Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Together with all the other poo poo they did to the game, I consider it malice by stupidity. Especially when there are teams of people going "that's not going to work, that's bad for the game" that are working on systems and the lead idiots shove the bad poo poo through anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

huh
Jan 23, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
There really is a lack of vision.

My biggest pet peeve is the shot of your team before a crucible match. Sometimes the lighting is so bad you can barely tell what armour is on let alone discern colours properly.

I ordered a megabloks devil walker to Australia from the U.S. I loved D1 so much. I would never have done that for this game.

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

CheeseFactory posted:

Copied from bungie forums:

Roses are red,
Two tokens and a blue,
Destiny is dead,
And you know it too.

Hahahah

Lol

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013

Tei posted:

The way is described to me it was a system to slowdown people doing the same activity again and again.

So if you play the game normally, doing a public event, then a strike, then pvp, you will be less affected than if you do public events for 15 hours withouth pauses.

So seems a good system with good intention. A system to push people to grind by playing the entire game, not the most efficient activity.

Except that they loving hid the information that you were getting less rewards. So there wasn’t a feedback mechanism for you as a player to learn the grinding was inefficient. As far as you could see, based on the numbers the game was reporting to you, grinding public events was efficient.

Meanwhile, the weekly end game Light growing rewards were for four activities. Two required groups (nightfall & raid) and the other two were: play crucible & grind public events. For a mostly solo player, everything about the game was indicating that it wanted me to play a lot of public events during PVE times.

I’m not saying malice. I’m saying this is incredibly poor decision-making. It doesn’t matter how clever they are about the subtext, if the text of the communication all points in one way, then it’s real hard to learn what they really secretly wanted me to do.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Just loving give the exp it says it does jfc?! Are they legitamattly concerned about people getting loving cosmetics?

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

Man, I’ve been away from this game for about a month or so and holy poo poo has it become cancer. And from skimming this thread, the consensus on the Osiris expansion is that it’s no good?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Blind Rasputin posted:

Man, I’ve been away from this game for about a month or so and holy poo poo has it become cancer. And from skimming this thread, the consensus on the Osiris expansion is that it’s no good?

Everyone is assuming it will be no good because it's clearly not going to address fundamental issues in the base game. If those issues didn't exist it would be easier to get excited about the new content.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

haveblue posted:

Everyone is assuming it will be no good because it's clearly not going to address fundamental issues in the base game. If those issues didn't exist it would be easier to get excited about the new content.

Yeah what did anyone expect? This dlc was probably almost done before the base game releases. see also, Dark Below, 2014.

curiosity fucked me up
Oct 7, 2014
I hope they put an elo-based matchmaking system in the game eventually. My enjoyment of quickplay get interrupted a few times a day by running into literal destiny gods

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

haveblue posted:

That’s not really true. The reviews thus far have been disappointed due to the scale of the expansion itself. Unless Gamespot et al received a gimped version, the new patrol is so small that it doesn’t even allow sparrows. It’s not just that the fundamental problems aren’t addressed, it’s that it’s an incredibly shallow DLC. Will there even be a new weapon type? Doubt it.

Gonna laugh if the Lighthouse is a direct port over from Destiny 1 too.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Luke Smith on twitter:

Next week the Destiny 2 team will detail the systems side of the December update.

It includes: economy updates (vendors & acquiring their gear, tokens, legendary shards), investment updates (new reward systems for weapons & armor) gameplay updates, and more. (1/2)

Additionally, @knowsworthy and I will also be answering some questions and addressing community feedback we’ve been reading since launch.

See you soon. (2/2)

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Well it's floodin' down in Texas
All of the telephone lines are down

Menstrual Show posted:

you definitely gonna be laughing...

QuasiQuack
Jun 13, 2010

Ducks hockey baybee

Menstrual Show posted:

It's the same place, why would it not look similar? :confused:

They've made changes to it

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D

Norns posted:

Just loving give the exp it says it does jfc?! Are they legitamattly concerned about people getting loving cosmetics?

They are when you can buy them.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

Roman posted:

Luke Smith on twitter:

Next week the Destiny 2 team will detail the systems side of the December update.

It includes: economy updates (vendors & acquiring their gear, tokens, legendary shards), investment updates (new reward systems for weapons & armor) gameplay updates, and more. (1/2)

Additionally, @knowsworthy and I will also be answering some questions and addressing community feedback we’ve been reading since launch.

See you soon. (2/2)

"We hear your feedback bla bla bla bla"

Just loving fix it you lazy cunts

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!

CheeseFactory posted:

"We hear your feedback bla bla bla bla"

Just loving fix it you lazy cunts

i mean he literally said they will be detailing the december update

???

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

Legs Benedict posted:

i mean he literally said they will be detailing the december update

???

Trust me on this one. They will address 5% of the concerns and pat themselves on the back.

In other news i tested our things in ve and it looks like the xp, chest/material and gimmer cooldowns have all been removed.

Good. It was all pointless bullshit

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Details being: silver can now be bought in packages priced at $100 and $500! Sparrows in this season have a chance to roll a perk that allows you to reroll weapons! Pvp now on a flat surface with one rectangle for cover at each of the two spawn points, no heavy, no elemental, just kinetic low impact low fire rate pulses.

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k

Menstrual Show posted:

At least Shores of Time got a palette swap and C moved to the grotto

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

CheeseFactory posted:

Trust me on this one. They will address 5% of the concerns and pat themselves on the back.

In other news i tested our things in ve and it looks like the xp, chest/material and gimmer cooldowns have all been removed.

Good. It was all pointless bullshit

Actually nah the other two are still in hahha. gently caress you bungie

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013
The Division trip report.

I'm nowhere close to the end game but I am enjoying the game so far.

Setting: it's a wash. There is less SPACE FANTASY fun times and beauty but if you know NYC at all, it's a very lovingly rendered recreation. Lots of small details though it can all start to feel kind of samey. The fashion is far worse in this game as your two main looks are: drab street clothes & NEON MILSPEC CAMO CHAOS. Destiny's shaders and outfits are much more fun and iconic.

Guns & Combat: It's an RPG so enemies become bullet sponges pretty quickly, which makes things less satisfying if you are at all underlevelled. The aim assist is kind of all over the place and things tend to feel kind of swimmy. I haven't found a sensitivity setting for the controller that I like yet. The default sensitivity is awful; you turn so slowly you can't track targets. Still working this out. And I can't yet tell if things feel bad because I have low level guns or if the gunplay isn't great.

Movement is more technical than Destiny and obviously no one is flying all over the place. The controls for getting in and out of cover, moving between cover etc are kind of a jumble and my fingers are still getting used to them so every now and then I vault into the line of fire when I meant to do something else.

The Division lacks rocket launchers, swords, etc. But it makes up for it in: grenades you can use often & abilities that you can use often that respawn and feel fun and satisfying to put out there. We're throwing out auto turrets, seeker bombs, boxes that heal and revive everyone and all sorts of ridiculousness. In some ways the fighting feels more fantastical than Destiny's stingy melee & grenades. I have not levelled up to where I get a Super but from the description, these seem less I AM A GOD moments than cool abilities. But I am not sure.

Classes: The Division is classless and a big part of the end game as far as I can tell is picking skill and talent load outs with gear to break the system and do ridiculous things.

Co-op: THERE IS A BUTTON FOR MATCHMAKING AND WHEN YOU PUSH THAT BUTTON YOU GET MATCH MADE. This button works for finding people to wander around the world with, for specific missions you might want to undertake (when then transition into wandering around the world if the team wants to stay together), and just about anything else as far as I can tell. I have played so much more content with randoms than is even possible in Destiny.

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

doingitwrong posted:

The aim assist is kind of all over the place and things tend to feel kind of swimmy. I haven't found a sensitivity setting for the controller that I like yet. The default sensitivity is awful; you turn so slowly you can't track targets. Still working this out. And I can't yet tell if things feel bad because I have low level guns or if the gunplay isn't great

And there’s the reason why I’m not interested in playing any other shooters. I’ve been playing Bungie poo poo since 2001 and that gamefeel is just loving on point. Nothing has ever come close to feeling as satisfying.

Insane Totoro
Dec 5, 2005

Take cover!!!
That Totoro has an AR-15!
I just popped Doom in after buying it for five bucks this week.

It's.... Not as good as Bungo shooty.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

doingitwrong posted:

The Division trip report.

I'm nowhere close to the end game but I am enjoying the game so far.

Setting: it's a wash. There is less SPACE FANTASY fun times and beauty but if you know NYC at all, it's a very lovingly rendered recreation. Lots of small details though it can all start to feel kind of samey. The fashion is far worse in this game as your two main looks are: drab street clothes & NEON MILSPEC CAMO CHAOS. Destiny's shaders and outfits are much more fun and iconic.

Guns & Combat: It's an RPG so enemies become bullet sponges pretty quickly, which makes things less satisfying if you are at all underlevelled. The aim assist is kind of all over the place and things tend to feel kind of swimmy. I haven't found a sensitivity setting for the controller that I like yet. The default sensitivity is awful; you turn so slowly you can't track targets. Still working this out. And I can't yet tell if things feel bad because I have low level guns or if the gunplay isn't great.

Movement is more technical than Destiny and obviously no one is flying all over the place. The controls for getting in and out of cover, moving between cover etc are kind of a jumble and my fingers are still getting used to them so every now and then I vault into the line of fire when I meant to do something else.

The Division lacks rocket launchers, swords, etc. But it makes up for it in: grenades you can use often & abilities that you can use often that respawn and feel fun and satisfying to put out there. We're throwing out auto turrets, seeker bombs, boxes that heal and revive everyone and all sorts of ridiculousness. In some ways the fighting feels more fantastical than Destiny's stingy melee & grenades. I have not levelled up to where I get a Super but from the description, these seem less I AM A GOD moments than cool abilities. But I am not sure.

Classes: The Division is classless and a big part of the end game as far as I can tell is picking skill and talent load outs with gear to break the system and do ridiculous things.

Co-op: THERE IS A BUTTON FOR MATCHMAKING AND WHEN YOU PUSH THAT BUTTON YOU GET MATCH MADE. This button works for finding people to wander around the world with, for specific missions you might want to undertake (when then transition into wandering around the world if the team wants to stay together), and just about anything else as far as I can tell. I have played so much more content with randoms than is even possible in Destiny.

apt user name for the thread.

(the thread is bad, not you)

GodspeedSphere
Apr 25, 2008

Insane Totoro posted:

I stuck with it and learned to love Doom. Play as aggressively as you can for maximum fun. Makes destiny feel like gears of war after a while.

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k

GodspeedSphere posted:

Play as aggressively as you can for maximum fun.

This. I believe the designers said they tried to make the skate-park version of a shooter and that’s what it really feels like. Balls to the wall, always moving, always shooting. Turn the reticule into a dot (or off), max the camera angle, and turn the glory kill highlight off for maximum Doom.

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k
There’s no reloads except on the one true shotgun :getin:

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I played Destiny 1 until it was coming out my ears and I've been thinking about the differences between that game and this game a lot and the thing that keeps coming back to me...

Why dont any of the weapons or armor from the Raid make you better at the raid. Touch of Malice made you a god on Oryx, Outbreak Prime was great for basically all of Wrath, there was armor that made the Fallen barf up heavy ammo constantly.

Doing the raid made you better at the raid which motivated you to keep doing it. Destiny 2 doesn't seem to give a poo poo about incentivizing me to do the raid one bit. :( How the hell is Legend of Acrius gonna help me do anything in Leviathan?

Astoundingly Ugly Baby
Mar 22, 2006

"...crying bitch cave bitch boy."
- Anonymous Facebook user
Destiny 2 is bad

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

I enjoy shooters, I enjoy bungo ones the best, I enjoy being a space wizard.

D2 scratches none of the itches that D1 did for me anymore, and that's pretty loving impressive.

E: I wanted more shooterpg like we had, not this dumb shooter thing that handwaves some flavor text rpg at me.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
D2 was fun while it lasted, but it just... stops. There's literally nothing the game could offer now that would make me change my character, which shuts down the whole reward system and then it's just playing the same missions over and over again for their own sake.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

haveblue posted:

D2 was fun while it lasted, but it just... stops. There's literally nothing the game could offer now that would make me change my character, which shuts down the whole reward system and then it's just playing the same missions over and over again for their own sake.

That’s the problem. It’s not necessarily a bad game from the farm to the first time you finish the raid (it’s not a great one aside from the shootfeel) but that’s not what Destiny is about.

If you like the 4v4 pvp then hey have a blast, the game works for you. But with no end game to speak of and boring pvp what’s the point. Time to play other poo poo. Bye bye Destiny and social gaming. Bone Krew dick jokes now happen in Diablo.

Tezzeract
Dec 25, 2007

Think I took a wrong turn...

Insane Totoro posted:

The game turns a leaf when you get to the first Hell level - action becomes balls to the wall at that point.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Tezzeract posted:

The game turns a leaf when you get to the first Hell level - action becomes balls to the wall at that point.

That's like 2/3 of the way through though isn't it?

DO4M doesn't play like any other FPS, treating the enemies like threats to be avoided is a mistake. They're more like booby-trapped pinatas and your goal is to use guns to stagger them until you can dash in while taking inconsequential damage and rip their face off to recharge. It really rewards being aggressive and punishes being careful, there’s a reason the ultimate one-hit kill weapon is the chainsaw.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

IB is a total of 10 token rank-up + 7 daily challenge packages possible?

I like the xp transparency measures.

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

Okay, I distinctly remember being able to get the Flashpoint milestone with three Heroic events. Now it's taking five. Did they actually nerf PvE since PvP is doing so lovely?

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Father Wendigo posted:

Okay, I distinctly remember being able to get the Flashpoint milestone with three Heroic events. Now it's taking five. Did they actually nerf PvE since PvP is doing so lovely?

Varies by planet

OdinsBeard
Jul 12, 2003

I don't think about my hands too much. Just trying to hit the ball in the air. Hit the ball in the air!

Father Wendigo posted:

It takes less when it’s on Titan. Also killing the additional yellow bar enemy that shows adds progress.

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Varies by planet

OdinsBeard posted:

It takes less when it’s on Titan. Also killing the additional yellow bar enemy that shows adds progress.

UGH. I am really missing Stardew Valley at this point.

Also thanks.

edit: Why does Titan get more XP, I actually want to grind for that sweet Cosmonaut armor.

Father Wendigo fucked around with this message at 04:15 on Nov 26, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

OdinsBeard posted:

yeah there's a few things like that

in the faction events, the supply crates in lost sectors vary in number per LS based on how many LS there are on the world, I think roughly based on you completing it if you did each LS once*. So sectors on titan or Io have more boxes cuz there's only three or so of them on the world, but EDZ and nessus have more sectors with less crates in each one.

*i mean roughly, never seemed to quite work out that way for me but it was close