Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer
disco lando is now doing damage control and loads of squadron 42 information (by that I mean nothing) on the badnewsbaron stream

https://www.twitch.tv/badnewsbaron

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
US purchases have a 19% VAT applied at the moment. it's "being worked on" lol

lollllllllllll

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
they are now showing star wars clips on the star citizen stream

thank you

thank you CIG so loving much

Pantsbird
Nov 12, 2017

by Lowtax

TheAgent posted:

disco lando is now doing damage control and loads of squadron 42 information (by that I mean nothing) on the badnewsbaron stream

Baron has done something like 8 hours of streaming 3.0 in the last two days and I don't think he managed to complete a single quest due to crashes and bugs. Sometimes he's been close to tears in frustration, but he's still managing to softball Lando's talking points with a smile.

Actually feel like throwing up.

edit: Should have said "handling Disco's soft balls"

Pantsbird fucked around with this message at 21:17 on Nov 24, 2017

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

that new jpeg costs 80 bux for warbond or 90 bux with store credit

and it has lti

it's going to sell well

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler

Daztek posted:

that new jpeg costs 80 bux for warbond or 90 bux with store credit

and it has lti

it's going to sell well

Warbond meaning fresh cash only in this case. Cha, Ching. My 6.4 million might have been on the low side.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
hahahaha their website is down

I love it

I goddamn love this

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
holy poo poo

disco lando "gamers have been ridiculously catered to"

and phew the webstore is back up after a temp 502

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

Star Citizen is good. Please support CIG.

This thread is Star Citizen

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

TheAgent posted:

holy poo poo

Heaven loving help people for enjoying their entertainment.

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

TheAgent posted:

holy poo poo

I'm starting to suspect that the people running the show and talking about how that show is being run are maybe bad people.

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

This entire enterprise is deception all the way down. "Your favorite Anvil ships." There are no functioning ships in this alpha, and the few that are there are a small fraction of what was promised. Nobody cares what "Anvil" is, nobody has a "favorite"; even amongst the most fervent backers there's nothing but disappointment mixed with naive optimism.

Don't let that stop you, CIG, from implying a healthy game state and an engaged "player" base by implying they have "favorite Anvil ships" as if anyone on the entire planet knows what your loving poo poo niche product is, or knows/cares anything about your brain-dead derivative lore.

Chris, take a break from the 24/7 misinformation campaign, grab your wife, and the two of you take a well-deserved vacation. I hear Malaysian Airlines has some good deals.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
hey disco lando you idiot

games were not always $60 for the last 30 years

most games for PC or console were 49.99 or less (39.99 as well) and there was a huge loving stink about the average price being raised to 59.99 around 2005

also shipping physical disks vs online distribution is way more loving expensive because of manufacturing, shipping and retail space

goddamn you are an idiot

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

BlancoNino
Apr 26, 2010
It's almost as if everyone involved with Star Citizen is a huge piece of poo poo.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

lazorexplosion
Mar 19, 2016

:laugh:

intardnation
Feb 18, 2016

I'm going to space!

:gary: :yarg:

TheAgent posted:

hey disco lando you idiot

games were not always $60 for the last 30 years

most games for PC or console were 49.99 or less (39.99 as well) and there was a huge loving stink about the average price being raised to 59.99 around 2005

also shipping physical disks vs online distribution is way more loving expensive because of manufacturing, shipping and retail space

goddamn you are an idiot

just got banned for saying 60 bucks plus 50 season pass and 30 bucks dlc moron - how much more for a game. If you cant make a game at that profit get out of the industry and dont forget these guys
sell packages for 15000.

Nicholas
Mar 7, 2001

Were those not fine days, when we drank of clear honey, and spoke in calm tones of our love for the stuff?
so 3.0 is only available to people who sub? can i say i called it?

Nicholas posted:

The bandwidth and compute costs for 3.0 is going to really hurt CIG if it ever does go public. It's so poorly optimized that even a handful of players would cost them hundreds or even thousands of dollars per day. They'll need a corresponding increase monthly revenue just to make up for it. I think they'll be introducing a manditory subscription fee around the same time.

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

This is correct.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

No, seriously... what kurds?!
What's more hilarious is that this post is downvoted to oblivion.

Terebus
Feb 17, 2007

Pillbug
DiscoLando is giving out some really hot takes on loot crates, game prices, and other gaming industry issues. He's speaking as a game "developer".

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

https://twitter.com/dawnofevil/status/934095748156805122
https://twitter.com/dawnofevil/status/934109325206925312
https://twitter.com/dawnofevil/status/934110355437088769

VictorianQueerLit
Aug 25, 2017

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A6IKaLF4Fqc

intardnation
Feb 18, 2016

I'm going to space!

wow he doesnt like dissension and people making counter points in the chat against lando.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

https://twitter.com/real_lethality/status/933826316582965250
https://twitter.com/real_lethality/status/933843953354444800
https://twitter.com/real_lethality/status/933868287846486016
https://twitter.com/real_lethality/status/934109391690895360

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
lol the entire website is on loving fire, I can't even get into my hanger

fuel years more of this poo poo, backers. throw your goddamn money away for my entertainment

intardnation
Feb 18, 2016

I'm going to space!

TheAgent posted:

lol the entire website is on loving fire, I can't even get into my hanger

fuel years more of this poo poo, backers. throw your goddamn money away for my entertainment

Why cant lando keep a job agent? Why?

VictorianQueerLit
Aug 25, 2017

Terebus posted:

DiscoLando is giving out some really hot takes on loot crates, game prices, and other gaming industry issues. He's speaking as a game "developer".

I like how the most visible "professional" star citizen streamer is talking endlessly about the games he really likes to play like Warframe.

"This has been my off-stream obsession for weeks now"

No they aren't being paid to struggle through a barely working tech demo to try and sell millions of dollars of lies, why would you think that? This is just a cool dude playing the game he loves and not at all a job.

He's better at pretending he doesn't hate the game than WTFOSaurus though. That guy looks like a prisoner of war all the time.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
I think he might be tremendously inept

but um really, I can think of plenty of other reasons

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

VictorianQueerLit posted:

I like how the most visible "professional" star citizen streamer is talking endlessly about the games he really likes to play like Warframe.

"This has been my off-stream obsession for weeks now"

No they aren't being paid to struggle through a barely working tech demo to try and sell millions of dollars of lies, why would you think that? This is just a cool dude playing the game he loves and not at all a job.

He's better at pretending he doesn't hate the game than WTFOSaurus though. That guy looks like a prisoner of war all the time.
WTFO has the depressions :smith:

TheAgent posted:

I think he might be tremendously inept

but um really, I can think of plenty of other reasons
You mean posting on an internet forum compulsively doesn't make me a professional? Lando just did super bad cosplay and religiously posted poo poo at CIG and lo and behold he became a pro.

ProLando.

serious norman
Dec 13, 2007

im pickle rick!!!!
is the game out yet?

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

serious norman posted:

is the game out yet?

You're playing it. Star Citizen is good.

Abuminable
Mar 30, 2017

Now, aside from the Abuminable, business goes on as usual.
From today's video about the bounty hunting profession:

quote:

What we'll be doing in the future is releasing bounty hunting mechanics that will be focused on, uhh, subduing the player or actually, umm, when you kill them and getting, umm, payment back [hard edit] In the future when you subdue a player, the idea would be that you would take their body, umm, put them into the cargo hold or into the, the stasis, umm, containers that we have and then, uhh, basically deliver them to the Advocacy Office for your payment and that payment will be different than if you actually kill them and then, uhh, return them that way.

So, if a player is captured, umm, and then they are taken back to the Advocacy Office, the idea would be that you are waking up inside a prison and at that point you will have to serve your time. So whether that is, uhh, breaking rocks or doing other menial tasks around the prison, umm, then you'll have to do that or you can risk, uhh, actual jail break, and, uhh, if you and your friends want to try to break yourself out and then from there you'll continue as a wanted man.

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

Finally, a spaceship game where rather than flying around shooting stuff in a spaceship, I can indulge in the perfection that is sitting down in a room and doing nothing, my dreams are now fulfilled and my nipples explode with delight.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Raskolnikov posted:

You mean posting on an internet forum compulsively doesn't make me a professional? Lando just did super bad cosplay and religiously posted poo poo at CIG and lo and behold he became a pro.

ProLando.
lando is now discussing disney films and die hard

and not answering a single question in chat about 3.0 or star citizen

that's actually a pro tier move, since its all poo poo

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Terebus posted:

Jesus this is cringe.
The inane chat inbetween 'loading' is loving depressing.
Atm Lando is raging on Beauty and the Beast.
I wish he was more passionate about making SC work.

Pantsbird
Nov 12, 2017

by Lowtax

Raskolnikov posted:

WTFO has the depressions :smith:

I was watching WFTOsaurus the other day and, honest to God, I didn't know that the Twitch streamers can see the comments on the right side (I thought it was just for spectators to chat in, and that the streamers got their questions and comments through a different system).

So I asked in the chat 'how much do these internet beggars get paid?' Then WTFO makes a disgusted face and tells me to gently caress off, and bans me. I almost fell out of my chair, I was so surprised the man in the TV had suddenly said my name. Like imagine if you were watching Oprah and Oprah looked at you from out of the screen and spoke at you directly.

He looked sad for the rest of the stream. I hope it wasn't because what I said. :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Abuminable posted:

From today's video about the bounty hunting profession:

lol