Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

J33uk
Oct 24, 2005

Omne posted:

So I told y'all that my wife got us tickets to Star Wars Galactic Nights for my birthday. What I DIDN'T know was she also got us costumes: I'm going as evil Anakin, she's going as Amidala. This.....should be interesting

Sounds awesome! I’m doing Galactic Nights as well for my dads birthday so I’ll be on the look out for ya!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Big fan of :frog:

Empress Brosephine posted:

The technology for that Iron Man ride is the same being used for the Great Mickey Ride

Wait what? Iron Man Experience is a straight motion simulator, right? The Disney blog post that announced Runaway Railway is heavily overpromising if it's just that.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Oh I thought it was a trackless simulator

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

There are too many stupid people in the world. I'm not saying we should kill them all or anything. Just take the warning labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself.

Lipstick Apathy

Cais posted:

My friend just posted this:

We've had zero luck finding them when we go to the parks or DS.

Quixotic1
Jul 25, 2007

Heading down this T-day weekend with the fam cause I hate my life/ only time slot available.

Has it been cool in the night the last few days to require a hoodie or windbreaker for those of us who have terrible thermoregulation, or will my compressible rain jacket suffice?

Also I tried looking for postcards on my last visit and couldn't find any, are they still a thing you can buy and if so where? I know about the coconut.

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

There are too many stupid people in the world. I'm not saying we should kill them all or anything. Just take the warning labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself.

Lipstick Apathy
It's warm. I walked the dog this morning at 5:45 like we normally do every morning and I was in shorts and a t-shirt. I was just out a few minutes ago and still shorts and t weather. Going to be rainy today but even that was a bust and we have not seen much of anything.

Also, my wife's family came in town from TX and is at the parks.. she posts rose gold ears they bought all the girls when they were at Epcot yesterday. FFS #facepalm.

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug
Can my friend use my AP magicband for the photopass if I didn’t go in the park with them?

Omne
Jul 12, 2003

Orangedude Forever

Lots of info on Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge for those interested: https://www.orlandoweekly.com/Blogs...to-disney-world

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

I have a client/friend at Disney right now and she texted me last night that she got me a pair of rose gold ears! Christmas is saved!

Cais
Jul 10, 2006
unicycler

Dren posted:

Can my friend use my AP magicband for the photopass if I didn’t go in the park with them?

Our site cares not for who scans the photos, it merely cares where the photos end up. As long as they are in your account, you can download them. If you don’t want to link to share photos, you can always have them scan to a PhotoPass card and claim that in your account.

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug

Cais posted:

Our site cares not for who scans the photos, it merely cares where the photos end up. As long as they are in your account, you can download them. If you don’t want to link to share photos, you can always have them scan to a PhotoPass card and claim that in your account.

Ohhh scanning a photopass card would work. I lent them a magicband so that should work. We are already linked though so can I just get the ones they take on their account without them having to use my MB?

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Braksgirl posted:

I have a client/friend at Disney right now and she texted me last night that she got me a pair of rose gold ears! Christmas is saved!

:3: That's wonderful. There were a few reports I saw today about them being everywhere at MK yesterday.

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
They are everywhere, it's just finding a shop that sells them. My sister in law told me they have enough but they limit the amount they ship to the stores to create that artificial demand. Not surprising.

Found a full rack of ears at Springs, grabbed two. Wife calls her sister to see if she wants one for her.. turn around and they're GONE.

Also this..

demonR6 fucked around with this message at 15:43 on Nov 24, 2017

Anya
Nov 3, 2004
"If you have information worth hearing, then I am grateful for it. If you're gonna crack jokes, then I'm gonna pull out your ribcage and wear it as a hat."
Yeah! My sister was able to re-arrange her spring schedule and we officially get to do a real family trip (me, sis, parents) are all going in February! It’s our last real trip all together ever I think, she graduates med school in May and gets married in April.

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Standing in a two hour line to buy the limited edition Haunted Mansion cast member costume handbag / tote for my wife. The line wraps around the building.

Sporkie
Jun 1, 2009
So, I'm sort of starting to plan my return trip to World after many many years(I think my last trip was in my teens?), still figuring things out and all, but I had a question. I've read/heard a lot of Epcot's front is basically being removed/redone/whatever, is that effecting things like Living With the Land and the aquarium bit/whatever that's been turned into in the last 15ish years, or is all that still intact? Since Living With the Land was quite possibly my second favorite thing in Disney, I'm kinda worried it went away when I wasn't looking.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Sporkie posted:

So, I'm sort of starting to plan my return trip to World after many many years(I think my last trip was in my teens?), still figuring things out and all, but I had a question. I've read/heard a lot of Epcot's front is basically being removed/redone/whatever, is that effecting things like Living With the Land and the aquarium bit/whatever that's been turned into in the last 15ish years, or is all that still intact? Since Living With the Land was quite possibly my second favorite thing in Disney, I'm kinda worried it went away when I wasn't looking.

Living with the land is still there. It's the Wonders of Life pavilion that got axed.

Epcot is still very Cool And Good.

Hollywood Studios is the park where everything is being redone and is super lame (until the new stuff is opened, in which it will be super duper Cool And Good)

Sporkie
Jun 1, 2009

Renegret posted:

Living with the land is still there. It's the Wonders of Life pavilion that got axed.

Epcot is still very Cool And Good.

Hollywood Studios is the park where everything is being redone and is super lame (until the new stuff is opened, in which it will be super duper Cool And Good)

Thank you. Like I said it's been a long time, and I don't remember all the names of things, so I wasn't sure. Epcot will always be Cool And Good just for the countries and all, but I loved that little ride about aquaculture and all that other cool stuff. I am a giant nerd for that stuff.

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

We're going to hit Animal Kingdom first thing tomorrow morning for my wife's birthday. Which is the best Avatar ride to basically run to first?

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Sporkie posted:

Thank you. Like I said it's been a long time, and I don't remember all the names of things, so I wasn't sure. Epcot will always be Cool And Good just for the countries and all, but I loved that little ride about aquaculture and all that other cool stuff. I am a giant nerd for that stuff.

I have no idea how to go about booking it but you can take a behind the scenes walking tour. Next time I go to Disney I'm going to be all up in that poo poo. I unironically love living off the land and not because there's always no line and it's a nice place to sit when your feet hurt.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Flight of passage

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Renegret posted:

I have no idea how to go about booking it but you can take a behind the scenes walking tour. Next time I go to Disney I'm going to be all up in that poo poo. I unironically love living off the land and not because there's always no line and it's a nice place to sit when your feet hurt.

Called Behind the Seeds, was only like $25 secret best tour of Disney. Call Disney directly to book it. There’s AP and Disney Chase discounts. Great tour.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
You could always call Disney also and say you have a AP and when they ask for the number just say you forgot it and they’ll likely still give it to you. YMMV.

We weee told we have to put your phone number in for the discount but a lot of them just don’t care.

Sporkie
Jun 1, 2009

Renegret posted:

I'm 100% with you on that. I love the ride and the information and just.. I dunno. It's so cool. I still remember the seedlings going around with exposed roots being misted with water/nutrients and everything and just thinking it's super awesome and yes I'm all giddy still after all these years. It's good to know that tour is still running too, since that's entirely on my must-do list as well when I scrape this whole idea together.

Fejsze
May 13, 2013

Only you are the fish of my dreams

Called Behind the Seeds, was only like $25 secret best tour of Disney. Call Disney directly to book it. There’s AP and Disney Chase discounts. Great tour.

Can also just walk up to the podium near Soarin' day-of and sign up. I've gone every trip and love it each time. Best money spent in park, hands down.

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug
Every time I want to go on living with the land it’s 40 or 50 minutes. I wish it were a walk on, I like it but not enough to wait 40 or 50 minutes or burn a fastpass.

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

We got here at 9:30. Already a 220 min wait for avatar. Lol nope, off to the safari!

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Lines for Avatar area have been poo poo all weekend. We went day after Thanksgiving and it was rainy, overcast, misty you name it.. park was still packed. Parks have been hella busy due to the holidays anyways.

Pic spam.

Album
https://imgur.com/a/4G6wr

See the little giraffe in the back? He's mounting the other. Yep, nature at it's finest. We rounded the corner and got the full shot as he got up in the other and the parents on the bus we're all gasping and scrambling to get the kids looking anything else but this. Meanwhile as the driver is accelerating I'm sitting in the back seat going "Yeah, get some little dude!" and the family two rows ahead is covering the ears of their kid while he's laughing and pointing.

demonR6 fucked around with this message at 17:05 on Nov 27, 2017

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

Dren posted:

Every time I want to go on living with the land it’s 40 or 50 minutes. I wish it were a walk on, I like it but not enough to wait 40 or 50 minutes or burn a fastpass.

That's weird because I don't think we've ever waited more than 10 minutes and do it every time we're at EPCOT. Maybe it's when a big rush from Soarin fast passes builds up?

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I’ve seen it be that long at times also. Same with grand fiesta tour lol.

Cais
Jul 10, 2006
unicycler

I’ve seen it be that long at times also. Same with grand fiesta tour lol.

I’ll never forget the text from my roommate.

“We’re in the extended queue for Gran Fiesta Tour. I didn’t even know they HAD an extended queue. “

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

demonR6 posted:

Lines for Avatar area have been poo poo all weekend. We went day after Thanksgiving and it was rainy, overcast, misty you name it.. park was still packed. Parks have been hella busy due to the holidays anyways.

Pic spam.

Album
https://imgur.com/a/4G6wr

See the little giraffe in the back? He's mounting the other. Yep, nature at it's finest. We rounded the corner and got the full shot as he got up in the other and the parents on the bus we're all gasping and scrambling to get the kids looking anything else but this. Meanwhile as the driver is accelerating I'm sitting in the back seat going "Yeah, get some little dude!" and the family two rows ahead is covering the ears of their kid while he's laughing and pointing.

lol that's awesome

The giraffe's were super active today. They were all over the place. This guy was right next to our truck

Lions were lazy as usual lol

Could not have ask for better weather. We were there for about 5 hours and that's about as long as I can stand being around that many other people lol

Quixotic1
Jul 25, 2007

Saw Paul Rudd in MK on Saturday. Was going to do the finger snapping Ant-Man commerical some distance away with my niece and nephew and hope to get a nod/ tipping of the hat. We chickened out of course, plus I didn't want to blow his cover. Just like the time I saw Bautista in EPCOT near the release of the first Guardians film, cept it's harder to hide as a jacked up wrestler wearing no hat and a tight fitting t-shirt.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Man that black magic band looks awesome. I'm legit surprised they don't have a bride/groom magic band duo yet. Obviously not a set so groom/groom and bride/bride pairs can get their magicbands too. but c'mon. How hard is it to print a few little suit buttons and a little bowtie on that?

Bottom Liner posted:

That's weird because I don't think we've ever waited more than 10 minutes and do it every time we're at EPCOT. Maybe it's when a big rush from Soarin fast passes builds up?

Right after meal times I've seen Living with the Land spike. Don't care. I dunno if I'd wait 50 minutes for it, but The Land pavilion at Epcot is literally one of my top 5 things on the entire property. This sounds insane but Living with the Land is right up there with Soarin for me.

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
They have marriage themed buttons to put on the bands, we grabbed those a few years ago during our honeymoon.

Mykkel
Oct 8, 2012

we were somewhere around hesaim on the edge of the spinward marches when the drugs began to take hold.

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

Right after meal times I've seen Living with the Land spike. Don't care. I dunno if I'd wait 50 minutes for it, but The Land pavilion at Epcot is literally one of my top 5 things on the entire property. This sounds insane but Living with the Land is right up there with Soarin for me.

I"m with you on Living with the Land. I've done it back to back while wife and daughter went on Soaring.

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Got some pics last night at MK since they were not doing Very Merry.. dicking around with lens blur on my Pixel. Park closes today at 4:30 to all guests for cast member party.

https://imgur.com/a/CK1kX

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
Man the Pixel 2 camera is so much better in low light than the iPhone 8+. Portrait mode is basically unusable in anything but daylight.

We’re eating at Artists Point next week, super excited to finally try it. Any recommendations?

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Artist's Point was one of our favorites.. we ate there for an anniversary dinner a few years ago and sits at the top 5 list. Until we cycle through all the restaurants though we won't get back there, so many choices. I may need a second wife to be able to get through them all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tomapot
Apr 7, 2005
Suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.
Oven Wrangler

Bottom Liner posted:

Man the Pixel 2 camera is so much better in low light than the iPhone 8+. Portrait mode is basically unusable in anything but daylight.

We’re eating at Artists Point next week, super excited to finally try it. Any recommendations?

Everything. Seriously, the couple times we went everything was fabulous. One of our favorites is the mushroom bisque soup. Huge fan.