Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

but, but, he quoted a woke musical. that means he is progressive.

do these people actualy believe this bullshit? or is it just a useful oppression tool. i know its both but Christ.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

please don't die, Al-Saqr

Horseshoe theory posted:

...when was this true? :raise:
back in the late 90s when the internet became more widespread, all those silicon valley assholes said it would create greater understanding and less ignorance, among other magical things. turns out they were lying

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment

king salman loving sucks.

I'm an international terrorist now :cool:

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Death to all kings but especially to this one.

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

Vox Nihili posted:

:getin:

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Vox Nihili posted:

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

Babysitter Super Sleuth posted:

really, the biggest failure of Hamilton as a work is that it's a hip-hop retelling of early american history without a single song that involves Benjamin Frankin, the original american fuckman

this is no poo poo a thing that miranda's on record regretting, he had Franklin's song with Adams and Jefferson in France sketched out, gimmick was that as the Elder Rebel Franklin was going to be Fat Elvis

but you do that and you need to flesh out John Adams, and you do that you need to flesh out the quasi-war, and suddenly the show is four hours long

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Leaving Ben Franklin out of that musical is a mercy.

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We

Bip Roberts posted:

Please don't die for your posts.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Leaving Ben Franklin out of that musical is a mercy.

true. least he gets to remain untouched by that shittery. plus he is my favorite founding person whatever.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

lmao if thomas paine isn't your favorite founding father

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
My favourite founding father is the guy who wished that he would die from a lightning strike and actually did get Killed by by a massive lightning as an old man. That's how we should all go out.

Al-Saqr has issued a correction as of 23:17 on Nov 25, 2017

fabergay egg
Mar 1, 2012

it's not a rhetorical question, for politely saying 'you are an idiot, you don't know what you are talking about'

stay safe terrorist ghost

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

true. he is pretty much second. i just love Franklin, he was fat goon who was also really charismatic and funny and genuinely smart.

fabergay egg
Mar 1, 2012

it's not a rhetorical question, for politely saying 'you are an idiot, you don't know what you are talking about'

franklin was the best founding father and if anyone disagrees they ought to fly a kite in a storm until they are struck by lightning

fabergay egg
Mar 1, 2012

Benjamin Franklin hosed.

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

Dapper_Swindler posted:

true. he is pretty much second. i just love Franklin, he was fat goon who was also really charismatic and funny and genuinely smart.

he also entirely joined the revolution out of spite

he was a diehard royalist until he got probed by the royal society for his crimes in trying to backseat mod

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006
"it is 100% worth seeing HBOs John Adams just for the build up and context to every scene where John Adams and Ben Franklin are in the same room together" is a post i am making in the saudi arabia current events thread for some reason

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006
John "holy gently caress everyone chill the hell out, we have a job to do, why are you all making this so complicated for no reason, ESPECIALLY YOU JEFFERSON I THOUGHT WE WERE COOL" Adams

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Ze Pollack posted:

he also entirely joined the revolution out of spite

he was a diehard royalist until he got probed by the royal society for his crimes in trying to backseat mod

yeah. he basically got called in over some bullshit in the colonies, (i think it was something to do with the french Indian war) and basically got screamed at and dressed down for hours and then was let go. he hated them after that.

Willie Tomg posted:

John "holy gently caress everyone chill the hell out, we have a job to do, why are you all making this so complicated for no reason, ESPECIALLY YOU JEFFERSON I THOUGHT WE WERE COOL" Adams

adams is giant thin skinned prick who was petty as gently caress but i prefer him over jefferson. jefferson was just a weird but gifted goon who was a massive hypocrite about pretty much everything who jerked off to the idea of super agrarian perpetual revolution society and was also a rapist.

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

the marquis de la fayette

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Jazerus posted:

the marquis de la fayette

he was cool too.

idk why we dont have founding fathers thread in C-spam. it would be fun.

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Best Giraffe posted:

franklin was the best founding father and if anyone disagrees they ought to fly a kite in a storm until they are struck by lightning

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006

Dapper_Swindler posted:

idk why we dont have founding fathers thread in C-spam. it would be fun.

this is a good idea because it WOULD be fun so i did it. also tbh the tenacity of the amerocentric derail is getting a little crass IMO

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Best Giraffe posted:

The founding father "This Guy Fucks' category

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

The only founding father this thread should be talking about is King Abdulaziz ibn Saud.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

The only founding father this thread should be talking about is King Abdulaziz ibn Saud.

the oft forgotten one

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Kurtofan posted:

the oft forgotten one

He really believed in the 2nd Amendment. For himself, anyway.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Best Giraffe posted:

stay safe terrorist ghost

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

cyberpunk future lookin great

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Lol you guys are chumps the real pro level founding fathers are mohammad al saud and Mohammad ibn wahhab.

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

cyberpunk future lookin great

shadowrun got a lotta stuff right, but this is ridiculous!!

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Steven Cook from foreign policy is getting some of that fine saudi dick that Friedman is slurping.

https://twitter.com/stevenacook/status/933054390767964160

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

kissing saudi royal rear end is a time honored tradition

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Al-Saqr posted:

Steven Cook from foreign policy is getting some of that fine saudi dick that Friedman is slurping.

pounded in the butt by a camel, by chuck tingle

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/MarkLandler/status/935125068795039749

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Al-Saqr posted:

and by kissed, he means blown.

cool. trump and KSA have made the same mistake as the Iraqis in the 80s.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Good job everyone

• Locked thread