Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

I'm gonna roll for Macross Delta

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I assume it's finally time for Build Fighters or G-Reco unless for some reason they hyper fast tracked IBO. I suppose Thunderbolt isn't out of the question.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

I wonder if we won't see something like Valvrave or Aldnoah.Zero.

As much as I like V I hope we just don't get alternate dimensions as a main part of the setting again.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Raxivace posted:

As much as I like V I hope we just don't get alternate dimensions as a main part of the setting again.

Doesn't seem unlikely. Valverave is one of those shows SRW would probably improve. Though unfortunately we'd probably still get the loving rape scene.

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

IBO would be pretty awesome, but so would GBF.

Macross Delta could be tricky, given how it takes place across multiple planets and their tendency to keep a series closer to canon the first time they run it. Just makes it a little harder to fit in with some other series.

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE
My wish list:
  • not V2
  • not OG
That's all I want. Don't let me down, Banpresto.

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"
I want them to do a swerve and put in not only VOTOMs, but Patlabor, and also Front Mission just to gently caress with people (preferably 5, with some added in stuff to account for the series-wide references).

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
My bet is Aldnoah.

Getsuya
Oct 2, 2013
Come on Gunparade March!

Edit: poo poo let’s go all-in on video game series. FM, Sakura Wars and Armored Core can come too!

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you

Raxivace posted:

Because multiple dimensions make the crossover so easy (and lazy) I think they might be here to stay. As long as at least some things have a shared history, like Daitarn/Nadesico I'll be happy, though I'd much prefer there to be no alternate dimension stuff at all.

I'm happy with an OGs cos I love 'em and we're due W and Alpha 3, but please no V2. I loved it a lot, but I want new!

Spark That Bled
Jan 29, 2010

Hungry for responsibility. Horny for teamwork.

And ready to
BUST A NUT
up in this job!

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP
If we're talking video games, then why not Tech Romancer and Cyberbots? The characters pretty much run the gamut of the mecha genre.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

I once again scream to the heavens

IDEOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
It’d be cool to get F91 and Victory in again.

Getsuya
Oct 2, 2013
So worst case scenario is it’s a port of something, though I wouldn’t mind a combo port of the 2 3DS ones since those are the big region locked ones that are basically impossible to get unless you have a Japanese 3DS.

I mean obviously I’m hoping it’s not a port/remake/remaster but if it is that’d be my request.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

let's play a game

Safe guess, unlikely guess, and personal wish for new series. If you're right on all three I'll buy you an av or something

Safe guess: IBO
Unlikely guess: rinne no lagrange
Wish: Netflix voltron

If you guess remake/port or og and you're right, well cry together

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Safe: Macross Delta
Unlikely guess: Knights of Sidonia
Wish: Pacific Rim

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

ImpAtom posted:

I assume it's finally time for Build Fighters or G-Reco unless for some reason they hyper fast tracked IBO. I suppose Thunderbolt isn't out of the question.
If they're debuting a new Gundam show, my money is on G-Reco or IBO, since they wouldn't need other shows to ride alongside with like Thunderbolt would most likely need. I'm not sure how they'd incorporate Build Fighters without tripling down on meta commentary and in-jokes, though.

As for me, I'm just going to hold up my "Put Transformers into SRW so I can clown on Starscream!" sign.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

In terms of returning series geass feels pretty likely, what with the movies and s3. Turn-a'd go well with Greco, not sure what Gundams'd go well with Ibo. Frozen teardrop? :v:

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Endorph posted:

In terms of returning series geass feels pretty likely, what with the movies and s3. Turn-a'd go well with Greco, not sure what Gundams'd go well with Ibo. Frozen teardrop? :v:
Obviously, Mikazuki Augus will join in battle with his silent blood brothers Sousuke Sagara, Heero Yui, Setsuna F. Seiei, Chirico Cuvie, and Rei Ayanami.

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]
Wonder if they'll include Akito the exile stuff if they include Geass again.

Feels like it would probably fit with IBO stuff pretty well.

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

Yeah, I say "Shit" a shit-ton of times. What of it, shithead?
Safe: G-Reco
Unlikely: Netflix Voltron
Wish: Ace Combat

Give me the cats and jets Banpresto.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

I hope it's a Squad System based game. I love Squad SRWs.

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

Ask me about being the best dad ever.
I need heeelp! In UX, relating to Master Therion secret requirements, does Kurou need to initiate the attack that kills him or be the one to deal the finishing blow via Support Attack?

I'd normally assume it's the former, but the DS/3DS games sometimes switch things up...

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Safe: G-reco
Unlikely: Id-0
Wish: Concrete Revolutio

Mecha Gojira
Jun 23, 2006

Jack Nissan
IBO and G-Reco would go together as well as Turn A and Gundam X.

I think what I'm saying is Xabungle.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Mecha Gojira posted:

IBO and G-Reco would go together as well as Turn A and Gundam X.

I think what I'm saying is Xabungle.

I saw IBO. I know the bloodbath that occurs when you unleash Mika upon people who don't take war super seriously.

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
There was the big kerfuffle with Harmony Gold and I think the deadline for them is 2020, so I'm not sure on Macross on any international ones before then, but who knows. More SS units.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

EthanSteele posted:

There was the big kerfuffle with Harmony Gold and I think the deadline for them is 2020, so I'm not sure on Macross on any international ones before then, but who knows. More SS units.
Does Harmony Gold even do anything other than Scrooge the Macross license all day ever day?

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Samurai Sanders posted:

Does Harmony Gold even do anything other than Scrooge the Macross license all day ever day?

The whole Macross thing was largely a side business. They're mostly a tax fraud and embezzlement company.

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

Yeah, I say "Shit" a shit-ton of times. What of it, shithead?
They're still doing things with Robotech like comics but they're not very interesting.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Ethiser posted:

I saw IBO. I know the bloodbath that occurs when you unleash Mika upon people who don't take war super seriously.
Counterpoint: no matter what shows are in the game where IBO debuts, Mika (or others from the cast) will be roped into some degree of comedy shenanigans because the plot will say so. Might as well go for broke and have one of the sillier mech shows to grace SRW be in the same game to get things out of the way.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I for one am looking forward to Mika training with Domon Kashuu which allows him to use Barbatos Red-Eye 27 times a stage without ill effect.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

ImpAtom posted:

I for one am looking forward to Mika training with Domon Kashuu which allows him to use Barbatos Red-Eye 27 times a stage without ill effect.

Hey instead of plugging yourself into your robot and overloading your nervous system just wear this latex suit.

Ethiser fucked around with this message at 02:33 on Nov 25, 2017

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
I'm on the train that says, if this SRW is slated for translation like V, it will not have Macross. Simply because of the poo poo involving Harmony Gold.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Safe: G-Reco
Unlikely: Macross Delta
Wish: Shin Godzilla

I think G-Reco is pretty inevitable. I'd love to see Delta but the English makes me think Harmony Gold shenanigans will be an issue. Dammit, I just want to see Shin Godzilla!

MonsieurChoc posted:

It’d be cool to get F91 and Victory in again.
Well, if we did get a V2 we could get more F91 in the form of more Crossbone, and the whole NCC timeline of that game seems like it could easily transition into Victory.

Raxivace fucked around with this message at 02:51 on Nov 25, 2017

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
If Shin Godzilla is in do exploding trains and cold stuff injector trucks become allied units?

edit: and skyscrapers

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 02:55 on Nov 25, 2017

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.

Ethiser posted:

Hey instead of plugging yourself into your robot and overloading your nervous system just wear this latex suit.

The Might Guy method of encouragement.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

The GIG posted:

They're still doing things with Robotech like comics but they're not very interesting.

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost

I am extremely okay with this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Never thought I'd see them directly reference Warrior Voltron(aka Albegus)

• Locked thread