Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Major Helper
Feb 18, 2013

Not necessarily
all that helpful
There are as many opinions as there are people. Incidentally, I use Deluge as my torrenting program :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
Watched the episode.

I actually laughed out loud at the DESTROY / TAKE prompt, I was sure Arino would go for the wrong one. Alas. It was still a great moment.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Vouching for qBittorrent as a good choice

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
They should have interviewed the manager at the batting practice place. He should have a job at Sega designing new UFO catchers.

Ganty
Jan 8, 2005
Because we want to! Because we want to!

FinalGamer posted:

Well that's mighty generous of you thank you! Problem is I just get so many different recommendations from people and I honestly don't know who's best to trust on products like this V:shobon:V

Me.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Pablo Gigante posted:

Vouching for qBittorrent as a good choice

is this the open source one developed at some university? i like that one

Famibomb
Sep 2, 2011
The last time qBittorrent was recommended here a few weeks ago I made the switch from uTorrent.

uTorrent used to be THE program to use but that was years ago and before they filled it full of ads and other bullshit. qBittorrent is like going back in time to better days.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

The White Dragon posted:

is this the open source one developed at some university? i like that one

I think it was created at a French university yeah. It’s good

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

FinalGamer posted:

EYYYYY radical thanks a lot! :D this also coming onto the SA-GCCX site like the Shikoku trip was?

It's on the site but unless someone gives me a direct download link I just use the torrents anyway.

FinalGamer
Aug 30, 2012

So the mystic script says.
Alright then I'll go for qBittorent since that seems to a larger set of recommendations also this one especially

Famibomb posted:

The last time qBittorrent was recommended here a few weeks ago I made the switch from uTorrent.

uTorrent used to be THE program to use but that was years ago and before they filled it full of ads and other bullshit. qBittorrent is like going back in time to better days.
that's settled it for me, thanks kachougoons. :)

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.
I still use uTorrent 2.2.1, which was the last version back in 2011 before they added all of the ads. I've been using it ever since and I can't be bothered to switch to anything else since it still works fine.

Mace Bacon
Apr 16, 2008

YOU'RE SLEEPING HERE? IS THIS WHERE YOU'RE SLEEPING? HUH?!
I got recommended Deluge and it's basically uTorrent without ads.

Famibomb
Sep 2, 2011
I was using an older version of uTorrent up until recently when my computer decided to get stuck in a boot-loop and I had to reformat. Installed the current version of uTorrent and straight away it was trying to tell me about hot singles in my area and sell me internet dick pills.

qBittorrent ain't got none of that bullshit.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

qBittorrent is almost identical interface-wise to uTorrent, minus the ads. Like maybe one or two things are in slightly different menus, not much more than that.

Transmission and Deluge are also great torrent applications but are considerably different interface-wise and for certain use cases (e.g. while Deluge isn't the only choice, it's often considered the ideal torrenting app to install on a headless server, or for situations where it's operating as a service, especially when other apps are piggybacking off it like Sonarr.

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

I would recommend Transmission every time since it is a lot less fiddly than uTorrent/qBittorrent (who are these people who legitimately organizes and tags their torrents rather than having at most a handful current ones, best organized by having the interface just be a single list of torrents you currently have?), but it has that track record of accidentally distributing malware in the past, so perhaps best to just stick to the qBittorrent suggestion.

Episode was great, a fun-looking game, though it all feels a bit overshadowed by the awesomeness of the Shikoku special :)

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Sooo, Im not up to date, is there an official translation site now?

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

Jack-Off Lantern posted:

Sooo, Im not up to date, is there an official translation site now?

http://www.sa-gccx.com/

I've been rewatching episodes from the beginning the past month or two, and I'm wondering what episodes people think are disappointing or downright bad. For me, Metroid was a disappointing episode because the challenge was way too much for Arino's skill (clear a game he's never played in under 1 goddamn hour), and he was clearly set up to fail. Link to the Past and Ocarina of Time were bad episodes because of how much they had to gloss over portions of the games for the episodes. Katayama even plays chunks of OoT in Arino's absence to move the show forward. It makes for episodes that lack coherence for me and makes them not very fun to watch.

Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

Oh, Dee, you card. :-*
There are only a handful of episodes that I haven't seen at least twice and I'd say the text adventures are my least favorite. They're just not as enjoyable to watch, but the arcade visits and seasonal segments always make up for it. It's pretty difficult for me to pick out bad episodes when almost all of them are interesting in various ways.

It's just as difficult to narrow the selection down into favorites, too. The derby game is unreasonably fascinating to me and the live challenges have top-notch production. Shocking videos MAX, catch a catch copy, and barcode gambler could have their own spinoffs and I'd watch em without hesitation.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

I don't like the segments where the female announcers are mean to Nakayama. (Catch a catch copy & Retro read-aloud).

As far as the episodes go, there's not really anything I actively would skip to re-watch. Obviously I have my favourites that tend to be watched more than others (like Battletoads, Paris-Dakar, Takeshi's Castle, Tokimeki memorial...) Maybe the infamous Princess Tomato episode, I don't think I've re-watched that one ever.

Jakespeare
May 10, 2013
I must be in the minority. I actually like the Princess Tomato episode. The only parts of gccx that I didn't care much for were interviews in the earlier episodes

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Jakespeare posted:

I must be in the minority. I actually like the Princess Tomato episode. The only parts of gccx that I didn't care much for were interviews in the earlier episodes

I find it very easy to forget that the show used to be just a segment.

Famibomb
Sep 2, 2011
There is no such thing as bad Game Center CX.

:colbert:

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Here's a fansub of Chase HQ from another group: https://nyaa.si/view/982250

Myron
Jul 13, 2009

Mister Chief posted:

Here's a fansub of Chase HQ from another group: https://nyaa.si/view/982250

They spoil the ending of the Zelda II challenge at the beginning. Skip to 3:20 to avoid that.

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.
Wow, "VRiSFAGS", now there's a name I haven't heard in a while. Wonder if the guy's still crazy.

Ah well, subs are subs.

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Cultures thrive on their myths and legends...and snuggles!
If someone could vouch for those subs being at least a semi decent translation it'd be nice, I don't really want to watch it and then find out that half the dialogue came straight out of some guy's rear end.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

RabidWeasel posted:

If someone could vouch for those subs being at least a semi decent translation it'd be nice, I don't really want to watch it and then find out that half the dialogue came straight out of some guy's rear end.

I just started to watch it and I can vouch that they translated "Domo, Game Center CX kacho no Arino desu" correctly.

xamphear
Apr 9, 2002

SILK FOR CALDÉ!
Well, that's a start.

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------
Despair will never let you down.
Malice will never disappoint you.

Kanfy posted:

Wow, "VRiSFAGS", now there's a name I haven't heard in a while. Wonder if the guy's still crazy.

Ah well, subs are subs.

Yeah, same here. That's a name I haven't heard in a long time. Oh well, all's well as long as the guy doesn't post here.

Jakespeare
May 10, 2013
Awesome :D Thanks fer the link, Mister Chief. New episodes are always appreciated

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

I like that they left the PC Engine as PC Engine instead of translating it to Turbografx-16, since they are actually using a PC Engine here. (I got the same Duo model as they are using!)

e: overall the translation feels solid at least to me

e2: although I feel it's unnecessary to put the random "Uwa!"s in text form. Same with Ooohhs and Aaaahhhs. Also, some redundancy with translating both what reads on the screen and what is being said, even though they are the same thing.

TeaJay fucked around with this message at 22:14 on Nov 27, 2017

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Cultures thrive on their myths and legends...and snuggles!

TeaJay posted:

I like that they left the PC Engine as PC Engine instead of translating it to Turbografx-16, since they are actually using a PC Engine here. (I got the same Duo model as they are using!)

e: overall the translation feels solid at least to me

e2: although I feel it's unnecessary to put the random "Uwa!"s in text form

Good enough for me! Chase HQ is one of my beloved childhood games (I had it on the A500) so I would like to watch this one pretty sharpish.

McLaglen
Nov 12, 2011

what is love?
what is free love?
what is love?
love is free.

:scotland:
Regarding the translation:
The only potential eyebrow-raiser I saw was at 38:23, when the navigator's strange responses earned them the one-time nickname of "Gearloose".

Regarding the challenge itself:
There was a surprising thread of 'continuity' with the side-segments, and like many episodes before, it got better and better towards the end.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Oosuka is my hero

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Is pinball not a thing in Japan?

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Do you guys think I should let people know about this episode using the SA-GCCX twitter account? I found it because some dude emailed me about it after he saw the torrent.

xamphear
Apr 9, 2002

SILK FOR CALDÉ!

Mister Chief posted:

Do you guys think I should let people know about this episode using the SA-GCCX twitter account? I found it because some dude emailed me about it after he saw the torrent.

Yes.

leather fedora
Jun 27, 2004

The closest acceptable translation is
"die properly"

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

Is pinball not a thing in Japan?
It's exceedingly rare. There are a couple places with a good-sized collection but you'll be hard-pressed to find one just wandering around.

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

A fun challenge and episode, though a deeply flawed game. Translation not to sagccx standards, but does the job!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

I don't think they have to sub every single noise he makes, but I'm grateful anyways for this translation.