Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
yea, grail is the easiest way to do it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
oh no, i gave them all to the other marie already :negative:

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I still have a bunch of 4* EXP cards I could get from the event shop, would it be worth grinding up tsukumo-nasus to buy them or is the normal EXP stages a better value for time?

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

I still have a bunch of 4* EXP cards I could get from the event shop, would it be worth grinding up tsukumo-nasus to buy them or is the normal EXP stages a better value for time?
Depends on how many tsukumo boost CE you have. Also have to factor in daily class exp vs All class exp.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
You can do some maths for that one:

40AP (currently 20AP) embers quest is max of nine gold cards, more likely 7-8.
gold cards from the shop cost 10 pots, so if you can get more than 80-90 pots in two runs of the 10AP event quest then yeah it's worth it.

It will depend on how many CEs you can scrounge up.

Pierson fucked around with this message at 15:08 on Nov 23, 2017

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Clawtopsy posted:

oh no, i gave them all to the other marie already :negative:

https://twitter.com/Redkrimson/status/933531684804407296

Nyeehg
Jul 14, 2013

Grimey Drawer
So I gave each of the new banners a 10 roll not expecting much.

I got Tamamo and Fragments of 2030 :stare:. Tamamo was a welcome suprise as I spent more than I care to admit trying and failing to get her on halloween.

Not rolling anymore as I don't wanna push my luck. Still, this is much better than I expected

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Been abusing a goon's MLB Kaleidoscope'd Tama-cat for hand farming since last night and I dread the day that NP stops being funny.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Oh Snapple! posted:

Been abusing a goon's MLB Kaleidoscope'd Tama-cat for hand farming since last night and I dread the day that NP stops being funny.

I eagerly await the day she gets an animation update.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

As long as they don't touch the NP, with the exception of making it an even more poorly drawn cat.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Oh Snapple! posted:

As long as they don't touch the NP, with the exception of making it an even more poorly drawn cat.

:hai:

RuanGacho
Jun 20, 2002

"You're gunna break it!"

Its probably been covered but my last quartz spend of the foreseeable future dropped a fragment of 2030, what's the best way to utilize it?

RuanGacho
Jun 20, 2002

"You're gunna break it!"

Also I got a 6th copy of zero over, what do??

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.

RuanGacho posted:

Merge a couple?

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!

RuanGacho posted:

Its probably been covered but my last quartz spend of the foreseeable future dropped a fragment of 2030, what's the best way to utilize it?

Generally the idea is to slap it on your support or someone you want to bulk up a bit - it's a pure +HP essence statwise, and you want that person sticking around for continued passive stargen. So stick it on Waver, on Tamamo, on Mash once she gets good around Camelot, on Hans, etc.

RuanGacho posted:

Hang on to it and begin working on a second one! There are instances where you can run multiple LZOs as a strat. More options is never bad!

RuanGacho
Jun 20, 2002

"You're gunna break it!"

Largepotato posted:

Merge a couple?

I started doing that a while ago because I'm pretty sure that all my 5 star luck is in CEs.

Relatedly can I say that dumping hundreds of minor CE cards onto an essence that's 60+ feels like some sort of Sisyphus nonsense?

SpaceDrake posted:

Generally the idea is to slap it on your support or someone you want to bulk up a bit - it's a pure +HP essence statwise, and you want that person sticking around for continued passive stargen. So stick it on Waver, on Tamamo, on Mash once she gets good around Camelot, on Hans, etc.
New friend waver it is then.

SpaceDrake posted:

Hang on to it and begin working on a second one! There are instances where you can run multiple LZOs as a strat. More options is never bad!

I'm a little afraid that this is exactly what will happen but thanks!

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

SpaceDrake posted:

My tentative plan was to put my two on Hans and George, with the third servant being an offensive powerhouse with either a star gather CE or skill. George keeps the heat off of Hans, Hans buffs/heals, and the third rains damage on whomever else.

UchihaHirou
Mar 8, 2007

Active Skill:
Solves all problems.
I made the mistake of going for NP2 Scathach and was saved by my stupidity by getting a second copy in 230 SQ. Hail Shishou!

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

A good two days. I do wish her banner had dropped just a bit sooner, because I took her into the archer 40AP just to see how she'd do and it was beautiful watching my most difficult class to deal with go to completely trivial :allears:

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
I don't even know who Olga Marie is anymore. Some lackey of best boy Romani who got thrown into the sun??? Oh well. I'm seconding not looking up Primate Murder. It spoils one of the best twists in the story and I wish I hadn't done so.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

Gologle posted:

I'm seconding not looking up Primate Murder. It spoils one of the best twists in the story and I wish I hadn't done so.

Sorry about that, I should've included a spoiler warning when I name dropped him, but I was tired and wasn't thinking straight. My bad. :smith:

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
No no, I looked it up way before, when I was first looking up F/GO stuff to see if it was worth getting back into Type-Moon ridiculous nonsense.

Thundersword238
Oct 15, 2012

While Shishou didn't show up for me in NA, I managed to get King Hassan in JP off of one summoning ticket.

Just goes to show you that husbandos will always be there for you after your waifus refuse your call.

Raften
May 20, 2007
Cognates! They stay crunchy, even in milk!

Tired Moritz posted:

Did they update the translation? Also did they make it so it doesn't automatically go to the start screen because that's kinda a weird thing to do

I'm not sure why they changed the start screen the way they did, but it seems to have fixed my problem with launching the game. I used to have to go back to the home screen on my phone and go back into the game before moving past the start screen in order for the news popup to not crash my game immediately.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
Having played the trial quest now, after finishing all I wanted to do with GUDAGUDA, the folks at DW have a really strange idea about what ancient Scottish people were like.

RuanGacho
Jun 20, 2002

"You're gunna break it!"

Gologle posted:

Having played the trial quest now, after finishing all I wanted to do with GUDAGUDA, the folks at DW have a really strange idea about what ancient Scottish people were like.

YEAH

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Gologle posted:

YEAH!!

But, see also: everything else.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Gologle posted:

Cu, Fergus, Shishou, and Diarmuid are all from Irish mythology. The Scottish have their own heroes and stuff and its a shame we don't have any in FGO.

At least we have plenty of heroes from a certain Welsh mythos. :v:

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy

Nate RFB posted:

My tentative plan was to put my two on Hans and George, with the third servant being an offensive powerhouse with either a star gather CE or skill. George keeps the heat off of Hans, Hans buffs/heals, and the third rains damage on whomever else.

George has very high star gather, even if the third has star gather CE/skill George is probably gonna end up taking some of them.

Gologle posted:

While there are Ulster Scots, most people from Ulster are Irish and Cu and his ilk are Irish mythology.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Would appreciate it if people don't remove their poster girl Cus.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

scathach is Scottish, but she's still from Irish myth. She's from the Isle of Skye.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Gramps came home for Thanksgiving afterall. :unsmith:

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

*Insert Sailor Jupiter joke here*
So after rolling dupe Okita I had enough quartz to try my hand at the Scathach banner...

Needless to say the first roll wasnt filling me with much hope. After this crap I went and finished Okeanos and a few random interludes to get my quartz back up to 30.

It looked shaky at first with a ton of drat CEs at start, but

Out of loving nowhere, no rainbow sparkles, no silver sparking to gold, just suddenly there she is. :syoon:

The rest wasn't as interesting, I got Fergus at least so i'm still caught up on 3* servants not named Caster Gilles, no 2030 is sad though.

Still only 60 quartz on this banner and I did it before it switched over to Gil.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Gologle posted:

https://twitter.com/Varewulf/status/933794666310438913

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
That's so hot. I made the right call getting her to NP2. A loud, demanding Scottish woman trying to train me into the ultimate warrior is exactly what my Regular rear end Dude character needs.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

*Insert Sailor Jupiter joke here*
Celts arent scottish entirely?
I thought Cu and Scath were more Irish in origin.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

RMZXAnarchy posted:

Celts arent scottish entirely?
I thought Cu and Scath were more Irish in origin.

They're from Irish myth but as Endorph mentioned Scathach herself is Scottish. Cu is more legitimately Irish, though his father was a god so it's hard to say what his exact demographic status is.

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice
Bought a bit more quartz to do two more ten rolls. Got Medea Lily Np2, plus a Lancer card that went from Silver to Shisou. Total Quartz used: ~180.

Going to need so much xp between her and Vlad, plus all the servants I just finished ascending.

Randomzx
Jul 26, 2007

Nate RFB posted:

Sorry to keep harping on this, but I just want to make sure I understand what you are referring to and whether it actually differs from what I am getting at. CE leveling is a mess in this game so at the very least it pays to know the pros and cons of dealing with it. Again not necessarily disagreeing, just want to get clarification/confirmation:

-You prefer to take a given 1* of whatever level and always throw it into a level one 1* of whatever type (though using the same kind means you can LB the result which is ideal) to take advantage of the bonus XP incurred.
-In doing this, you never ever use 2*-4* until I guess the 1* hits its maximum level of 50?

If so, my problem with the first part is this: by doing this and ignoring the 2-4*, they will accumulate in your CE box to an unmanageable level. You will also need more fusion steps to reach 2,000,000 (not to mention years and years if you are only using 1* as material) which is going to be QP heavy. While the bonus XP in this process is nice and likely going to save you several 1* cards in the process, I would be surprised if 1% of the final 2,000,000 XP total was from bonus XP. It's just such a small fraction of the base XP inherit in the card.

I also don't care for using 2-4* as a base being fed XP because the amount of QP required goes up without actually benefiting the resulting total XP. Again, the only thing that matters is getting to 2,000,000 accumulated XP, the actual container doesn't matter. You could get there via only high level 1* being fed into lower level 1*, but it will take a long, long time. And in the end I am feeding higher level CEs into lower level ones (which will yield some bonus XP), just in fewer steps.

Did you completely miss the steps I've already outlined? I already talked about about doing one limit break, and specifically advised against doing additional limit break per leveling, I even talked about the LB levels to stop at for 2 and 3 stars. The point is to efficient collect enough max level CEs to eventually feed into Max Limit break CEs to continue the leveling process.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Randomzx posted:

The point is to efficient collect enough max level CEs to eventually feed into Max Limit break CEs to continue the leveling process.
We are in agreement on this, which was the only thing I was trying to suss out.

I still largely think the bonus XP aspect of the process is largely irrelevant but as long as you get those "max level CE" bombs it doesn't matter how you got there.