Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

Holy poo poo what a ridiculous situation.

1.) Swap Tanana and Ryan's bullpen roles
2.) Billy Hamilton replaces Ben Chapman in all lineups
3.) Remove all personal catcher orders. Riding Downing the rest of the way.

I don't know what to do about the Megatheny/Downing conundrum and I won't know until season's end, if ever. But I've gotta figure drat near 100 points of OBP outweigh any ~intangibles~ that Megatheny brings. Plus Downing has his own intangibles, what with being a SL hero and all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Please make sure Tris Speaker is starting in CF in all lineups and not Pete Rose.

Lou Whitaker at second in all lineups.

LETS MAKE THE PLAYOFFS!!!

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

quote:

At that kensei, sat back in his chair and quietly smiled. A moment later, Jampact entered the room. "Honey," She called to kensei, "There appears to be a talking dog in a fedora, a duck and a rabbit riding on some sort of death machine, and they told me to tell you that they're waiting outside to kill you and destroy all hope in the Super-League."

I laughed so hard at this.

Grinnblade
Sep 24, 2007
Welllllp. Guess I know what I'm drafting.

AnAnonymousIdiot
Sep 14, 2013

From the Spiral Mountain Breegulls Management Team:

Oh no! I am not losing the lead!
Play harder you jocks! Our time of need
Is here! And
Nap you’re the temp 2B
Till Rogers gets better! To victory!

AnAnonymousIdiot fucked around with this message at 04:44 on Nov 26, 2017

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------
Despair will never let you down.
Malice will never disappoint you.

Expansion Cup 23, June: Sorrow

Team Statistics

Analysis

Fernando Rodney, the foundation of any good bullpen. Looks like he's sucking out the pitching ability from the other relievers.

Analysis

How in the everloving gently caress has Andrew Miller not picked up a loss yet?

Analysis

All is as it should be.

Analysis

Still a lot of dingers. Still not a lot of that whole "getting on base" thing. Also, if Felix is now deciding to be bad, then you've got some real issues in the pitching department.

Analysis

Just look at that pitching. This team is very probably going to win if that keeps up.

Analysis

So it turns out that guys like an 18 year old Jimmie Foxx might not be too great. Who knew?

Analysis

First place! But for how long?

Analysis

The comeback is real?

Analysis

Combs, Gehrig and Schang still hitting like maniacs. And the bullpen isn't a complete and utter disaster to boot!

Analysis

There's a pretty big scrum going on between fifth and tenth place right now, so anything is possible. The offense just doesn't want to get going, it seems.

Standings

Leaders

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

WEEK 24: A THING

Game of the Weak:

Old McDonald posted:

PART XI - EXHIBITION GAME

The shining sun. Birds chirping. The tell-tale sounds of a concession vendor peddling his wares. Lush, green, immaculately maintained grass, stretching on as far as the eye can see, punctuated by a diamond. A stadium organist playing memorable tunes. The temperature sitting at just the right level. Upon awaking, Anarchy found himself in some sort of baseball wonderland. He rubbed his eyes and looked around. The ballpark he was in was pristine. The scoreboard was spotless, the dirt comprising the basepaths was perfectly laid out, and audience members were shuffling about with a slight murmur of anticipation. The place resembled a minor-league ballpark more than anything he had seen in the Sub-Par League in its picturesque design.

It was only then Anarchy noticed he wasn't alone. Around him were eight other players, their expressions of confused marvel mirroring his own. He recognized these players as members of other Sub-Par League teams. One or two of them he knew vaguely from The Dugout Phone, but most of them were unknown to him. It seemed like they were minor league players like him. With their confusion still looming large, they were interrupted by a voice coming from the speakers. "Would the visiting team please take their places in the dugout? The home team will be with you shortly. And yes, that means you out in the field." With no other idea of what to do, the nine players took their place in the dugout, waiting for what may come.

Eventually, silence fell over the grounds. Anarchy looked towards the audience and found them all sitting in their seats, unmoving, unblinking. When he turned back to the field, an entire squad of baseball players had suddenly appeared there. Nine players, eight of which seemed to be entirely identical. Clones were nothing special in the Sub-Par League, but usually, they differ between each other in some way, but not these eight. They also seemed to be very generic - they had no outstanding physical characteristics at all. If you put their face amongst any random team throughout the ages and say that guy was a utility infielder, everybody would believe it. The ninth player seemed similar, but had several things about him that made him slightly unsettling to look at - one eye positioned slightly lower than the other, extremities that seemed slightly longer than their counterparts.

"This is loving weird." Luis Tiant summed up the situation succintly. "So, uh, are we like supposed to actually play these guys?" Buddy Lewis asked the rest of the group, receiving no answers. In lieu of answers, the voice from the speakers once again started to speak. "Visiting team, please take your places in the field now. The home team will bat first." Eric McNair was the first to leave the dugout, signaling the others to follow him. "Come on, guys, this isn't going anywhere if we don't play along. And hell, you look like you haven't actually played a real game in ages either. So let's just go and try and have some fun while we're here and figure out just what's going on later." With no real argument against it, the rest of the group made their way to the field, lining up the way they were used to, with the nine players somehow making a baseball squad with everybody fielding their preferred position.

With Luis Tiant taking the mound, one of the eight duplicate players set up in the batters' box, and the game was officially on. With the announcer's voice sounding from the speakers, serving as umpires for all bases, Tiant begun facing off against the clones, and doing well. It seemed that the clones were not particularly proficient in hitting, attempting to play like a contact hitter, but largely just grounding out weakly. The top of the first inning was over after about ten pitches, and the teams switched. Eric McNair was the first to face off against the other team's pitcher, the one player that seemed slightly off. As the pitcher got ready to deliver his first pitch, Anarchy felt uneasy, like a great magical power was about to be unleashed. He would be right.

The pitcher wound up, then unleashed a fireball that screamed straight by McNair, singing his bat in the process. McNair hadn't even moved, the radar gun clocked the pitch at approximately 200 mph, and the announcer called strike one. Anarchy recognized that this pitcher was undoubtedly a Fireballer, like Excelsior was, but who outstripped the capabilities any Fireballer Anarchy had seen had ever had. However, the next pitch was even more baffling. The pitcher once again wound up, and the pitch was shrouded in smoke the moment it left his hand, flying towards McNair, who helplessly hacked in the cloud. Strike two. Smoke balls were a useful tool to any Fireman that wanted to support their Baserunner comrades in a pinch, but the entire idea of the smoke ball was that it acted like a smoke grenade: You throw it at the ground and it sprays smoke around. This was some sort of variant that started emitting smoke immediately and also traveled further than a regular smoke ball.

Whatever this pitcher was, he had somehow combined the arsenals of multiple classes of magic pitching to create some sort of abomination super-pitcher, and the third pitch he threw reinforced that notion, as he unleashed an Eephus pitch that took approximately two minutes to come down, screaming past so quickly it was hardly visible apart from the hole it bore into the ground. Strike three, and out. McNair turned to complain, but found himself simply staring at the catcher, since the umpire was a disembodied voice after all. And how do you argue with a disembodied voice umpire? Dejected, he walked back to the dugout. The next two batters didn't fare much better, as the mysterious pitcher unleashed sinkers that dug through the ground before popping back up just before the strike zone, changeups that changed their speed three times on the way to the plate, and when a hitter showed bunt, he received a curveball that circled around his bat for his trouble. The side was quickly retired in an immaculate inning.

The game would develop into a pitcher's duel of the strangest kind: On one side, a normal pitcher was dispatching batters with relative ease due to their lack of hitting ability, on the other side, a superhuman pitcher was dispatching batters with pitches that should not have been physically possible. The game remained scoreless through the fifth inning, however, in the bottom of the sixth, a change began to occur - not a gradual one, but a more immediate one. The mysterious pitcher fired off another one of his fireballs, and with it blazing past so quickly, one could be forgiven for not noticing that the ball seemed significantly larger as it whizzed by. It was only as eyes turned back to the mound that they saw what had happened: The pitcher's hand had detatched from his arm and stuck to the ball, as the mound was starting to be stained red with the blood spurting from the place where a hand used to be.

Losing blood didn't seem to concern the pitcher at all, as he simply switched from using his right hand to his left hand, throwing in a bizarre one-handed motion. While it did take some of his velocity, a 160 mp/h ball is almost as much trouble as a 200 mp/h ball, and his other trick balls only had their effectiveness slightly dinged. He proceeded through the inning with no problems, and also had scoreless innings in the seventh and eighth, though he did allow a baserunner on a misthrown changeup that simply hung in the air above the plate, basically begging to be hit perfectly, though he didn't get far, getting picked off on the very next pitch. Tiant was starting to tire in the top of the ninth, and Anarchy volunteered to replace him, as he had a couple tricks up his sleeves himself when it came to pitching, and so he used his trick pitches to induce weak contact to the right side to ensure Tiant didn't have to field anything - since he was now manning the shortstop position. It worked, and the bottom of the ninth inning saw another twist in the road for the opposing team.

Setting up to throw the first pitch of the inning, the mysterious pitcher's left arm simply entirely fell off - as if it was held to his torso with shoddy glue that simply stopped sticking at some point. As he then bent over to try and retrieve the ball that was in the hand that was now laying on the ground, his head also decided that its destiny lie elsewhere, and it simply rolled down the mound, with the rest of the body collapsing in on itself. The rest of the players simply stared at the pile of parts that had now assmembled on the mound, unsure just how to proceed. Eventually, the speakers crackled to life once more, with a computerized voice speaking through them: "Primary test subject unable to continue. Abort experiment."

After that statement rung through the air, the ground began to shake as the entire park, bar the playing field, sunk into the ground, being replaced with a plate of cold metal that locked everything down beneath. The surrounding sights flickered and faded out, giving way to blank metal walls. The cloned players quickly shuffled off to the side, sealing themselves in lockers. The computerized voice spoke once more: "The experiment has been concluded. All external test subjects are to leave the premises immediately or risk being incinerated in the cleaning process." After that, a large "EXIT" sign flashed up on one side of the room, and given the statement they just heard, eight of the players decided they wanted no part of incineration and ran in that direction, leaving the catacombs of the stadium behind them. Anarchy, however, had other plans. He knew that the other two were still in this place somewhere, and he was going to find them.

Scanning the room, he found a side door over on the other side, and darted towards it, hoping it wasn't some sort of maintenance closet, and luckily for him, it not only opened, but revealed some sort of hallway. He entered it, slamming the door shut behind him and running down the hallway. There were no doors in sight for quite some time, and the hallway was silent except for a rumbling sound that was probably the contents of the room he was just in being burnt to a crisp. He kept running and eventually reached a large double-sided door. Anarchy opened it, finding a small sort of antechamber that seemed to be some sort of study primarily made for writing. Bookcases lined the walls, and the centerpiece was a large desk with an open book laying on it. On the right side of the desk lay a quill and an inkwell filled with blood, and on the right side lay some books, presumably reference material. Anarchy checked their titles:

- Progressive Atmosphere Manipulation For Fun And Profit, by mrnoun
- Contact, Speed And Why I'm Better Than You, by Pander
- Jesus loving Christ Don't Do This poo poo: A Treatise On The H-Zephyrs, by Smasher Dynamo
- The Anatomy Of The Dinger, by TheFlyingLlama
- Kontaktschlagmann Greift An / Achtung - Flugballwerfer!, by TheMcD

Finally, he looked at the open book, which so far had only the title and author written on it: "Banning The Dinger From Existence, by Armitage". He then heard the set of doors on the other side of the room open, and saw Armitage step through them. "You know, it's considered rude to just break into somebody's home and rifle through their documents. But I guess you types never had much of a sense of manners. No matter, you're coming with me now." Anarchy considered getting ready to fight, but the six abominations that stepped into the room had him reconsidering that strategy. Armitage laughed. "Now, now, don't try anything dumb. It's not like I'm going to kill you - in fact, you're going to be allowed to witness my greatest triumph! Come on, follow me!" He exited through the doors again, Anarchy following behind him, constantly shadowed by Armitage's creatures.

When Anarchy entered the next room, he was stunned. He didn't know what he expected, only that this wouldn't have been it.

editor's note: y'know, I wasn't really all that bothered that I made the two no-DH divisions wildly imbalanced since the schedule was balanced. So long as the Giants had at least the second-best record inthe league, I figured, I didn't gently caress up too badly. Then the Demonhunters swept the Giants (who are resting their players, another thing I didn't factor in) in 4 games. Oops

Yit'gadal v'yit'kadash sh'mei raba

Please finish with a better record than the 2nd place team in the other division.

It just hasn't worked. When your highest OBP is .356, it's just gonna be tough.

Man, dropping 2 of 3 at home to the Pippoes. What could've been...

Cthulhu was one of the most successful owners when I joined the league and I wanted to emulate him. Now I have.

Just tremendously unlucky. Get yourself into the final round with a strong week.

So, fun fact: I cannot make a roster update after the injury report. I mean, I can, but you won't see it until the subsequent update. The injury report is a byproduct of running the previous week's sim. In other words, please don't get frustrated for me not submitting your roster changes, as I do not have the power of time travel.

That pythag, much like JEB! himself, looks much better on paper than in practice.

Alright, Goog. It's probably too late to win your division. But a couple of strong weeks give you an 86-87 win season and probably keeps you out of the Gauntlet entirely.

FWIW, Yog-Sothoth is extremely good on defense.

Bob Friend gave up all 5 runs on 9/11. A second team has hit your commanding lead.

Shorten your rotation by 1 for the Gauntlet. Also consider putting Saberhagen in it.

This is turning into a really good race. HUGE series coming up, and you've got the right guys available. With the off day you can start anyone but Smith.

Honestly, not that great a week, but the Rhyme Birds failing has vaulted you into the lead.

I'm sure you two will think of something.

Pungry, you deserved better than this.

This team has been mediocre for all but like 3 consecutive weeks twice this season, where it just didn't lose games ever.

You blew your lead! Desperate changes, I will read!
You'll promote anyway, so to that I say 'yay!'

Suddenly, those 3 games to end the season loom large. Beat up JEB! Beat up the Rogues. The division is yours for the taking.

I guess in theory you could pull it off, but I think the more likely scenario is you're a 90 win 4th place team.

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------

Alright, I did not expect this. Let's see how this goes.

New no-DH lineup, vs. RHP:

#1: Sheffield, RF
#2: Robinson, 1B
#3: Sheffield, LF
#4: Aaron, CF
#5: Santo, 3B
#6: Banks, SS
#7: Posey, C
#8: Madlock, 2B
#9: [ Pitcher Slot ]

New no-DH lineup, vs. LHP:

#1: Sheffield, RF
#2: Robinson, 1B
#3: Sheffield, LF
#4: Santo, 3B
#5: Banks, SS
#6: Delahanty, CF
#7: Posey, C
#8: Madlock, 2B
#9: [ Pitcher Slot ]

This should optimally lead to Delahanty playing the one game before the off day, which should hopefully rest Aaron up completely and lead to him not dying in the most crucial stretch.

Rock on, you mad bastards.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Hey now, young Master James is doing just fine for someone who's playing half his games in righty hell. That said, I probably should not have a middling right handed batter playing DH in righty hell.

1. Send Jimmie Foxx down to the minors
2. Call up Jimmie Dykes to the bench and platoon him at 3B vs. LHP, thereby preserving Conservation of Jimmies
3. Slot Benny Kauff in as full time DH
4. Try Mel Rojas in place of Jim Brosnan I guess

Smasher Dynamo
Oct 16, 2008

Eternal Commissioner of the Super League. A new avatar. A new age, of the same old embittered Smasher that failed to escape the bonds of the SL, FM3, Johnny Hopp and Eri Yoshida "The Knuckle Princess". "The flames of Smasher's ire scorch the skies... Igniting St. Bellhorn's funeral pyre."
The Rochester Generics have clinched a playoff spot!

The Akabira Killer Mikes have clinched the Norris-Smythe Division!

Super-League XXIII, Week 25 Injury Report

Burns Zephyrs
Larry Walker (OF) (Vengeance is mine, sayeth the Smasher!) - Out for Season

Ephesus Theologians
Oscar Charleston (OF) (Must crush Theologians!) - 6 days
Paul Waner (OF) (MUST CRUSH THEOLOGIANS!) - 7 days

Montreal Marauders
Babe Adams (SP) (Death comes to Montreal) - Out for Season
Roberto Alomar (IF) (Double-death, in fact!) - Out for Season

Nega Llamas
Rube Waddell (SP) (Bummer) - Out for Season

Portland Panderers
Madison Bumgarner (SP) (You will also pay for kensei's lineup changes) - 5 days

White Mountain Widowmakers
Harry Heilmann (OF) (Do not forget that you are mentholmoose) - 39 days

Pick 'em: Let there be an end to it!

Omni-Titles
Frogs (c) @ White Mountain Widowmakers

Interim European Championship
Slaughterhouse Nine (c) @ Rochester Generics

Interim United States Championship
Khartoum Doom @ Moscow Golden Tsars (c)

Interim Intercontinental Championship
Nega Llamas @ Burns Zephyrs (c)

shepard.shouldgo
Feb 2, 2016

Widow makers take and others retain

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.
Maybe the joke of "don't make roster changes and your team will be good" is actually true. The Pippoes are finally good!

Smasher Dynamo
Oct 16, 2008

Eternal Commissioner of the Super League. A new avatar. A new age, of the same old embittered Smasher that failed to escape the bonds of the SL, FM3, Johnny Hopp and Eri Yoshida "The Knuckle Princess". "The flames of Smasher's ire scorch the skies... Igniting St. Bellhorn's funeral pyre."

Pungry posted:

Maybe the joke of "don't make roster changes and your team will be good" is actually true. The Pippoes are finally good!

This issue is this. In 90% of the situations, you're going to start the season with the right guys in the right place, and messing with that based on small sample sizes does more harm than good. I will grant that, in the other 10% of cases, due to injury or other issues, it does make a difference.

It's just that 90% is a lot more than 10%.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Frogs
Generics
Golden Tsars
Zephyrs

DannoMack
Aug 1, 2003

i love it when you call me big poppa
pickem
llamas win the others retain

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

All champs retain

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Deck Chair Shuffle, don't mind me McD.

- Demote Amos Strunk
- Promote Harry Hooper to the bench.

That's all!

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Please put Pedro back at SP5 and clear all personal catchers. I've got enough off days that Piazza should be fine for the final two weeks.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Also,

All champs retain.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

Smasher Dynamo posted:

The Rochester Generics have clinched a playoff spot!

The Akabira Killer Mikes have clinched the Norris-Smythe Division!

Super-League XXIII, Week 25 Injury Report

Burns Zephyrs
Larry Walker (OF) (Vengeance is mine, sayeth the Smasher!) - Out for Season

Oh, Larry, I will miss you.

DL Walker, put Henderson in RF.

New lineup vs both:

CF Speaker
RF Henderson
LF Goslin
1B Olerud
SS AndROiD
2B Cano
3B Brett
C Simmons
P

Piazza still personal C for Maddux

quote:

Omni-Titles

GVOLTT
Dec 27, 2012

Honestly, I don't know what I want to put here, so I'm going with this.

Well, I'm out of the playoffs, might as well experiment a little.

Cancel Ed Bailey's personal catcher order.

Johnny Pesky to SS for the week, Vaughan to the bench.

Bobby Doerr to 2B for the week, Rose to the bench.

Heinie Manush to DH.

Lineup vs. BOTH:
1. Johnny Pesky (SS)
2. Wade Boggs (3B)
3. Ted Williams (LF)
4. Jimmie Foxx (1B)
5. Billy Williams (RF)
6. Heinie Manush (DH)
7. Larry Walker (CF)
8. Bobby Doerr (2B)
9. Ivan Rodriguez (C)

Robert Deadford
Mar 1, 2008
Ultra Carp
Pick em

Widowmakers take, otherwise Champs retain.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

REST BREAK OVER. TOUGH IT OUT, ARKANSAS VAUGHAN.

1. Ted Williams (RF)
2. Rod Carew (2B)
3. Arky Vaughan
4. Mel Ott
5. Travis Jackson
6. Bill Terry (1B)
7. Al Simmons
8. Carlton Fisk
9. Pitcher

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Clangbang
Jun 3, 2016
This is bullshit

(1) Wagner Takes over at SS in all lineups

(2) Ruth Takes over at LF in all lineups

(3)Swap Jack Taylor and Clemens

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------

Pick'Em: Widowmakers and Generics take, others retain.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Okay, lets try some adjustments to the lineup. Ripken seems to hit better than I expected, so lets take advantage. Snider is not, so he's out. As a result, I'll experiment with a single lineup, ignoring pitcher handedness. (Here's hoping Howard will fare better against LHPs than he apparently did IRL.)

1. 3B Boggs
2. 2B Robinson
3. DH Howard
4. 1B Thomas
5. RF Musial
6. LF Belle
7. SS Ripken
8. C Rodriguez
9. CF Griffey

Also a reordering of the rotation based purely on ERA:

SP1 Nichols
SP2 Roberts
SP3 Newcombe
SP4 Spahn
SP5 Maglie
LR Blackwell

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------

frankenfreak posted:

Also a reordering of the rotation based purely on ERA:

SP1 Nichols
SP2 Roberts
SP3 Newcombe
SP4 Spahn
SP5 Maglie
LR Blackwell

I implore you to reconsider, since reordering the rotation often leads to pitchers being put into a spot where they're scheduled to start without rest, and... actually, you know what, I just checked, and that reordering actually works out perfectly. Carry on, I suppose.

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

I am changing my trade list.

Things I want:
Either Jimmie Foxx (not old, not the adolescent apparently in the EC) OR
Hank Aaron

The Jose Altuve on the Ralphie Mays
A ground ball heavy starting pitcher roughly equivalent in production to an Eddie Plank

Things I can offer:
Craig Kimbrel
Prime Billy Hamilton
Young(ish) Ed Delahanty

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

You really think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and be a llama?

FairGame posted:

A ground ball heavy starting pitcher roughly equivalent in production to an Eddie Plank

Sounds like you need a bob gibson

(pay no attention to bob gibson's actual SL stats)

HPJoker
Oct 30, 2017

Who is Nakitani and how did I acquire him

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

Omni-Titles

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

You really think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and be a llama?

HPJoker posted:

Who is Nakitani and how did I acquire him

if mogul thinks you don't have enough players, it will create some and add them to the minors. They're never good, and you don't get to keep them after the season ends, but they're there.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

If we're throwing out fishing offers, I would like to request that if anyone has a good aged of the following pitchers they may be willing to part with:

- Lon Warneke
- Mickey Welch
- (Unlikely) Rube Waddell

To consider contacting the Morioh Crazy Diamonds at some point during this offseason. I have a dumb gimmick I would like to commit to.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

widows win all others retain.

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

Monathin posted:

If we're throwing out fishing offers, I would like to request that if anyone has a good aged of the following pitchers they may be willing to part with:

- Lon Warneke
- Mickey Welch
- (Unlikely) Rube Waddell

To consider contacting the Morioh Crazy Diamonds at some point during this offseason. I have a dumb gimmick I would like to commit to.

I have an Early Wynn, or a George Uhle if you're interested in...

Half measures

YEAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
pick them

champs retain!

Pash
Sep 10, 2009

The First of the Adorable Dead
Champ's lose.

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

TheMcD posted:

Pick'Em: Widowmakers and Generics take, others retain.
sure, I'll go with this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

AnAnonymousIdiot posted:

From the Spiral Mountain Breegulls Management Team:

Oh no! I am not losing the lead!
Play harder you jocks! Our time of need
Is here! And
Nap you’re the temp 2B
Till Rogers gets better! To victory!

But Nap is already playing 1b. He can't play two positions!