Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

pork never goes bad
May 16, 2008

Good Reddit post with cookie cutter builds for Mayhem here: https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/7f0uud/with_just_over_24_hours_until_mayhem_starts_heres/

Lots of good/easy options if you can't decide!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

pork never goes bad posted:

Good Reddit post with cookie cutter builds for Mayhem here: https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/7f0uud/with_just_over_24_hours_until_mayhem_starts_heres/

Lots of good/easy options if you can't decide!

lol re: Champion tho

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Goa Tse-tung posted:

lol re: Champion tho

I dont get it?

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

time to cleave

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
I wish they had a way of previewing microtransaction. I wanted to buy an armor set but I have no idea how it'll look.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
My build isn't on there, good (bladefall totems)

pork never goes bad
May 16, 2008

I think I'm gonna Dunder my way to glory, I just can't pick which kind. Maybe Haemophilia Slayer, maybe DW Glad.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Azran posted:

I wish they had a way of previewing microtransaction. I wanted to buy an armor set but I have no idea how it'll look.

There should be a short youtube clip for everything you can buy.

One example: https://www.pathofexile.com/shop/category/armour-effects#microtransaction-RavenArmourPack

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
There's often posts on reddit that show how every set looks on every class. You can also just post if you want to see a specific MTX combo and there's usually someone with it that will screenshot it for you.

But yes, an in game preview that actually showed it on your character would be smart.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

I'm thinking KB totems or Frostbolt totems.

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

39 perfect posts with each roll.

please knock Mom! posted:

My build isn't on there, good (bladefall totems)

You doing scion or hierophant (or something else?)

I was messing around with hierophant BF Totems before the turmoil race, it's not bad, although I'm excited to try it again when spell cascade is out.

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009

Azran posted:

The little video gives a pretty good idea. A bit more difficult if you're going for a mix and match look, though.

nightwisher
Dec 24, 2004

queeb posted:

I'm thinking KB totems or Frostbolt totems.

KB totems would be pretty hard to build around IMO, you lose ~26% damage from GMP, another 26% less damage from ranged attack totem AND 30% less attack speed. If you're heiro you're also losing 7% damage per totem up as well.

nightwisher fucked around with this message at 00:12 on Nov 24, 2017

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?

RosaParksOfDip posted:

The little video gives a pretty good idea. A bit more difficult if you're going for a mix and match look, though.

Yeah, sometimes I think "oh, that would look great with X piece!" but I have no way to tell.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

Mr. Despair posted:

You doing scion or hierophant (or something else?)

I was messing around with hierophant BF Totems before the turmoil race, it's not bad, although I'm excited to try it again when spell cascade is out.

inq assassin or elementalist depending on whether my friend can use hatred

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

...I'm sorry. I can't seem to remember any of the rest.
can multiple instances of decay stack? i might wanna try something dumb like EK nova w/ decay (possibly mines)

if not i'll just do ED or something :shobon:

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Hashtag Yoloswag posted:

can multiple instances of decay stack? i might wanna try something dumb like EK nova w/ decay (possibly mines)

if not i'll just do ED or something :shobon:

Decay does not stack, no.

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

...I'm sorry. I can't seem to remember any of the rest.

TheRat posted:

Decay does not stack, no.

aw :( ED it is then, thanks

nearly killed em!
Aug 5, 2011

I quit last league before I got any reasonable distance on my last build, Deadeye Seige Totem bleeding. Tell me why this is a bad idea so I don't try to do it in this Mayhem league.

pork never goes bad
May 16, 2008

Because that build sounds bad and mayhem is full of danger

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

donut run totems in mayhem

you want to either be super beefy or super ranged

hope you like casting totems every step because some rear end in a top hat rogue exile and his 19 friends sundered it again

Eddalius
Oct 31, 2011

Meyers-Briggs Testicle posted:

donut run totems in mayhem

you want to either be super beefy or super ranged

hope you like casting totems every step because some rear end in a top hat rogue exile and his 19 friends sundered it again

While deadeye siege ballista totems might be bad specifically, this advice is not correct at all. Totems got buffed ages back and are now super tanky, if you pick up any of the wheels relating to damage reduction, they are even more tanky. Totem placement is still incredibly important and if you poorly place totems then yes, they will die.

Warchief totem would be pretty good for mayhem or even frostbolt totem. I guess magma orb totem would also be fine. Along with all the other totem builds that would be good.

Other important thing is to get a lot of totem placement speed as the faster your totems start dealing damage then well, less things to be killing them. Also you know, spire of stone if you find your totems being stunned often.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Eddalius posted:

While deadeye siege ballista totems might be bad specifically, this advice is not correct at all. Totems got buffed ages back and are now super tanky, if you pick up any of the wheels relating to damage reduction, they are even more tanky. Totem placement is still incredibly important and if you poorly place totems then yes, they will die.

Warchief totem would be pretty good for mayhem or even frostbolt totem. I guess magma orb totem would also be fine. Along with all the other totem builds that would be good.

Other important thing is to get a lot of totem placement speed as the faster your totems start dealing damage then well, less things to be killing them. Also you know, spire of stone if you find your totems being stunned often.
ok ill rephrase that totems are boring and suck and probably the worst choice for a game/league where clearspeed is king

anything totems can do traps can do better tbqh

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

ok ill rephrase that totems are boring and suck and probably the worst choice for a game/league where clearspeed is king

I can do any totem better than you.
Yes I can!
yes I can!
Yes I can Yes I caaaaan!

Eddalius
Oct 31, 2011

I think you mean mines can do better. I'd still say things like frostbolt totem are better than most trap builds. Mines poo poo on most totem and trap builds though in clear speed.

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

39 perfect posts with each roll.

I'm going to be doing warchief totems, like almost every other chieftain because what the hell else are you going to do as chieftain

also because warchief totems are actually real good and fun still

also leveling as DP totems felt like asssssssss

marie_eh
Mar 21, 2008

This is definitely not true. Several totem builds have nice clearspeed, considering you can drop the totems and continue moving while they kill stuff. Traps are trash and have cool downs. Have you actually played with either?

The March Hare
Oct 15, 2006

Je rêve d'un
Wayne's World 3
Buglord
I'm going to be playing a whispering ice totem elementalist. Fight me.

George
Nov 27, 2004

No love for your made-up things.
I never got to try Berserker/VP. What's the best build I can do that will give me the authentic experience? Should I just Sunder (I haven't done Sunder either)?

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

George posted:

I never got to try Berserker/VP. What's the best build I can do that will give me the authentic experience? Should I just Sunder (I haven't done Sunder either)?

DP is miserable to level with and doesn't start feeling decent til around level 80.

dis astranagant fucked around with this message at 07:15 on Nov 24, 2017

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity
If you're playing zerker dark pact you should rush vaal pact. Otherwise, save it for when your natural leech can't keep up with burst damage / reflect.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
Reflect?

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

Lol

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

TheRat posted:

I dont get it?

when I looked the only champion build was a support

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Goa Tse-tung posted:

when I looked the only champion build was a support

Which is probably the most powerful champion build

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
I think I'd rather do totems than traps this league

Tho mines are legit. Mine bladefall is fun but idk if it's good since the nerfs to aoe and poison

ArkhamPraetor
Sep 11, 2011
The targeting nerf to bladefall mines hurts them more. Damage should still be good with coated shrapnel jewels

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

I am probably just going to sunder to 35 so I don't burn out before Abyss. Also because the prize chances are real low

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Wezlar posted:

I am probably just going to sunder to 35 so I don't burn out before Abyss. Also because the prize chances are real low

same

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

For abyss I'm going to want something tanky, because my worst problem every character I play is getting one shot by bosses and it's annoying.

I've never played totems or mines or traps, recommend me something suitable (and maybe something I can give a test drive in mayhem).