Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
the alternate youtube stream is working fine but its like half an hour behind. the description says it'll catch up though as they aren't doing the commercial breaks on it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I'm going to be heading out to dinner with the wife's family soon, but it doesn't look like they're going to announce season 12. Still, it was nice that Joel, Jonah and Felicia got together and put in a few intros for the marathon, and I'm glad they did a commercial for Rifftrax. :)

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Bicyclops posted:

I'm going to be heading out to dinner with the wife's family soon, but it doesn't look like they're going to announce season 12. Still, it was nice that Joel, Jonah and Felicia got together and put in a few intros for the marathon, and I'm glad they did a commercial for Rifftrax. :)

They're great. We'll learn about season 12 sooner than later.

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

"Feel some malaise, sucker!" is one of my favorite riffs. Jimmy Carter: Action Hero!

Command Ant
Aug 9, 2010

I can make you
worth your weight
in gold!
Do you have to go to school to learn how to act like that?

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Ugh now YouTube is out of sync. Is there a stream anywhere that isn’t fubar right now?

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Ballz posted:

Ugh now YouTube is out of sync. Is there a stream anywhere that isn’t fubar right now?

It may be the media file they're streaming that's off. We'll find out when they cut back to Joel, Jonah and Felicia. If *they're* out of sync, then they're loving up the streaming.

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

Is the alternate YouTube stream skipping for anyone else or is my roku box making GBS threads out?

Hijinks Ensue
Jul 24, 2007
The alternate YouTube stream had a brief hiccup during the opening theme but is much better overall.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Megaweapon, no!

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
What did he do wrong!?

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib

Burkion posted:

What the gently caress Joel is buff

Swole Hodgson

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Patty Jean Ruggero, wasn't that who the Fonz went out with?

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
Raul, you come back here and be in this bad movie!

mangler103
Jun 6, 2003

Metroid sighting huh? Well, I did just pour this coffee...it will still be there tomorrow.
I feel like Overdrawn at the Memory Bank, were it remade today with just a light rewrite, and removal of all of the animal stock footage, could be a pretty solid movie.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

mangler103 posted:

I feel like Overdrawn at the Memory Bank, were it remade today with just a light rewrite, and removal of all of the animal stock footage, could be a pretty solid movie.

I want to say the same about Parts! The Clonus Horror

But the Island proved me wrong

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Ortega manning the phones!

mangler103
Jun 6, 2003

Metroid sighting huh? Well, I did just pour this coffee...it will still be there tomorrow.
Oh poo poo! This has "Loving Lovers Love"!

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib
It’s a Raulbix Cube.

mangler103
Jun 6, 2003

Burkion posted:

I want to say the same about Parts! The Clonus Horror

But the Island proved me wrong

If Michael Bay is involved in the Overdrawn remake, I'm taking that prediction back.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
I love the "Oh, right." rejoinder to "My name is Apollonia Jane."

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

This must have been a "I need a second home" gig for Raul Julia.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

Proteus Jones posted:

It's PBS so I imagine it was more "Hey, it's for public television, I'm sure it'll be cool and artistic..."

mangler103
Jun 6, 2003

Proteus Jones posted:

What about this film makes you think there was money involved in anything? This is definitely an "Think of the exposure" gig.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

mangler103 posted:

What about this film makes you think there was money involved in anything? This is definitely an "Think of the exposure" gig.

come
as you are
to my mall
to my attrium
yeah, yeah

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
Whoa, huge slam on anteaters out of NOWHERE!

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
I love Tom getting pissed at the future lingo. "He opened the Syntho Flavo Door!"

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

Pearl and Brain Guy singing about love is even more fun when you read the tweets about his family seeing it and asking WTF

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

I'm gonna score with me tonight!

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Street Fighter hadn't been recognized as Raul Julia's finest moment when this episode was made.

HannibalBarca
Sep 11, 2016

History shows, again and again, how nature points out the folly of man.
Due to my inebriation, I have lost control of the family TV stream. Pray for me.

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

Don’t have decent internet to stream, but I’ve been playing the DVDs while family is visiting. Watched Squirm, The Magic Sword, and The Brain that wouldn’t Die so far.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light
Neither live stream is working for me.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer

Mister Kingdom posted:

Neither live stream is working for me.

Twitch is fine for me.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

I’m just watching the episode from Hulu at this point. :niggly:

Keromaru5
Dec 28, 2012

Pictured: The Wolf Of Gubbio (probably)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

mangler103 posted:

It was a halfway decent short story. I read it once in a Best SF of 1970-something collection. All I really remember right now is that there's no Fatman and no Casablanca stuff.

Apparently the same PBS station that made this also did an adaptation of The Lathe of Heaven that I've heard is fairly well-regarded.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

Keromaru5 posted:

It was a halfway decent short story. I read it once in a Best SF of 1970-something collection. All I really remember right now is that there's no Fatman and no Casablanca stuff.

It was from John Varley. He should not be judged by this adaptation.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
Yeah the Lathe of Heaven TV Movie is pretty drat good.

It's just here, they were trying to expand a short story to a feature and... things got out of hand.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
Yeah, let's try that! Yeah!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Keromaru5
Dec 28, 2012

Pictured: The Wolf Of Gubbio (probably)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
My dad just told me he has the Lathe of Heaven adaptation and can let me borrow it. Score!