Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dairy Days
Dec 26, 2007

im glad hitler finally got what was coming to him for creating the stasi and killing anti communist dissidents

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

Dairy Days posted:

im glad hitler finally got what was coming to him for creating the stasi and killing anti communist dissidents

he was no angel

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Hi I'm a genocide expert and I write for the Independent Jeremy Corbyn did the Holocaust single handedly if you disagree you are an abuser

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/hopenothate/status/933661199027318784

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

breitbart...with nazis??? nah i need more proof here, this is too shocking

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

"expert on islamic extremism"

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

Baloogan posted:

gbs is super strict about grammar and spelling and punctuation

you 8 general bullshit, u 8 even corporal bullshit you dumb cuck private!!!!!

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We

haha so that’s where the EU 40bil is coming from

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We

Heavy_D posted:

reminder for those who've never seen the graphs before

the office with the predictive power of Limmy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LOft-byDXVM

lol and the quants that work there probably get paid close to six figgies

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

its genuinely weird that our pedo-isles seem to have the only good leftist politician at the moment, even if he's not that left wing

are there any other countries with growing left wing parties like Labour?

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We

nopantsjack posted:

its genuinely weird that our pedo-isles seem to have the only good leftist politician at the moment, even if he's not that left wing

new zealand

lots of places that don’t speak english i’m p sure

UrbicaMortis
Feb 16, 2012

Hmm, how shall I post today?

nopantsjack posted:

Spain has Podemos, although I think they underperformed expectations last election. Portugal has a left-wing coalition government. Labour is somewhat unique in being a mainstream European left-wing party that is doing well. Most of its sister parties on the continent are struggling because they don't have FPTP, so lots of new left parties have sprung up and eaten half their base.

UrbicaMortis has issued a correction as of 19:09 on Nov 23, 2017

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
Also their moderate right opponents are significant less awful that the Conservatives

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.

Bulgogi Hoagie posted:

new zealand

not really tbh

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

i'd forgotten about Podemos, good to know when after all this we just vote for the tories again the spark of hope doesn't go out

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Bulgogi Hoagie posted:

new zealand

Lol at the idea anyone involved in NZ politics right now is left wing

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

do they have homeless people on avalon?

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

BONGHITZ posted:

do they have homeless people on avalon?
Yes. It steeply declined under the last Labour goverment and was pretty much down to being a phenomenon exclusively for PTSD'd war veterans with substance abuse problems (which was def sad but getting to the level of a handful of people borderline past help) and now is on the rise again due to private evictions. It is sad.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

this is what some people believe

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

This is on the order of 'EXCLUSIVE: It rained yesterday while I was out walking my dog on the commons and it turns out when it rains you get wet'

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We
https://twitter.com/j_bloodworth/status/933312327780364288

this dude works for corbyn apparently lol

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

They must really be running out of ammo if the best they can do is misrepresenting articles from 16 years ago lol

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

Looking professional when committing genocide is essential. This is mostly achieved by using a beret.

Olive drab colour ensures the genocider will remain hidden from his prey until it's too late for them to do anything.

has anyone asked that crazy lady to condemn churchill for genociding bengalese people yet

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.

Crane Fist posted:

Lol at the idea anyone involved in NZ politics right now is left wing

golriz definitely is, she praised kieth locke and catherine delahunty (the 2 green communists) in her maiden speech

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Irony Be My Shield posted:

They must really be running out of ammo if the best they can do is misrepresenting articles from 16 years ago lol
Its like the far-right equivalent of every single time an American liberal thought "Trump is definitely going to get impeached now!" after a nothing tweet or news story. Nobody is going to have their vote for Corbyn swayed by a 16 year old article by Milne about a subject that is completely alien to their everyday situation. The only people who care about this are people who are already convinced that Corbyn is secretly a terrorist.

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

exmarx posted:

golriz definitely is, she praised kieth locke and catherine delahunty (the 2 green communists) in her maiden speech

Can't believe I forgot about my future wife Golriz

Left wing voices just don't seem to carry much weight when you're an immigrant living in a country that just voted in a fascist is all

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

Some people think NATO are the bad guys.

Sort of like germans who aren't big fans of America.

Peel
Dec 3, 2007

the sensible centrist Decent foreign policy is to give direct material assistance to saudi slaughterhouse operators

whether it's a misrepresentation or not, the moral bar is already buried in a mass grave

Peel has issued a correction as of 02:42 on Nov 24, 2017

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Every time they attempt to bring up something from that time period it just reminds me that Corbyn was very vocally against the Iraq war that most of his colleagues supported.

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

it would be disturbing if a milosevic apologist were to gain a position of influence over the foreign policy of a major power but fortunately after the tories are done Britain wont be one of those any more

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
How goes Brexit?

Oh....

http://money.cnn.com/2017/11/22/news/economy/uk-france-biggest-economies-in-the-world/index.html

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We
lol folks if you haven’t watched this bbc student loan scam artists documentary you missed out. a bunch of pakistani businessmen set up their own college and college-level educational authority in london which meant they could grift the poo poo out of the student loans company, help folks who needed money and didn’t actually want to study get the loans, and take a nice slice off of every transaction. the name of
the college? Grifton

it’s eastern european as gently caress

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-41966571

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

https://twitter.com/BorisJohnson/status/933818286353080321

:thunk:

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer
He's right, for once, although probably not even a tiny bit influential.

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

UrbicaMortis posted:

Spain has Podemos, although I think they underperformed expectations last election. Portugal has a left-wing coalition government. Labour is somewhat unique in being a mainstream European left-wing party that is doing well. Most of its sister parties on the continent are struggling because they don't have FPTP, so lots of new left parties have sprung up and eaten half their base.

That's because Labour are unique in actually making the switch to actual left wing politics, thanks to the staggering short-sightedness of the Blairites in adopting One Man One Vote for leadership elections. Pretty much every other centre-left party in Europe (SPD, PASOK, PS etc.) are clinging to lovely neoliberalism and dying one election at a time.

The parties that are growing are new ones cropping up to fill in the gap left by the mainstream left wing parties lurching ever rightward. But the big centre-left parties still command a big chunk of the vote, meaning the left wing vote gets split. It's weird to feel more optimistic about Britain's political future than everywhere else (a LOT more optimistic if it wasn't for Brexit).

Gorn Myson posted:

Its like the far-right equivalent of every single time an American liberal thought "Trump is definitely going to get impeached now!" after a nothing tweet or news story. Nobody is going to have their vote for Corbyn swayed by a 16 year old article by Milne about a subject that is completely alien to their everyday situation. The only people who care about this are people who are already convinced that Corbyn is secretly a terrorist.

The Tories before the general election leaked a memo saying they were concerned that they had used all their dirt on Corbyn already, and he had no more skeletons in the closet to use to scare people off that people didn't already know.

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

MikeCrotch posted:

That's because Labour are unique in actually making the switch to actual left wing politics
PS went further left than Labour and died, rip.

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer
Hamon's manifesto was legit good at it is a shame it was stranged in the crib by being associated with the party of Macron + Hollande.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
instead we have La Méluche

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

Kurtofan posted:

instead we have La Méluche
Has he made many more insane statements since the one about france being neither western nor european due to its location on every continent on the earth?