Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kater
Nov 16, 2010

Someone please stop those children.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
I can't believe we somehow got two Yuasa movies in one month. Can we do this every month from now on?

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

kater posted:

Someone please stop those children.
Made In Abyss 2: Put Those Kids Back Where They Came From Or So Help Me

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

!!!!!

Khagan
Aug 8, 2012

Words cannot describe just how terrible Vietnamese are.
Probably a month too early for this, but who are the frontrunners for AOTY?

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!

Khagan posted:

Maidragon, Mahoujin Guruguru, MMO Junkie

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
The good start to this year with Rakugo/March Lion S1/ACCA has still not been topped. Probably leaning towards Rakugo though March Lion S2 is going to be up there with it.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

I might also put Princess Principal in the running. It's been a drat strong year.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Land of the Lustrous

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

if abyss is getting a second season so soon, the same better happen for land of the lustrous

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Khagan posted:

The Night is Short, Walk on Girl for those who care to watch movies.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

NNNNNNNNNAAAAAAA

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
What has been funnier than KonoSuba's 2nd Season and Mahojin GuruGuru?

Kakegurui had strong faces and it was an overall fun ride, but it had a wet fart of an ending.

Eela6
May 25, 2007
Shredded Hen
Princess Principal, Land of the Lustrous, Konosuba S2

My heart tells me Symphogear, but it didn't stick the landing.

Ed: Mahoujin GuruGuru is hilarious as well and might just top Konosuba if it nails the last couple

Eela6 fucked around with this message at 15:20 on Nov 26, 2017

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Grouchio posted:

NNNNNNNNNAAAAAAA

It's mostly good, unlike your posts.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Wark Say posted:

What has been funnier than KonoSuba's 2nd Season and Mahojin GuruGuru?

Kakegurui had strong faces and it was an overall fun ride, but it had a wet fart of an ending.

Srice posted:

The Night is Short, Walk on Girl for those who care to watch movies.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I'm totally down for a Second Serving of Made in Abyss.

e: Srice, I actually read the Novel and didn't find to be all that. Is the movie that much of an improvement over the book?

Wark Say fucked around with this message at 15:40 on Nov 26, 2017

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Showa Genroku Rakugo Shinju S2, Guru Guru, Princess Principal, Land of the Lustrous, Girls' Last Tour, and a ton of other shows this year rule this was a good year for anime.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Wark Say posted:

I'm totally down for a Second Serving of Made in Abyss.

e: Srice, I actually read the Novel and didn't find to be all that. Is the movie that much of an improvement over the book?

The novel isn't available in English so I can't say, but from what I saw from the fan translation of the Tatami Galaxy novel compared to the anime it definitely seemed like the animation added a lot to it.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
I don't have a whole list in front of me, but it's def March Lion for me for #1 and I've barely even watched Season 2. Magus Bride is prob up there too but that will only be halfway done by the time 2017 is done so that'll be on my list next year.

I want to finish up Made In Abyss this year too, I was at like Episode 5 which seems to be where it really gets going

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

All I know is that the 2017 voting thread is going to be wildly more diverse than ever before

Khagan
Aug 8, 2012

Words cannot describe just how terrible Vietnamese are.

AnacondaHL posted:

All I know is that the 2017 voting thread is going to be wildly more diverse than ever before

Shieeeet!!! Thanks for the quick replies, guess I'll wait till the results are in then.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Srice posted:

The novel isn't available in English so I can't say, but from what I saw from the fan translation of the Tatami Galaxy novel compared to the anime it definitely seemed like the animation added a lot to it.
OK, I'll give it a look. I did enjoy the Tatami Galaxy, so if it's more of/similar to that, then I'm totally game.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

The lack of Kekkai Sensen S2 in here is absolutely criminal.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Grouchio posted:

The lack of Kekkai Sensen S2 in here is absolutely criminal.
Nobody mentioned My Hero Academia S2 yet either but that doesn't mean it's not good.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i like bbbs1 better :twisted:

s2 is really good though there's just so much really good stuff this year i don't think i can personally fit it in there. land of the lustrous, made in abyss, girls' last tour, guru guru and lwa... there's a lot to pack

The Colonel fucked around with this message at 17:54 on Nov 26, 2017

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
The year was just loving awesome.

I think a lot of people missed out on Little Witch Academia because Netflix gonna Netflix but I honestly think that it's the best goddamn anime of the year, which is no mean feat taking into account just how much GREAT anime we got this year.

--AND I JUST RECALLED!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yzEUVIA2Kg0

One of the funniest things of the year.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
you can tell it's been a good year because i completely forget about my hero academia season 2 despite how great it was

there's never been a better time to be watching anime

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Man, ACCA and Maidragon were this year? It's been a long and packed one. I'm behind on Girls' Last Tour and Houseki, but it might be hard for them to top ACCA for me. Maybe someday I will watch LWA, but Netflix.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
the entirety of lwa is out on netflix now. you can go watch it, right now

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Yeah, and if you're like "But I don't wanna give money to those Fat Cats!", just do a 30-day trial. LWA is just the raddest.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
if you don't wanna use netflix then really good fansubs have been available for months, just if you've ever planned on watching lwa there have been multiple ways to do it for a while now

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.
LWA was super super good, but also this year has had a ton of extremely good series

But I think the thing I've been most excited to watch every week and also 100% super satisfied with every episode has been Land of the Lustrous/Houseki no Kuni, so that's my choice, myself.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Like, practically everything I watched this year was my favorite; this rules sucks rules.

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!
My favorite so far this year is Made in Abyss but there is a lot of stiff competition, this season Houseki no Kuni, Mahousukai no Yome and Shoujo Shuumatsu Ryokou are my favorites. Maid Dragon and My Hero Academia S2 are also up there from earlier this year. I also need to finish my backlog with some shows that I missed like Princess Principal.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
We even got a real Blame! adaptation! This year was incredible.

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013
princess principal is definitely aoty for me but there was so much other absolutely superb series this year, with girls last tour, tanya the evil, land of the lustrous and made in abyss rounding out my top 5. all of them are classics

biggest let down of a series for me was rage of bahamut

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Anime Cultural Phenomenon of the Year goes to Kemono Friends

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

My top 3'll probably shake out as some combination of New Game!!, Maidragon, and Girls' Last Tour, with Abyss and PriPri battling it out for fourth. Been lots of good stuff though. Got fond memories of LWA, GabDro, WorldEnd, Magus Bride...drat good year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
MHA Presented us with the cutest character of the year. :3:

Voiced by Tomokazu Seki, to booth! :kimchi:

• Locked thread