Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

genuinely want a dev to detail how godawful this game was to build for that it took over a year from their "expected" release for omega items/difficulty to even peak out

though the most likely answer is "they fired everyone who actually knew how to do things and were left with asros going on twitter and vehemently defending the implementation of loot crates"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Soothing Vapors posted:

hot take, edgelord

This the Marvel Heroes thread, not PYF JRPG Protagonist Names.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
I missed this

Grinning Goblin
Oct 11, 2004

We literally just verbally abuse each other all day in the discord. If you truly missed this you would have been in there having DP talk poo poo to you all day. For gently caress's sake, even ICR figured this out before you did.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Let this thread live forever. Welcome to The Shade Room

Marvel Heroes: David Bowie and Prince Had a Child in Helleaven

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
!emma

Lux Aeterna
Feb 19, 2005

Marvel Heroes: Pedophile manages to gently caress 4 year old and 6 month old simultaneously

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

O'er the sea from the north
there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow

Giedroyc
Feb 18, 2001

Can't post for 2,400,000 hours!
It's the last day so davebo is paying his final respects to his beloved... oh hang on

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Gonna shill this one time (apologies if you don’t care) but there’s a boat load of us playing Density 2 for the PC. Fun community, game’s still fun and will only get better as Mr Bungie understands how to improve.

Reason I shill it today is it’s $30!!!!!!!!!!

Go to Green Man Gaming for it. Go to Blizzard Store for digital code. Come play with us. PM me, ask questions...you know I’m biased as I love the series. We will all have fun.

And RIP MH. We all gotta stick together with other games.

Ashye
Jul 29, 2013

drat, just saw first the news of it closing, then the Immediate closing news.

RIP Marvel Heroes, for all the fun and laughs you gave with idiots yellowmanning dumb characters.

And gently caress Modok that big headed piece of garbage.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Ashye posted:

drat, just saw first the news of it closing, then the Immediate closing news.

RIP Marvel Heroes, for all the fun and laughs you gave with idiots yellowmanning dumb characters.

And gently caress Modok that big headed piece of garbage.

Ashye you were one of my favorites. Had me laughing a lot. Just stay connected with us.

Please respect modok this game would be alive today if they would have released him as playable. And you know it.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Gonna miss that gal.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

vuorikissa posted:

If you do, I can save you some time: the VOs are in SFX_InitialDownloadChunk_INT.pck and you want to use Wwise Unpacker.
I've done it before, but thanks! Upon checking the download size again I've decided not to bother though. Can't even be sure it'd finish before Steam removes the game, as I assume will be the case. :rip:

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

Gonna shill this one time (apologies if you don’t care) but there’s a boat load of us playing Density 2 for the PC. Fun community, game’s still fun and will only get better as Mr Bungie understands how to improve.

Reason I shill it today is it’s $30!!!!!!!!!!

Go to Green Man Gaming for it. Go to Blizzard Store for digital code. Come play with us. PM me, ask questions...you know I’m biased as I love the series. We will all have fun.

And RIP MH. We all gotta stick together with other games.
I lost the Discord link when I reinstalled, show that poo poo out there again.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Grinning Goblin posted:

We literally just verbally abuse each other all day in the discord. If you truly missed this you would have been in there having DP talk poo poo to you all day. For gently caress's sake, even ICR figured this out before you did.

Wait, there's a discord?

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Soothing Vapors posted:

Wait, there's a discord?

I’m not falling for this sv.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Pierson posted:

I lost the Discord link when I reinstalled, show that poo poo out there again.

It’s in the OP. First sentence.

https://discord.gg/PsGmH6b

Also linked too.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

I’m not falling for this sv.

:keke:

Pindakaas
Jul 8, 2003

I'm not a baby I'm a man! An Anchorman!
There should be loads more superhero rpg's considering the popularity of the genre. Where am I gonna get my superhero fix?

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Champions is still alive, inexplicably

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007
In the beginning...the universe was created. his has been widely regarded as a bad move and has made a lot of people very angry.
Today, I am thankful I got to play this awesome, dumb, gay, amazing game with you nerds.

Crazy 88s and the tournaments following were some of the most fun I have had and it was completely unique to us. It was so good in fact, Gaz tried to replicate it.

Happy Thanksgiving.

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

O'er the sea from the north
there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow
https://cheryldemo.carbonmade.com/projects/4951607

Hopefully Dink will find a new job that lets her render shirtless gambits.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Gotta be real. Dink is pretty talented. Mayhem seemed like he was pretty good. Doomie of course is the man.

Even Brevik when the game was thriving proved he was pretty good at handling this game. It seems like time and energy and some politics caught up with him though and it was when he left that we got to see this game was sinking. I think now, he could probably never do this again though for what seems like a variety of reasons.

Ryolnir did care a lot about this game and that’s always a plus. His leapfrog ascension to Creative Director was definitely out of whack though. He seemed like the right fit for him was his original role.

It’ll be interesting to look back on this and try to figure out what absolutely was the turning point for doom. Lack of manpower, having to follow the Disney protocols, listening to the wrong people and some mismanagement definitely adds up.

It’d be amazing to hear a tell-all one day. My immediate gut goes to stuff even higher than Gaz being the main factor of “what went wrong.” Who knows.

rhinohelix
Aug 19, 2007

Fun Shoe

Soothing Vapors posted:

A game that was awesome all throughout beta in a way most folks will never know, literally ruined by a patch on launch day.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

rhinohelix posted:

A game that was awesome all throughout beta in a way most folks will never know, literally ruined by a patch on launch day.
As we're on the subject of superhero games making GBS threads the bed already, do tell!

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Kainser posted:

https://cheryldemo.carbonmade.com/projects/4951607

Hopefully Dink will find a new job that lets her render shirtless gambits.

Man, I had almost forgotten how talented she is. RIP all those beautiful waifus :(

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

The true enemy of humanity is disorder.
Just stopping by to say RIP.

Oh, and post this:

Lechtansi
Mar 23, 2004

Item Get
There’s no way Dink will ever work on something like marvel ever again. The amount of poo poo she got for “it’s not like my favorite comic panel” even though marvel loving designed and approved everything was stunning. Like, even after years of telling the oforums jerks that they weren’t her designs they still relentlessly poo poo on the designs. Good riddance to that community

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
I still can't believe Dink managed to stick it out and not have a full blown breakdown.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Soothing Vapors posted:

If the "lootboxes are gambling" movement forces actual change on the industry, all of Cryptic's MMOs will suddenly vanish once their main source of income dries up.

NotALizardman
Jun 5, 2011

I AM THE MOON posted:

I dont htink bryce has a foot fetish or has had sex

think again fucker

TheTrend
Feb 4, 2005
I have a descriminating toe

I used to drink and one of the beer bars in dublin where Asros frequented. Thats my story. RIP this game.

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

The true enemy of humanity is disorder.

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007
In the beginning...the universe was created. his has been widely regarded as a bad move and has made a lot of people very angry.

TheTrend posted:

I used to drink and one of the beer bars in dublin where Asros frequented. Thats my story. RIP this game.

You live in the Bay?

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise
Marvel Heroes is dead, long live Marvel Heroes

TheTrend
Feb 4, 2005

FranktheBank posted:

You live in the Bay?

I do.

Mikemo Tyson
Apr 30, 2008
Spent a lot of time in Marvel Heroes with one of my favorite Goon guilds ever. I legitimately had a ton of fun with the game, one of my all time favorites in it's prime. Well, so long friendos!

TheTrend
Feb 4, 2005

im glad to see so many famous MH posters in the destiny discord. Reading this thread before I understood ICR's gimmick was one of the funniest things on the site after the posters in the MMA subforum. I'm glad this dumb game gave me a good thread to read with good dumb posters and Im sorry destiny 2 is poo poo and we should drop it for whatever better game comes out the second it does come out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Loten
Dec 8, 2005

Grinning Goblin posted:

They got rid of most of the passive size changing stuff with the BUE. Some things were grandfathered in like costume cores carrying the size stuff, but most of the stuff went away. No triple large or triple small stuff since BUE.

Also they were going to shut the PC servers down six months ago

Yeah I came back briefly for BUE. I think I cosmiced Starlord and started on Ironman before quitting for the second or third time.