celtics be as good if Isaiah Thomas was still there instead of Kyrie? My gut reaction would be to say no but it's not like Kyrie is getting numbers that IT couldn't get. Only difference would be the slight upgrade in defense from IT to Kyrie and the celtics would still have Jaeseph Chowder

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
Well also that IT wouldn't be playing

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Tatum being their best 4 option is a huge upgrade over what was basically a tumbleweed of options last year, outside of Crowder playing the 4.

Also, Jaylen Brown is in his 2nd year and he looks like a legit 3+D at minimum, which there are like 10 good ones in the NBA.

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

:10bux:

Is this that chronic knee problem he has?

That type of poo poo worries me.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X

SCARYJEINFELD posted:

would the celtics be as good if Isaiah Thomas was still there instead of Kyrie? My gut reaction would be to say no but it's not like Kyrie is getting numbers that IT couldn't get. Only difference would be the slight upgrade in defense from IT to Kyrie and the celtics would still have Jaeseph Chowder

It is not a slight defensive upgrade

IT is phenomenally bad at defense

And it turns out Kyrie is actually pretty good at defense when he gives a poo poo, who could have guessed? (Besides everyone who watched Cavs playoff games the past 3 years)

Eric the Mauve fucked around with this message at 13:31 on Nov 23, 2017

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

NotWearingPants posted:

I am thankful that the Celtics and Warriors lost.

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Eric the Mauve posted:

And it turns out Kyrie is actually pretty good at defense when he gives a poo poo, who could have guessed? (Besides everyone who watched Cavs playoff games the past 3 years)

This is false

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

I guess the streak had to end sometime :(

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
Ben Simmons does amazing things every time he steps on the court. I swear he shows new moves every game.

it's a joy to watch him and Embiid play together. Both of their hook shots are getting more and more beautiful.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Tae posted:

Tatum being their best 4 option is a huge upgrade over what was basically a tumbleweed of options last year, outside of Crowder playing the 4.

Also, Jaylen Brown is in his 2nd year and he looks like a legit 3+D at minimum, which there are like 10 good ones in the NBA.

Jaylen Brown reminds me of the player I thought Kawhi would be early in his career, minus some defense. Offensively that is still really good plus I way underestimated Kawhi's growth curve.

Tatum is also a beast. 6'8" athletic forward is one of the few profiles that can actually look good as a rookie, but he is way more efficient and versatile than he has any right to be.

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Sorry what does this mean?

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

"Three and D," it describes a notional player who can't really dribble, pass or create his own shot but can hit open threes and play good defense. In other words, the archetypal small forward in the modern NBA.

That specific skill set is actually almost nonexistent but Robert Covington is probably the best example. Jae Crowder before he moved to Cleveland and contracted Clevelanditis.

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..

They can hit open 3-point shots and play adequate-to-good defence. A popular archetype of a complementary player right now.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Role Players who are usually low usage guys who focus on defense and hitting open 3s. Usually you have these guys in starting lineups to defend the other team's best wing and not take shots from stars.

Danny Green is probably the ideal. Guys like Roberson (when his 3 is falling), Sefalosha was another good example.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Lockback posted:

Guys like Roberson (when his 3 is falling)

lol

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
I wish Russ smacked KD in the mouth

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

It’s amazing hat KD continue to one up himself constantly on how shook he is

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Dejan Bimble posted:

I hear that Kevin Durant Boyle shampoo to get lifted. Josh Jackson might look like Jaylen Brown on a team that wasn't a train wreck. Erick Moreland is one of the top players in the league. How good could Atlanta's defense have been if Kyle Korver and Jeff Teague weren't on the floor. Who will 21 Savage support in the NBA playoffs. If you took all Chicago area NBA players and formed a team would they be good enough to beat Golden State. Is there an NBA sanctioned Angel worshiping cult lead bye Oklahoma City's Carmelo Anthony. When NBA players wives are pregnant do they recommend Obstetricians. Does Steph Curry have a higher Max deadlift then Aaron Brooks. Lots of questions lots of mystery leaves fall from trees shrubs shudder in the Autumn Wind, Sunset comes in nude who will ball hardest?

All this and more next time, on DRAGON BALL Z!!!!!

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
The Grizzlies suck! How do we fix them!

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

NickRoweFillea posted:

Get a gm that drafts well op

Jesus Rocket
Apr 25, 2003

Paul Zuvella posted:

It's really incredible. He's coming to realize that he will never be loved half as much as Russ and it's tearing him apart. He's shocked that people don't like him even though he has a ring, but he can't even make it fun and turn full heel because he has no personality or self confidence.

E2M2
Mar 2, 2007

Ain't No Thang.
https://twitter.com/DrewShiller/status/933536194310238208

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001
Forum Veteran And Professor Emeritus of Condiment Studies

NickRoweFillea posted:

It's nothing that a little more grit and grind can't fix.

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

:stat:man

NickRoweFillea posted:

They've needed shooters for a decade. Turns out those are hard to sign as free agents. They refuse to draft them for some reason.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

I like that the Grizzlies exist, it's fun to watch a basketball team from 2017 play against a basketball team from 2002

e: also Marc Gasol is still unironically cool and good

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

Remember when Memphis drafted Kevin Love and traded him for OJ Mayo and Antoine Walker

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Paul Zuvella posted:

Durant has so left LeBron in the dust in the race for MPAWB most passive-aggressive etc. etc of all time.

ShotClock on 2 seconds. :hurr:

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

dokmo posted:

Remember when Memphis drafted Kevin Love and traded him for OJ Mayo and Antoine Walker

I remember that, and a whole other host of draft fuckups that have existed since the dawn of the franchise

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

Dillion Brooks looks like a player

edit: who can't shoot

dokmo fucked around with this message at 17:39 on Nov 23, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

dokmo posted:

And the entire forum thought that was an amazing trade and that OJ was the next Kobe

• Locked thread