Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

IT'S YOUR BOY JESUS, MANE

The Diddler posted:

Is it just me, or did they change GW without requiring a restart? I've been topping out at node 9 forever, and was at 6 when the client restart happened. I was able to blaze thru the rest with little issue.

iirc only the current node you're on is "locked" to whatever you left it at, so maybe that's it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

The Diddler posted:

Is it just me, or did they change GW without requiring a restart? I've been topping out at node 9 forever, and was at 6 when the client restart happened. I was able to blaze thru the rest with little issue.

Yep you're right. My eighth-best team (Sith @ 62k) just autoed the whole thing without a restart/reseed.

Well that's better than not being able to beat it at all, with two 100k+ teams (Rogue and Empire) and about four 80k-90k teams.

WerrWaaa
Nov 5, 2008

I can make all your dreams come true.
Based on past experience, will the double drop days last the entire full 24-hour cycle of the 24 and 25th?

*edit: adding characters to the guild rotation means I'll see the characters I want less, yes?

WerrWaaa fucked around with this message at 01:37 on Nov 23, 2017

Zachack
Jun 1, 2000

Canemacar posted:

So, that free Zeta was pretty cool, but I think we can all agree the three Chewie shards were the real prize.

3 shards were exactly what I needed to bring Chewie up to 5* so I wasn't sure if the gift was 3 shards or a 5* that I didn't get to take big advantage of.

Blitzing through gw with my CLS team is pretty sweet.

MichiganCubbie
Dec 11, 2008

I love that I have an erection...

...that doesn't involve homeless people.

WerrWaaa posted:

Based on past experience, will the double drop days last the entire full 24-hour cycle of the 24 and 25th?

*edit: adding characters to the guild rotation means I'll see the characters I want less, yes?

Yes, but with Pacific time, so it usually starts at 3 am for me.

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003
Is Tony Starck going to be a "must have" for whatever new thing there is?

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

UmOk posted:

Is Tony Starck going to be a "must have" for whatever new thing there is?

He's one of the featured characters for DS TB, so he'll be required for some of the battles like Cold Han is for LS.

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

It's not about butthole pleasures
Lipstick Apathy
Starck also seems like he's uniquely suited to TB, kind of like cold han.

TheAnomaly
Feb 20, 2003

Cactus posted:

I love that they put those in there. It's exactly what I would have done.

It's also the first gift in the list, IIRC, so it feels like a giant "gently caress you" until you click on the next letter out of the 7-8 that get dumped in your mailbox.

Mister Blueberry
Feb 17, 2010

Mike, Steve, what the hell
They put relevant toons in the guild shop! Yay!

Edit: and carbantis, mk3 holos, cuffs, goldeneyes, greens that take ages to farm for just 100 tokens. Man this is great... This should have been done when g12 was released , but whatever

Mister Blueberry fucked around with this message at 09:11 on Nov 23, 2017

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).

TheAnomaly posted:

It's also the first gift in the list, IIRC, so it feels like a giant "gently caress you" until you click on the next letter out of the 7-8 that get dumped in your mailbox.

It was the last gift on the list for me (i.e. the first gift to arrive in my inbox so it was at the bottom of the list)

Mister Blueberry posted:

They put relevant toons in the guild shop! Yay!

Relevant for some, not for others.

It will be harder to get Jyn, Rex, Sabine and RTrooper now, which are heroes that everyone should have a few of.

Mister Blueberry
Feb 17, 2010

Ineptitude posted:

It was the last gift on the list for me (i.e. the first gift to arrive in my inbox so it was at the bottom of the list)

Relevant for some, not for others.

It will be harder to get Jyn, Rex, Sabine and RTrooper now, which are heroes that everyone should have a few of.

Well i was using guild currency for shard shop dump 100%. I have all the toons i need there but now, i can directly buy some gear with those? i mean 560 guild tokens for 10 carbantis is great, you needed to spend 800 to get 10 shards, then convert them to only be able to buy 6 carbantis in shard shop. Win situation

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.
I'm guessing since they released Vet Han and Vet Chewie to the cantina, that they will definitely be required for Rey's journey. Better start farming! I hope we don't need both at 7* like for CLS.

Rabbi Tupac
Jan 1, 2010

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
So Thrawn is back and I'm finding my Phoenix Squad lacking. They're all 7 Star and I can't even complete the 6 star challenge, I'm not max level (only 81) so they're mostly sitting around the 70s. What sort of gear level should I try to get them all to and what mods should I prioritize for them?

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Rabbi Tupac posted:

So Thrawn is back and I'm finding my Phoenix Squad lacking. They're all 7 Star and I can't even complete the 6 star challenge, I'm not max level (only 81) so they're mostly sitting around the 70s. What sort of gear level should I try to get them all to and what mods should I prioritize for them?

Level 80, with several omega's (Ezra and Kanan at the bare minimum), GL8 (at least) and great mods, particularly speed on ezra and hera, potency on zeb and protection on kanan and chopper.
With all this it will require many attempts and great RNG to succeed.

With most/all omegas bought, GL9 and good mods it will still require good RNG.

Thrawn 7* is hard, much harder than Palpie, Yoda and R2D2.

KM Scorchio
Feb 13, 2008

"If you don't find rape hilarious, you're a sensitive crybaby."

Rabbi Tupac posted:

Sounds like I’m around the same level and 6 is kicking my arse as well with everyone at g8.

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003

Rabbi Tupac posted:

I have G10 Ezra, G9 Kanan, and everyone else G8. All level 85 with Omegas. I still cant beat it

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
G8 is probably overly optimistic. Not saying its impossible as a handful of us did it at that level, but expect a LOT of frustration across multiple attempts (RC Cola logged over 100).

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

UmOk posted:

I have G10 Ezra, G9 Kanan, and everyone else G8. All level 85 with Omegas. I still cant beat it

Chopper or sabine?

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003

Chilichimp posted:

Chopper or sabine?

Chopper. Going to bump Zeb up to G9 I guess

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

Rich Kid of Insurancegram

Canemacar posted:

So, that free Zeta was pretty cool, but I think we can all agree the three Chewie shards were the real prize.

:agreed: I laughed my rear end off at the troll prize.

I hate the Thrawn event. I'll probably switch over my arena mods on to Phoenix and try to G9 one or two of them.

Now, to figure out what to do with that Zeta. I have both of R2's, binds all things, zFinn, zKylo.

I'm not sure who do do next. Vader maybe for HAAT or Maul for a stronger Sith team.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

fishtobaskets posted:

G8 is probably overly optimistic. Not saying its impossible as a handful of us did it at that level, but expect a LOT of frustration across multiple attempts (RC Cola logged over 100).

200 is when I stopped counting

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

UmOk posted:

Chopper. Going to bump Zeb up to G9 I guess

You can do it, you just need the right RNG heading into the final fight.

You've got better gear than I did when I beat it. Probably took me 30-40 tries.

BobTheDestroyer
Dec 21, 2011

Chilichimp posted:

I noticed my chopper going down too hard and swapped out a speed set for survivability, got the right RNG and finished it first try. It's luck/gear

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

So I’m taking a cruise next week. Monday through Friday. Please don’t kick me from QGJ for inactivity. I swear I’ll be back.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Are we somehow less important to you than the money your wallet would bleed if you used cruiseliner internet?

Huh?

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003

Chilichimp posted:

Last time someone suggested to mod exclusively for health and protection and not worry about speed. This sound right?

Mister Blueberry
Feb 17, 2010

UmOk posted:

Last time someone suggested to mod exclusively for health and protection and not worry about speed. This sound right?

Yeah, that's how i did it and people in my guild that tried with speed mods failed miserably. Once they took my advice to put shitloads of protection and health on kanan, zeb and chopper, they ALL cleared it on gear 8.

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009
Soooo... Dark Side TB.

I guess it was too much to hope that it would be tested or anything before it got pushed out?

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003

Nipponophile posted:

Soooo... Dark Side TB.

I guess it was too much to hope that it would be tested or anything before it got pushed out?

I have a bit invested in Vader and EP but I couldn't beat the special mission.

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.

Nipponophile posted:

Soooo... Dark Side TB.

Yes, it was. We'll get some compensation crystals and loot, they'll fix it for next week. S.O.P. at Capital Games.

Canemacar
Mar 8, 2008

So I can't decide who to round out my arena squad with. I've got CLS leading with his Binds zeta, R2 with his Number Crunch zeta, Thrawn, and Raid Han who is getting my next zeta. I'd like to use Kenobi, but we aren't ready for HAAT yet. Any suggestions?

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Canemacar posted:

So I can't decide who to round out my arena squad with. I've got CLS leading with his Binds zeta, R2 with his Number Crunch zeta, Thrawn, and Raid Han who is getting my next zeta. I'd like to use Kenobi, but we aren't ready for HAAT yet. Any suggestions?

No General Kenobi? Use Old Ben. He synergizes well with Thrawns basic and has an annoying taunt to clear, and also counter-attacks under CLS lead.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

UmOk posted:

I'm also struggling with Chopper. My Sabine has crap GL and isn't 7* so she isn't an option. This feels like the hardest challenge in the game I have seen.

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

Nipponophile posted:

Soooo... Dark Side TB.

Why what's up with it? (other than stage 4 being hard as balls)

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Canemacar posted:

I think I mentioned it in discord but OB is pretty great w CLS. My arena whale quit a month ago and left cls/rhan/leia/r2/ob as his squad. He's still in the top 20. It is very difficult to prevent OB from getting mind tricks off without thrawn, and in arena that is nearly a match ender.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

The key to Thrawn for me (G10 Ezra, G9 Chopper and Zeb, G8 Hera and Kanan. All omegas and mods maxed, etc) was:

1. Ezra has to go first in the final wave to clear the taunt off the ST so I could start DPSing the DTs. I guess Chopper can do it, too, but Ezra needs to go very early on to get his Push Through buff started. I pretty much ignored the ST until he taunted much later in the wave after clearing taunt the first time.

2. Bouncing taunts back and forth between Kanan and Chopper to keep everyone else alive. Kanan and Hera have to stay alive to keep the counter attacks running so you can DPS the hell out of the DTs when they throw grenades. This team sucks rear end without counters and there's no way to win if Kanan or Hera drops early on.

3. Keep dazing/stunning Thrawn whenever possible.

4. It's really hard to out-DPS the heals from the Commanders so you need to kill at least 1 before you can take down Thrawn

5. RNG is a fickle bitch

TheAnomaly
Feb 20, 2003

Vulpes posted:

I'm guessing since they released Vet Han and Vet Chewie to the cantina, that they will definitely be required for Rey's journey. Better start farming! I hope we don't need both at 7* like for CLS.

definitely. They also added Falcon shards to the shop, and I'm willing to bet you'll need a 7* Millenium Falcon as well.

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

IT'S YOUR BOY JESUS, MANE

tadashi posted:

The key to Thrawn for me (G10 Ezra, G9 Chopper and Zeb, G8 Hera and Kanan. All omegas and mods maxed, etc) was:

1. Ezra has to go first in the final wave to clear the taunt off the ST so I could start DPSing the DTs. I guess Chopper can do it, too, but Ezra needs to go very early on to get his Push Through buff started. I pretty much ignored the ST until he taunted much later in the wave after clearing taunt the first time.

2. Bouncing taunts back and forth between Kanan and Chopper to keep everyone else alive. Kanan and Hera have to stay alive to keep the counter attacks running so you can DPS the hell out of the DTs when they throw grenades. This team sucks rear end without counters and there's no way to win if Kanan or Hera drops early on.

3. Keep dazing/stunning Thrawn whenever possible.

4. It's really hard to out-DPS the heals from the Commanders so you need to kill at least 1 before you can take down Thrawn

5. RNG is a fickle bitch

Not to dispute that Hera dying is probably bad, but: you definitely lose counters if Kanan dies but the only part of Hera's lead that disappears when she dies is the extra 20/40% TM gain whenever someone uses a special. People still share uniques even if she's gone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

X_ThePerfect
Jul 31, 2010
I restarted this game - having not played for a really long time. I've been through the OP and added myself to the spreadsheet, but am still a bit clueless. Is it worth splurging all my crystals on arena for an initial boost? Looking at the rankings for my shard, the top 50 includes some really weak teams so I should be able to get there easily enough if I had more opportunities.

Are there any spaces in goon guilds? Although I appreciate I probably can't contribute anything at this point!