Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!

this has been me since last night when i read all this poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Lets post something cool.

https://gamerant.com/destiny-concept-art-bungie-619/

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

FACT: in the Savathun strike, the Hive turns the Guardians into Gems

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ussqi3nagrQ

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

I love the two scissor lifts that fell over in pic 3.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Why do the Vex only change their heads throughout time

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

PathAsc posted:

I love the two scissor lifts that fell over in pic 3.

Do you really love them? Or are you just pointing out random objects and saying you love them?

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!

RCarr posted:

Do you really love them? Or are you just pointing out random objects and saying you love them?

He loves scissor lifts

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

I'm also passionate about scissor lifts

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

I guess I should say I loved them, they're dead now

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

I like things with scissors in them that don't cut. Like Scissor Lift or Scissor Sisters I can't really think of anything else right now but I'm sure the other things also rule

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Norns posted:

Why do the Vex only change their heads throughout time

Body shaming is not accepted in the vex collective, is all about the hats.

I like all the Destiny artwork with tigers and wolves. They are shiny examples of some modern medieval where animals are totally in the right place next to you. They had wolves in iron lords expansion, but they where static, not too much love was put on them.

Theres a alternate dimension where Destiny 1 in venus had wild tigers that would sometimes attack the vex or attack guardians, or maybe be friendly to guardians and let them be pet.

----

What do we know about the RAID LAIR?

Tei fucked around with this message at 17:49 on Nov 24, 2017

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

PathAsc posted:

Hopefully the content drop on the 5th is more than we expect at this point.

*shakes magic 8 ball*

*All signs point to No*

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

Menstrual Show posted:

He’s in charge of pvp weapon balance.

Also good news: that was only part 1 of 2 of that interview.

When's part 2 due out?

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
so the takeaway from that interview is that Destiny 2 is a pizza that came out exactly how Bungie wanted it cooked, but Bungie is an org in total chaos and assembles pizza with a dough team and a cheese team that don't work together, and thus had no idea that cooking a pizza with just cheese and no tomato sauce isn't the right way to do things, especially when their goal is to make a tomato pie

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

so the takeaway from that interview is that Destiny 2 is a pizza that came out exactly how Bungie wanted it cooked, but Bungie is an org in total chaos and assembles pizza with a dough team and a cheese team that don't work together, and thus had no idea that cooking a pizza with just cheese and no tomato sauce isn't the right way to do things, especially when their goal is to make a tomato pie

also remember the interview with Lars where he was like “the crucible team kept saying that 4v4 would be bad but I really liked the idea so I pushed it through because you gotta break eggs to make an omelette”

what a disorganized mess of a studio, couldn’t even make none pizza with left beef

QuasiQuack
Jun 13, 2010

Ducks hockey baybee
Who is Lars and how do we get his legs broken

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

gently caress you, Xur. You piece of poo poo.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

QuasiQuack posted:

Who is Lars and how do we get his legs broken

Also this

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D
Heads really need to roll at bungie. So many of the horrible poo poo things about D2 are philosophical and built into its core that i don't even know if they can be changed.

I love Destiny but D2 is a bad Destiny game.

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

Father Wendigo posted:

When's part 2 due out?

I haven’t listened to Crucible Radio in a few months but it’s a weekly podcast iirc

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

I LOVE COCK SALAD posted:

gently caress you, Xur. You piece of poo poo.

when is xur going to sell dunemarchers god drat it you loving tentacle hack fraud

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008
I generally try and keep an open mind and rise above the salt but that interviews confirms some really dumb suspicions that i had about the game.

Catering to casuals over your core base is a) greedy as gently caress and b) shortsighted as gently caress.

Ill still raid on the reg because its a social thing but theres little to no incentive to play outside of that because everything has been deemed worthless.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

The best thing is they made the game centered around getting you to buy loot boxes for cosmetics but they made it so there was no incentive to play the endgame for more than 2 hours on one day of the week. Who the hell buys cosmetic items for a game they play less than 2 hours a week, if that

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Idiots. That's who.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

hitchensgoespop posted:

Catering to casuals over your core base is a) greedy as gently caress and b) shortsighted as gently caress.

I’m not sure if I agree with this, games are expensive to develop and made to make money, not to cater to us nerds who play for thousands of hours.

Imo the problem isn’t that Bungie wanted to widen the player base, the problem is that they’re morons and their design philosophy to accomplish that is incompetent even for the stated purpose. Plenty of games more or less effectively appeal to casuals without losing their core identities, and honestly I like Destiny 2 - but Destiny 2 could’ve been a much better version of what it wants to be and isn’t because they aimed for and embraced mediocrity to avoid an embarrassing crash and burn like Destiny 1 on release.

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008

Lightning Knight posted:

I’m not sure if I agree with this, games are expensive to develop and made to make money, not to cater to us nerds who play for thousands of hours.

Imo the problem isn’t that Bungie wanted to widen the player base, the problem is that they’re morons and their design philosophy to accomplish that is incompetent even for the stated purpose. Plenty of games more or less effectively appeal to casuals without losing their core identities, and honestly I like Destiny 2 - but Destiny 2 could’ve been a much better version of what it wants to be and isn’t because they aimed for and embraced mediocrity to avoid an embarrassing crash and burn like Destiny 1 on release.

Yeah same point i was trying to make just longer. Theyve favoured one over the other and to me it seems like a cynical money focused grab

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

hitchensgoespop posted:

Yeah same point i was trying to make just longer. Theyve favoured one over the other and to me it seems like a cynical money focused grab

See I don’t think it was primarily malicious, to me it seems like a combination of them playing it safe because of the PC launch and laughable incompetence.

Malice is obviously a part of it, looking at how Eververse panned out, but this screams stupidity to me, versus something like the Battlefront 2 debacle or how Call of Duty has been since AW.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

The only malice I feel here at play was in the design sense, and only IF they had to quench our expectations following D1 to set the stage for something "better."

So far this does not really feel "better."

Waffle House fucked around with this message at 21:52 on Nov 24, 2017

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008

Lightning Knight posted:

See I don’t think it was primarily malicious, to me it seems like a combination of them playing it safe because of the PC launch and laughable incompetence.

Malice is obviously a part of it, looking at how Eververse panned out, but this screams stupidity to me, versus something like the Battlefront 2 debacle or how Call of Duty has been since AW.

I dont think its stupidity, its just shallow

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

I think Heavy Ammo works the way it does in PVP...

...because (merely) FOUR people with Wardcliff coils would be able to BLanket any arena with rockets and hold the heavy spawns E Z

C411
Jun 22, 2004
STUPID
DICK
i'm the bungie employee that had to make a unique build of destiny 2 for our crucible trailer in a game where "more exciting to watch on twitch" was a design goal

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Gonna lol if Dreamkeepers at Bungie get fired over salt, but it was just a ploy all along for Activision to take more control, change nothing, deliver less, and "reduce costs"

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008

C411 posted:

i'm the bungie employee that had to make a unique build of destiny 2 for our crucible trailer in a game where "more exciting to watch on twitch" was a design goal

Or where "make landing shots less important"

Im fact why not just make a game where all you do is mash the game pad as fast as you can and the game does the rest.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Would definitely play a Destiny with Arkham style gameplay

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D

Lightning Knight posted:

to avoid an embarrassing crash and burn like Destiny 1 on release.

People kept playing D1 though.

I log on and its a wasteland. Even those twitch wankers who make their living playing this game or playing nothing at or all some awful shot like fortnight.

Thats when you know.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

CheeseFactory posted:

People kept playing D1 though.

I log on and its a wasteland. Even those twitch wankers who make their living playing this game or playing nothing at or all some awful shot like fortnight.

Thats when you know.

You mean to tell me that the multinational corporations don’t actually understand their audience and make decisions that benefit them in the short and medium term to their long term detriment?

:aaaaa:

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

http://www.pcgamer.com/hidden-scaling-in-destiny-2-may-be-drastically-reducing-xp-gains/

edit: actual link to Bungie statement

https://www.bungie.net/en/Explore/Detail/News/46494

How are they so bad at this

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

“We got caught”

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
"We got caught and the backlash against loot boxes is in full swing, tactical retreat"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

:eyepop: