Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Human Grand Prix posted:

There are whispers of a Sauber-Alfa tie up. Apparently Ericcson’s seat is no longer completely safe. In addition this likely spells the end of Wehrlein’s time in F1 for now.

Ericsson's seat is not safe because, and strap in for this hot take, he is a garbage driver who brings gently caress all money in relative terms.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Ericsson is the F1 equivalent of not liking mac and cheese.

Cactrot
Jan 11, 2001

Go Go Cactus Galactus

Theophany posted:

Ericsson's seat is not safe because, and strap in for this hot take, he is a garbage driver who brings gently caress all money in relative terms.

It would be different take if he was a garbage driver whose family invested $80 million for his seat, I imagine.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

wicka posted:

Ericsson is the F1 equivalent of not liking mac and cheese.

Marcunt Erection is trash.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Cactrot posted:

It would be different take if he was a garbage driver whose family invested $80 million for his seat, I imagine.

Stroll good, so what.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
Lance Stroll is like a HIM album, you get all the old fashioned sensibilities of a Neil Diamond album but with a bit more of a modern edge that you can really get behind.

Lance Stroll is really loving good is what I'm trying to say.

Lance Stroll is a future WDC and I'm gonna be (even more) insufferable when he does win and I lord it over you loveable assholes.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
Meanwhile, Pascal Wehrlein's career goes the way of the ARA San Juan lmao

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
He's bad

Cactrot
Jan 11, 2001

Go Go Cactus Galactus

Theophany posted:

Stroll good, so what.

Stroll is in fact, bad.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Cactrot posted:

Stroll is in fact, bad.

His driving is poor.

Cactrot
Jan 11, 2001

Go Go Cactus Galactus

Feels Villeneuve posted:

His driving is poor.

He is lacking in many qualities that would make him a good driver.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Stroll was the second youngest driver to ever podium, only 11 days older than future F1 legend Max Verstappen.

Nearly 3 years younger than noted frauds Sebastian Vettel, Daniil Kvyat, and Fernando Alonso.

Even if he fucks around for 3 years on these poo poo tier teams waiting for his shot, he's still well ahead of the game.

He still has 4 years to take Youngest WDC from Vettel. A lot can happen in 4 years. Only 4 years ago, Fernando Alonso was winning races in a Ferrari.

Cactrot
Jan 11, 2001

Go Go Cactus Galactus

Powershift posted:

Stroll was the second youngest driver to ever podium, only 11 days older than future F1 legend Max Verstappen.

Nearly 3 years younger than noted frauds Sebastian Vettel, Daniil Kvyat, and Fernando Alonso.

Even if he fucks around for 3 years on these poo poo tier teams waiting for his shot, he's still well ahead of the game.

He still has 4 years to take Youngest WDC from Vettel. A lot can happen in 4 years. Only 4 years ago, Fernando Alonso was winning races in a Ferrari.

In order to win a WDC he will have to be faster than good drivers, which will be difficult for noted bad driver Lance Stroll.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Theophany posted:

Lance Stroll is like a HIM album, you get all the old fashioned sensibilities of a Neil Diamond album but with a bit more of a modern edge that you can really get behind.

Lance Stroll is really loving good is what I'm trying to say.

Lance Stroll is a future WDC and I'm gonna be (even more) insufferable when he does win and I lord it over you loveable assholes.

I really like Albert Hammond and Lance Stroll loving sucks.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Theophany posted:

Stroll good, so what.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Lance Stroll is bad.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I think it’s safe to say that Canada’s contributions to F1, driver wise, have been pretty poor.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Lance Stroll is bad.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Lance Stroll is bad.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
Lot of understatement going on these last few posts

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Human Grand Prix posted:

I think it’s safe to say that Canada’s contributions to F1, driver wise, have been pretty poor.

RIP Bertrand Fabi

mrfart
May 26, 2004

Dear diary, today I
became a captain.

Norns posted:

Actually things turned out all right in NASCAR this year

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

wicka posted:

Macaroni and tees

This is from pages ago but is too good to not quote

Norns, how was the wait to get a table at the French Laundry? Planned in advance I assume

wicka posted:

The macaroni and cheese of racing drivers.

This is also good.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Human Grand Prix posted:

For a country of only 30 million people with barely any race tracks, and basically no racing heritage, i would say 1 with more on the way is acceptable.

Remember Germany didn't get one until schumacher. France didn't get one till Prost. Spain didn't get one until Alonso. Netherlands? still nothing.

Germany has nothing on the horizon. France? ocon? please. Gasly? hah! Grosjean? not a loving chance. Spain might have something with sainz, maybe.

For the foreseeable future, once all 4 drivers on the top teams age out in a year or two, it's going to be Canada and The Netherlands neck and neck, head to head.

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

Powershift posted:

Remember Germany didn't get one until schumacher. France didn't get one till Prost. Spain didn't get one until Alonso. Netherlands? still nothing.

Germany has nothing on the horizon. France? ocon? please. Gasly? hah! Grosjean? not a loving chance. Spain might have something with sainz, maybe.

For the foreseeable future, once all 4 drivers on the top teams age out in a year or two, it's going to be Canada and The Netherlands neck and neck, head to head.

Historically Australia's done significantly better than Canada and the tradition of racing here is definitely not European (don't get me wrong though, it probably actually exists unlike Canada).

Ocon, Verstappen, Gasly and Charles Leclerc are probably the future of F1 but it's hard to genuinely see Stroll washing out of F1 in the next 5 years and who knows maybe he did jump into a seat too early and maybe he does have more room to grow into being an F1 driver.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

Schlesische posted:

Historically Australia's done significantly better than Canada and the tradition of racing here is definitely not European (don't get me wrong though, it probably actually exists unlike Canada).

Ocon, Verstappen, Gasly and Charles Leclerc are probably the future of F1 but it's hard to genuinely see Stroll washing out of F1 in the next 5 years and who knows maybe he did jump into a seat too early and maybe he does have more room to grow into being an F1 driver.

Stroll has the money to stick around until he gets good. He won't wash out and disappear after a bad year or two.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Schlesische posted:

At 18 years old he put a 10th place car on the podium and on the front row of the grid, I mean, just his progression from race 1 to race 19 this season. Imagine 40 more monumental leaps like that before his 21st birthday.

His dad has one of the largest Ferrari collections in the world. He'd sell his daughter if the Scud hinted that the seat could open up for are Lance.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

Powershift posted:

He'd sell his daughter if the Scud hinted that the seat could open up for are Lance.

A bold strategy, but it wouldn't net him any money as the highest bidder would be his son.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

GramCracker posted:

This is from pages ago but is too good to not quote

Norns, how was the wait to get a table at the French Laundry? Planned in advance I assume

This is also good.

It took 3 years to get a two person table

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

ilmucche posted:

A bold strategy, but it wouldn't net him any money as the highest bidder would be his son.

Hard to say, have you seen this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=97jfl21c4Ek

I'd pitch in :10bux: for this to never happen again.

Halo14
Sep 11, 2001
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iBy6XRHPODQ

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

I’m eating mac and cheese.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

wicka posted:

Same

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

wicka posted:

I'm getting wings tonight but gonna see if they have mac'n'cheese on the side.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Tonight is the holiest night of the week.

It's burg night.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

1500quidporsche posted:

Tonight is the holiest night of the week.

It's burg night.

Burglarizing private dump sites for tires?

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Powershift posted:

For a country of only 30 million people with barely any race tracks, and basically no racing heritage, i would say 1 with more on the way is acceptable.

We have a strong racing heritage. It's just that we've only produced 1 truly great F1 driver.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

I want mac and cheese but I'm at work

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

It’s good as hell

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Gilles Villeneuve would have been a champion. Perhaps a multiple one.

• Locked thread