Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Elysiume posted:

Getting IB gear is painful. Two pieces of armor in the first two engrams, nothing in the next six. :sigh:

I swear to god the "smart loot" algorithm actively tries to avoid giving you everything. Whatever IB armor piece I get first on a character? I'm going to get at least half a dozen or so dupes before I get a full set. It took over 30+ packages to get one IB helmet I wanted. It's retarded and makes me feel there's some shady poo poo going on behind the scenes... just like XP.

Or wayyyyy too much time seed in their RNG. Any time I open 3 exotics together, that's when I get 3 Amkara's Spine, 3 Sunshots, etc. Which seems very drat unlikely for pure RNG alone.

If they're going to stick with stupid tokens, just make it so you don't get dupes of event items until you get everything, or reduce the odds of dupes significantly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010

Fly Molo posted:

I swear to god the "smart loot" algorithm actively tries to avoid giving you everything. Whatever IB armor piece I get first on a character? I'm going to get at least half a dozen or so dupes before I get a full set. It took over 30+ packages to get one IB helmet I wanted. It's retarded and makes me feel there's some shady poo poo going on behind the scenes... just like XP.

Or wayyyyy too much time seed in their RNG. Any time I open 3 exotics together, that's when I get 3 Amkara's Spine, 3 Sunshots, etc. Which seems very drat unlikely for pure RNG alone.

If they're going to stick with stupid tokens, just make it so you don't get dupes of event items until you get everything, or reduce the odds of dupes significantly.

My guess with this is that at some point they decided that you should get better versions of a thing you like to use a lot. So, I think it weights drops towards most recently used items.

And then they implemented infusion.

E: also decreased exotic drop rates

Murgos fucked around with this message at 14:32 on Nov 25, 2017

DXH
Dec 8, 2003

Ne Cede Malis

Murgos posted:

My guess with this is that at some point they decided that you should get better versions of a thing you like to use a lot. So, I think it weights drops towards most recently used items.

And then they implemented infusion.

That would be great if implemented thusly; as in if you tend to use autorifles or Restoration armor primarily, you would get those types more frequently to change up your loadout while sticking to a particular spec.

In my personal experience, I've been using autorifles and swords almost exclusively since picking up my actium war rig (in both PvE and PvP) and I can't tell you how many Cartesian coordinate fusion rifles I've sharded because laser shotguns don't fit my playstyle of plinking at dudes at medium range and switching to my sword for yellows/when I get a power ammo pickup. it's gotten to the point that I hardly get blue autorifles for infusion fodder anymore, just scouts and handcannons. Is it just the RNG refusing to grace me with good fortune or perhaps something a bit more insidious? I guess we'll have to wait for another Reddit effortpost.

Jacco
Sep 2, 2008
Anyone have a clan that has a regular crowd that organizes raids on a weekly basis? Ive been trying to organize raids but activity has been falling off lately so I am looking for a new group to join. I would really like to complete the prestige raid to finish my shotgun and its the only thing i have left to do.

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde
Anyone wishing to step up and create the next Destiny 2 pc thread? Maybe someone who actually plays this game on PC?

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

limaCAT posted:

Anyone wishing to step up and create the next Destiny 2 pc thread? Maybe someone who actually plays this game on PC?

What

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

THere's a good chance with these forums that when a thread gets above a certain number of pages it just stops working.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Ahhh yeah the fun ate a post and now notifications are hosed bug.

Tomahawk
Aug 13, 2003

HE KNOWS

limaCAT posted:

maybe someone that doesn't put 30 discords in the op, half of which are geared towards console players ???

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Lmao so exp is still hosed.

God what rear end in a top hat on that loving team cares so much about limiting how many bright Engrams I get lmao?

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
That bug only effects threads a specific mod posted in, but that being said if LIMA sends me a PM with his OP I’ll start a new thread, I love this game, warts and all, and already bought the season pass

Norns posted:

God what rear end in a top hat on that loving team cares so much about limiting how many bright Engrams I get lmao?

The one who will get totally fired if the executive board doesn’t get their microtransactional bottom line met

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

"We've created a system that rewards you for anything you do!"

Except if you want to do more than milestones get hosed

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

i'm actually pretty excited for the dlc, in the sense i am confident it will make this pretty mediocre game better, especially if the infinite forest is actually semi-repeatable.

Blizzard Diablo Dev Chad: you should make procedurally generated levels for end game players to have repeatable but fresh content while seeking out new and exiting loot and loot rolls, remember the point is to keep players happy with new and powerful rewards

Bungie Destiny 2 Dev Virgin: procedurally generated repeatable content, got it.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

limaCAT posted:

Yeah probably. Now that Marvel Heroes is dead as gently caress I can probably take this on.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Blizzard Diablo Dev Chad: you should make procedurally generated levels for end game players to have repeatable but fresh content while seeking out new and exiting loot and loot rolls, remember the point is to keep players happy with new and powerful rewards

Bungie Destiny 2 Dev Virgin: procedurally generated repeatable content, got it.

I would so much prefer d2 rifts over doing the same 4 strikes until I stop playing the game entirely.

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

Tomahawk posted:

maybe someone that doesn't put 30 discords in the op, half of which are geared towards console players[citation needed] ???

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Spanish Manlove posted:

I would so much prefer d2 rifts over doing the same 4 strikes until I stop playing the game entirely.

Yeah but they key with dynamic content is a reason to keep playing beyond just shooting poo poo.

It’s not like the actual gunplay is the issue here.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Spanish Manlove posted:

THere's a good chance with these forums that when a thread gets above a certain number of pages it just stops working.

that hasn't been an issue for years

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Futaba Anzu posted:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=0&threadid=3706208&perpage=40&pagenumber=291#lastpost

Samu
Jan 11, 2010

The only thing I hate more than hippie neo-liberal fascists and anarchists are the hypocrite fat cat suits they grow up to become.

Are the clans in the OP active? I'm looking for people to do the Nightfall strike with. I just hit *240.

If anyone wants to do it I'm on now SapperSam#1571

Ghetto SuperCzar
Feb 20, 2005

Samu posted:

Are the clans in the OP active? I'm looking for people to do the Nightfall strike with. I just hit *240.

If anyone wants to do it I'm on now SapperSam#1571

Get on the discord and ask in the lfg channel :-)

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Futaba Anzu posted:

the trump thread is at like 5000 pages

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

MAKE SOL GREAT AGAIN

GHAUL

edit: This isn't C-SPAM no

Waffle House fucked around with this message at 19:34 on Nov 25, 2017

Samu
Jan 11, 2010

The only thing I hate more than hippie neo-liberal fascists and anarchists are the hypocrite fat cat suits they grow up to become.
Why is there no public matchmaking for the nightfall or raid? I'm at 240 after a bit of grinding and now my only options are to grind out the same strikes over and over until I can get to 270 and do the raid?

I tried the discord, destiny LFG and the in game matchmaking (est 25 minute wait).

Well, the game was fun up until this point.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

They should just copy the group finder from WoW where you can search to join active groups for activities or start one yourself that people can submit requests to join.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

:ducksiren: CLAN AND COMMUNICATION/GROUPING STUFF TO PRINT AND HANG ON YOUR FRIDGE :ducksiren:

Sorry if this isn’t my place but I’ll try to summarize what you all should be doing for grouping and clanning on the PC:

1) There are 3 discords you should join. And it doesn’t really matter what clan you’re in as the 100 person limit screws everything up. We are all friends here. Yes, even that guy you hate and hates you back is your friend. Go to the OP and join the main discord (destiny goons), Serious Overchill if you want to play with those guys (Serious Overchill) and HOTDOG (SA Professional Elite Gamers...I lead the discord and you’re all welcome to join. It’s the Density 2 Channel). For all these channels, it goes without saying, be nice and be cool. Don’t be a dick in either of these 3 channels. We just want to play video games and shoot the poo poo amongst friends.

2) Clans: Here’s how they stand as I gather from reading this thread front to back:

HOTDOG-related clans (5): They’re all full.

Overchill (4) 3 are full. 1 is open with 73 spots remaining. It’s called GUARDIANS OF CHILLBEAR: https://www.bungie.net/en/ClanV2?groupid=2803613

KINK: They made a PC clan. Its called Shaxx Fifth Ave. It’s open with 58 spots open. https://www.bungie.net/en/ClanV2?groupId=2756378

DAB crew: It’s a new PC clan that is probably run by a cool person. You’ll have fun. https://www.bungie.net/en/ClanV2/Chat?groupId=2751145

MI Heroes: It’s run by my friend cbx. And he is super cool. It has a lot of spots open. Help him get it off the ground: https://www.bungie.net/en/ClanV2?groupId=2744238

Goon Tang Clan: It’s the Euro clan and it’s got spots for you! https://www.bungie.net/en/ClanV2?groupid=2849069 and they’re throwing their discord out there too: https://discord.gg/dTk7yxW

Goon Admirals Yachtclub: 62 and counting! Get in here for a real good time. https://www.bungie.net/en/ClanV2/Index?groupId=2731619

That’s where everybody who needs a clan should be going. Bookmark this. Sticky this. Print it and post it on your bed frame. PM me if you have questions. It’s a lifestyle, BABAY!!

I'm going to have the new thread up for the expansion and frankly, I want to get everything right with the clans and the ways we group up.

Basically, PM me what is wrong or missing here. I want it 100% accurate. I know the clan names for HOTDOG, Overchill and KINK, so that stuff is fine. It's the others I need. Keep the console stuff to the console thread please.

Let's have fun, group up, be nice and enjoy this undead game. Infrastructure rules.

Oh, and if there is something specific that isn't the OP already that you want in the OP, like Moana or Zavala riding a horse or Destiny players kneeling in front of the American flag, tell me that too.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Big Daddy Scarab Lord gunna make it all alright

https://twitter.com/thislukesmith/status/934489098294722560

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Are dusklight shards and similar only a chance to loot or something?

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Oxyclean posted:

You're hitting the loving 5 "chest" in 5 min lockout

Dietrich
Sep 11, 2001

Oxyclean posted:

You turn them in. They are worth rep like tokens.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
lmao someone in that reddit thread filed an FTC complaint about fireteam medallions or something

this is why gamers are trash

Snack Bitch
May 15, 2008

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Norns posted:

Wait, there's a limit on how many chests you can open?

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Dietrich posted:

You turn them in. They are worth rep like tokens.

I know what they're for - I was looting the objects and getting nothing.

Norns posted:

Oh that's lame. I thought it might have been something like that - this is silly with how easy it is to find that many in a short period with that one consumable.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Lt_Tofu posted:

I feel like the limit on chests was eased a bit but yeah if you open too many world chests/resource nodes in a set period of time they'll have nothing in them. Chests and resources seem to share the limit so never loot resources since they're only worth a fraction of a token anyways.

Has anyone run into Cayde chests being empty recently? I haven't had that problem since I started on PC.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Lt_Tofu posted:

YEP!

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

It's like they care about protecting economies that don't exist

Tomahawk
Aug 13, 2003

HE KNOWS

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

lmao someone in that reddit thread filed an FTC complaint about fireteam medallions or something

this is why gamers are trash

good we should continue to make micro transactions extremely toxic

esp after what bungee pulled with stealth xp nerfs so they could sell more bright engrams

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

If you pay real cash money for something that says it gives you a boost to XP and it doesn't give you that boost that's absolutely complaint-worthy.

Snack Bitch
May 15, 2008

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Norns posted:

It's like they care about protecting economies that don't exist

Thank God we can buy an item that tells us where all the chests are for four hours.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer

Republicans posted:

Has anyone run into Cayde chests being empty recently? I haven't had that problem since I started on PC.

Yeah, I had a couple turn up empty earlier this week.

• Locked thread