Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

The bonds of blood transcend all others.
But no blood runs stronger than that of Sanguinius
Grimey Drawer

Corrode posted:

gently caress are the bolter dudes like 135pts now? I might have to get them back in at that rate.

I'm literally going to fill my fast attack slots up with these things in every list. They're the same concept as my jump pack storm bolter vets but better in every single way. Maybe two bolter squads and one plasma along with a Captain and the jump pack lieutenant that I will hopefully be getting. That 18" range will make placement so much easier.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Artum
Feb 13, 2012

DUN da dun dun da DUUUN
Soiled Meat

Pendent posted:

Remember when the bolters were like 225 for a squad? Someone dropped the ball pretty hard given that these models have seen an almost 50% price drop from when they were first released.

Who the gently caress though they should go from 159 for a squad in dark imperium to 225 in imperium 1.

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice
Malanthropes are 140pts now. I was expecting 120ish, but drat.

I just hope they dropped Dimachaerons & Hierodules down in line with the codex units

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Hero of hormagaunts everywhere!
Buglord

xtothez posted:

I just hope they dropped Dimachaerons & Hierodules down in line with the codex units

The sting of this is somewhat lessened by Spore Cysts and the Kraken relic but still :(

dexefiend
Apr 25, 2003

THE GOGGLES DO NOTHING!
Well poo poo! My 18 Inceptors with Assault Bolters just got a lot better!

Soulfucker
Feb 15, 2012

i,m going to kill myself on friday #wow #whoa
Fun Shoe

xtothez posted:

I'll still run them I think, they were a steal for 90 points. 140 is a lot but not nonviable I think.

xtothez posted:

I have an unreasonable need to know this, where is the source for this new information?

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Next preview for CA: Campgains.

And a new Slytherin game Gladius: Relics of War

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Pendent posted:

I'm literally going to fill my fast attack slots up with these things in every list. They're the same concept as my jump pack storm bolter vets but better in every single way. Maybe two bolter squads and one plasma along with a Captain and the jump pack lieutenant that I will hopefully be getting. That 18" range will make placement so much easier.

Let's say 3 squads of 3, for 405pts.

27 T5 Sv3+ wounds putting out 54 S5 shots, BS3+. Effective range 30", no penalty for moving.

At CA points costs you get 3 Asscan Razorbacks for 70 + 44 = 114pts, or 3 for 342pts. 36 S6 shots on 30 T7 Sv3+ wounds. Effective range of 36", but you're at -1 for moving, plus you don't have Fly. You do save 63pts though.

3 squads, 3 Assbacks and 8-12 lascannons looks like a solid foundation.

Bombogenesis
Mar 27, 2010

Mekkatorque 2016
Dinosaur Gum

goose willis posted:

I'm kind of underwhelmed at Mantic's Black Friday sales so far

Like I want them to put their new Imperial Guard looking guys on sale but nooooo

FLGS sold off all their Mantic stuff on clearance today for 50% off. A large neckbeard bought most of it as soon as the store opened. I got some Kabalite warriors for $1/model :smuggo:

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

MY LIFE GOAL IS TO STICK A FLESHLIGHT INTO THE END OF A HOWITZER AND FUCK THE SHIT OUT OF IT

xtothez posted:

This is a good joke.......

:negative:

Artum
Feb 13, 2012

DUN da dun dun da DUUUN
Soiled Meat

Corrode posted:

Let's say 3 squads of 3, for 405pts.

27 T5 Sv3+ wounds putting out 54 S5 shots, BS3+. Effective range 30", no penalty for moving.

18 wounds, they're not any tougher.

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

Grimey Drawer
They're tougher in the sense that you get to keep them off the table in reserves so you don't have to worry about losing them before they shoot. They're also far more useful in that deepstriking allows you to punish mistakes that your opponent makes with positioning. Fly also gives you more flexibility in that you can tie up an enemy vehicle or something one then and then get to shoot the next. Inceptors are going to be extremely my poo poo. I'm really hoping Dante gets some cool aura so that I can drop him alongside a few squads to wreck everything in sight.

Pendent fucked around with this message at 21:52 on Nov 24, 2017

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
How do they hold up to asscan tarantulas? Same price, more mobile, less firepower, fewer wounds.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Artum posted:

18 wounds, they're not any tougher.

Oh I thought they had an extra wound before, 18 then.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
Markerlight Uplink just single handedly made me keep two Cadre Fireblades in my Tau list.

R0ckfish
Nov 18, 2013

Strobe posted:

Markerlight Uplink just single handedly made me keep two Cadre Fireblades in my Tau list.

It does mean that it is far more likely that you can get 5 lights on a target each turn, a fireblade and a 5+ unit of pathfinders is all but guaranteed to get enough on target. Almost even more importantly this means that you can have a few sources spread around such that you have a decent chance of having enough survive into later turns of the game to get +1bs. Potentially you could even have two targets marked first turn without a ridiculous investment.

Cainer
May 8, 2008

TKIY posted:

So according to the Twitch stream, Celestine is now 350pts.

Holy poo poo.

Woof, she's used a ton at the LFGS but maybe now my sisters won't be putting her in the ground so often.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

R0ckfish posted:

It does mean that it is far more likely that you can get 5 lights on a target each turn, a fireblade and a 5+ unit of pathfinders is all but guaranteed to get enough on target. Almost even more importantly this means that you can have a few sources spread around such that you have a decent chance of having enough survive into later turns of the game to get +1bs. Potentially you could even have two targets marked first turn without a ridiculous investment.

Bingo. Fireblades having a 2+ markerlight that drops an average of 3 stacks is worth a lot. It means the entire army gets significantly more mobile because you can average a first shot to negate heavy weapon penalties.

Or on a Mont'ka you can get the +1/reroll even if your entire markerlight corps advanced.

Artum
Feb 13, 2012

DUN da dun dun da DUUUN
Soiled Meat

The shrieking but interesting hellscape that is 40kg posted:

Helping set up the open day displays right now. Things ive seen

>The Lion is here
>Primaris jetbikes
>FW slideshow includes early WIP pics of sanguinius
>Theres titanicus models
>Theres preview pics for noise marines and phoenix terminators
>FW has a sculpt of an arbites judge with a cyber mastiff
>Ynnari have new exclusive units coming out, not mentioned what they are

Interesting if true. primaris jetbikes would help my mobility troubles if the price is right.

If those lion leaks are accurate and hes strictly better guilliman I'm gonna flip a table, I'm already disinclined to bring guilliman with him being so damned powerful.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Artum posted:

If those lion leaks are accurate and hes strictly better guilliman I'm gonna flip a table, I'm already disinclined to bring guilliman with him being so damned powerful.

Bring both.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Bigly jetbikes can go right to hell. Give me plastic dickbikes.

Artum
Feb 13, 2012

DUN da dun dun da DUUUN
Soiled Meat
Bigly moritati, Bigly cataphractii, give me ALLLLLLLL the legion marine poo poo.

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

Phoenix Terminators? Huh.

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
Curious about unique Ynnari units. Suicide Elves ho?

Soviet Commubot
Oct 22, 2008

If I could pre-order that Arbites judge right now I would, I don't even need to see it.

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC

Soviet Commubot posted:

If I could pre-order that Arbites judge right now I would, I don't even need to see it.

I'll hold my judgement until I can see the squareness of it's chin.

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

MY LIFE GOAL IS TO STICK A FLESHLIGHT INTO THE END OF A HOWITZER AND FUCK THE SHIT OUT OF IT

xtothez posted:

Surprise motherfuckers, they made the heirodules more expensive :laffo:

Groetgaffel
Oct 30, 2011

Groetgaffel smacked the living shit out of himself doing 297 points of damage.

Technowolf posted:

And a new Slytherin game Gladius: Relics of War
Please be good
Please be good
Please be good

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice

Hencoe posted:

Surprise motherfuckers, they made the heirodules more expensive :laffo:

Barbed goes up by 2pts net due to the scytal points changes, Scythed is down by 30, Harridan down by 38.

It's worth noting that while the Hierophant went up by 10%, nearly all the equivalent or bigger titan units went up by 30-60%. Warhounds are now the same points as a Hierophant and not as good, Warlords have gone from 4000 to 6000. Looks like a pretty straightforward way to take titans out of ~2k tournament lists.

Celestine is 200pts in the leaked pics. The guys on twitch earlier must have been drunk or something.

xtothez fucked around with this message at 01:53 on Nov 25, 2017

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

Grimey Drawer
Jetbikes? How weird would it be for Marine to actually have several viable choices for fast attack?

R0ckfish
Nov 18, 2013
My last two weeks have been decently productive, I just finished some Zoanthropes and last week I did 20 hormagaunts

it would be difficult to get 20 gauts in a picture so have 5 of them instead

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

xtothez posted:

Barbed goes up by 2pts net due to the scytal points changes, Scythed is down by 30, Harridan down by 38.

It's worth noting that while the Hierophant went up by 10%, nearly all the equivalent or bigger titan units went up by 30-60%. Warhounds are now the same points as a Hierophant and not as good, Warlords have gone from 4000 to 6000. Looks like a pretty straightforward way to take titans out of ~2k tournament lists.

Celestine is 200pts in the leaked pics. The guys on twitch earlier must have been drunk or something.

Oh, I was just shown the 420 base with a laughing face next to it.
They are still kinda bad.

Booley
Apr 25, 2010
I CAN BARELY MAKE IT A WEEK WITHOUT ACTING LIKE AN ASSHOLE
Grimey Drawer
I'm not near my index to check adjusted point values, but it seems like both the sicaran venator and fire raptor are dropping by 60ish points. I think I'll be running both of those a lot more.

Genghis Cohen
Jun 29, 2013
Excited to see some new Eldar models, even if they are Ynarri-specific! When is this open day thing?

I have just finished a cracking 3-way game, 1k per player. We did run into the classic problem where 2 players clash, then one comes in to clean up, but not quite in a standard way:

- Player 1, using Crimson Fists, all bikes and landspeeders, comes steaming at my Eldar, causing a few wounds but is out of rapid fire range and moving with heavy weapons; fails to get first blood.

Player 2, Space Wolves including Logan on his christmas sled, some thunderwolves, and squads in asscan razorbacks, moves up toward the action.

Player 3, me, with Eldar (Shining Spears, Vypers, 2 characters). I completely roll through the Crimson Fists army with shooting and the shining spear +autarch charges. Literally kill the entire 1k army except a landspeeder and his wounded captain.

Space Wolves then start to shoot me up. Finishing the Crimson Fists, I try to take down Logan but am a bit unlucky and he survives on 2 wounds. Space Wolf riposte guts my army.

We then fenced on tactical objectives and tried to finish each other off. Game ended turn 5, 16-15 to me (we both had good luck on our draws and accomplished loads of objectives). He had more stuff remaining, but wouldn't have been in a position to table me anyway. I was down to 2 wounded Vypers and my wounded Farseer.

Great game. Shining Spears rule. Vypers rule. Saim Hann forever.

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC

Genghis Cohen posted:

Excited to see some new Eldar models, even if they are Ynarri-specific! When is this open day thing?

Tomorrow and Sunday, Warham Community should have a live blog for it.

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice

Hencoe posted:

Oh, I was just shown the 420 base with a laughing face next to it.
They are still kinda bad.

I'm actually considering using a Scythed Hierodule again. Honestly the main thing separating them from Knights was the lack of invuln, but we have a few extra ways to mitigate that now.

I've also been checking changes for other armies and have been finding it kinda hilarious that everyone else's massive units are getting points hikes up waaaay more than Tyranids for once. Most titans are up by at least 30%, Thunderhawks and Tau'nar armour doubled in cost, and all those FW greater daemon characters got sizeable increases. Pretty sure GW don't want folks bringing all this poo poo to competitive games.

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

Grimey Drawer
Where are people seeing the the points costs for forgeworld stuff?

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer

Pendent posted:

Where are people seeing the the points costs for forgeworld stuff?

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bb5U_nflpU2/

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
I wonder if CA will fix the Tarantulas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
Taunar is 1500 base loving :lol: way to kill that list really, really dead.

A shame we didn't get any other Tau leaks.