Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cippalippus
Mar 31, 2007

Out for a ride, chillin out w/ a couple of friends. Going to be back for dinner

kaesarsosei posted:

I don't think the Nikolai is what it used to be (I don't actually own it). The Iron Duke is so ridiculous that I'm pretty sure its better than the Nikolai.

Likewise, the fact that Tier 5's constantly face T7's these days probably means the Gremy isn't all that either. Wasn't it OP partially because it was one of the only sub-T8 ships that could stealth fire? It's probably still the best T5 DD but is it better than a Leningrad, Shiratsuyu, Maass or Sims? And the new Pan-Asian T7 looks completely mental going by Flamu's preview.

I only got the Gremyaschy after the stealth fire removal thanks to a bonus code that a goon gave me and I can assure you that it's incredibly powerful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

orange juche posted:

lmao they have a sale bundle that has 45 premium ships in it. jesus gently caress

I see a few that are worth a drat, the rest are poo poo.

Planes decided to charge just $589 for 84 planes in their bundle. Just to add to the discussion with regards to tanks also doing a giant bundle sale as well.

Burlinton
Jul 4, 2014

orange juche posted:

lmao they have a sale bundle that has 45 premium ships in it. jesus gently caress

I see a few that are worth a drat, the rest are poo poo.

Yeah not paying that much for just a couple of decent ships, will buy them individually

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Try looking at the WoT one. Nearly $1000 and it doesn't even include most of the newer, OP tanks. Nor does it grant any special incentives like a "Mr. Moneybags" camo or emblem.

And also then you'd have to play World of Tanks :-/

E: or be like me, and have spent a ton of money on a bunch of premium tanks and then get burned out on the awful high tier game and braindead pubbies.

Lakedaimon
Jan 11, 2007

The Nikolai is still really good. The superstructure is very minimal, so you get tons of HE shatters. The guns have magical accuracy, so if you're trading salvos with another BB you win the dpm race handily. Its just useless against carriers, but hey they even nerfed those by removing manual drops.

The gremy seems really strong to me because its as shooty as any other DD at the tier, but also has 8km torpedoes so you can put your foot in battleships too.

kaesarsosei
Nov 7, 2012
I'm not questioning either ship btw, I'm just saying that in the current game neither should be considered so OP as to be not sold. The Saipan is a much more OP ship for example.

Cippalippus
Mar 31, 2007

Yeah, but consider this: their policy with premium ships is that they never get their stats nerfed. This has caused the Gremyaschy (at tier 5) to be better than the regular tier 6 russian DD under every aspect, most importantly the torpedoes.

It's a destroyer and you can't just drive into the enemy team and murder everything, but it's nearly a T7 ship that gets T5 matchmaking and MM weight.

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

There are too many stupid people in the world. I'm not saying we should kill them all or anything. Just take the warning labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself.

Lipstick Apathy
Brother finally got sick and burned out of botes and have me my account back. What's I miss?

ZombieLenin
Sep 6, 2009

"Democracy for the insignificant minority, democracy for the rich--that is the democracy of capitalist society." VI Lenin

[/quote]

Cippalippus posted:

Yeah, but consider this: their policy with premium ships is that they never get their stats nerfed. This has caused the Gremyaschy (at tier 5) to be better than the regular tier 6 russian DD under every aspect, most importantly the torpedoes.

It's a destroyer and you can't just drive into the enemy team and murder everything, but it's nearly a T7 ship that gets T5 matchmaking and MM weight.

It is there policy, because in the EU where they actually give more than lip service to consumer protection, any “fundamental alteration of virtual goods,” which a stat nerf would be, entitles EU citizens to a refund.

Incidentally this is also why they offered refunds on the premium smoke cruisers when they changed the smoke rules.

NerdyMcNerdNerd
Aug 3, 2004
There's been an awful lot of standard battles lately, and I really hate them. It's very hard for destroyers, and cruisers, to an extent, to use their limited range in creative ways when battleships just sit at range and duke it out.

Everyone just sort of hangs back. There's no incentive to get closer than you need to in order to spot or land hits, and that grossly favors battleshits.

Somebody Awful
Nov 27, 2011

BORN TO DIE
HAIG IS A FUCK
Kill Em All 1917
I am trench man
410,757,864,530 SHELLS FIRED

demonR6 posted:

What's I miss?

Bunch of new ships got added, CVs are still broken, IJN DDs are still nerfed, WG still doesn't know how to balance.

Victor Surge
Feb 2, 2006

If Thomson hadn't disabled the louts' aeroplanes with well tossed wrenches, I dare say those uncouth vandals would have made off with your victuals and garments.

demonR6 posted:

Brother finally got sick and burned out of botes and have me my account back. What's I miss?

The most balanced line in the game...British Battleships...came out. Believe me, you don't need to watch any videos about the Conqueror.

Also BBs and most CAs can't really stealth fire in smoke anymore.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Victor Surge posted:

The most balanced line in the game...British Battleships...came out. Believe me, you don't need to watch any videos about the Conqueror.

Also BBs and most CAs can't really stealth fire in smoke anymore.

Also there's no stealth firing of guns without smoke anymore

James Garfield
May 5, 2012
Am I a manipulative abuser in real life, or do I just roleplay one on the Internet for fun? You decide!

ZombieLenin posted:

It is there policy, because in the EU where they actually give more than lip service to consumer protection, any “fundamental alteration of virtual goods,” which a stat nerf would be, entitles EU citizens to a refund.

ahaha no, even Wargaming games have nerfed premium vehicles without offering a refund.

It is their policy because they sell more boats that way.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN

James Garfield posted:

ahaha no, even Wargaming games have nerfed premium vehicles without offering a refund.

I'm sorry but Zombie is correct and this is wrong. Unless there is a game mechanics change that affects all ships or tanks or whatever across the board WG'ing must offer a refund per EU law/judiciary ruling. So when HEAT changed in tanks they did not have to offer a refund because it affected all HEAT rounds. Same for the stealth firing changes since it was a mechanic change. However, with the new smoke firing rules it changed a fundamental part of the Belfast/Kutuzov which is why refunds were offered. Much like when WG'ing changed the Super Pershing's armor layout they had to offer a refund.

Tl;dr: Change to the digital good means a refund must be offered. Changing how the good functions in the construct of the game does not.

James Garfield
May 5, 2012
Am I a manipulative abuser in real life, or do I just roleplay one on the Internet for fun? You decide!

rex rabidorum vires posted:

I'm sorry but Zombie is correct and this is wrong. Unless there is a game mechanics change that affects all ships or tanks or whatever across the board WG'ing must offer a refund per EU law/judiciary ruling. So when HEAT changed in tanks they did not have to offer a refund because it affected all HEAT rounds. Same for the stealth firing changes since it was a mechanic change. However, with the new smoke firing rules it changed a fundamental part of the Belfast/Kutuzov which is why refunds were offered. Much like when WG'ing changed the Super Pershing's armor layout they had to offer a refund.

Tl;dr: Change to the digital good means a refund must be offered. Changing how the good functions in the construct of the game does not.

reference please

(to a source other than wargaming - I find it exceedingly unlikely that this law exists but manages to have no effect on anything other than wargaming)

e: also pretty funny that anyone thinks smoke is a "fundamental part" of premium cruisers with smoke, but stealth fire isn't important to premium ships that can stealth fire, and AFT/BFT affecting 6" guns is important to the Kutuzov but not to any other premium ship with 6" guns

James Garfield fucked around with this message at 01:36 on Nov 25, 2017

ZombieLenin
Sep 6, 2009

"Democracy for the insignificant minority, democracy for the rich--that is the democracy of capitalist society." VI Lenin

[/quote]

James Garfield posted:

Ah... yes. That is also why they just stop selling broken premiums as well—see Nikolai and Konig Albert. Nerfs to premiums don’t happen for this very reason.

Now, that does not mean premiums aren’t buffed or suffer from power creep. Also, keep in mind there is zero requirement to offer refunds to NA, Oceania players, or China players. To the extent they are offered to those players (see Belfast and Kutuzov) its more about the PR hit they’d get for giving EU players refunds and not anyone else.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Got drunk and bought the Atlanta.

She seems niiiice.

Mauzeraut
Aug 15, 2005

Ka-BEWWWWM!
*Pick TYL, not expecting anything.*
*Supercontainer! * :captainpop:

"Woo!! Ok, please be 50k FXP! Or a Speed Boost mod!"
*Opens supercontainer.*
Gets the "you got a ship" dink.
"Oh my Jesus n***a please be a Gremy..." :dance:

:flaccid:

Mauzeraut fucked around with this message at 04:28 on Nov 25, 2017

Mauzeraut
Aug 15, 2005

Ka-BEWWWWM!

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Got drunk and bought the Atlanta.

She seems niiiice.

Favorite ship in the game, that's including Belfast. You'll have to learn her quirks and and get a special snowflake of a captain but she's worth it.

Cippalippus
Mar 31, 2007

ZombieLenin posted:

Incidentally this is also why they offered refunds on the premium smoke cruisers when they changed the smoke rules.

I live in the EU and this is just some rumor that has been circulating without any actual basis. The EU consumer law doesn't say anything even remotely close to this.

The reason why they have this policy in place is simple: it's a good business practice and makes consumers feel safe. They do the same in Russia, where consumer laws state that complaining about an item purchased is rewarded with a strong punch in the dick.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

there's a proposal from 2015 as part of the european commissions' digital single market that includes an article talking about modification of digital content, but i'm not sure how it applies to this situation, or if it even has any current effect. i'm american scum, i just went and did some research because i've heard european friends say the same things as above.

Cippalippus
Mar 31, 2007

Proposals are what the name implies: proposals. To be effective they need to be delivered in a Directive. Directives don't directly apply in a member State, but they need to be formally applied through some kind of national legislation, and it usually takes years.

In certain cases, such as here in Italy, if a national law isn't compliant with an European directive, the Judge might still rule against national law.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Premium baguette spotted

French Battleship Gascogne, tier VIII

Hit points - 63200, plating - 32 mm, belt - 250 - 320 mm. Main battery - 2x4 380 mm. Firing range - 24.8 km. HE damage - 5400, AP damage - 11900. Reload time 30 s., 180 degree turn time - 36 s., maximum dispersion - 309 m. HE initial velocity - 830 m/s. AP initial velocity - 830 m/s. Sigma count - 1.8. Maximum speed - 32.0 kt. Turning circle radius - 850 m., rudder shift time - 15.3 s. Surface detectability - 16.2 km, air detectability - 13.8 km. Detectability after firing main guns in smoke - 15.4 km. Anti-torpedo defense damage reduction - 19%.

Available consumables:
Slot 1 - Damage Control Party
Slot 2 - Repair Party
Slot 3 - Spotting Aircraft
Slot 4 - Engine Boost

Verloc
Feb 15, 2001

Note to self: Posting 'lulz' is not a good idea.

Mauzeraut posted:

Favorite ship in the game, that's including Belfast. You'll have to learn her quirks and and get a special snowflake of a captain but she's worth it.
I bought one as well. How do I not be a potato with it? So far I've been playing it like a big shooty US DD.

Lady Morgaga
Aug 27, 2012

by Smythe

Verloc posted:

I bought one as well. How do I not be a potato with it? So far I've been playing it like a big shooty US DD.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qF3x0aeoPhc

Lakedaimon
Jan 11, 2007

None of this is exactly a stunning revelation, but laws and regulations aside its just bad business to release overpowered premiums and then nerf the hell out of them. Do that a few times and then your customer base will lose confidence. Sure there are always going to be collector types who will buy just about anything (*cough* Prinz Eugen), or people who have some kind of personal connection through military service or family or even geography with certain ships. But most people buy a premium because it promises to do something special over the tech tree ships. Imagine if they released the low-dispersion test version of the Cesare and then nerfed it after release to the current version? The amount of butthurt would be accordingly measured in displacement.

If anything, I think their policy of taking overpowered ships off the market pushes demand up slightly because some players worry about missing the next Nikolai.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

French Battleship Alsace, tier IX

Hit points - 69000, plating - 32 mm, belt - 275 - 350 mm. Main battery - 3x4 380 mm :france:. Firing range - 21.5 km. HE damage - 5400, AP damage - 11900. Reload time 30 s., 180 degree turn time - 36 s., maximum dispersion - 277 m. HE initial velocity - 830 m/s. AP initial velocity - 830 m/s. Sigma count - 2.0. Maximum speed - 30.4 kt. Turning circle radius - 910 m., rudder shift time - 23.2 s. Surface detectability - 16.7 km, air detectability - 15.1 km. Detectability after firing main guns in smoke - 15.4 km. Anti-torpedo defense damage reduction - 43%.

Available consumables:
Slot 2 - Repair Party
Slot 3 - Spotting Aircraft/Catapult Fighter
Slot 4 - Engine Boost

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 18:17 on Nov 26, 2017

MrKatharsis
Nov 29, 2003

feel the bern
The speed of an Iowa, with the turning circle of...an Iowa!

NerdyMcNerdNerd
Aug 3, 2004
Playing a tier 7 game in my DD. The game starts, and I watch our top tier BB immediately turn toward the southern border, below our spawn.

I watch, face like :geno:, as he keeps driving in a direction where there is literally nothing to shoot at. He is completely unopposed, but he keeps going and going. Finally, I ping him, and I ask why he's been cruising along the border for the entire game. "What is your strategy? Why are you doing this?"

Somebody Awful
Nov 27, 2011

BORN TO DIE
HAIG IS A FUCK
Kill Em All 1917
I am trench man

I've seen that happen two or three times in just the last week.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten

NTRabbit posted:

French Battleship Alsace, tier IX

Hit points - 69000, plating - 32 mm, belt - 275 - 350 mm. Main battery - 3x4 380 mm :france:. Firing range - 21.5 km. HE damage - 5400, AP damage - 11900. Reload time 30 s., 180 degree turn time - 36 s., maximum dispersion - 277 m. HE initial velocity - 830 m/s. AP initial velocity - 830 m/s. Sigma count - 2.0. Maximum speed - 30.4 kt. Turning circle radius - 910 m., rudder shift time - 23.2 s. Surface detectability - 16.7 km, air detectability - 15.1 km. Detectability after firing main guns in smoke - 15.4 km. Anti-torpedo defense damage reduction - 43%.

Available consumables:
Slot 2 - Repair Party
Slot 3 - Spotting Aircraft/Catapult Fighter
Slot 4 - Engine Boost

Jesus 2.0 sigma and 12 guns, that's gonna be a "fun" time for a lot of cruisers.

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Muscovy Ducks are a large tropical breed, famous for their lean and extremely flavorful meat.

Hazduck!

~SMcD

wdarkk posted:

Jesus 2.0 sigma and 12 guns, that's gonna be a "fun" time for a lot of cruisers.

Unless the shells fly faster than it seems, its very likely going to struggle against kiting cruisers with 15 inch guns at T9. You might need a prayer to get the shells to land in a way to do real damage.
It'll be kinda like a T9 Scharnhorst, I feel. Except at T7, the CAs are food. At T9... you're gonna be the food.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten

Hazdoc posted:

Unless the shells fly faster than it seems, its very likely going to struggle against kiting cruisers with 15 inch guns at T9. You might need a prayer to get the shells to land in a way to do real damage.
It'll be kinda like a T9 Scharnhorst, I feel. Except at T7, the CAs are food. At T9... you're gonna be the food.

Oof, I didn't think about that. Gonna be "interesting".

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

wdarkk posted:

Oof, I didn't think about that. Gonna be "interesting".

Might have trouble hitting kiting cruisers, but with the same long lived engine boost as the Henri it's going to be a whole lot harder for cruisers to actually kite Alsace or...

The Last Baguette

French Battleship France :france:, tier X

Hit points - 92400, plating - 32 mm, belt - 350 - 400 mm. Main battery - 2x4 431 mm. Firing range - 26.1 km. HE damage - 6300, AP damage - 14500. Reload time 30 s., 180 degree turn time - 36 s., maximum dispersion - 322 m. HE initial velocity - 840 m/s. AP initial velocity - 840 m/s. Sigma count - 2.0. Maximum speed - 30 kt. Turning circle radius - 980 m., rudder shift time - 18.3 s. Surface detectability - 18.0 km, air detectability - 16.8 km. Detectability after firing main guns in smoke - 18.3 km. Anti-torpedo defense damage reduction - 36%.

Available consumables:
Slot 2 - Repair Party
Slot 3 - Engine Boost

They've both also got formidable secondary and good long range AA auras, specifically Alsace has 3x triple 6" centreline and 6+6 x the dual 100mm turrets that St Louis carries 7 of, while France looks like it has 4x triple 6" centreline and I think 7+7x dual 100mm. Or, they could possibly be the better 127mm turrets from Henri IV.

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 12:52 on Nov 27, 2017

Krogort
Oct 27, 2013
It sure is a bigass boat for a ship with only 2 turrets...
Unless it has a trollish armor layout or submarine citadel I don't think it's going to be very good.
Or it has high pen rail guns for guns.

Somebody Awful
Nov 27, 2011

BORN TO DIE
HAIG IS A FUCK
Kill Em All 1917
I am trench man

That camo tho.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Krogort posted:

It sure is a bigass boat for a ship with only 2 turrets...
Unless it has a trollish armor layout or submarine citadel I don't think it's going to be very good.
Or it has high pen rail guns for guns.

It's the fastest shell velocity at tier until the Russian BBs come out, the question is how heavy the shells are for the long range stuff

Somebody Awful
Nov 27, 2011

BORN TO DIE
HAIG IS A FUCK
Kill Em All 1917
I am trench man

In other warbote news, RV Petrel has found the wreck of Yamashiro.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 57 minutes!
Burnt myself out of Destiny 2, back to playing boates, what did I miss in the last 2 months ?

Time to add some of my bad opinions:

*Imagine if they had bundled the Black Friday package with a Kitakami....I would have thrown my credit card at them and then felt bad, especially since I already have all these ships.

*The Gascogne's secondaries could be magical, if they have good range and fire HE. I really would love to have another ship, outside the Germans, with a strong secondary build option.

*EU Goons - do we currently participate in Clan Wars in GOON ? I really want to get into that for the Stalingrad, although the experience will probably be bad now that we are getting into the late season.

*BB France - I'm curious what that shell velocity does in game. The only other gun with such a high shell velocity would have been the Littorio's 15 inchers, http://www.navweaps.com/Weapons/WNIT_15-50_m1934.php

Hammerstein fucked around with this message at 17:23 on Nov 27, 2017