Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gynovore
Jun 17, 2009

Forget your RoboCoX or your StickyCoX or your EvilCoX, MY CoX has Blinking Bewbs!

WHY IS THIS GAME DEAD?!

wizard on a water slide posted:

it's still up, gaz late even to shut down their game

Maybe the admins are all "Gaz is going to fire us anyway, so gently caress them, let the players have a few more hours of fun."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert
During my time in the groot force you guys let me tag along on a raid even though I was geared bad and never raided in MH before.

I don't think I got anything good other than memories but I can't equip those.

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Your screenshot even captured a bad opinion by chelatek

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

Density 2 see you there.

Warframe and POE are your only other options. So you got 3. That’s how many bad multiplayer games there are right now. There’s literally 3, and only 3, to play with a large group of people.

Warframe is good. I wanna get into POE but it's confusing.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

long-rear end nips Diane posted:

New league starts Dec 8, come join us then and we will hold your hand and teach you the wonders of the skill tree. We even have a Marvel Heroes guild that ICR founded then immediately abandoned, so you will feel right at home

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Drythe posted:

kind of shooting fish in a barrel there, though

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!
Wait, poo poo, I thought this ended in December. Oh well...

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

long-rear end nips Diane posted:

poe beats the hell out of warframe if you give it a chance to sink in (the only good way to do this is by swimming in my experience)

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

I voted Marvel Heroes for my Steam Awards write-in of "Goodnight sweet prince"

It's kind of pathetic how many people have gone and edited their reviews of the game to negative based on the fact that it's closing.

Also PoE owns, but the key to getting a handle on it is following someone else's build because it's basically impossible to get your head around what you need to spend skill points on and what you want gear-wise without that structure guiding you the first time. Generally builds posted have a lot of leeway for skills and personal embellishments - I copied a Ghost Rider build (Summon Raging Spirits) and by level 40 was confidant enough to swap some skills around and choose a few different options in the skill tree; in the last race I did the same build but changed out half the skills to experiment, so instead of taunting totems and zombies I swapped in a totem that spams out aoe-cleaving skeletons.
Last night I logged back into my first character that had stalled out at like level 60 and even though I've been playing a completely different character (ranged, summoner as opposed to melee) I could instantly see a dozen ways to improve him that I couldn't have even imagined when I was playing him.

Gynovore
Jun 17, 2009

Forget your RoboCoX or your StickyCoX or your EvilCoX, MY CoX has Blinking Bewbs!

WHY IS THIS GAME DEAD?!

Ghostlight posted:

It's kind of pathetic how many people have gone and edited their reviews of the game to negative based on the fact that it's closing.

Most of the posts were "Game is closing, do not buy Gazbucks".

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

instead of destiny or PoE if you guys want there's a game called minecraft thats out

i made a house in it and you can come crash for a while I have lots of meat and bread. its pretty chill and we can just hang out or whatever. my girlfriend left so there's an extra room but her dealer still comes by sometimes and he's cool.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Tom Gorman posted:

instead of destiny or PoE if you guys want there's a game called minecraft thats out

i made a house in it and you can come crash for a while I have lots of meat and bread. its pretty chill and we can just hang out or whatever. my girlfriend left so there's an extra room but her dealer still comes by sometimes and he's cool.

i made a player skin for minecraft like 8 years ago or whatever and im going to share it here with the MH thread

please enjoy this official Groot Force Minecraft Skin

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

did one last run through all the terminals on cosmic difficulty. half as squirrel girl, half as spidey. was still fun to do. enjoyed some of the newer terminals i had never touched like the Sinister Six one, which was pretty cool on spider-man

i thought it would shut down before i was done but i guess that didnt happen. either way, thanks for all the good times with superheroes, goons. groot force lives on in our hearts, and souls, staining us eternally and barring us from entry to heaven

Celebrity Ghost
Sep 26, 2007

I just found out about this today. Like everyone else, I'm not surprised but still disappointed; MH is like the definition of 'wasted potential'.

Still, during it's peak, it was a F2P game that didn't feel completely and utterly predatory. The constant sales and promo codes during the good years really pulled a lot of good will. I probably spent $100, as a generous guess, but it was likely way less because I only ever bought G's on sale.

Some favorite memories: Mangeto typo, Squirrel Girl tanking framerates so bad they had to remove the bones from her squirrels, Item Guy's eternal vacation, and Arboc's glorious cosmic Markov-bot music video (sadly lost to the sands of time, RIP in peace)

Ultimately I rate a superhero game by how well I can be the Juggernaut, and I give it 7/5 Juggernauts, one for every prestige and She-Hulk acting as bonus points. That made this the best Marvel game since MvC2.

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot

Drythe posted:

Best line was "Silly bear!"

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

I miss the wild frontier days of free random hero codes appearing in the wilderness where we'd have pages of "I got spiderman" "I got cable" "I got a rock I mean the Thing" followed by pages of "I missed it" "Anyone grab an extra code?" Good times. Now if only people would learn their lesson and not support this type of greedy game where you shell out for waifus, barbie outfits and boosts. Oh well back to Future Fight and Avengers Academy I go.

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot

bagrada posted:

Now if only people would learn their lesson and not support this type of greedy game where you shell out for waifus, barbie outfits and boosts.

YEAH!

bagrada posted:

Oh well back to Future Fight and Avengers Academy I go.

:laffo:

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

bagrada posted:

I miss the wild frontier days of free random hero codes appearing in the wilderness where we'd have pages of "I got spiderman" "I got cable" "I got a rock I mean the Thing" followed by pages of "I missed it" "Anyone grab an extra code?" Good times. Now if only people would learn their lesson and not support this type of greedy game where you shell out for waifus, barbie outfits and boosts. Oh well back to Future Fight and Avengers Academy I go.

:thunk:

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011

1:15 in the morning and the game is not only still alive but desperate for my money.

godface zillah
Nov 18, 2012

Hold out for 90%

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers
~12:40am Gaz time. What is dead cannot die.

E: Just got another 24,000Gs when I re-logged. 47,425Gs total to do.. uhh... I dunno what with anymore.

Andrigaar fucked around with this message at 09:42 on Nov 25, 2017

Howard Beale
Feb 22, 2001

It's like this, Peanut
RIP in-game clock, you were too pure for this wicked world

ReConquista
Dec 16, 2006

Switch Flipper does what they did best. Nothing at all.
I'm gonna miss seeing people Kicked from the guild over and over again. The Win trading in PvP for exclusive titles. X'ing up for killing Zoo animals. I don't know this game after Blade was added and 'maps' where put in. Everything before that for me was some good times.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
I still miss the retarded Limbo murder-train and Cyclops' only movement power being a backwards roll

Random Asshole
Nov 8, 2010

The game is dead, and yet it shambles on. Marvel Zombies 2018!

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」
I'm actually wondering now if they didn't intend to kill the game earlier than the previous notice, just the parts of the staff that exist to make content (theoretically) and manage the community (nominally). The servers probably cost less than their salary, assuming they're not already paid up through end of year.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

So Gaz finally managed to gently caress it up to the point they had to kill it entirely. Not that surprising.

I kept meaning to log in and play more. I would every few months for a bit, see what new heroes were released, etc. Never really could keep my attention after awhile, though.

Oh well, I probably spent too much money on it, but I did get a bunch of playtime out of it so I guess it's not a total loss. Punchin' mans as heroes was fun, and I've played worse ARPGs. Back to Nioh for me!

flirty dental hygienist
Jul 24, 2007

All aboard the knuckle train to FIST PLANET!!

AzraelNewtype posted:

I'm actually wondering now if they didn't intend to kill the game earlier than the previous notice, just the parts of the staff that exist to make content (theoretically) and manage the community (nominally). The servers probably cost less than their salary, assuming they're not already paid up through end of year.

They game was supposed to just down 6 months ago apparently.

Differo Cathedra
Oct 9, 2012

To be honest it was 4AM when I started making the gif and even I don't know what it's supposed to be about by the time I finished it an hour and a few GIS searches later :effort:

Celebrity Ghost posted:

Ultimately I rate a superhero game by how well I can be the Juggernaut, and I give it 7/5 Juggernauts, one for every prestige and She-Hulk acting as bonus points. That made this the best Marvel game since MvC2.

Its amazing how much joy was produced by running up to bosses and dropping sick-rear end elbows.

Related:

frakeaing HAMSTER DANCE posted:

Best line was "I'm on a roll and not like my step-brother Chuck."

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

I just logged in. The game is STILL up. :allears:

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
The game is up forever now, its like a numbers station

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

The switch flipper's legacy, an undead game...

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Look who's playing Future Fight.

https://twitter.com/Asros/status/933868676108947456

Gibbering Madness
Nov 7, 2009

69 69 69 68
In honor of marvel heroes' death, punchy and yours truly proudly present the game's final content release:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJvj05r601I

Aborted
Aug 7, 2007

Boba Fatt

Gibbering Madness posted:

In honor of marvel heroes' death, punchy and yours truly proudly present the game's final content release:

This is amazing.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

it's... it's haunting

Rufio
Feb 6, 2003

I'm smart! Not like everybody says... like dumb... I'm smart and I want respect!
can't believe i got to enjoy that without having purchased the advanced pack. best value in mh

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013

I loving love you guys.

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007
In the beginning...the universe was created. his has been widely regarded as a bad move and has made a lot of people very angry.

Truly, the biggest loss of this game is mr 69.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts