Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Lladre posted:

Any word on what the second holiday sale ship is going to be?

So I guess the first one is the community defending Hawk thing?

Looks dumb. And saving the community as a sales pitch is even dumber.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

“Has someone explained to him what Alpha means?”

Shigeru Miyamoto once said...

But seriously FTR made the jump from Believer to Skeptic to Hater at warp speed. The scales have fallen from his eyes, he’s hulking out and pretty much now destined for the “Downvote And Move On” treatment of a RES Tagged Heretic.

Dude needs to join the party. He’s basically caught up with the thread circa late 2015.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

The Titanic posted:

So I guess the first one is the community defending Hawk thing?

Looks dumb. And saving the community as a sales pitch is even dumber.

I'm hoping what I've heard is true and it's an alien heavy fighter because it would mean CIG has zero control over the information leaks

VictorianQueerLit
Aug 25, 2017

You fool. This is not a critic of the game. It is a deepcover goon agent, one of many we employ as organized trolls to attack the dream for our own nebulous and totally real designs.

We are literally everyone who ever criticizes the game. We are legion.

SCtrumpHaters
Oct 28, 2017

by Nyc_Tattoo

holy poo poo

"chris you fat faced gently caress"

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

Isn't this the guy who made a bunch of critical videos, then apologized and said he was going to try be more positive and balanced?

:lol:

He directly calls Chris Roberts a narcissistic fat faced gently caress.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Someone tell that dude I'll hook him up with an SA account. We need a better MoMA (no offense, toast)

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer
even though the first day looks really, really loving bad, the 28th is going to be the real sale point day. the $2,500 javelins will be sold in limited quantities (200 of them) and the 28th will also see the carrack as well

that will be the real day to judge how well this sale is going

reminder that the anniversary sale is over on the 2nd of december, a week from now

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

I agree with the guy who says that 3.0 probably needed another month to really shine.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Dusty Lens posted:

I agree with the guy who says that 3.0 probably needed another month to really shine.
nah, two weeks, tops

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development

Great video

FailureToReport posted:

There's no depth in Star Citizen even in 3.0, like five years into development and the game feels shallower than loving Pokemon Go

:laffo:

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

Star Citizen 3.0 has come out in much the way Kevin Spacey has. Under duress and in an attempt to divert attention away from much bigger problems.

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

XK posted:

Isn't this the guy who made a bunch of critical videos, then apologized and said he was going to try be more positive and balanced?

He directly calls Chris Roberts a narcissistic fat faced gently caress.

"Playing star citizen is like watching my toddler die slowly and painfully."

Combat Theory
Jul 16, 2017

G0RF posted:

“Has someone explained to him what Alpha means?”

Shigeru Miyamoto once said...

But seriously FTR made the jump from Believer to Skeptic to Hater at warp speed. The scales have fallen from his eyes, he’s hulking out and pretty much now destined for the “Downvote And Move On” treatment of a RES Tagged Heretic.

Dude needs to join the party. He’s basically caught up with the thread circa late 2015.

You should read discord once in a while G0RF you might find some interresting stuff ;)

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer

TheAgent posted:

even though the first day looks really, really loving bad, the 28th is going to be the real sale point day. the $2,500 javelins will be sold in limited quantities (200 of them) and the 28th will also see the carrack as well

that will be the real day to judge how well this sale is going

reminder that the anniversary sale is over on the 2nd of december, a week from now
(this is from 2014, btw, and the anniversary sale absolutely ballooned. will be interesting to see how well they faire this year, but the sub 5 mil predictions are looking spot on for november now)

ComfyPants
Mar 20, 2002

G0RF posted:

That moon looks so incredibly cinematic. It's like I'm watching a scene from a movie...

... from 1902.

The 1902 version had much better collision detection.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

TheAgent posted:

fun with numbers

First Day Star Citizen Anniversary Sale Funding 2017: $434,735
First Day Star Citizen Anniversary Sale Funding 2016: $1,302,326
First Day Star Citizen Anniversary Sale Funding 2015: $633,883
First Day Star Citizen Anniversary Sale Funding 2014: $665,676
First Day Star Citizen Anniversary Sale Funding 2013: $242,069

for all you playing at home, the funding tracker for the 24th is complete at $434,735. That's an $867,591 decrease from last year or a 66.6% decline in first day sales, making it the worst opening anniversary sale day since 2013

But did they open the funding gates at the same time? I think we'll get a proper idea after the second day.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
yes, I believe last year also began around 13:00 PST or so

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
notice how there isn't a fake jeremy clarkson running around this year either, unless I've completely missed something

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Combat Theory posted:

You should read discord once in a while G0RF you might find some interresting stuff ;)

I pop-in and lurk sometime- just to try to keep caught up. I've been slower to rejoin the interactions there but I do plan to. My schedule has been so hectic that the Thanksgiving holiday is the first sustained break I've had in a couple of months (hence my recent increase in posting.) So I'll definitely not be absent from the gang too much longer -- whether there are years left in this deflating bubble or only months there's no group I'd rather discuss it with than this heartily, clever, insightful crew of gents and ladies!

Also, apropos of nothing, Batgirl is playing 3.0 and she couldn't be more excited about where things are going!

Click to experience death by door.

G0RF fucked around with this message at 04:20 on Nov 25, 2017

Combat Theory
Jul 16, 2017

G0RF posted:

I pop-in and lurk sometime- just to try to keep caught up. I've been slower to rejoin the interactions there but I do plan to. My schedule has been so hectic that the Thanksgiving holiday is the first sustained break I've had in a couple of months (hence my recent increase in posting.) So I'll definitely not be absent from the gang too much longer -- whether there are years left in this deflating bubble or only months there's no group I'd rather discuss it with than this heartily, clever, insightful crew of gents and ladies!

:3:

A Neurotic Corncob
Nov 12, 2016

A light wind swept over the corn, and all nature laughed in the sunshine.

literally did a spit take.

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

I finally got in to the PTU server and the frame rate you're seeing in the above gif is not an artifact of the compression process. The game actually looks and plays like that for me. It was also doing all of the weird flickering and ghost-image poo poo that it used to do in 2015 before I remembered that Star Citizen doesn't support SLI, and turned it off. So that hasn't been fixed in the last two years either.

Basically it's completely unplayable and not in a fun bugs that I can write about sort of way. The hangar is smooth as silk (but still glitchy) so I think it has to be the sheer number of ships they're allowing people to spawn at the start zone.

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

FailureToReport posted:

It's a digital item and you guys are defending them increasing the price arbitrarily whenever the gently caress they want. Stop! This is literally how loot boxes got to where they are and now we're with CIG loving jpeg prices creeping up whenever the gently caress CIG feels like raising it and people pay for it.

SCtrumpHaters
Oct 28, 2017

by Nyc_Tattoo

im telling you, they only get mad when cig fucks with the jpegs. Thats what most of that dudes past rants were about.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

G0RF posted:

Also, apropos of nothing, Batgirl is playing 3.0 and she couldn't be more excited about where things are going!

Click to experience death by door.

I truly don't understand. I mean, what kind of hyper-pushover do you have to be to be fed poo poo for 5 years and still be all peppy and "gee, what a cute little bug"?. Like, what the gently caress, you have paid thousands of dollars for the experience, at least demand piss.

RearmingStrafbomber
Jan 29, 2009

1-1-2029, tonight the stars are shining bright

For some reason I feel like playing Wipeout.

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

Beet Wagon posted:

Someone tell that dude I'll hook him up with an SA account. We need a better MoMA (no offense, toast)

Non taken, since I'm not Toast. I am, however, testing and reporting bugs in 3.0 - the very same that Smart said would never be released.

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

ManofManyAliases posted:

Non taken, since I'm not Toast. I am, however, testing and reporting bugs in 3.0 - the very same that Smart said would never be released.

Please if your salary can afford you better baits, buy and use them, thanks.

- A concerned troll to a troll

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

TheAgent posted:

also whats with the roberts and naming their poo poo anvil and forge and poo poo like they are running the local smithy
Old game developers loving love blacksmithing analogies for some reason. Bungie's FPS editor tools were all called things like Anvil and Forge, and I think that carried over into Halo.

(Their RTS editor tools for Myth were called Fear and Loathing, and as such they were probably way better.)

RearmingStrafbomber
Jan 29, 2009

1-1-2029, tonight the stars are shining bright

The Kins posted:

Old game developers loving love blacksmithing analogies for some reason. Bungie's FPS editor tools were all called things like Anvil and Forge, and I think that carried over into Halo.

(Their RTS editor tools for Myth were called Fear and Loathing, and as such they were probably way better.)

And Valve uses Hammer.

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

RearmingStrafbomber posted:

For some reason I feel like playing Wipeout.

Zen mode on Wipeout HD was my jam for a long time. Anytime I was rolling or frying I'd take about 20-30 minutes to get in a couple of games and it was amazing. Pretty fun sober, too. Last time I checked (years ago) I was right outside the top 100 on a couple of the tracks.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JtW12RjtStM

was this posted before?

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

A Neurotic Corncob posted:

literally did a spit take.

Later in the video, she experiences death by planet — it vanishes when she exits her ship to touch down on it.

At the end, she decides to role play escaping for a crash landing. Her ship touches down fine, and then...

“Batgirl posted:

“This is my first time in Star Citizen 3.0. It is amazing! There will be more of this coming!”
Keep doing what you’re doing!

It was but it’s gold and I’m glad to have watched it again.

G0RF fucked around with this message at 05:24 on Nov 25, 2017

ComfyPants
Mar 20, 2002

G0RF posted:

Later in the video, she experiences death by planet — it vanishes when she exits her ship to touch down on it.

At the end, she decides to role play escaping for a crash landing. Her ship touches down fine, and then...

Looks like someone didn't buy the official Star Citizen parachute. $500, if it fails to open, no refunds.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Scruffpuff posted:

It's true. This is a religion now, not a game. You're witnessing the birth of Scientology Lite. In a manner of speaking, Derek is indirectly responsible for this being elevated into immortality in the way it has. You can't have God without a Devil.

Had Derek never bothered getting involved, the game would be dead right now. But the humor would have never reached these levels, and CIG would not have created a voluntary online pedophile quarantine zone. So I think it's probably a net gain.

:perfect:

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

TheAgent posted:

fun with numbers

First Day Star Citizen Anniversary Sale Funding 2017: $434,735
First Day Star Citizen Anniversary Sale Funding 2016: $1,302,326
First Day Star Citizen Anniversary Sale Funding 2015: $633,883
First Day Star Citizen Anniversary Sale Funding 2014: $665,676
First Day Star Citizen Anniversary Sale Funding 2013: $242,069

for all you playing at home, the funding tracker for the 24th is complete at $434,735. That's an $867,591 decrease from last year or a 66.6% decline in first day sales, making it the worst opening anniversary sale day since 2013

:allears:

I'm not worried. The game is fully funded.

----------------

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Oh look! I wondering when this poo poo stain was going to jump in.

----------------

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Triple post C-C-C-C-Combo Breaker!

ComfyPants posted:

Looks like someone didn't buy the official Star Citizen parachute. $500, if it fails to open, no refunds.

Has anybody posted what happens if the pilots leaves his seat while the ship is floating around in a planet? Does gravity start to act upon the ship or does it keep floating in the air?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hardycore
Nov 4, 2009
I think its more an identity than a religion, an empowering, media-abetted fantasy for sale for embittered men, much like Trumpism.

And no amount of ill treatment by the provider of that amazing new identity will turn its adherents against it, as we've seen time and again in this age of madness.