Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011
I AM A TERRIBLE PIECE OF SHIT.

Please Condescend to me like this again.

Oh yeah condescend to me ALL DAY condescend daddy.

John Murdoch posted:

At least with Morde they intentionally decided "let's see what happens when we warp the game as much as possible to try and make a melee carry work, consequences be damned". Skarner's capture point mechanic is just pure :riot:

and somehow, they figured giving him a BKB effect wouldn't be essential there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

A bkb summoner spell could at least be a good alternative to flash.

But in reality ranged ADCs would just start running flash+bkb.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
I mean I guess they could gently caress up j4, vel'koz, or zed, but it seems pretty unlikely

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
I think riot has had more hits then misses with their visual and gameplay overhauls, Sion went from my most hated visuals -and- gameplay character to by far my favorite in both categories, there are no skills as satisfying or visceral to land then charging his Q and trying to get greedy for the extra stun duration and damage, or hitting his ult on a squishy target from across a lane and winning the game off it.

A bit of a self promotion, but I uploaded a lot of Sion clips last season here if anyone is interested in checking some out. https://www.twitch.tv/a_wizard_did_it/videos/all

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

Killed By Death posted:

Unstoppable Force is now a linear skillshot with unlimited range but you only stop upon hitting a champion; if you fail to connect you will travel off the map, never to return for the rest of the game.

I'm behind this change if Malphite orbited on and off the map like Sgt. Hammer ult for the rest of the game

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

I think every 'VGU' since Sion has been good and all of the duds have come from the 'class reworks' where they rework a bunch of champs at once. They seem to have stopped doing those luckily.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Tales of Woe posted:

I think every 'VGU' since Sion has been good and all of the duds have come from the 'class reworks' where they rework a bunch of champs at once. They seem to have stopped doing those luckily.

I think what they've realized is that doing a proper rework requires a lot of effort to make it ring true stylistically and give that champion a proper, defined place in the game. Eve was designed from the ground-up to be a jungler with her own unique strengths and weaknesses, and she's fully succeeded as a reworked champ. Comparatively, I think someone like Quinn is only being played because the quirks of itemization (specifically Lethality) have made her passably okay in toplane, and that's a direct consequence of her being one of eight or nine champions they were trying to simultaneously revamp.

Primetime
Jul 3, 2009

Vermain posted:

I think what they've realized is that doing a proper rework requires a lot of effort to make it ring true stylistically and give that champion a proper, defined place in the game. Eve was designed from the ground-up to be a jungler with her own unique strengths and weaknesses, and she's fully succeeded as a reworked champ. Comparatively, I think someone like Quinn is only being played because the quirks of itemization (specifically Lethality) have made her passably okay in toplane, and that's a direct consequence of her being one of eight or nine champions they were trying to simultaneously revamp.

To be fair, Quinn wasn't being played before her rework either. She really just feels like a bad design experiment overall, similar to Morde.

Her old ult was awful since it required an ADC to get into melee range to use, which was basically suicide when every other ADC tries to stay in the backline for a reason. Most people just used it for the execute.

Issue now is her new ult is great for a roaming top laner, and awful for an ADC, but in a game where most top laners are tanky she just screws your team comp unless she can abuse broken mechanics (like Lethality).

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
- Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan

Tales of Woe posted:

This is true I think. Going by this list of Full Relaunches in order...

http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/Champion_updates

-Karma: was a dud for a while gameplaywise. Today a hotly contested pro pick.
-Trundle: Didn't really change. Doesn't count for or against.
-Sion: Huge success.
-Poppy: Huge success.
-Taric: Huge success.
-Warwick: Huge success.
-Galio: Huge success.
-Urgot: Probably the most debatable one? He has an actual role in the game but I think some people miss his chasers. I'd call it a big win myself though.
-Evelynn: Huge success.

It's the reworks that aren't full relaunches where poo poo gets sketchy and their track record is worse. But the total remakes have been almost certainly all good for the game by a lot.

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011

I wish they would let Galio do damage again. That would be neat

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Primetime posted:

To be fair, Quinn wasn't being played before her rework either.

Sure, but neither was old Poppy. The point of a modern VGU is to boil down an existing champion's aesthetic/stylistic considerations ("Poppy is a Yordle with a big hammer that's hard to kill and smashes people into walls") and then turn that into a modern gameplay design. They weren't really able to do that with Quinn as a consequence of her being on a list with a bunch of other champions that had to be completed within a few months.

TheTofuShop
Aug 28, 2009

Rygar201 posted:

I wish they would let Galio do damage again. That would be neat

you just need to wait until like 30 minutes in, then he does damage...just not tons.

RoA / Frozen Fist / Liandry's is fun with the big boy right now.

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011

TheTofuShop posted:

you just need to wait until like 30 minutes in, then he does damage...just not tons.

RoA / Frozen Fist / Liandry's is fun with the big boy right now.

Did you see the PBE stuff they are testing on him? Nerfing his passive and E damage, giving him a scaling nuke on his W based on channel time?

Why :riot:

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

Transient People posted:

This is true I think. Going by this list of Full Relaunches in order...

http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/Champion_updates

-Karma: was a dud for a while gameplaywise. Today a hotly contested pro pick.
-Trundle: Didn't really change. Doesn't count for or against.
-Sion: Huge success.
-Poppy: Huge success.
-Taric: Huge success.
-Warwick: Huge success.
-Galio: Huge success.
-Urgot: Probably the most debatable one? He has an actual role in the game but I think some people miss his chasers. I'd call it a big win myself though.
-Evelynn: Huge success.

It's the reworks that aren't full relaunches where poo poo gets sketchy and their track record is worse. But the total remakes have been almost certainly all good for the game by a lot.

Galio was better before.

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
:wrong:

TheTofuShop
Aug 28, 2009

Rygar201 posted:

Did you see the PBE stuff they are testing on him? Nerfing his passive and E damage, giving him a scaling nuke on his W based on channel time?

Why :riot:

booo I thought he was safe after seeing the most recent patch.

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

And you could feel his features in the air
A wide smile and perfect hair
He had complete control of the rising tides
And a medicine bag hanging at his side

In the flowing blue world of the death-dealing physician
I unironically prefer old galio come at me

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

Monicro posted:

I unironically prefer old galio come at me

I would too because I could just run the other way

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011

Reality Winner posted:

I would too because I could just run the other way

As opposed to now, when you might have to take a few steps out of your way to avoid his incredibly telegraphed dash

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!
I think new Galio's abilities are a worthy update but I prefer the old lore :shrug:

gowb
Apr 14, 2005

I liked old gali0's flappy wings

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Gonna shoot wind at you and then follow it

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011

JerryLee posted:

I think new Galio's abilities are a worthy update but I prefer the old lore :shrug:

Instead wish they'd get him do actual damage

TheAnomaly
Feb 20, 2003
As far as the Visual Update, they ruined crabgot. I legit payed for a B Movie crabman and now I have some terrible Kaiju crap I never wanted.

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal
I want old Galio back as a support with this new rune system. Manalink Bond to shoot Q's all day for harass, Aerie procs with his W on the ADC to shield, Aerie shield in turn procs Athene's heal, IT'S ALL TOO BEAUTIFUL

kung fu jive
Jul 2, 2014

SOPHISTICATED DOG SHIT
What about Fiora? I never played old Fiora because I'm a new scrub, but I really enjoyed the mechanics of new Fiora when I started actually dedicating time to playing League. She's still one of my favorite champions. But I have no context because I never experience the original version.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

amazeballs posted:

What about Fiora? I never played old Fiora because I'm a new scrub, but I really enjoyed the mechanics of new Fiora when I started actually dedicating time to playing League. She's still one of my favorite champions. But I have no context because I never experience the original version.

Old Fiora was a boring ball of stats that eventually just won the game because she had an ult that made her invincible and did a zillion damage if you ever got a single target isolated or had Hydra.

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

And you could feel his features in the air
A wide smile and perfect hair
He had complete control of the rising tides
And a medicine bag hanging at his side

In the flowing blue world of the death-dealing physician
If you didnt like wind speed boost > flash > ulting into the entire enemy team as old galio and 1-shotting the enemy vayne who didn't know to buy qss because she'd never played against a galio before then I dunno what to tell you

Orv
May 4, 2011
Old Galio Q SFX was objectively one of the best sounds in the game and here we are with some vague wooshing sound. Ruined.

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

The Mash posted:

Nunu
Rammus
Volibear
Aatrox

Laffo look at this guy, Rammus ulti is bonkers since they changed it given it's a stacking slow (up to 96% or something ridiculous) and does like a 120 damage a second. That's more than Mundos W does and he's kinda notorious for standing on people with that on and waiting for them to die from the aoe.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Drone_Fragger posted:

Laffo look at this guy, Rammus ulti is bonkers since they changed it given it's a stacking slow (up to 96% or something ridiculous) and does like a 120 damage a second. That's more than Mundos W does and he's kinda notorious for standing on people with that on and waiting for them to die from the aoe.

yeah imagine an ult doing more damage than a regular no-cooldown ability

lol

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.

eat poo poo motherfucker vayne

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

There's the distinct possibility that Leona might be a little too strong right now.

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

Verviticus posted:

eat poo poo motherfucker vayne

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011

Vermain posted:

There's the distinct possibility that Leona might be a little too strong right now.

Unpossible

d0grent
Dec 5, 2004

shyvana is amazing. just stand in front of your team and dare the enemy tanks to engage you

gowb
Apr 14, 2005

d0grent posted:

shyvana is amazing. just stand in front of your team and dare the enemy tanks to engage you

Watchoo takin on on her rune wise

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

gowb posted:

Press the Attack and whatever else you want 'cause you literally need no other help.

d0grent
Dec 5, 2004

gowb posted:

Press the attack is a must have because 1 auto + Q procs it instantly since her Q counts as 2 auto attacks. I take sorcery secondary because celerity (4% movespeed + AD) is really helpful for her constant in and out playstyle in teamfights. Farm to level 6 ASAP unless there's a REALLY obvious gank to be made. At level 6 you can 1v1 anyone as long as you have room to chase them. In teamfights just fight their frontline because you will be just as tanky as their tank but you'll do more damage than them always. Build is bloodrazer and deadmans is core. You can go titanic hydra if you want a little more dmg or frozen mallet if you need help sticking to people, otherwise go full tank after that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Vermain posted:

I think you';re right (partially due to aftershock and the way it applies w/her w) but at the same time i sincerely hope they don't nerf her so hard she vanishes for like two year like they did the last time leona was popular because it seems to happen to her Constantly