Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sleepy gary
Jan 11, 2006

Happy birthday I got you a $300/mo puppy lease.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

epic bird guy
Dec 9, 2014

zelah posted:

Uh I’m sorry if we’ve discussed this before, but

https://youtu.be/7RAZF4kJIh4

These people moved from Arizona to Chicago, bought a bunch of furniture because they moved in a car. They decided to take the train one stop to chipotle instead is driving, for the experience. They got yelled at by a homeless person and that caused them to move back to Arizona after not even 1 night in their apartment.

They broke their lease for the temporary apartment and their long term apartment, drove “2 or 3 days back” that night

He’s “business” is flipping houses.

Dude's name is loving Jaelin. That says enough

theHUNGERian
Feb 23, 2006

Ashcans posted:

Buy two, then you can make new horses and never need to buy again!

No! You buy two horses, so that you can use one as a donor when parts in the other break.

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004
This reminds me of the idiot who got mcscrooged by a rednick run puppy mill. Guy and his family drive 8 hours (one way) to get a dog (worth 3k), negotiates on the phone for a lower price but the redneck changes their mind and ups the price by $1k because she knew he drove 8 hours to get it. I wish I can find that post.

Is this a form of temporary insanity or assholery? Either she honestly believed OP knew about the deal (somehow, maybe OP is a mind reader?) and was taking care of payments OR she's a manipulative rear end in a top hat who wants to guilt sister into taking care of the debt. Either way, wow. I'd watch out the poor dane doesn't go missing.

Also from a while back, a related story:
https://www.reddit.com/r/legaladvice/comments/7a0jqq/petland_screwed_me_over/

quote:

Tl;dr Got ripped at petland and unknowingly signed for a 3 grand loan with 144% annual interest and I need a way to get out or reduce the ridiculous interest.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

brugroffil posted:

I could only make it half way. These are the two most sheltered people in the world.

Moving to Chicago and your first choice is food is a God dammed Chipotle, that's the most offensive part.

Chicago has the best homeless people. There's one by my work that screams at garbage cans and seems to always have a new guitar. I've never seen him play it, but he did throw it at a garbage truck once.

Mourne
Sep 1, 2004

by Athanatos

Mantle posted:

I thought great Danes don't need a lot of space because that aren't that active?

FrozenVent posted:

Great Danes are humongous but yeah, the ones I've seen are couch potatoes.

Lead out in cuffs posted:

The one I lived with liked to do sprinting laps of the very large yard, so YMMV.

Danes are large, yes -- but they tend to not be hyperactive. They need regular exercise, but a fenced yard is not an absolute requirement. You can responsibly and successfully raise a Great Dane in a townhouse or large apartment. Anything over 1200 sq ft should suffice, assuming two adults and no children. They are predisposed to health issues, as many large breeds are. You'll want to have disposable income and an emergency fund for vet visits and preventative care. Big Dogs are BWM, but so very GWL.

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX
way more people ruin their financial lives over a dumb cat or dog than horses, they are the real BWM animals

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Mourne posted:

Danes are large, yes -- but they tend to not be hyperactive. They need regular exercise, but a fenced yard is not an absolute requirement. You can responsibly and successfully raise a Great Dane in a townhouse or large apartment. Anything over 1200 sq ft should suffice, assuming two adults and no children. They are predisposed to health issues, as many large breeds are. You'll want to have disposable income and an emergency fund for vet visits and preventative care. Big Dogs are BWM, but so very GWL.

Big dogs are GWM because they're only around for like 6 or 7 years and they're the most loving and amazing dogs out there. Next to Labs of course. Might I suggest a Mastador? Best of both worlds. And they look awesome:

Mourne
Sep 1, 2004

by Athanatos

Solice Kirsk posted:

Big dogs are GWM because they're only around for like 6 or 7 years and they're the most loving and amazing dogs out there. Next to Labs of course. Might I suggest a Mastador? Best of both worlds. And they look awesome:

Bernese Mountain Dog = Bad Money Dog?

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Being homeless in cold rear end Chicago requires commitment.

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos

Mourne posted:

Bernese Mountain Dog = Bad Money Dog?

Those are even more genetic wastelands than great danes, expect then to die before the age of 8.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Elephanthead posted:

Being homeless in cold rear end Chicago requires commitment.

It's what makes our homeless a cut above.

Hoodwinker
Nov 7, 2005

Solice Kirsk posted:

It's what makes our homeless a cut above.
Seriously, our homeless aren't like those pussy-rear end Hawaiian homeless. We had a winter I think two years ago where it got to -35 degrees with wind chill. Our homeless are the tardigrades of the homeless kingdom.

Sic Semper Goon
Mar 1, 2015

Eu tu?

:zaurg:

Switchblade Switcharoo

Hoodwinker posted:

Seriously, our homeless aren't like those pussy-rear end Hawaiian homeless. We had a winter I think two years ago where it got to -35 degrees with wind chill. Our homeless are the tardigrades of the homeless kingdom.

Hobo natural selection?

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I one time saw a homeless man take a bottle of hooch out of a small paper bag, open the paper bag up, drop his pants and squat over the paper bag, poop directly into the paper bag with out looking, wipe himself with the bag when he was done, and then toss the whole thing into some bushes. That's the caliber and level of skill I expect from my homeless population.

Chicago is like going pro for the homeless. If you can't operate like that in subzero weather, then you better cut your homeless teeth in the minors like Portland or Seattle or something.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

SCA Enthusiast posted:

Dude's name is loving Jaelin. That says enough

I don’t think he chose it.

Hoodwinker
Nov 7, 2005

Subjunctive posted:

I don’t think he chose it.
He might have. You don't know. But the fact that he has it still speaks volumes.

crazypeltast52
May 5, 2010

He could subsequently choose to go by Jay, although that might be worse in Chicago after Jay Cutler's abyssmal performance before he was traded.

the talent deficit
Dec 20, 2003

self-deprecation is a very british trait, and problems can arise when the british attempt to do so with a foreign culture

Ralith posted:

I still want to know the answer to this. Is this some tiny corner of the market or the overwhelming majority of it or what?

they've issued ~700 million in tether. but it's ok, they have equivalent deposits in their accounts at a tiny polish credit union. take their word for it

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time
Maybe it is punching down to make jokes about how hard homeless people from different cities have to be.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

therobit posted:

Maybe it is punching down to make jokes about how hard homeless people from different cities have to be.

Seems likely.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

therobit posted:

You're just mad because our homeless could kick your homeless' asses.

You're probably right. We should stop before it starts going in an even weirder meaner direction.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Solice Kirsk posted:

You're just mad because our homeless could kick your homeless' asses.

You're probably right. We should stop before it starts going in an even weirder meaner direction.

It's all going to end in Bumfights: World Tournament.

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer
I've never actually been to Chicago except as a layover and I'm not entirely sure it exists outside the airport. Like I know no one personally who is from there and the combination of hot sweaty summers and heart-stopping cold just doesn't seem realistic. Chicago just exists so New Yorkers have something to feel superior about.

If it does exist then you could probably weaponize their homeless people.

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!

Krispy Wafer posted:

I've never actually been to Chicago except as a layover and I'm not entirely sure it exists outside the airport. Like I know no one personally who is from there and the combination of hot sweaty summers and heart-stopping cold just doesn't seem realistic. Chicago just exists so New Yorkers have something to feel superior about.

If it does exist then you could probably weaponize their homeless people.

I can assure you it exists but the winters are not cold at all anymore due to global warming. There was literally no snow accumulation at all December-February last year.

Hoodwinker
Nov 7, 2005

Nail Rat posted:

I can assure you it exists but the winters are not cold at all anymore due to global warming. There was literally no snow accumulation at all December-February last year.
Yeah it's terribly depressing. Also our state government is one of the most corrupt in the country outside of Alabama.

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer

Nail Rat posted:

I wouldn't get too complacent because extra snowfall is one of the symptoms of global warming. Temps may be higher, but so is precipitation.

What I'm getting at is it may be GWM to keep the homeless on your side since they'll be the ones who control the snow tunnels.

SpelledBackwards
Jan 7, 2001

I found this image on the Internet, perhaps you've heard of it? It's been around for a while I hear.

MLM activity has spiked up recently on my Facebook feed. Maybe it has something to do with wanting extra holiday spending money.

#justwaittillwerediamond

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Nail Rat posted:

We had that one day where there was 2" that hung around for 26 hours. Then the temp immediately went into the 40's and it rained. I'm loving global warming so far. It's a problem for my niece and nephew to deal with, but for me it's an extra month of women in sundresses and winters that don't drop below 20.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

Nail Rat posted:

We had some brief snowfall(that didn't stick) and low-30s temps a couple weeks ago, and that was noteworthy...when that would have been 100% normal(and maybe even a bit warm) for mid-November in the past.

Of course, the flip side is that our summers are getting even hotter and grosser.

SpelledBackwards posted:

MLM activity has spiked up recently on my Facebook feed. Maybe it has something to do with wanting extra holiday spending money.

#justwaittillwerediamond

Gee, who wouldn't trust a company with such a vague name and no indication of what the product is? (Because the product is the idiots who sign up)

checksin
Nov 23, 2006

I joined the new sensation, the #RXT REVOLUTION~!

:chillout:

he knows...

Mourne posted:

Big Dogs are BWM, but so very GWL.

This is the logic we’re using to justify how much we lavish on our (medium size) dog

Money goes in and happiness comes out

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS

SpelledBackwards posted:

#justwaittillwerediamond

Sounds good, changing my name to Brooke to guarantee success.

Giraffe
Dec 12, 2005

Soiled Meat

Fil5000 posted:

Sounds good, changing my name to Brooke to guarantee success.

That's a typo. Not sure how that extra o got in there...

Guest2553
Aug 3, 2012

Has there ever been a diamond/platinum/jesus-level MLM family that wasn't Chad-and-Becky as gently caress? Legitimately curious.

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.
Pretty much only white people

Colin Mockery
Jun 24, 2007
Rawr

Guest2553 posted:

Has there ever been a diamond/platinum/jesus-level MLM family that wasn't Chad-and-Becky as gently caress? Legitimately curious.

Intuitively, it doesn’t seem like something you’d be able to succeed at in America if you weren’t white, simply because of the demographics involved and how many people you’d need to sucker in and how you’d need to portray yourself.

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010
Hey remember when that Twitch streamer got busted for cheating on his taxes and tried to blame literally everyone but himself? Yeah it's Darksydephil's turn at somehow managing to gently caress up playing videogames for a living.

DSP Tries It: Not Paying His Taxes https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WHA6pYcsTgk

Watch as phil tries to due his standard nothing is ever my fault bullshit except this time instead of blaming lag or lovely AI or the developers of a videogame he blames his tax attorney and the laws of the state of Washington!

Choice BWM/BWL bits:

-moved to Washington state and never registered as a business

-has not payed state taxes for 3 years on said business

-https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WHA6pYcsTgk&t=350s "I look at this and this is bullshit like I don't owe my own business I don't legally there is no business out there that's called DSP Gaming"

APRIL 20TH 2017
"in addition there's tons of tax write-offs for the self-employed for example anything that I buy that's related to the business: a videogame, this controller, the cost of ink for the printer...the cost of electricity in the house, the cost of internet in the house...meaning I will not have to pay taxes for the amount of money of stuff that I spend on the business"

PRESENT DAY
"There's no business called DSP Gaming"

-government got an anonymous tip about phil's nonexistent business

-CT tax attorney tells phil that he thinks he should get a new attorney familiar with WA tax laws

-"I told him absolutely not you're responsible for this" (he's not responsible for this)

-"I'm strapped for cash I'm literally living paycheck to paycheck"

-pays for $800 retainer fee of new tax attorney with credit card

-phil owes thousands and thousands of back taxes even before penalties are assessed

-https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WHA6pYcsTgk&t=684s "There's nothing I could do to pay you it would just go delinquent" phil I don't think you understand how owing money to the US government works

-https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WHA6pYcsTgk&t=792s "I did nothing wrong, I did everything correct, legally everything was right"

-wat am i suppose to do

God how do these guys keep managing to gently caress up the easiest gig in life possible

here's the original video of the broadcast if you truly hate yourself and want to listen to this guy stammer and snort for an hour straight https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fyEXAtO5-NY&t=2s

A big flaming stink fucked around with this message at 02:49 on Nov 26, 2017

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

A big flaming stink posted:

God how do these guys keep managing to gently caress up the easiest gig in life possible
Because it's so easy that it never dawns on them that they might need to do things like "pay taxes properly" or "get off their asses for a day and find a tax attorney familiar with their state's laws".

Well, that and their gig comes with a horde of yes-men constantly assuring them that they've done no wrong and anyone who says otherwise is a hater.

SpelledBackwards
Jan 7, 2001

I found this image on the Internet, perhaps you've heard of it? It's been around for a while I hear.

Haifisch posted:

Gee, who wouldn't trust a company with such a vague name and no indication of what the product is? (Because the product is the idiots who sign up)

My favorite is the product line from the company called It Works!, because how could something that really works be a scam? Their big product is a body wrap that makes you look slimmer and... that's all it does.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sic Semper Goon
Mar 1, 2015

Eu tu?

:zaurg:

Switchblade Switcharoo

SpelledBackwards posted:

My favorite is the product line from the company called It Works!, because how could something that really works be a scam? Their big product is a body wrap that makes you look slimmer and... that's all it does.

"She's the Fastest".