Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

Viewtiful Jew posted:

So is the Switch being in ample supply today a good thing or a bad thing?

A great thing for anyone trying to get one. A thing that doesn't matter to anyone else? This thread complains when Nintendo can't keep up with demand, worries when they can.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Hell I saw more than one story that the 22m units pushed out within the first year got quietly bumped to 32m. Nintendo is making these literally as fast as they can because they think they're gonna have another Wii like system.

Also since a lot of you may not watch football there were multiple 30s Switch ads running during the Thanksgiving games. They're going all in on the holidays in NA.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

LethalGeek posted:

Hell I saw more than one story that the 22m units pushed out within the first year got quietly bumped to 32m. Nintendo is making these literally as fast as they can because they think they're gonna have another Wii like system.

Also since a lot of you may not watch football there were multiple 30s Switch ads running during the Thanksgiving games. They're going all in on the holidays in NA.

Switch, unlike the Wii is a cool system.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Unless you put it in the oven.

Conskill
May 7, 2007

I got an 'F' in Geometry.

Waltzing Along posted:

Unless you put it in the oven.

While we all acknowledge baking a Switch is counter-productive, the remaining question is if the Switch gets better heat dissipation if placed on an anti-griddle.

butt implants
Oct 16, 2004

i'm gay
https://www.amazon.com/Anker-PowerC...anker+powercore

Is this Black Friday deal Anker battery pack tenable for charging my Switch, or will it drain battery while plugged in?

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

LEMME SHOW YOU SOMETHING!!!
From the reviews on it: "Another device I use this bayterybwith is my Nintendo Switch. While playing in handheld mode I was able to successfully charge my Switch while playing Breath Of the Wild. That’s saying a lot since the minimum wattage needed to charge a Switch is 15 I believe. Overall I’m VERY satisfied with this product and I’d recommend it to anyone."

So promising. Using this plus the USB cable that came with the Pro Controller should keep it powered on at least if not charge and play. I may bite.

Squatch Ambassador
Nov 12, 2008

What? Never seen a shaved Squatch before?

unterdude posted:

https://www.amazon.com/Anker-PowerC...anker+powercore

Is this Black Friday deal Anker battery pack tenable for charging my Switch, or will it drain battery while plugged in?

That one might work, but for the Switch you should stick to packs that use the USB PD (Power-Delivery) spec. I think Tronsmart has some USB PD packs on sale today for about the same price.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

veni veni veni posted:

Switch, unlike the Wii is a cool system.

Both the Switch and the Wii are good

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
Lol that's so weird but also not surprising that there's a Wii and Switch version but nothing on Wii U

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

The Wii U has full backwards compatibility with the Wii, right? I assume there is nothing in Just Sing that would benefit from programming a version specifically for the Wii U hardware

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Just Dance 2018 got a release on Wii, Wii U and Switch.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

The Wii U has full backwards compatibility with the Wii, right? I assume there is nothing in Just Sing that would benefit from programming a version specifically for the Wii U hardware

The WiiU is reputedly a programming headache, especially with the second screen. It really is almost certainly easier to build a Wii version than a WiiU iteration.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Mario vs Rabbids is the Lightning Deal;

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B071...swyL&ref=plSrch

Copies are going real fast though.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
The Blades don't stop coming!

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

The video capture function is really great when I remember to hit it and actually get to record those cool moments. Can't wait until it's 5 minutes so I can just record an entire match when there is a good part

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!

RZA Encryption posted:

A great thing for anyone trying to get one. A thing that doesn't matter to anyone else? This thread complains when Nintendo can't keep up with demand, worries when they can.

Yeah internet nerds get weird about faceless corporations and beam with pride when their financials are doing good

This means that someone here will see a display case full of switches and think "oh dear what does this mean for the future of Mario" whereas normal people just walk by said display cases without a second thought

Hand Row
May 28, 2001
Who or what site does good Switch game reviews these days?

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

*me, after trying to buy that rabbids game and being added to the waitlist* Nintendo and Ubisoft quarterly earnings reports are going to own bones, goon sirs and chuckle fucks

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler

Hand Row posted:

This thread.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Hand Row posted:

This thread is best for impressions but I also like USgamer. Kotaku can pull out some decent reviews sometimes.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Guy Goodbody posted:

The Blades don't stop coming!

I think that's the most generic fantasy anime looking one yet.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Samurai Sanders posted:

https://twitter.com/XenobladeJP/status/933959570635898880

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Oh the back of her head is a dog, that's neat I guess.

Morby
Sep 6, 2007
Splatoon is good and cool. I don’t usually like FPS games, but I love this one. Seems like good timing to get it, too, with the update going in.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Morby posted:

Splatoon is good and cool. I don’t usually like FPS games, but I love this one. Seems like good timing to get it, too, with the update going in.
Being born and raised in Seattle it's still weird to me that this game presents salmon as brutish thugs.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Being born and raised in Idaho, it should be Steelhead that are thugs.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
It does however remind me of a traumatic incident from my youth where we went on a field trip to a salmon farm and by coincidence the mother salmon were just arriving from their arduous trip up the river, battered and nearly dead, and the workers were picking them up, hitting them over the head with a wrench, cutting them open, taking their eggs, and throwing their carcass carelessly over their shoulder into a pile. I think about that every time I play Salmon Run.

Captain Muffin
Apr 25, 2007

Women like you are the reason this chickens late in the first place.
Doom is awesome! I've eagerly updated the friend codes list to be the first one with the box ticked so come play already. With Bladerunner 2049 out, I am totally reliving all the things I did when I was sixteen, except now strangely with a screen smaller than my 15" CRT.

If you can get past the lack of mouse, it's super playable and online is a blast. It is much better with the pro controller (tiny right stick analogue suffers), but still fine using joycons.

Colour palette is doom murky so playing main campaign needs dark room when on switch (playing recently on a plane was a bit too bright) but on a TV is fine.

ghostwritingduck
Aug 26, 2004

"I hope you like waking up at 6 a.m. and having your favorite things destroyed. P.S. Forgive me because I'm cuter than that $50 wire I just ate."
Nintendo’s online Switch sale is so bad, the games can’t get on the best sellers list.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

ghostwritingduck posted:

Nintendo’s online Switch sale is so bad, the games can’t get on the best sellers list.
One of these years they'll figure out real online sales a la Steam and then I will have no money left.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Samurai Sanders posted:

Looks like a PSO character yeah

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Not Switch content but for anyone who was interested in the Sleeping Dogs discussion a few days ago: Square Enix is selling steam downloads for $3 on their site here.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

I feel like I'm socially obligated to buy Splatoon 2 but I didn't like the first game very much

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Mario vs Rabbids is the Lightning Deal;

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B071...swyL&ref=plSrch

Copies are going real fast though.

46 is a bad deal imo with dlc coming soon and a goty package pretty likely

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
im gonna buy xenoblade 2

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Ciaphas posted:

I feel like I'm socially obligated to buy Splatoon 2 but I didn't like the first game very much

What’s wrong with you?:eyepop:

Seriously though, you probably shouldn’t buy it if that was the case.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Real hurthling! posted:

46 is a bad deal imo with dlc coming soon and a goty package pretty likely

They were $36 when the link was first posted but were out of stock literally two minutes after

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

SeANMcBAY posted:

What’s wrong with you?:eyepop:

Seriously though, you probably shouldn’t buy it if that was the case.

I think it's more that i've tuned out of multiplayer shooters (and "shooters" like splatoon) in general really, especially team based ones. I love(d) the aesthetic of splatoon, just not a game I'd like playing :(

(e I only mentioned it 'cause all my friends and discord buddies seem to have it)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

Calaveron posted:

They were $36 when the link was first posted but were out of stock literally two minutes after

I saw it for $30 earlier today too.

• Locked thread