Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Mourne posted:

Dude. Get both. Like why is this a question?

POST PICS!!!!

Pics gonna be a while comin. The dane litter is indeed a phantom pregnancy though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AcetylCoA!
Dec 25, 2010

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

Pics gonna be a while comin. The dane litter is indeed a phantom pregnancy though.

Congrats on your ghost puppy!

Keegers
Aug 11, 2014

Today was his bath day decided to let him romp about in the dirt before.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

:v never seen a blue, tan and black st bernard before.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop
Happened this morning. She woke up, did her business, had her Sunday morning crepe then collapsed in her bed. Never felt a thing.

Gonna miss the hell out of my Bella.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
Poor girl.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Writer Cath posted:

Happened this morning. She woke up, did her business, had her Sunday morning crepe then collapsed in her bed. Never felt a thing.

Gonna miss the hell out of my Bella.

I very much like that she said gently caress you, I'm gonna have my crepe before I go. She was one hell of a bell. I'm sorry honey.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

I very much like that she said gently caress you, I'm gonna have my crepe before I go. She was one hell of a bell. I'm sorry honey.

She made it up the stairs one last time because she heard it hit her dish.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Writer Cath posted:

She made it up the stairs one last time because she heard it hit her dish.

That good girl even said gently caress the stairs :love:

Poldarn
Feb 18, 2011

Here is my Newfie, Gilbert. He's 5 and thinks he is a cat. He loves snow and muddy water, but hates swimming for some reason. He snores like a chainsaw and flips between posing majestically and looking like a complete goober.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop
Oh he's adorable!

DoYouHasaRabbit
Oct 8, 2007
I'm thinking about getting a Bernese Mountain Dog and was wondering where you all got yours? I've been looking at breeders but I can't find that many on the East coast that seem to be active. Also with all the health issues it's hard to even zero in on one that isn't sketchy.If any of you with berners have any suggestions or recommendations that would be fantastic!

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

Not on the East coast (nor do I have a Bernese), but your best bet will be to check out the local dog shows. Just bear in mind that show dogs (and people) can be rather weird.

beefnoodle
Aug 7, 2004

IGNORE ME! I'M JUST AN OLD WET RAG
We acquired ours (littermates) from a breeder in Colorado, who breeds very long-lived champions. PM me if you want to contact her.

Also, check Bernergarde to find breeders with good repuations in your area.

Obligatory photo:

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

40 days and counting.

Nemico
Sep 23, 2006

Outtakes from an attempted christmas card photoshoot

We bought him that bone over a year ago and he never touched it once before the second picture we took

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

40 days and counting.

This morning I put in an application with the Dane rescue we used to get Bella.

I'm at a point where I'm not trying to replace my good girl, but I want a new pal. She had a rad life and I want to give another dog the same shot, you know?

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Writer Cath posted:

This morning I put in an application with the Dane rescue we used to get Bella.

I'm at a point where I'm not trying to replace my good girl, but I want a new pal. She had a rad life and I want to give another dog the same shot, you know?

I spent more than 6 months looking (realistically I've been looking for about the past three years on and off, but 6 months solid) for "that" dane. He or she isn't out there yet. I'd actually signed on to get a pup from a litter that ended up not taking. I can take a hint.

Instead, I met a newf back in september. I hadn't used Balen's "wubba" on anything in the 4 months since he'd died (at that point) and I went "oh poor little wubba you be careful" at the newf pup that they were selling. ...Selling outside of the breeder's return contract.

Which got me talking to the breeder. Who tests for everything under the sun and deeply appreciated me reporting the pup being sold out from under her nose and everything else. I'd considered newfs at various points and I've adored the ones I've met. Balen showed up out of nowhere for me. This little guy turned up out of nowhere and got me in contact with a breeder who does literally everything I want in a breeder (which I can't say for danes right now). Like I said- I can take a hint, and I'm totally cool with having a big soft goofball for KD and Ears getting older (KD is gonna be 8 in february and ears is 6 now) vs a dane who might end up having some retarded moment of prey drive and eating one of them. Plus, most newfs are pretty good at figuring out how to be gentle with older big dogs. Amy runs around like a chicken with her head cut off, but she'll be -10- in january.

Having seen the breeder's dogs in action, having read up on her dogs and their owners and seeing So Many Of Those Pups end up as service dogs and therapy dogs, they seem to have the temperament that I need for where we are right now. A big, soft newf buddy will do a lot more for me than a dane will. Some day, another dane will come. But for now, it's newfin time. :3:

Brand New Malaysian Wife
Apr 5, 2007
I encourage children who are bullied to kill themselves. In fact, I get off to it. Pedophilia-snuff films are the best. More abused children need to kill themselves.
I'm really really excited for pictures of your newf

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

I had a high school friend up in Ontario whose grandparents bred Newfs. I went and visited them once and got covered in Newf puppies, I used to have pictures of that event but I can no longer find them :(

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

okay okay okay okay I said it'd be a while til baby pictures but I lied so:

he's. so. SMALL. :swoon:

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

okay okay okay okay I said it'd be a while til baby pictures but I lied so:

he's. so. SMALL. :swoon:

BABIES! BABIES!

Fine, fine. I'll show you the rescue page.

http://www.danesindistress.com/adoptions/available-danes/

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Writer Cath posted:

BABIES! BABIES!

Fine, fine. I'll show you the rescue page.

http://www.danesindistress.com/adoptions/available-danes/

:3: I like Ellie.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
Frankenstein is quite smol compared to other Irish Wolfhounds but he is a very good boy

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

Tree Dude posted:

Frankenstein is quite smol compared to other Irish Wolfhounds but he is a very good boy

Look at that handsome face, my goodness!

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...

Writer Cath posted:

Look at that handsome face, my goodness!

don't let him fool you he's a big goofball.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

Tree Dude posted:

don't let him fool you he's a big goofball.

Not sure I believe you. Please post more photos in varying states of goofy and dignified.

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

I don't know of 40 kgs counts as a big dog but this is my friends German Shepard.

He likes to pick up small trees to use as a stick to play with. A few weeks ago he came running with 4 meter long tree which pretty much cleared the whole road of people who didn't want to get smacked over the knees and knocked down as he came running at full speed.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

Tree Dude posted:

My dad and grandfather used to breed and show IWs.

What a handsome boy

ohnobugs
Feb 22, 2003

Katt posted:

I don't know of 40 kgs counts as a big dog but this is my friends German Shepard.

He likes to pick up small trees to use as a stick to play with. A few weeks ago he came running with 4 meter long tree which pretty much cleared the whole road of people who didn't want to get smacked over the knees and knocked down as he came running at full speed.

That's a good dog. He looks happy to be in the snow.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Tree Dude posted:

this fine lad looks like he's got lots of thoughts bout stuff :3:

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
He had thoughts about eating some of those Christmas ornaments for sure.

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

Joburg
May 19, 2013

Fun Shoe
I have two 70lb dogs.

I need a bigger duffel bag.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

That's a good woman.

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

That's a good woman.

Her dog chose well when picking a pet human.

Katt fucked around with this message at 17:00 on Dec 23, 2017

Keegers
Aug 11, 2014

I'm just imagining carrying a 150+ pound dog fireman carry style while biking.

Sordas Volantyr
Jan 11, 2015

Now, everybody, walk like a Jekhar.

(God, these running animations are terrible.)
The trick is that you have to use your elbows to steer.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

There is a baby in the house, big dog thread. I've had him a little less than 48 hours and he already sat down at my feet, glared at the darkness and went BOW WOW WOW in his most ferocious puppy voice. I think he likes me. Good lad.

He fell asleep eating

he fell asleep after very hard thinkin about my toes

sleepy little baby pup

But sometimes he stands up and makes a good healthy pee and then goes "BOW WOW WOW" at the dark again because you go away mean ol darkness you stay outta my fence. Strong lad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Keegers
Aug 11, 2014

:love: cute Lil pup