Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Warlock arm band and pants (that you tuck under your mandatory FWC trench coat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orv
May 4, 2011

Skoll posted:

My problem is the armor looks completely ugly if you try to mix and match it. IMO it only works as a set.

I think the Titan shoulders and Hunter cloak are fine as a mixed piece, the hanging bits aren't too obtrusive and the wolf heads look fine with a lot of other stuff, but the rest of it is too dissimilar.

Mr.Fuzzywig
Dec 13, 2006
I play too much Supcom
All i want is the hunter cloak, ive turned in 24 packages on my hunter and i have received head chest and arms, a billion goddamn arms, i just want the freaking cloak.

DXH
Dec 8, 2003

Ne Cede Malis
yeah I've been trying to grind out a halfdan for a couple weeks now, at this point I have so many legendary shards I've been buying mida minitools and scrapping them for the gunsmith parts. The whole RNG engram/token turnin thing is starting to grate on me. honestly at this point I wouldnt mind just paying for that with eververse bucks or whatever because I'm sick of getting Hawthorne's shotgun over and over again.

the worse thing about all this in my opinion is that someone will reply to my post telling me how many halfdans they've scrapped trying to get that same shotgun. if only you could trade items in this game.

forkbucket
Mar 9, 2008

Magnets are my only weakness.

Norns posted:

Warlock arm band and pants (that you tuck under your mandatory FWC trench coat.

That spaceship arm band is gonna look so sick with my FWC trench coat and neon orange Nazarec demon helmet

Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

I am a huge cosmetic whore but I’m assuming that I should save all my shaders and mods until at least my 265 gear, yeah?

Also what’s the max speed sparrow, 160? 180? I got a shader that looks super lovely on one but mine is only a 140 and that’s definitely gonna get replaced sooner rather than later, right?

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!

Hugh G. Rectum posted:

I am a huge cosmetic whore but I’m assuming that I should save all my shaders and mods until at least my 265 gear, yeah?

Also what’s the max speed sparrow, 160? 180? I got a shader that looks super lovely on one but mine is only a 140 and that’s definitely gonna get replaced sooner rather than later, right?

Destiny 2 is a first person fashion-shooter. As soon as you're in purple gear, you can shade it and then upgrade the piece with higher level gear to keep using it. Smack a mod in it too if you really like the way it looks.

Sparrows max out at 160.

Attack on Princess fucked around with this message at 00:31 on Nov 25, 2017

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
The Titan arms are cool but realistically you'll never use them because who would give up extended punch range?

Scoss
Aug 17, 2015
I guess Bungie decided to turn off the XP throttling after getting exposed

https://www.bungie.net/en/Explore/Detail/News/46494

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Scoss posted:

BOOYAH

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

This challenge to kill a guy while ulting is taking me forever. I either can never find them or I clip them just as they leave their ult.

bij
Feb 24, 2007

I pretty much just want the Titan arms from Saladin and for three turn-ins in a row he threw me Devastation Complex and Retrograde arms.

Get loving bent bro.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Eej posted:

Iron Banner gear has gold trim that isn't dyeable which is super annoying if you're mix and matching other armor pieces because it forces you to use shaders with gold trim or things get very tacky very fast

Which may or may not be a positive for you

If you are going to look ridiculous you need to be in it to win it.

I'm a bit upset that I can't preview shaders on multiple pieces at once to find optimum color clash. I know Watermelon figures into the equation somehow but I am not entirely sure how to really round it out for maximum eye-bleed.

Scoss posted:

It wouldn't have been a big deal had it not been so opaque. If the second PE just gave lower XP most people would have shrugged and said "oh well that's the way it is, diminishing returns as an anti-farming mechanic I guess"

cinn
May 13, 2011
660 iron banner tokens turned in.

all on titan.

still no titan legs.

game is good.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

kinda bummed that crucible experience doesn't scale up but we'll see how that actually pans out I guess?

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Shifty Pony posted:

If you are going to look ridiculous you need to be in it to win it.

I'm a bit upset that I can't preview shaders on multiple pieces at once to find optimum color clash. I know Watermelon figures into the equation somehow but I am not entirely sure how to really round it out for maximum eye-bleed.

Frumious Blue and Watermelon are two very clashing colours so that's a start.

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.

Scoss posted:

Sneaky loving bastards, I'm not just sperging out here but people have paid real money for those fireteam medallions that boost experience gained. This was really underhanded of them. It's the first time I'm actually appalled at Bungie.

They only responded to this and not the literal hundreds of different complaints about the game, because money is involved and is a legal grey area in many countries (deceptive/misleading practices etc) on top of the EA shitstorm.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Eej posted:

Frumious Blue and Watermelon are two very clashing colours so that's a start.

Hmm I'm out of that. Think Dawn and Dusk would be an acceptable substitute? Arctic Pearl and VEIST Poison Shimmer are also high on the list of shame.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

cinn posted:

660 iron banner tokens turned in.

all on titan.

still no titan legs.

game is good.

we should post about this on reddit so someone who can do something about it will see it.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Norns is vindicated.

Norns posted:

Seriously what the gently caress is wrong with my exp bar? Even with a exp doubler changing public events my bar hardly moves anymore?

I chained events for 4 hours and didn't get a quarter of a bar.

https://twitter.com/Kotaku/status/934218516999430144

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.
Went Flawless in Trials with total randoms and got the cape I needed to get 300 from the GIANT FLOATING HEAD. Now I can focus on the real game, which is making my character obscenely shiny and aesthetic.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Scoss posted:

they're gonna nerf pre-throttle xp, mark my words

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer

Spanish Manlove posted:

we should post about this on reddit so someone who can do something about it will see it.

That requires going on reddit and I'm not about that, bro.

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010
I can just see the live team daily status meetings.

“What’s the public all angry about today? Exp gain? That doesn’t make any sense”

Checks into it, untangles massive spaghetti code.

“gently caress, what were those morons on the dev team thinking?”

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Pomp posted:

they're gonna nerf pre-throttle xp, mark my words
Unless I misread it, they said as much:

quote:

As a result, players will see XP earn rates change for all activities across the board, but with all values being displayed consistently in the user interface.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Hey cool. I mean gently caress them for doing it. But at least it's gone.

HATECUBE
Mar 2, 2007

even overwatch fixed rng duplicity

after a year?

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Shifty Pony posted:

Hmm I'm out of that. Think Dawn and Dusk would be an acceptable substitute? Arctic Pearl and VEIST Poison Shimmer are also high on the list of shame.

You buy some Frumious Blue right now from Eververse. Shaders are literally the only thing I spend Bright Dust on.

TheRagamuffin
Aug 31, 2008

In Paradox Space, when you cross the line, your nuts are mine.
Dawn and Dusk is my all-time favorite shader, but I've only seen like 4 since launch.

Scoss
Aug 17, 2015

Murgos posted:

I can just see the live team daily status meetings.

“What’s the public all angry about today? Exp gain? That doesn’t make any sense”

Checks into it, untangles massive spaghetti code.

“gently caress, what were those morons on the dev team thinking?”

Can someone explain this apparent adversarial relationship between internal teams at Bungie to someone who did not touch D1 at all?

It's not the first time I've seen folks make it sound like the people who make the game do not talk to each other, or are happy that one group of people or another are working on a given piece of content.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
so basically xp will get nerfed so that you get it at the ~~~~~INTENDED~~~~~~ rate, it just wont be trying to hide it by making it look like you're getting a lot of exp while getting nothing at all. meaning xp gains will still be poo poo.

sort of like removing the poorly put up wallpaper in your new house to expose the mold, rather than hoping there's no mold back there. destiny 2.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Skoll posted:

My problem is the armor looks completely ugly if you try to mix and match it. IMO it only works as a set.

I disagree. :colbert:

(Helm / Sash)

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
This is like when purple engrams at the start of Destiny 1 could open up to reveal blue items because they did some gamer psychology testing and found that people responded well to blue engrams opening purple loot and somehow got the idea that the reverse would also be exciting because of the risk or something.

Basically someone at Bungie is really bad at user experience.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

Eej posted:

This is like when purple engrams at the start of Destiny 1 could open up to reveal blue items because they did some gamer psychology testing and found that people responded well to blue engrams opening purple loot and somehow got the idea that the reverse would also be exciting because of the risk or something.

Maybe they're just big fans of 1.0 final fantasy 14?

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Minrad posted:

Maybe they're just big fans of 1.0 final fantasy 14?

Didn't WoW try this and found out quickly that everyone hated it, so they implemented the "if you log off for a long time you get an XP boost!" mechanic to much fan fare.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

OxySnake posted:

Didn't WoW try this and found out quickly that everyone hated it, so they implemented the "if you log off for a long time you get an XP boost!" mechanic to much fan fare.

Yep.

The fact that it keeps happening, in games that brand themselves as MMOs no less, is astounding.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Eej posted:

In popular mobile game Final Fantasy Brave Exvius for the first like year of the global release rainbow crystals could reveal common 4* units. The developers debated not ever implementing the much needed change to ensure they would only ever drop 5* units until sheer collective rage convinced them otherwise. Yet on forums like reddit there were people arguing that "Actually it's good that you can get garbage from the incredibly rare 1% rainbow crystals, because the game isn't fun when other people have things I have". Because gamers are dumb as hell.

Hot on the heels of this;
https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/7f1e71/crucible_radio_ep_126_ft_jon_weisnewski/
Bungie Man Confirms Everything We Suspected: News at Nine.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Eej posted:

Yeah. If this had been cast as a bonus for slower xp gain rates it this could have been something that everyone just accepted and the min-maxers wrote massive screeds on the optimum xp gain strategies taking into account the boost.

People really really hate getting something then finding out later they lost it (or didn't actually get it in the first place). Mobile games are loving masters at monetizing it by giving you sweet gear then putting you in a position to lose it all unless you pay for an extra life or inventory.

TipsyMcStagger
Apr 13, 2013

This isn't where
I parked my car...

Nuebot posted:

"Actually it's good that you can get garbage from the incredibly rare 1% rainbow crystals, because the game isn't fun when other people have things I have". Because gamers are dumb as hell.

Everyone wants to be special little snowflake unique sperglord these days.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

TipsyMcStagger posted:

Everyone wants to be special little snowflake unique sperglord these days.

It's the biggest argument for poo poo like that. In mobile games people will argue up and down against ever letting F2P players have poo poo because they want their exclusive stuff and content only they should be allowed to clear. In Destiny 2 people argue that there should never, ever be matchmaking in Trials because it's only for the ~best~ and no one should get a "free ride" ignoring the fact that the lack of match making means that half the people who go flawless do so by getting matched against garbage teams to begin with. Online games have always been filled with the gently caress you, got mine mentality because gamers are petty shits that only care as far as they get the thing they want. Just look at how many people who play games like WoW never help other people gear up, but always expect to have their asses carried through the latest raid.

• Locked thread