Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

downthread, it looks like the moonpie dude plays moonbase alpha:

https://twitter.com/MoonPie/status/932824116452839424

Or knows john madden and turduckens from the normal association between the two

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

Olive! posted:

Is there one with this scene, but the photo is Hibbert

We need a Frinkiac for shitposts

om nom nom
Jul 23, 2011

om nom nom nom nom nom nom
Grimey Drawer

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

A_Account
Nov 29, 2016

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

We're on 309 but good luck being stuck in childhood...huehuehue.

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

Steamed Chalmers is certainly a new variation.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

I’ve always wondered what does VISA do if you mess up the tip and total lines on a receipt? Do they reconcile it regardless, or what?

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

DarthBlingBling posted:

So that's what a Moon Pie is. We call em Wagon Wheels in Britland

Having had both I can promise you they are not the same. Moon Pies are thicker and softer biscuit/cookie material also they have no jam filling just the marshmallow.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Blind Rasputin posted:

I’ve always wondered what does VISA do if you mess up the tip and total lines on a receipt? Do they reconcile it regardless, or what?

Typically, the total line is law.

You can't subtract tho

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

JesustheDarkLord posted:

Or knows john madden and turduckens from the normal association between the two

i'll grant you that, but that wouldn't give me a reason to post this video again, and where would that leave the meme thread?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hv6RbEOlqRo

coleman francis
Aug 8, 2007

Tap tap
The ketchup bottle
None will come
Then axolotl
Hair Elf

theflyingorc posted:

Typically, the total line is law.

You can't subtract tho

Its not subtracting if you are adding a negative

Male Tiers
Dec 27, 2012

Why don't you just lay down your weapons now?

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

Blind Rasputin posted:

As an official rule the "Total" line is the official final charge, but most restaurants will have an in-store policy where you assume the smaller amount and most servers will ignore that policy and take the larger amount.

And no, you cannot leave a negative tip or write something like "I only agree to pay for X" after your card was swiped.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Disappearing ink though, that works right?

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

https://twitter.com/DangerMcDagger/status/759471460566102016

MageMage
Feb 11, 2007

I SUCK AND LOVE TO YELL PERFORMATIVE HOT TAKES AND NONSENSE LIES WHEN I GET WORKED UP. SOMETIMES AUTOBANNED IS BETTER. MAYBE ONE DAY WHEN I STORM OFF I'LL ACTUALLY STOP SHITTING UP THE SITE FOR REAL

OK this is pretty funny

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

We needed this.

Zemyla
Aug 6, 2008

I'll take her off your hands. Pleasure doing business with you!

coleman francis posted:

Its not subtracting if you are adding a negative

That's literally what subtracting is.

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

Blind Rasputin posted:

We were always told, when bartending, that in the event of a miscalculation on the customer's part, that if possible, you ask them to clarify, and barring that, you use the "smaller" amount. ie: Bill is $20, they write in $5, but total it out as $27. In this instance, you get a $5 tip because that's the smaller value, as opposed to a $7 tip.

It's bullshit, because more often than not you can tell what the intended tip was, even if there are mistakes with the math. Not only that, but the most common mistakes were always the total line, not the tip line. I should be able to enter the tip as written, and not have to worry about some shitlord manager forcing me to take the smaller amount.

Male Tiers
Dec 27, 2012

beato
Nov 26, 2004

CHILLL OUT, DICK WAD.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Welcome to the life hack thread!

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.

Karate Bastard posted:

Welcome to the life hack thread!

Walla!

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Zipperelli. posted:

We were always told, when bartending, that in the event of a miscalculation on the customer's part, that if possible, you ask them to clarify, and barring that, you use the "smaller" amount. ie: Bill is $20, they write in $5, but total it out as $27. In this instance, you get a $5 tip because that's the smaller value, as opposed to a $7 tip.

It's bullshit, because more often than not you can tell what the intended tip was, even if there are mistakes with the math. Not only that, but the most common mistakes were always the total line, not the tip line. I should be able to enter the tip as written, and not have to worry about some shitlord manager forcing me to take the smaller amount.

i always make my tips round to an even number so i can just put 39- or whatever and it's easy to figure out what i meant even if I miscalculated

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Male Tiers
Dec 27, 2012

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

Zipperelli. posted:

In good faith, if someone has a $20 bill and writes $5 in the tip line but totals it to $27, you should probably take the fiver unless you’re sure they meant to leave a 35% tip. 5 on 20 is still good.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uGBie5pT9nw

Fantastic Flyer
Aug 9, 2017
Lifehacks are the stupidest poo poo

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️

Lofty request, my dude.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Dragonstoned
Jan 15, 2006

MR. DOG WITH BEES IN HIS MOUTH AND WHEN HE BARKS HE SHOOTS BEES AT YOU
by Roger Hargreaves

The grave one might be useful, a lot better then trying to bury someone in an open grave the night before a funeral

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Dragonstoned posted:

The grave one might be useful, a lot better then trying to bury someone in an open grave the night before a funeral

If you're going to bury someone in a graveyard you're supposed to do it the night after they bury someone else in that hole.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

This is such a dumb meme but I can't get enough of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]