Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

And the winner fights fedor or mir. :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
Chael vs Fedor is Ninja vs Sperry but it's a febreeze commercial directed by the warrior guy

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

I can't even imagine chael/fedor. It's simply too absurd.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006
They are going to actually have all the events on the moon, without testing, right?

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

Mr. Nice! posted:

I can't even imagine chael/fedor. It's simply too absurd.

remember when he fought lindland? it's like that with more hair

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

He's gonna beat a middleweight by grabbing the cage instead of the ring this time

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
He's not getting past mir

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

henkman posted:

He's not getting past mir

Coker's betting on that too. This bracket looks to me like Mir said "I'm not doing it unless I get Fedor," while Coker was contemplating which matches will get the highest ratings. He learned at least one lesson from the Strikeforce GP - Fedor will lose, so put Fedor in the biggest money match right away.

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib
wondering what strategy mir is going to follow (fairly sure he'll win, just wondering what he thinks his best path will be). i assume he'll take the conservative approach of trying to minimise risk rather than gunning for the best way to secure a finish or whatever. the strategy he employed in that vein against cro cop of humping his opponent against the fence doesn't seem like a great idea against fedor given fedor's traditional strengths, but fedor got mashed into the cage by brett rogers and mir could give few enough fucks about being beneath fedor he'll see if he can do it anyway. striking seems like the riskiest.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
wont fedor win? he showed that he isnt mentally checked out or anything when he fought maldonado and didnt get finished. i dont know about mir , he wasnt doing that well before his suspension.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
I hope roids can rejuvenate Mir a bit, because he seems like a sad story waiting to happen

Bushmeister
Nov 27, 2007
Son Of Northern Frostbitten Wintermoon

I.N.R.I posted:

wont fedor win? he showed that he isnt mentally checked out or anything when he fought maldonado and didnt get finished. i dont know about mir , he wasnt doing that well before his suspension.

I don't think that is in any way the lesson you can take away from that fight, in good conscience.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
Yeah best case he's been jacking steroids'roo meat and dick pills and comes out looking great.

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries

Triticum Guzzler posted:

I hope roids can rejuvenate Mir a bit, because he seems like a sad story waiting to happen

They will. They are good at that, I've seen fighters go from can't be bothered to get out to bed to super motivated, at first I thought it was that they got motivated and then went on gear, but it seems more and more that the mental side effects of gear increase the drive to want to compete.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Bushmeister posted:

I don't think that is in any way the lesson you can take away from that fight, in good conscience.

sure it is. he got the crap beaten out of him

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
i want to see sonnen / fedor and i don't think either of them will make it past the first fight. where's tito anyway. he needs to be in this ridiculous piece of poo poo. i like how people whine about the 'legitimacy' of the belts when there's too many interim titles and nate diaz gets offered a 170 shot and poo poo when in the next biggest organization this is happening

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
I want Mir to win because Fedor has plenty of money, and if Mir doesn't get bounced out of Bellator he could probably get his broadcasting career back on track and not have to get knocked out a lot to feed his kids

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries

Triticum Guzzler posted:

I want Mir to win because Fedor has plenty of money, and if Mir doesn't get bounced out of Bellator he could probably get his broadcasting career back on track and not have to get knocked out a lot to feed his kids

I've heard a rumour that Fedor has got very little of what was paid to have him fight and that lots of other people got very wealthy off the back of him, mean while he doesn't seem to mind and loves Russian Jesus or something.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
he surely cant be in any real financial difficulty if he doesnt mind. not that i believe that anyway

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

I.N.R.I posted:

he surely cant be in any real financial difficulty if he doesnt mind. not that i believe that anyway

Yeah because that story isn't as old as time itself and your intuition should be trusted instead right?

Edit: Fedor is probably okay with it though I agree with that.

Tezcatlipoca fucked around with this message at 15:32 on Nov 24, 2017

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Tezcatlipoca posted:

Yeah because that story isn't as old as time itself and your intuition should be trusted instead right?

Edit: Fedor is probably okay with it though I agree with that.

Im not really sure what youre trying to say

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed

Marching Powder posted:

i want to see sonnen / fedor and i don't think either of them will make it past the first fight. where's tito anyway. he needs to be in this ridiculous piece of poo poo. i like how people whine about the 'legitimacy' of the belts when there's too many interim titles and nate diaz gets offered a 170 shot and poo poo when in the next biggest organization this is happening

Tito retired after beating Sonnen and so far has stayed retired. Which is funny because that fight was the best Tito has looked in a really long time but I guess he went out on a high note in that case if he never does come back.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

I.N.R.I posted:

The most likely situation is probably the one that has been happening with fighters forever. Which is that his handlers are robbing him and he'll be blissfully ignorant until he's broke.

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are

Dr. Abysmal posted:

Tito retired after beating Sonnen and so far has stayed retired. Which is funny because that fight was the best Tito has looked in a really long time but I guess he went out on a high note in that case if he never does come back.

He has been looking decent in recent grappling-only comps.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Tezcatlipoca posted:

The most likely situation is probably the one that has been happening with fighters forever. Which is that his handlers are robbing him and he'll be blissfully ignorant until he's broke.

This. Unscrupulous managers have been taking advantage of fighters as long as competitive fighting has been a sport. This is part of the reason the ali act exists. What fighters really need is a strong union since there are actually full fledged mma leagues as opposed to boxing, but lol at that happening.

Fedor will retire with some cash because I think he owns part of M1, but I doubt seriously that he's been taking home anything close to his full purse on fights.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Fedor's pretty in with the government too right? He'll be utterly loaded if that's the case/

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
Tito got neck surgery and then made a really funny video calling out Chael for a rematch while in a neck brace in his car. He may actually believe that Chael tapped him.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

I.N.R.I posted:

Did you forget the Mitrione fight?

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

I.N.R.I posted:

He’s making up stuff

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Oh we should just trust your intuition ?? In the fight game, this story is as old as time. Willie dee is right and not just making poo poo up. All fighters are idiots being taken advantage of be their management and will go broke.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
Found it and in my opinion: lol

https://www.instagram.com/p/BXqdBs-h3z9/?hl=en&taken-by=titoortiz1999

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Ben Askren had what he says is his retirement fight today and celebrated by beating the gently caress out of Shinya Aoki as a tribute to Mach.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8nKwKwFK1QE

Wise Learned Man
Apr 22, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Fedor's pretty in with the government too right? He'll be utterly loaded if that's the case/

Yeah, Putin will just name him a Master of Sport Emeritus in combat sambo (if he hasn't already) and he can train guys to make a living. Worst-case, he can always hawk supplements.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

CarlCX posted:

Ben Askren had what he says is his retirement fight today and celebrated by beating the gently caress out of Shinya Aoki as a tribute to Mach.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8nKwKwFK1QE

Hahah I love how the commentators are fellating Aoki's BJJ skills at the exact moment that the guy who is two weight classes heavier is knocking him out in his full guard.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

CommonShore posted:

Did you forget the Mitrione fight?

even better ... i didnt watch it to begin with haha

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

You need haters. Fellas if you got 20 haters, you need 40 of them motherfuckers. If there's any haters in here that don't have nobody to hate on, feel free to hate on me

just contracted mrsa while in the hospital getting both of my hips replaced, but i feel like this is as good a time as any to say: chael, prepare to meet your greatest foe, which is me

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(
Is bisping in bellator yet

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
https://i.imgur.com/Opy1ANV.mp4

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

That reminds me of doing capoeira in Germany and seeing a six foot four guy accidentally knock the beads out of a tiny girls hair. Ugh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
Coming in thick and fast today.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQ8ifZkbAZo