Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

Bender: "I was God once." God: "Yes, I saw. You were doing well until everyone died."

Eelface posted:

I hope brandi chastain becomes the timbers next coach tbh

I've seen people suggesting her for USSF President too. I know I'm loving around with the Jurgen stuff, but is she actually a coach? Has she done anything to even suggest she would be a good coach?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

B.B. Rodriguez posted:

I've seen people suggesting her for USSF President too. I know I'm loving around with the Jurgen stuff, but is she actually a coach? Has she done anything to even suggest she would be a good coach?

No and no.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Shrapnig posted:

No and no.

*The revs organization frantically falls over itself to sign her up*

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

Gigi Galli posted:

*The revs organization frantically falls over itself to sign her up*

Sounds good to me

Eelface
Jul 23, 2002

She coaches at De Anza Force women's which was the best bay area academy until the quakes got their poo poo together and also the Portland Thorns bsquad in the bay. It's not much experience but its better than just seeing the same coaches go team to team.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
If Chastain gets hired can Hope Solo become a commentator? :allears:

Tigren
Oct 3, 2003

whypick1 posted:

If Chastain gets hired can Hope Solo become a commentator? :allears:

Like we need another domestic violence doer in this league...

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
WHY ARENT THE PLAYOFF GAmES on the WEEKEND GODDAMMIT

WhY DONT they WaNT US TO WAtCH THE FOOT

Eelface
Jul 23, 2002

well I guess its better than putting the final against the nfl sunday night football, but gently caress it feels like the season is over for how long this has been

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

TheBoyBlunder posted:

:cawg:

Meanwhile now a classic “that’s so Rapids” with Hudson I’d be ok with Porter to Colorado. At least he’s a proven coach.

IIRC he's not as adverse to playing youth as Pablo was, right?

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes, look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.

paddyboat posted:

WHY ARENT THE PLAYOFF GAmES on the WEEKEND GODDAMMIT

WhY DONT they WaNT US TO WAtCH THE FOOT

Against all common sense, ratings have apparently been better for the midweek playoff games than the weekend games last year, so I suspect the madness will continue even if the rumoured move back to single elimination happens.

(note: I'm getting that from the lede, I don't have access to the rest of the article either)

edit: in other news, I am growing increasingly suspicious that Vancouver's going to lose our manager to the Wales job (not because of anything more than a gut feeling, granted - but assuming they want to give it to a Welshman there basically isn't anyone else they could afford with even vaguely relevant experience who wouldn't be terrible) and I'm honestly not sure whether to be sad or happy about it.

Dallan Invictus fucked around with this message at 17:38 on Nov 20, 2017

Jack2142
Jul 17, 2014

Shitposting in Seattle

Dallan Invictus posted:

Against all common sense, ratings have apparently been better for the midweek playoff games than the weekend games last year, so I suspect the madness will continue even if the rumoured move back to single elimination happens.

(note: I'm getting that from the lede, I don't have access to the rest of the article either)

edit: in other news, I am growing increasingly suspicious that Vancouver's going to lose our manager to the Wales job (not because of anything more than a gut feeling, granted - but assuming they want to give it to a Welshman there basically isn't anyone else they could afford with even vaguely relevant experience who wouldn't be terrible) and I'm honestly not sure whether to be sad or happy about it.

I think Tony Pulis is free atm, but I am not sure if your lumping him in with terrible.

Hungryjack
May 9, 2003

Today is the day to kick the ball.

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes, look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.

Jack2142 posted:

I think Tony Pulis is free atm, but I am not sure if your lumping him in with terrible.

I had posted this before I heard he was fired.

(also terrible or at least has a terrible reputation, also probably would want more than the FAW would likely pay considering that SUNDERLAND were able to significantly increase Coleman's salary)

Hungryjack posted:

Today is the day to kick the ball.

fuckin' FINALLY

Azerban
Oct 28, 2003

could potentially be the crew's last home playoff game. historic.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
https://twitter.com/LAGalaxy/status/933033027692765184

....okay then

Tigren
Oct 3, 2003

This was cool and good.

ZHamburglar
Aug 24, 2006
I have a penis.

Azerban posted:

could potentially be the crew's last home playoff game. historic.

Maybe if they tweet and make enough hashtags it will convince the wealthy to stop their evil plans.

Also I don't see Precourt keeping the team for too long once it is in Austin. I'm betting once the new stadium is built with the help of a foreign party, then it'll be sold off for a profit.

ZHamburglar fucked around with this message at 20:46 on Nov 21, 2017

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Full sellout for the crew, but the stadium only allowed two gates open to let people in. I’ve never seen two gates only before. Thousands of people were waiting to get in while the game kicked off. loving brazen.

Azerban
Oct 28, 2003

michael bradley is right

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

Azerban posted:

michael bradley is right

i appreciate that everyone needs to shoot fish in a barrel occasionally but your trolling is usually higher-effort than this

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

We need a Crew/Houston Cup final so we can fail to break 400k viewers for the cup final for the first time

highme
May 25, 2001

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Ok folks that pay better attention to NASL. Are there any reasons that I would not want Giovanni Saravese as the new coach for the Timbers?

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

Bender: "I was God once." God: "Yes, I saw. You were doing well until everyone died."

highme posted:

Ok folks that pay better attention to NASL. Are there any reasons that I would not want Giovanni Saravese as the new coach for the Timbers?

If you're a Portland fan, you don't. If you're a fan of any other team, you do want him as Portland coach.

Dude had the highest payroll and best team on paper for years and still lost to a team that ceased to exist as the final whistle of the Soccer Bowl blew.

TheBoyBlunder
Jul 3, 2004

Anyone else have the munchies?

Moktaro posted:

IIRC he's not as adverse to playing youth as Pablo was, right?

Hudson has coached the Bahrain and New Zealand U23 teams, as well as a brief stint as Spurs U23 coach, so...maybe? I hope?

In other news Hudson is on the move:

link

quote:

Anthony Hudson’s time as head coach of the All Whites has come to an end.

The 36-year-old Englishman, who signed on in 2014 after three years as head coach of Bahrain, was out of contract after the All Whites were beaten 2-0 by Peru in the FIFA World Cup Intercontinental Playoff and has decided to not continue with the national team.

Hudson is currently in the final stages of his contract negotiations for his next move.

There have also been secondhand reports through the peanut gallery that the Rapids have someone signed as coach, and he's behind the roster rebuild. He just hasn't been announced yet.

Rapids have signed Johan Blomberg from AIK. He's supposed to be an attacking, creative midfield type. I don't follow Swedish football at all, so...:shrug: link to the press release

TheBoyBlunder fucked around with this message at 06:27 on Nov 23, 2017

Eelface
Jul 23, 2002

quote:

The San Jose Earthquakes are set to name Mikael Stahre as their manager replacing Chris Leitch, sources have confirmed to ESPN FC.

hell ya

Tigren
Oct 3, 2003

Who is this guy and why is he better than a guy with MLS knowledge and the willingness to play the kids?

Ciprian Maricon
Feb 27, 2006

the venn diagram of people with "MLS knowledge" and good managers has basically zero overlap so maybe he's hoping for a good manager so his team does well??

r.y.f.s.o.
Mar 1, 2003
classically trained
Cross post from the toronto thread, but anyone here planning on actually going to the TFC v Crew match on wednesday? I'm staying a mile from the stadium for a week or two, with time to kill in the evenings.

I'm strangely OK with being weird and sad and going alone to the game, but thought it would be marginally less weird and sad to meet up and have a beer with strangers from the internet.

shoplifter
May 23, 2001

bored before I even began

r.y.f.s.o. posted:

Cross post from the toronto thread, but anyone here planning on actually going to the TFC v Crew match on wednesday? I'm staying a mile from the stadium for a week or two, with time to kill in the evenings.

I'm strangely OK with being weird and sad and going alone to the game, but thought it would be marginally less weird and sad to meet up and have a beer with strangers from the internet.

I'm traveling on the charter, we're arriving between 1-2pm, but I'm bringing my 9yo with me.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
e: wrong thread

r.y.f.s.o.
Mar 1, 2003
classically trained

shoplifter posted:

I'm traveling on the charter, we're arriving between 1-2pm, but I'm bringing my 9yo with me.

Cool. I haven't actually bought my ticket yet, planning on buying it tonight after some research - do you have any suggestions on the best way to purchase it? Any better or worse seats I should consider, if you know that kind of thing?

I probably wouldn't be able to be there until 3 or 4, because of work, but that should leave enough time to grab a bite or whatever, if everything works out. Kids are no worries.

shoplifter
May 23, 2001

bored before I even began
I had to buy via the Columbus SGs so if you're looking for other general seats, I can't help unfortunately

r.y.f.s.o.
Mar 1, 2003
classically trained
Cool, apparently some other folks in the TO thread are going but it doesn't seem like an awkward meetup is in the cards, really. Having been to one of the original LA goon meets, I can't blame them at all.

I'll grab whatever ticket looks good in the price range and see what happens. Safe travels, mate.

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

The first thing we do, let's kill all the cars.
Grimey Drawer
Since the Hawaii LAN thread hasn't seen any action in over two years... Anyone know where I could go to watch the Western Conference Final on Maui?

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!

Thanatosian posted:

Since the Hawaii LAN thread hasn't seen any action in over two years... Anyone know where I could go to watch the Western Conference Final on Maui?

Find out what network it's on and call local sports bars. Most places will be happy to put it on, especially if it's at an off hour.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Thanatosian posted:

It's on ESPN, so basically any bar will have it. You might not even need to ask for it to be put on.

Poonior Toilett
Aug 21, 2004

m'lady

r.y.f.s.o. posted:

Cool. I haven't actually bought my ticket yet, planning on buying it tonight after some research - do you have any suggestions on the best way to purchase it? Any better or worse seats I should consider, if you know that kind of thing?

I probably wouldn't be able to be there until 3 or 4, because of work, but that should leave enough time to grab a bite or whatever, if everything works out. Kids are no worries.

Stubhub or go through the Toronto supporter's groups boards like U-Sector or RPB, they have ticket exchange subforums

TwoStepBoog
Apr 12, 2008

Every sports bar I've gone to in my area has had no problem throwing soccer on one of the TVs, but 99% of them would rather have the jukebox/radio play over it than put the game audio on, even if I'm the only one in the bar.
There's only one bartender I've met in the city who will put the audio on every time and tell everyone else to deal with it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

TwoStepBoog posted:

Every sports bar I've gone to in my area has had no problem throwing soccer on one of the TVs, but 99% of them would rather have the jukebox/radio play over it than put the game audio on, even if I'm the only one in the bar.
There's only one bartender I've met in the city who will put the audio on every time and tell everyone else to deal with it.

Why would you want to listen to the CTE slurred musings of Taylor Twellman?

• Locked thread