Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dooguk
Oct 11, 2016

Pillbug

Colostomy Bag posted:

Sweet potato pie is pretty good as well. In fact I actually prefer it over pumpkin by a slight margin.

I do like sweet potatoes, but have never had them in a pie. Wrong side of the Atlantic I suppose.

Starts food bucket list as I am quite old.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dooguk
Oct 11, 2016

Pillbug

CTD just as I started watching. LOL

Redundant
Sep 24, 2011

Even robots have feelings!

Dooguk posted:

I do like sweet potatoes, but have never had them in a pie. Wrong side of the Atlantic I suppose.

Starts food bucket list as I am quite old.
Finding a pie is tough in the UK but making them isn't that traumatic and the ingredients are pretty cheap and easy to find. It took me a few hours but I aren't very good at baking.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Watching BadNewsBaron attempt to play this broken mess has been thoroughly entertaining.

I'm also randomly playing Sausage Samba side-by-side with his stream. They fit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=clLqaaGJJZ8

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy
I just downloaded Starbound from one of the Humble Bundles I bought recently. I'm thirty seconds into the game, and I just used a toilet. This pixelated indie game has already delivered on promises that the Crobster couldn't deliver with a bajillion dollars in funding. I guess I can just keep playing this, and stop waiting for Start Citizen to come out, right?

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Veni Vidi Ameche! posted:

I just downloaded Starbound from one of the Humble Bundles I bought recently. I'm thirty seconds into the game, and I just used a toilet. This pixelated indie game has already delivered on promises that the Crobster couldn't deliver with a bajillion dollars in funding. I guess I can just keep playing this, and stop waiting for Start Citizen to come out, right?
I think it also has procgen worlds and it's crowd-funded AND was a massive disappointment!

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Dooguk posted:

My god this is bad. Whenever I watch SC streamed I always think my internet connection is going to hell then realize what I'm watching.

edit: random NPC sitting in middle of hallway with no chair underneath him.

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer
https://clips.twitch.tv/ShakingSassyKuduNotATK

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

Dooguk posted:

In the first 12 seconds I watched he was forced into an immersion ladder animation he didn't want that was in mid air then clipped out of his ship and said 'no, god dammit, no no no' a bunch of times

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

These tiny dinosaurs are completely delightful. "Hey, guys, let's spin! Yeahhhh!"

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Thoatse posted:

In the first 12 seconds I watched he was forced into an immersion ladder animation he didn't want that was in mid air then clipped out of his ship and said 'no, god dammit, no no no' a bunch of times

It's really good

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

IcarusUpHigh
Dec 20, 2016

One thing this game has got that's better than ANY other game right now, is the music.

Pedro Camacho has supplied the most fantastic soundtrack, it's just such a loving pity it's been wasted on this game.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

IcarusUpHigh posted:

One thing this game has got that's better than ANY other game right now, is the music.

Pedro Camacho has supplied the most fantastic soundtrack, it's just such a loving pity it's been wasted on this game.

I forgot who it was that tweeted him as the Stimperor and Pedro thanked him back.

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

SCtrumpHaters posted:

But seriously, cut the bullshit. They've delivered. Late. But they delivered.

If shoving out a 90% stripped down , bug riddled, and broken mess with STILL no gameplay or female characters is what you call delivered. Then I suggest you polish up your credit card and get yourself ready for a jpeg spending spree.

Viscous Soda
Apr 24, 2004

Farmin'
G

Dooguk
Oct 11, 2016

Pillbug

Viscous Soda posted:

Farmin'
G

Oooo Arghhhh!

Nyan Bread
Mar 17, 2006

Veni Vidi Ameche! posted:

And I've been building 'self land' hangars out of loving space legos in space engineers, and I'm not even a 3d modeler for CIG

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?
There's no release number that CIG can't achieve as long as they continue their current plan of failing to make any meaningful progress, removing any and all failed features, and just upping the patch counter based not on internal progress, nor on meaningful milestone achievements, but rather on maintaining the illusion among the lower intellectual class that they're actually making a game.

Higher numbers mean the game is happening, even if 6 years of accumulated evidence indicates the exact opposite. The patch number went up! The game is real!

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Viscous Soda posted:

Farmin'
G

My explo ratio n is huge!

Jobbo_Fett fucked around with this message at 20:49 on Nov 23, 2017

Viscous Soda
Apr 24, 2004

Could someone who knows how to clip twitch streams clip BadNewsBaron trying to land. This is hilarious.

Edit: "Lemme try killing myself. No... suicide doesn't work" Lol.

Goredema
Oct 16, 2013

RUIN EVERYTHING

Fun Shoe

IcarusUpHigh posted:

In 2022, Star Citizen will be in a "Failed Kickstarter" Humble Bundle, with the soundtrack as a free bonus, and customers will be asking to buy the soundtrack without the game included.

"But you don't have to activate the Star Citizen game code..."

"Nah, you take it back. I don't want it listed in my library of available games."

"But you can listen to the soundtrack without playing the game!"

"Nah, it's my money. Kill Jester."

Sharik posted:

And I've been building 'self land' hangars out of loving space legos in space engineers, and I'm not even a 3d modeler for CIG

Would you like to be? Apply now, and you could be CIG Lead Structural Designer within a few months!

Dooguk
Oct 11, 2016

Pillbug

Viscous Soda posted:

Farmin'
G

I got a brand new Vanduul harvester.

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

G0RF posted:

This will never not make me laugh.

It’s one of the early sketch comedies CIG created during the post Wingman early ATV era, usually as a lead-in for a short-lived series “Sandi Goes To Flight School”.

It was a botched attempt to make Sandi appear more likeable in “she’s a gamergirl!” kind of way. But Sandi’s visible unease with both acting and Star Citizen itself was simply unmistakable. It was bad enough even CIG realized they were pushing their luck, as only goons looked forward to the next installment. So they phased it out without comment and slowly started dialing her persona back to something more natural to her — disinterested news reader patronizing a viewership she’ll be happy to kick to the curb as soon as she gets her big Hollywood break and becomes relevant to a demographic with greater social currency.

Any day now.

I’m assuming it’s too late to make a sale prediction but if it’s not put me in for $6M because “You gotta believe!”

I stand with Sandi

El Grillo
Jan 3, 2008
Fun Shoe
So when does their sale start? I'm genuinely surprised they released this mess, I really thought they'd try and get it into some kind of playable shape first this time.

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

Dream Factory
Grimey Drawer
https://clips.twitch.tv/SaltyOriginalCougarWholeWheat

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

El Grillo posted:

I really thought they'd try and get it into some kind of playable shape first this time.
Why start now?

BluesShaman
Apr 25, 2016

She wore Blue Velvet.

:piss:

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

El Grillo posted:

So when does their sale start? I'm genuinely surprised they released this mess, I really thought they'd try and get it into some kind of playable shape first this time.

Tomorrow.

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

Sharik posted:

It turns out Starbound is just Minecraft :( Maybe I should try this Space Engineers of which you speak.

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

Abuminable
Mar 30, 2017

Now, aside from the Abuminable, business goes on as usual.

El Grillo posted:

In their financial panic, they decided to poo poo out 3.ohfuck to the PTU in hopes to generate a news uptick. They saw more upside in releasing a broken pile of rhinoceros crapcake now than leaving the backers hanging and waiting until December or January to release when the game would be a staggering 0.007% less craptacular.

UNCUT PHILISTINE
Jul 27, 2006

I was watching this a bit earlier, it's gold.

NPC's running in place and suddenly disappearing, NPC's sitting on nothing, player falling off the ladder into the void, unable to enter a ship, unable to start a ship,... That was watching for about 5 minutes

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

Dream Factory
Grimey Drawer
https://clips.twitch.tv/IgnorantTastyRaccoonKAPOW

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

We have already calculated (using the number of limited ships sold) that they have around 2000-4000 whales so, for once, it seems like those view numbers should be correct.

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help
Clearly polishing for months is showing results.

And here is a ship jpeg you could purchase now.

Exinos
Mar 1, 2009

OSHA approved squiq
Maybe CIG had to poo poo out 3.0 as part of their deal with Intel. That new ship is in game and the promo materials with the overpriced SSD made it sound like you could play immediately.

Abuminable
Mar 30, 2017

Now, aside from the Abuminable, business goes on as usual.

Exinos posted:

Maybe CIG had to poo poo out 3.0 as part of their deal with Intel. That new ship is in game and the promo materials with the overpriced SSD made it sound like you could play immediately.

Baloney. This game is crowdfunded and doesn't cower to corporate overloads.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
So did this save Star Citizen?