Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Krinkle posted:

Zelda pissed directly outside the back of a bar where the wait staff will have to splash through her piss to throw out the trash later that night so I don't think she should be getting on a high horse w/r/t public urination. This happened like last week.

But she's a woman with Correct Opinions so it's cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

So did pretty much everyone do a "Turkey didn't thank Trump" comic?

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

But she's a woman with Correct Opinions so it's cool.

Or you’re just being really weird about misinterpreting the comic? The point was not that people shouldn’t pee outside, the point was about double standards.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
I honestly can't tell if Zelda is an example of insufferable people playacting at progressiveness or a brilliant satire of the same. I suspect it's the first trying to be the second.

Having said that, don't loving piss outside unless you're in the goddamned wilderness.

Vincent Van Goatse fucked around with this message at 02:18 on Nov 25, 2017

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Actually pretty funny if you're aware of the long running "Marmaduke is a dark and evil God" joke.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Lightning Knight posted:

Or you’re just being really weird about misinterpreting the comic? The point was not that people shouldn’t pee outside, the point was about double standards.

Using the worst strawman argument outside Branco.

U.T. Raptor
May 11, 2010

Are you a pack of imbeciles!?

So what's the deal with the UK, is the government just sort of spinning its wheels and hoping everyone forgets Brexit was a thing (because they're well aware it's a terrible idea), or are they just too busy backstabbing each other to actually do it? Because their politoons seem to have been basically the same for months and it's kind of surreal.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
I do seriously wonder if there's an unspoken agreement between basically everyone in the UK and EU governments to just not go through with it and democracy be damned, yeah.

It seems really not good to me.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Tax Reform is big, and important, and we should do something, but the chucklefuck Republican Senate can't manage it. A Good Varvel?!

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Samurai Sanders posted:

I do seriously wonder if there's an unspoken agreement between basically everyone in the UK and EU governments to just not go through with it and democracy be damned, yeah.

I mean, the vote was never binding to begin with, right? They could have just been like "it's close enough we're not going to do anything".

SpeakSlow
May 17, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Stultus Maximus posted:

Using the worst strawman argument outside Branco.

Well, if the strawMAN has to pee...

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Samurai Sanders posted:

I haven't been following closely but I really do think that's the case. Neither side wants to actually be the ones to pull the trigger, so they're going to hem and haw and jawbone each other until it's been so long that they can hold another non-binding referendum which would produce a "Stay" vote.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

That's the same reason May hasn't been outed yet either, right? Since literally no one wants to be the one holding the Brexit ball?

Mister Mind
Mar 20, 2009

I'm not a real doctor,
But I am a real worm;
I am an actual worm

I hope her butt was unmolested :ohdear:

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

I haven't been following closely but I really do think that's the case. Neither side wants to actually be the ones to pull the trigger, so they're going to hem and haw and jawbone each other until it's been so long that they can hold another non-binding referendum which would produce a "Stay" vote.

The trigger has already been pulled, if the EU wants to be dicks about it.

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The product of hundreds of hours of scientific investigation and research.

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry

Having said that, don't loving piss outside unless you're in the goddamned wilderness.

Take some time, use a shovel and build a latrine. If you don't know how get a boyscout/girlscout/wilderness survival manual. loving a people, don't loving pee over bridges or into canals either. It isn't that loving hard.

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

Nah, it's Bill Kristol.

U.T. Raptor posted:

So what's the deal with the UK, is the government just sort of spinning its wheels and hoping everyone forgets Brexit was a thing (because they're well aware it's a terrible idea), or are they just too busy backstabbing each other to actually do it? Because their politoons seem to have been basically the same for months and it's kind of surreal.

They already started the process, so they have two years from March of this year to finish up all the negotiations on the terms of the separation. If they don't... then they get kicked out and have nothing to show for it.

The UK seems to be following the Trump model of "You need us more than we need you!" negotiating, and it's not working.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

A...good Ramirez? What's the catch here? Where's the crosshatch that explains this is all ObamaDebt's fault?

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

the_steve posted:

A...good Ramirez? What's the catch here? Where's the crosshatch that explains this is all ObamaDebt's fault?

The catch is he drew 2 goddamn Geralds instead of drawing actual people.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!

U.T. Raptor posted:

Theresa May hosed everything up for herself by calling an election that was supposed to increase the Tory majority (and cement her authority as the new party leader), but actually lost seats and forced her into an alliance with a tiny group of hard-right Irish religious wingnuts. As a result she's being held hostage by her own party's much more numerous wingnuts who want a 'hard Brexit' (just cut and run from the EU, and any consequences will be trivial because "they need us more than we need them", "let the British lion roar", Singapore-on-Thames, bliddy blah), so can't make any sensible deals with the EU without risking a leadership challenge from the Johnny-Foreigner-hating right. The result is a backstabbing stalemate of idiocy that would be hilarious if not for the fact that it's going to wreck the country for generations.

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

Brexit is a bad thing because the EU needs to stick together against Russian, Chinese and US market influences.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

You can tell this isn't actually the answer because it involves hope for the future, and we're talking about the UK here.

Red Bones
Aug 9, 2012

"I think he's a bad enough person to stay ghost through his sheer love of child-killing."

U.T. Raptor posted:

The government is essentially paralysed. They are obliged to leave the EU because they are a democratic government, and they therefore have to respect the results of a democratic referendum. But as the referendum never provided details for how the country should leave the EU, or what the post-exit agreement with the EU would be, all of that is up to political debate. As both Labour and Conservative parties are very divided internally over what the exit deal should be (or if the country should leave the EU at all), it's impossible to get concrete political support for any particular exit deal, which means negotiations are pretty much at a standstill.

The general election in June was meant to solve this problem by taking the conservative majority in parliament from about 8 to maybe 28 or so, but instead the conservatives lost their majority entirely. It will probably take another election, or another national referendum, to resolve the issue and actually put political power firmly behind one exit plan. But the Brexit referendum was a disgusting pile of lies in the first place (promising the public that leaving would be easy and profitable), so I'm sure the same thing would happen if another referendum was held.

Adding to that, the conservative party desperately doesn't want to hold another election because it would probably end up in a victory for the far-left Labour Party, which they are convinced would be even worse for the country.

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

Mister Mind posted:

I hope her butt was unmolested :ohdear:

RIP Miguel. :(

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Red Bones posted:

The government is essentially paralysed. They are obliged to leave the EU because they are a democratic government, and they therefore have to respect the results of a democratic referendum. But as the referendum never provided details for how the country should leave the EU, or what the post-exit agreement with the EU would be, all of that is up to political debate. As both Labour and Conservative parties are very divided internally over what the exit deal should be (or if the country should leave the EU at all), it's impossible to get concrete political support for any particular exit deal, which means negotiations are pretty much at a standstill.

The general election in June was meant to solve this problem by taking the conservative majority in parliament from about 8 to maybe 28 or so, but instead the conservatives lost their majority entirely. It will probably take another election, or another national referendum, to resolve the issue and actually put political power firmly behind one exit plan. But the Brexit referendum was a disgusting pile of lies in the first place (promising the public that leaving would be easy and profitable), so I'm sure the same thing would happen if another referendum was held.

Adding to that, the conservative party desperately doesn't want to hold another election because it would probably end up in a victory for the far-left Labour Party, which they are convinced would be even worse for the country.

You don't know much about British politics, or indeed politics in general, if you think the Labour Party are far left. Jeremy Corbyn has at least dragged them back left of the traditional centre, but they're not Full Communism Now Marxist-Leninist-Stalinist Trotskyites in the eyes of anyone other than the right wing press, who consider Idi Amin to be a dangerous pinko liberal.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Kids with letter combinations?

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

"Letter combinations"?

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Like ADHD maybe?

Semquais
Dec 5, 2013

Jay Rust posted:

Like ADHD maybe?

Pretty much yeah.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_abbreviations_for_diseases_and_disorders

Red Bones
Aug 9, 2012

"I think he's a bad enough person to stay ghost through his sheer love of child-killing."

Jedit posted:

You don't know much about British politics, or indeed politics in general, if you think the Labour Party are far left. Jeremy Corbyn has at least dragged them back left of the traditional centre, but they're not Full Communism Now Marxist-Leninist-Stalinist Trotskyites in the eyes of anyone other than the right wing press, who consider Idi Amin to be a dangerous pinko liberal.

Maybe far-left was the wrong term, I was using it in reference to the contemporary situation in UK politics where vanilla neoliberalism has pretty much taken the centre ground, and Corbyn Labour is situated significantly farther left than New Labour was. Please don't mistake this for me thinking that Jeremy Corbyn wants to set up Welsh Gulags or something. What would you suggest as a better term? Solidly Left-Wing? Relatively Far-Left?

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Red Bones posted:

Maybe far-left was the wrong term, I was using it in reference to the contemporary situation in UK politics where vanilla neoliberalism has pretty much taken the centre ground, and Corbyn Labour is situated significantly farther left than New Labour was. Please don't mistake this for me thinking that Jeremy Corbyn wants to set up Welsh Gulags or something. What would you suggest as a better term? Solidly Left-Wing? Relatively Far-Left?

Corbyn is solid left wing. The party as a whole is better described as left-leaning.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
The overton window has shifted so much that what was center-right in the 1980s is now far-left.

If Reagan or Thatcher came back from the dead, they would be considered center-left today.

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Electric Phantasm posted:

What did Charles Martinet do? :(

Just look at this. Disgusting old man!

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

Red Bones posted:

They're not obliged to leave the EU, because the referendum was non-binding and very close. And the Tories being convinced that Labour would be worse for the country is suspect at best - the Tories are just disaster capitalists, and this is shaping to be quite the disaster.

dougdrums
Feb 25, 2005
CLIENT REQUESTED ELECTRONIC FUNDING RECEIPT (FUNDS NOW)

FronzelNeekburm posted:

Have we figured out what dangerous idea the Las Vegas shooter had, that we could fight against?

lovely American gun culture? "Terrorism" may have been the wrong word, but no matter his motives, American culture fostered that act.

Iirc I think the cartoonist in question is generally follows the right, but I can't read it as pro-gun unless I just get angry of the mention of guns and use zero critical thinking whatsoever.

Also after catching up: mods please gently caress up anyone who makes more than two posts about video games. Especially if they're thinly veiled misogynistic losers. Nobody gives a poo poo about games for children itt.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Payndz posted:

Theresa May hosed everything up for herself by calling an election that was supposed to increase the Tory majority (and cement her authority as the new party leader), but actually lost seats and forced her into an alliance with a tiny group of hard-right Irish religious wingnuts. As a result she's being held hostage by her own party's much more numerous wingnuts who want a 'hard Brexit' (just cut and run from the EU, and any consequences will be trivial because "they need us more than we need them", "let the British lion roar", Singapore-on-Thames, bliddy blah), so can't make any sensible deals with the EU without risking a leadership challenge from the Johnny-Foreigner-hating right. The result is a backstabbing stalemate of idiocy that would be hilarious if not for the fact that it's going to wreck the country for generations.

:911::hf::britain:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

dougdrums posted:

Also after catching up: mods please gently caress up anyone who makes more than two posts about video games. Especially if they're thinly veiled misogynistic losers. Nobody gives a poo poo about games for children itt.

:thunk:

• Locked thread