Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

:hf:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shock Trooper
Oct 24, 2006

TERROR BALTIMORE

Dupe Rikku BSB, dupe Cait Sith BSB.... new Cloud of Darkness USB. I'LL TAKE IT.

Neutral Zone Trap
Nov 6, 2011

It's in the garbage. Where it belongs.
My X synergy is weakish but even that considered this CM was crazy.

80 Teedus OD+Dervish, +30 sword
80 Wakka armor+mental bd, MM, BSB
80 Seymour mm+dh, +20 dark
99 Yuna curada+dispel, DMT, Miracle Veil
95 Rikku mug bloodlust+TR, +40 thief, usb

RW Rikku USB
Magicite Enkidu

So two proshellhastegas from RW and native Rikku takes care of the final one after 2nd dispel. I brought a ton of self healing again to survive.

Dispel+AoE right after is a kick in the nuts and he loves to do it. If I RW wall there's not enough damage to bypass the meteor checks.

Kumog
Dec 28, 2006
Am I your god?
EXCITEMENT.

6/11 on my pull....

Relic 1: Barret BSB. f u.
Relic 2: Barret BSB. F U.
Relic 3: Vanille BSB Dupe #3. F. U.

Relic 4: Tellah LMR. handy, I have his BSB AND his SSB, all important relics get for him!
Relic 5: Cid 7 USB! Not bad, I may have to field him with Aerial Dive. But not really caring tons.

Relic 6:

Bartz USB.

acceptable.

MikeSevigny
Aug 6, 2002

Habs 2006: Cristobal Persuasion
5/11 on Black Friday:

Zell BSB (dupe)
Ramza USB (dupe)
Lightning BSB (dupe)
Rinoa BSB2 (that's like, a 4x dupe, it ended up in the vault)
Tifa USB

Trying to figure out if Tifa USB + BSB is going to outdamage Butz USB + BSB for Magicites, probably not. She might make a good replacement for Alphinaud if I can survive without the extra healing he does in between Deployment Tactics casts.

Other than that... well, Refia just got a few more points of ATK.

ceaselessfuture
Apr 9, 2005

"I'm thirty," I said. "I'm five years too old to lie to myself and call it honor."

Amarant, Ursula, Dorgann BSBs. I needed more Earth representation so that's...not bad?

Did 2x pulls on FFX as well and ended up with

Rikku BSB
Paine SSBx2, BSB
Yuna SSB

which I guess fills a hole in my "just got Tidus USB for water" gap?

s...sometimes pull???

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Bare minimum of 3/11. Ace BSB, Beatrix BSB, Lightning BSB1 (dupe).

Not a great pull since my Fire team is already pretty stacked, but more Holy stuff is good.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.
4/11

Lenna USB
Porom BSB
PCecil LMR
Balthier BSB1 dupe

Nothing I'm that excited about. I only have Lenna's SSB (so I guess this'll help for the CMs I don't usually bother with), Porom at least gives me a IV healer burst, but Balthier's BSB1 would already be an insulting pull even if it wasn't a dupe. I would rather have drawn a Tiny Bee.,

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.
Decided to pull once on FFX too, because I'm bad at never pulling. The temptation of a chain was too much to bear:

At least I'm set for life when it comes to +Water armor, now?

Neutral Zone Trap
Nov 6, 2011

Lenna USB is a stacking buff with 3000 hp stock. Also a +holy heavy armor which knights will love.

It's good.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
4/11 on Black Friday and I’m pretty drat happy!

Earth Chain is the big prize, although Faris USB seems neat too! Plus Bartz can use bows so it’s a FFV +wind stick for Bartz. :woop:

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.

Neutral Zone Trap posted:

Lenna USB is a stacking buff with 3000 hp stock. Also a +holy heavy armor which knights will love.

It's good.

The problem isn't the relics themselves, but the fact that I am massively inundated with healer and +holy gear, nearly to the exclusion of other stuff. I have seven +holy armors, four +wind, and six pieces of gear total for all the other elements.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
Threw two pulls at the X banner.

First pull: 3/11 2x Tidus LMR and 1x Paine SSB. I have nothing else for Tidus but hey, water synergy armors!

Second pull: 1/11... TIDUS USB!!!

Super happy despite being sick tonight. :woop:

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

I only have 1 kain SSB, so not useful

Tiny BEE!

and I didn't need another medica

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

lmao I'm pretty sure I drew the Ogrekiller last Black Friday too. Probably won't use Cyan BSB much, especially since I randomly drew his USB recently. Matoya might be my best Fire Mage now? Her competition is Vincent with his enfire SSB. My ice/lightning are stacked though. Oh well.

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

Well I just had my worst draws in my ffrk career. 3/11 on the bf draw with two dupes and a useless Rinoa lmr.

Followed by two 1/11 draws in X for crap. Then one more rage pull for now crap. Sigh.

4/33

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

3/11

WoL CSB
Bartz LMR
Garnet BSB1

Garnet us a dupe, but a CSB and Bartz LMR? gently caress yes now if only I could get Bartz's USB.

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

6/11

Gabranth USB, Fang OSB, Sabin OSB, Exdeath LMR, Yuna BSB dupe, and Shelke BSB.

Could have been a lot worse!

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
I decided I wasn’t letting FFIV’s banners beat me

No Earth’s BSBs from this banner but I am close to as complete of a Rydia that I want. The OSB goes well with the EnWater USB I got earlier.

At least no more Rune Claws so I am considering this a victory! yay we did it

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
LOL what the gently caress

Lulu's USB is useless to me because even with her LMR she's still not better than Edea with her BSB.

I have a dumpy SSB for Iris but maybe someday I'll get her BSB so ok sure yeah cool.

I have Vayne's BSB and his party instant cast SSB so enDark is pretty good I guess. I never use him though and Shadow BSB is better and I have Shadow LMR sooooooooooo

At least my surprise item draw was a dark crystal.

Zonko_T.M.
Jul 1, 2007

I'm not here to fuck spiders!

Buttz's bsb1 is a dupe and I have nothing else for Shelke and Rufus, but Rafa's BSB is a nice complement to Ashe's role as Queen of Thunder, and is a nice faithga/off-heal/damage combo in general.

Every single LMR I've gotten is for someone with literally nothing else. Stupid RNG.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

3/11:

Refia and Alphinaud BSBs
Vivi OSB

All very good it looks like! I read that refia was good even if you don’t need the fire damage, vivi can function with just his trance and high hones, and Alphinaud should make golem much easier.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

Elena and Paine BSBs and Desch LMR (ha). At least there's a +water armor in there, that's good.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

i got a 3rd blood sword, a legend materia for tidus who i have no equipment for, and a legend materia for fran who i have no equipment for. kind of a wet fart of a bonus draw.

Suzaku
Feb 15, 2012
The Black Friday draw was much nicer to me.

3/11, but pulled Irvine BSB, Ace USB, Kain USB. Now I don't feel bad double pulling for Kain's BSB on the IV banner.

Is Ace any good with just his USB?

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp
Pulled on X's banner, got Tidus' BSB and USB to go with his chain and Rikku's BSB. After that I wasn't expecting much from the black Friday pull and was mostly right. Vivi's BSB, Desch's BSB, and Leon's LMR.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Went 3/11 because I can't stop getting the bare minimum possible, but ended up with Ceodore's Ultra, Tifa's completely useless LMR, and a dupe Fujin BSB.

Was hoping for a chain but I guess I'll take an ultra, even if it looks kinda underwhelming compared to almost every other one. Enholy + sentinel is not nearly as exciting as being able to do absurd chasers and poo poo.

a computer ghost
May 30, 2011

an unhackable cat???

Ursula’s materia and Raines’ burst are both dupes, and I have Lunneth’s OSB but already got Cloud for physical wind damage so OK.

Tentatively excited for Kain’s USB, I don’t have anything else for him but i think I remember people saying it was hype? Please tell me it’s hype.

Randabis
Apr 2, 2005

3/11

Cloud USB
Penelo USB
Barret BSB

I have Cloud's BSB2 so I immediately LD'd him. Penelo seems okay too. Thanks black Friday.

Ybrik
Jan 1, 2008

Adel posted:

Ursula’s materia and Raines’ burst are both dupes, and I have Lunneth’s OSB but already got Cloud for physical wind damage so OK.

Tentatively excited for Kain’s USB, I don’t have anything else for him but i think I remember people saying it was hype? Please tell me it’s hype.

Kains USB is great either by chaining it into itself with an entruster or by abusing the way jumps work with the atb system.

I got Pecil's materia which is cool since I already dived him, the bsb of the fat armor guy from ff11, and dupe quina bsb armor which I really, really wish yuffie could use. So not a great draw but decent. I also whiffed hard on the FFX draw getting paines materia, wakkas materia, and pained hastega super.

KPC_Mammon
Jan 23, 2004

Ready for the fashy circle jerk
I got Auron's USB and BSB1, Cloud's OSB, Tifa OSB, and Noctis USB.

No dupes. Best pull in a long time.

FruitPunchSamurai
Oct 20, 2010

Definitely better than my 1/11 tiny bee from last year. Edge LMR is the worst of the bunch here since I have nothing for him and the armor isn’t even nonRS +water. Galuf BSB is also kind of redundant since it’s my third fire imperil, and I already have Balthier with BSB2 and LMR. Echo is kind of weird but at least it’s a stacking faithga.

Is shadow worth investing in if I have nothing else besides his USB?

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

BF 3/11

Dupe Fujin BSB
Dupe Fujin BSB
non-dupe Relm LMR

I have Relm BSB and USB, but even still a "small chance to give magic shield to an ally you single-target heal" seems pretty meh. Better than nothing since her dive sucks, but still...

Close to rage-pulling on X-1 to go for a water option.

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

Pander posted:

BF 3/11

Dupe Fujin BSB
Dupe Fujin BSB
non-dupe Relm LMR

I have Relm BSB and USB, but even still a "small chance to give magic shield to an ally you single-target heal" seems pretty meh. Better than nothing since her dive sucks, but still...

Close to rage-pulling on X-1 to go for a water option.

After my disastrous morning chasing any of like 4 Tidus (even Paine BSB/USB would've been Ok) relics in 3 pulls, I recommend not rage pulling.

Neutral Zone Trap
Nov 6, 2011

And it's not just the CM, this A+ is also on a rather high troll level.

Dr. Mog. If the enemy has a 102% chance to AoE silence every three turns you don't say it's "a chance to silence". You say "Don't bring your mage team or you'll get hosed, kupo!"

Had to bring out Y'shtola from retirement to heal because her RD+LD has silence resist which in addition to Nabaat's glasses that have major resist meant that she only got silenced once which Enkidu salvaged.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

Neutral Zone Trap posted:

And it's not just the CM, this A+ is also on a rather high troll level.

Dr. Mog. If the enemy has a 102% chance to AoE silence every three turns you don't say it's "a chance to silence". You say "Don't bring your mage team or you'll get hosed, kupo!"

Had to bring out Y'shtola from retirement to heal because her RD+LD has silence resist which in addition to Nabaat's glasses that have major resist meant that she only got silenced once which Enkidu salvaged.

Don't use a mage team. Cloud USB is just fine for the A+

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

The Iga Blade is a dupe but otherwise this is a drat good pull. Sub-30 Sealion just became possible.

Oryp
Jun 5, 2004

3/11:
Tidus OSB - Quite happy with this since it is a +water sword for either Bartz or Tidus, and I already have Tidus Chain/BSB1.

Emperor USB - Seems a bit mediocre/niche. I do at least have Rinoa SSB/OSB for magic earth damage.

Rydia BSB1 - Well, there is some more magic earth damage to go with Emperor...

Overall I'm happy enough, but mostly for that +water stat stick.

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos
First, I made a pull on FFX. 2x Wakka LMR. Doesn't even deserve a picture. But then I did Black Friday's.

...that'll do. Time to smash faces with Squall. Maybe I'll even do a physical run of Fenrir. How often does his Blink pop up?

Prism fucked around with this message at 18:19 on Nov 24, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
The CM is definitely up there as one of the most infuriating unless you can nuke about 1/3 of his health near the end; my X synergy is fairly solid (Yuna USB, Seymour/Wakka BSB, and Braska SSB for more buffs), but thanks to the spell barrage taking out four units at the end I just missed out on Mastery after several resets. At least I could bring Rikku on the rematch in place of Tidus to have an easier time getting debuffs up.

• Locked thread