Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Bust Rodd posted:

I’d love a Frazier Seinfeld Crossover where they are stuck on a plane together and the whole episode is Frasier on the aisle, Jerry by the window, just constantly nudging the guy in the middle going “geese can you believe this joker?”

But also Niles and George get into a fight and they both poise out and Roz and Elaine start off bitchy to each other but the last scene is the two of them drunk hugging in the airport bathroom

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
On drunken thought; are Frasier and Niles basically Mario and Luigi?

datajugend
Jan 15, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Bust Rodd posted:

I’d love a Frazier Seinfeld Crossover where they are stuck on a plane together and the whole episode is Frasier on the aisle, Jerry by the window, just constantly nudging the guy in the middle going “geese can you believe this joker?”

But also Niles and George get into a fight and they both poise out and Roz and Elaine start off bitchy to each other but the last scene is the two of them drunk hugging in the airport bathroom

kramer gets kenny involved in a scheme to make airplane food on the plane "its BRILLIANT jerry! think of the savings THE SAVINGS JERRY" and it ends with them burning martins cane hand

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Strike quick and hurry at him,
not caring to hit or miss.
So that you dishonor him before the judges

I remember thinking that Frasier was for smart/wealthy people when really Frasier was for dumb/poor people who didn't know anything about smart/wealthy people

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe

Verisimilidude posted:

I remember thinking that Frasier was for smart/wealthy people when really Frasier was for dumb/poor people who didn't know anything about smart/wealthy people

I'm sure your mom understood all the jokes about Jung

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Verisimilidude posted:

Frasier can be all things to all people.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Inescapable Duck posted:

On drunken thought; are Frasier and Niles basically Mario and Luigi?

(Only it's not which ones you think!)

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Applewhite posted:

(Only it's not which ones you think!)

I dunno, Frasier is the more well-rounded, active and physical one (he is, indeed, a teamster compared to Niles) while Niles and Luigi share hilariously snobby tastes, endearing cowardice and being a lot more dangerous than they really think they are.

It seems like Frasier tends to be more adaptable to dealing with things outside his comfort zone, but totally flies off the handle more easily, while Niles is neurotic and easily rattled but tends to remain a lot more calm when weird/stressful poo poo is going on.

Big City Drinkin
Oct 9, 2007

A very good

Fallen Rib
Freddy is Toad

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

I would totally play Super Crane Bros.

Mad Hamish
Jun 15, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

But who's Princess Toadstool? Is it Roz or Daphne?

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

Mad Hamish posted:

martin

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006

Mad Hamish posted:

roz = toad, the slut of mushroom kingdom

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Bulldog is Bowser.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Im rewatching Unbreakable Kimmy and they name drop Frasier at least 4 times in the first and second season

naem
May 29, 2011

Bust Rodd posted:

Im rewatching Unbreakable Kimmy and they name drop Frasier at least 4 times in the first and second season

Jimmy schimdt wants to be a clever witty show about not-rich people living in New York like SO BAD

but as a not-rich person who lived in New York for several years I couldn't relate to any of it

datajugend
Jan 15, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
AUDI NEIGHBOUR

the perfect avatar...

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
Heh, more like Unwatchable Kimmy Schmidt :smug:

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

it really isnt very good
but its a shame that it isnt very good

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

Oh, yeah. Loud and clear. Emphasis on LOUD!
~ David Lee Roth

Bust Rodd posted:

30 Rock made me legit wish for a Frasier reunion.

I should know. I'm Frajer. :grin:

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
UKS is a good show for season 1, but then Season 2 does absolutely nothing for 12 episodes that they had t already done in season 1. I’m gonna give Season 3 a watch but the magic is gone.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
Has anybody seen The Perfect Host?

I liked it.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

mojo1701a posted:

30 Rock made me legit wish for a Frasier reunion.

I should know. I'm Frajer. :grin:

30 Rock was the best sitcom on the air for its time. Loved that show.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Lol the opening of Mr robot tonight has Joey bada$$ theoligizing about them crane boys. S3e7

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
LoL ok by Season 3 of Unbreakable the Frasier references are up to 8 references in 39 episodes and a BAFFLING 7 references to Crank Yankers lol

naem
May 29, 2011

I like the part in kimmy schist where the writers don't know if their intended audience are "non-rich people who wished they lived in NYC" or "rich people who live in NYC and don't understand not-rich people"

I also like the part where both of those two groups are viciously, heartlessly made fun of and portrayed like, weirdly inaccurately

naem
May 29, 2011

"gently caress u potential audience!!"

-Kenny Scheiss

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

le cigar volant

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT
The flying cigar.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Bust Rodd posted:

Yeah I mean housing is terrible in lots of places but people don’t understand that NYC is on a completely different level than the rest of the US when it comes to housing costs.

You were almost exactly correct! The today show ran a story about tv apartments and they said that apartment in Midtown Manhattan in the 90’s would be $3,400 (which puts it in the $5,000/month range now LOLOLOL)

I made my smaller estimates because I thought he was in Brooklyn or much closer to the Bronx

One house that didn’t make sense was Full House, because it was like a four story town house but like 2 full sized families lived in it and it had like 4-5 adults contributing at any given moment and they were all in showbizness (Full House was weird)

Those were the Painted Ladies, one of, if not the most prestigious houses in San Francisco. I think Alice Walker owns one

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

I always felt that while you didn't need to be a rich bastard to laugh at Frasier, if you ARE rich, and especially in Seattle, you probably know someone like Frasier and/or Niles. And possibly Maris.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
I’m Maris irl ama

Bushmaori
Mar 8, 2009

Calaveron posted:

I’m Maris irl ama

How did you manage to press the keys hard enough to type?

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Bushmaori posted:

How did you manage to press the keys hard enough to type?

Paid a man to do it obviously

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time
I just watched Frasier a few minutes ago

Bushmaori
Mar 8, 2009

Calaveron posted:

Paid a man to do it obviously

What would you pay this man to do?

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
In retrospect the one thing that sucked about the flashback episode in season 3 of when Frasier arrives in Seattle and does his first show is that KG does NOT do his hair like it was in S1 (horrible) and keeps it as it was in S3 (closer to how it was in the rest of the series)

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Frasier’s S1-2 haircut is an Anathema. You will NEVER see hair like that on TV again unless it’s like a direct reference to this show

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

It's just your bog standard hockey hair. :shrug: