Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.
As a finnish person it just feels wrong to see milk in anything but tetrapaks.

E: Alternatively, the steel jugs my granddad used when he brought in milk from his own cows before it was sent to the Dairy.

His Divine Shadow fucked around with this message at 13:21 on Nov 24, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Horse Clocks
Dec 14, 2004

GotLag posted:

What kind of lovely workplace doesn't just use petty cash to bay the buck or two it would take to buy milk for everyone?

I’ve been told this is actually in the offices of a London bank who does not extend any ‘benefits’ to contractors/consultants. So everyone comes in on Monday with a jug of milk for the week.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

GotLag posted:

What kind of lovely workplace doesn't just use petty cash to bay the buck or two it would take to buy milk for everyone?

I worked at a place once where a couple of jerks ate other people's food. They were naturally found out and fired, but I still decided to buy one of these and put it under my desk:

Mine also had a metal flap so you could attach a padlock to it.

Megillah Gorilla fucked around with this message at 14:39 on Nov 24, 2017

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

It's in the break room of a police station, the photo was taken by an officer in training

https://twitter.com/WYP_PC3220Sharp/status/873906403597004801

I recall reading somewhere that there's loads of petty theft in British police stations - if you leave your pen unattended for 30 secs, expect it to walk.

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010

Wall Balls posted:

wrap it up, sphere cucks

Now put an amount of water on it proportionally equivalent to a tennis balls mass as to the amount of water on the earth to the earths mass (there's a fun math problem! I get .13 grams) and spin it so that it rotates once every 24 hours and tell me what happens?

Sure, if you put a couple of orders of magnitude more water on the earths surface and spin the earth at 200 rpm the water is going to go flying off.

Murgos fucked around with this message at 15:07 on Nov 24, 2017

Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

spog posted:

I recall reading somewhere that there's loads of petty theft in British police stations - if you leave your pen unattended for 30 secs, expect it to walk.

gently caress the police

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

Murgos posted:

Now put an amount of water on it proportionally equivalent to a tennis balls mass as to the amount of water on the earth to the earths mass (there's a fun math problem! I get .13 grams) and spin it so that it rotates once every 24 hours and tell me what happens?

Sure, if you put a couple of orders of magnitude more water on the earths surface and spin the earth at 200 rpm the water is going to go flying off.
Spinning the earth at 200rpm sounds like a great solution to that whole "using fuel to reach escape velocity" problem!

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Murgos posted:

Bullshit.

Edit: meet me down the docks in 20 minutes with 48 trillion trillion gallons of water and about five million Saturn V rockets and we'll settle this once and for all

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

That's just the way he rolls.

Why didn't she just...stand on the 2nd set of tracks until the train passes?

Murgos posted:

That reminds me. One day far far in the future, I can't even imagine the difficulties of trying to land a probe on PSR J1748-2446ad. It's spinning pretty fast.

716 times per SECOND. It's surface is moving at 252,000,000 kph. That's 24% of the speed of light. Since it's a neutron star, it's atmosphere would be millimetres thick so once the probe dipped into it to land, it, well... It would be quite spectacular to watch.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Ak Gara posted:

Why didn't she just...stand on the 2nd set of tracks until the train passes?

She was drunk beyond all sense and reason .... and she's Australian .... but I repeat myself.

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

Ak Gara posted:

surface ... a neutron star

I think you're going to have more problems than the speed of the surface when landing on a neutron star.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Avenging_Mikon posted:

I think you're going to have more problems than the speed of the surface when landing on a neutron star.

I was just watching a How the Universe Works episode the other day. At one point they talked about this exact thing. A probe "landing" on a fast spinning neutron star would release unimaginable energy as even its atoms would be ripped apart as it's being distributed as a thin film across the surface.

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I thought the thing would not only explode from the kinetic energy but also from all the atoms getting fused down to iron *depending on size*.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

spog posted:

There's only one thief in the police force. Everyone else is just trying to get their poo poo back.

Longpig Bard
Dec 29, 2004

lol if you pay for your food

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.
Just make the probe out of neutronium, problem solved.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Dutch town police is going to put this high-vis police figure in pedestrian-only shopping streets 'at random times' in order to scare cyclists off their bikes.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Carbon dioxide posted:

Dutch town police is going to put this high-vis police figure in pedestrian-only shopping streets 'at random times' in order to scare cyclists off their bikes.

I've seen scarier.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Seriouspost: the people who did that are the only good people at the workplace. Everyone else is literally a milk-stealing fucksatan.

e: Synthbuttrange is probably also a milk-stealing piece of poo poo, shat right out of a butt. As in, not even a human bean, just some vaguely humanoid faeces.

3D Megadoodoo fucked around with this message at 21:23 on Nov 24, 2017

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Jerry Cotton posted:

Seriouspost: the people who did that are the only good people at the workplace. Everyone else is literally a milk-stealing fucksatan.

e: Synthbuttrange is probably also a milk-stealing piece of poo poo, shat right out of a butt. As in, not even a human bean, just some vaguely humanoid faeces.

counterpoint: who the hell stores gallons of milk in their work fridge

Harveygod
Jan 4, 2014

YEEAAH HEH HEH HEEEHH

YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYIN

THIS TRASH WAR AIN'T GONNA SOLVE ITSELF YA KNOW

Azhais posted:

And nothing else. That's what's puzzling me.

Noir89
Oct 9, 2012

I made a dumdum :(
Maybe the guy that took the picture ate the rest?

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Azhais posted:

Milk is one of the two best things for Skydrol in the eyes. The other is castor oil. Most hangars will have milk around, somewhere.

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

MrYenko posted:

Milk is one of the two best things for Skydrol in the eyes. The other is castor oil. Most hangars will have milk around, somewhere.

I got skydrol in my eyes, now to unlock my milk

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Harveygod posted:

Just lol if you don't drink 3 cups of milk for lunch every day. Enjoy your brittle bones, calciumfailure.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Azhais posted:

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Azhais posted:

Lactating women.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Better than the McPoyles I guess

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

Lactating women.

gallons? :chloe:

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

Yeah, the women in his office are real heifers.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Carbon dioxide posted:

Awful execution. Printing the vest on makes it look fake as gently caress.

Potrzebie
Apr 6, 2010

I may not know what I'm talking about, but I sure love cops! ^^ Boy, but that boot is just yummy!
Lipstick Apathy

Facebook Aunt posted:

Just lol if you don't drink 3 cups of milk for lunch every day. Enjoy your brittle bones, calciumfailure.

Well actually it seems milk causes brittle bones. And death. Source in English. http://sverigesradio.se/sida/artikel.aspx?programid=2054&artikel=6003968

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Possibly just a shot from a Japanese horror film.

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.
That's odd, usually the blood gets off on the second floor.

small ghost
Jan 30, 2013

Azhais posted:

Harveygod posted:

It's the UK. It's for tea.

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!

Jerry Cotton posted:

Yeah, they ruin it for everyone. I don't mind if someone takes a dash of milk from me for their tea, but after a dozen people do it and I've no milk for myself I'm a little less pleased. Someone at my work told me that they brought a cake in for a birthday and when they went to get it out of the fridge they discovered someone had cut themselves the first slice. I feel that's taking the piss a bit.

I've had someone open the zipper on a cooler bag that was in a work freezer and take one of my containers of Ben and Jerry's. Okay, I had grabbed a few free ones when they were doing a give-away and kept them at work as I had no room at home but still.

Epsilon Moonshade
Nov 22, 2016

Not an excellent host.

Say Nothing posted:

Possibly just a shot from a Japanese horror film.

... is that a loving mercury spill? Holy poo poo.

Edit: Apparently a sewage leak at a movie theater.

Epsilon Moonshade fucked around with this message at 00:57 on Nov 25, 2017

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
No, of course it isn't.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Epsilon Moonshade posted:

No, it's a sewage leak at a movie theater. It's just wet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

Epsilon Moonshade posted:

Wouldn't the reflection on mercury be brighter since it's essentially a mirror?
Reverse image search says it's sewage in a cinema.

-e-
Some say it's from an Emoji movie screening :v: