Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

hup posted:

I think Whatever Happened to the Man of Tomorrow is being sold standalone, but it appears in the Alan Moore collection for the same price.

E: everything that's in the Man of Tomorrow collection is in the DC Works of Alan Moore. Make sure you get that one instead.

and get the Scott Snyder Swamp Thing and Jeff Lemire Green Arrow omnibuses for $4 each instead of regular trades.

Not sure if there are other double-up cases. I checked the 100 Bullets omnis and they aren't discounted.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 14:59 on Nov 22, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pastis
Aug 1, 2004

Ouzo is for louzos
That DC sale is insane. My wishlist is back down to a couple random indie books again. I think I managed to convert a couple floppy-only people at work to go digital after that.

Someone mentioned the Swamp Thing run by Morrison/Millar. Are both volumes recommended?

vegetables
Mar 10, 2012

Teenage Fansub posted:

and get the Scott Snyder Swamp Thing and Jeff Lemire Green Arrow omnibuses for $4 each instead of regular trades.

Not sure if there are other double-up cases. I checked the 100 Bullets omnis and they aren't discounted.

I think everything in Neil Gaiman's Whatever Happened to the Caped Crusader trade is also in DC Universe by Neil Gaiman, but I'm not 100% sure.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

When I see this many unread posts in the digital comics thread I know my wallet is hosed

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Think I am almost done gathering what I want to buy from the sale, but is the Simon Baz and Jessica Cruz Green Lantern series and Dial H for Hero worth picking up?

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

Yes to both!
(I like GLs better)

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

If you have a taste for weirdo comics, gently caress yes Dial H is worth getting!

Get Demon Knights and I Vampire too for the 'New 52 launch secret cool books' triple set.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 22:51 on Nov 22, 2017

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
I bought:
Batman and Robin 1, 2, and 3
Seven Soldiers of Victory 1 and 2
Multiversity
Batman Incorporated vol 1
batman Incorporated vol 1 and 2
The Demon by Jack Kirby
Invasion crossover

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
Why does Demon Knights not have a vol 2 and jumps to vol 3 instead?

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I bought:

Creature Commandos
Zatanna by Paul Dini
Black Canary/Zatanna: Bloodspell
Batgirl: Stephanie Brown
Superman: Secret Identity
Black Canary vol. 2
Both volumes of Dial H
Green Arrow by Jeff Lemire
Legion of Superheroes: The Great Darkness Saga and The Curse

Dsmif
Sep 4, 2014

Thanks to Marvel and DC sales on I brought:

All-New X-Men Vol 1: Yesterday's X-Men
All-New X-Men Vol 2: Here to Stay
All-New X-Men Vol 3: Out of Their Depth
All-New X-Men Vol 4: All-Different
All-New X-Men Vol 5: One Down
Batman Vol 1: I am Gotham
Batman Vol 2: I am Suicide
Batman Vol 3: I am Bane
Batman: Batman and Son
Batman: Cataclysm
Batman: Ego and Other Tails
Batman: R.I.P
Batman: Road to No Man's Land 1 & 2
Batman: The Doom That Came to Gotham
Batman: Year One
Guardians Of The Galaxy / All-New X-Men: The Trial Of Jean Grey
Hawkeye Vol 1: My Life as a Weapon
Hawkeye Vol 2: Little Hits
Hawkeye Vol 3: L.A. Woman
Hawkeye Vol 4: Rio Bravo
Power Girl: Power Trip
Seven Soldiers of Victory 1 & 2
The Multiversity
Vision Vol 1: Little Worse than a Man
Vision Vol 2: Little Better than a Beast
X-Men: The Shattering
X-Men: X-Men Vs. Apocalypse 1 & 2
Zatanna by Paul Dini

Not all of this was on sale, I just got carried away.

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

Digital haul checking in:

Batman & Robin
Batman: Battle For The Cowl
Batman RIP
Tales of the Batman: Len Wein
Blackest Night: Green Lantern
Darth Vader/Star Wars, up to and including Vader Down
Green Arrow Omnibus
Justice League International
Adventures of Superman
Superman: American Alien
Swamp Thing Omnibus

I've read all of these in issues/trades except Len Wein Batman, just wanted a cheap way to revisit them in the future.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I don't usually bother with Marvel because I have Unlimited already, and if I really want to own something I'll go hardcopy, but I DID take this opportunity to grab all the Morrison Doom Patrol, which I only half read years ago. So far I'm behaving myself with the deal

Dunbar
Feb 21, 2003

Picked up the first 7 volumes of JLA and the entire run of No Man's Land. Should keep me occupied for quite a while considering I still have other runs I haven't read.

SMP
May 5, 2009

Before this sale ends, any other absolute steals (or things that rarely go on sale) like the Green Arrow and Swamp Thing omnibi? I've already decided on the Multiversity and Dini's Zatanna as well.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

Dan Abnett's Titans or Aquaman worth grabbing for someone who doesn't read much DC? I only get King's Batman and never got into much else that I tried, though I did like All Star Superman and Azzarello WW. I like Abnett from Gaunt's Ghosts and his marvel space stuff.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

SMP posted:

any other absolute steals (or things that rarely go on sale) like the Green Arrow and Swamp Thing omnibi?

You still need to buy multiple volumes, but the Knightfall and No Man's Land collections are huge values in terms of page count.
https://www.comixology.com/Batman-Knightfall/comics-series/3618

The Tales of the Batman/Legends of the Dark Knight/Adventures of Superman writer and artist collections too.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
About to pull the trigger on the books on my cart, but was the Superman books from Rebirth with post Crisis Superman returning worth reading? Right now I have volume 1 - 3 with him, Reborn, and Lois and Clark.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Absolutely. Lois and Clark into Tomasi's Superman is very good comics.
It actually all starts with a two issue tie-in to the 'Convergence' event by the same team as L+C. It's recapped, so, skippable, but that's where you see their kid being born.
It's collected here with other two-shots from the event: https://www.comixology.com/Convergence-Flashpoint-Book-One/digital-comic/288910

You can stick 'The Final Days of Superman' between them to see how N52 Superman gets taken away, but I didn't think it was great. The current 'Action Comics' isn't great either.

Reborn was a crossover with 'Action' which I kinda think messed with a good thing, but 'Superman' continues to be strong on the other side of it, so you might as well.

Get 'New Super-Man', about China's Superman, too. Really.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 08:18 on Nov 24, 2017

McGurk
Oct 20, 2004

Cuz life sucks, kids. Get it while you can.

Fuuuck I just spent $100 on DC trades.

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

TheManWithNoName posted:

Fuuuck I just spent $100 on DC trades.

Yeah I spent about $100 on dc and hellboy oops

Box of Bunnies
Apr 3, 2012

by Pragmatica
I got the second volume of Golden Age Superman, the Jose Luis Garcia-Lopez and Gil Kane Superman books, and the DC Universe by Alan Moore and Neil Gaiman collections.

I'd initially thought about getting the four books of the death and return of Superman I guess out of some kind of historical curiosity (and because a random issue from around that time was one of maybe three comics my brother and I had as kids) but decided that what I wound up going with was better in terms of having a wider variety of stuff instead of one big storyline since I'm super casual in my comics reading.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Same. I thought of getting that, Knightfall, and some of the big events I read already like Infinite Crisis, 52, Zero Hour, and such but decided to get books I never read before.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Was all excited about the Neal Adams Batman collections but then looked at the preview images and saw they were all recoloured. Not paying for that crap.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?
D.C. is following the 5 dollar sale with a buy one get one free

Galvanik
Feb 28, 2013

Netflix's Punisher got me interested in reading the Punisher Max series, but my library only has volume 1. If I get a subscription to Marvel Unlimited can I read the rest? And can I cancel once I'm done or would I be locked in to a yearly subscription?

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

MU doesn't have Max and you don't get your money back for quitting early or anything.
You can sub for a month, though.

Baby Proof
May 16, 2009

Teenage Fansub posted:

MU doesn't have Max and you don't get your money back for quitting early or anything.

They're running another code to get your first month free, PUNISHER is good until the end of the month.

vegetables
Mar 10, 2012

bobkatt013 posted:

D.C. is following the 5 dollar sale with a buy one get one free

I bought some floppies in this that I didn't realise were included in the trades I got in the preceding sale, and feel silly. The way the Batman trades are collected isn't intuitive at all!

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Reading the Morrison Batman run requires like four different books running at different times, sometimes concurrently.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Endless Mike posted:

Reading the Morrison Batman run requires like four different books running at different times, sometimes concurrently.

Yeah it is a bit of a mess.

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

Valiant's finally on board the insane digital sale train!

Hard to go wrong with anything. For those fresh to the Valiant universe, here's a handy planning chart:

Harbinger and Bloodshot cross over in two good events, Harbinger War and Armor Hunters. Events done right.

Harbinger also leads into Imperium, which is better than Harbinger in many ways.

Archer & Armstrong and Quantum & Woody have a standalone crossover, The Delinquents. It's all good.

Rai leads into 4001 A.D. and it's all good.

The whole Divinity series is cool.

Most of Shadowman is bland, as is Dead Drop. Everything else is pretty much can't-miss.

Space Fish fucked around with this message at 02:49 on Nov 29, 2017

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Endless Mike posted:

There's a trade order that works but it's still loving dumb.

Could be worse, could be Hickman's F4/FF run.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Doctor Spaceman posted:

There's a trade order that works but it's still loving dumb.

Could be worse, could be Hickman's F4/FF run.

That is very easy. Hickman F4 Omnibus vol. 1, then Hickman F4 Omnibus vol. 2. ;)

Box of Bunnies
Apr 3, 2012

by Pragmatica

Galvanik posted:

Netflix's Punisher got me interested in reading the Punisher Max series, but my library only has volume 1. If I get a subscription to Marvel Unlimited can I read the rest? And can I cancel once I'm done or would I be locked in to a yearly subscription?

Teenage Fansub posted:

Not exactly as cheap but Marvel MAX books are now on sale at Comixology. Punisher books are :10bux: for the first two and 6.99 for the rest. Or weird alternating prices between 8.23 and 13.41 on Amazon if you have your accounts linked and feel like getting the cheaper ones there.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
Amazon might have another trade sale like they did twice this year where they were about 3 bucks each...

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
If I buy a digital comic on Amazon, will it show up as part of my Comixology library? Does it work that way or are they entirely separate (despite the latter being owned by the former)?

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

If you've linked accounts, yep. Those big Marvel digital trade sales from a few months ago were from Amazon and showed up in your Comixology library.

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)

Teenage Fansub posted:

If you've linked accounts, yep. Those big Marvel digital trade sales from a few months ago were from Amazon and showed up in your Comixology library.

Holy poo poo

Yes I have them linked

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Yeah, they even show up in a smart list of Amazon purchases