Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Proteus Jones posted:

Yep I'm satisfied with that open and shut case, as well.

i agree jones, but i think we can go home knowing we did a job well done pal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

sneakyfrog posted:

i agree jones, but i think we can go home knowing we did a job well done pal.

:hfive:

Tune in for next week's episode of Frog & Jones - The Great Bitcoin Theft. Will they ever be able to figure out how all the bitcoins got stolen from an obviously trustworthy exchange?

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Get a room

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

ey we are just 2 space cyber cops on a lonely beat in a world that has moved on.

or..has it?

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

Danger - Octopus! posted:

I love how half the time when someone complains about a weird obsessive, they reveal that they're just as obsessed (in this case with lore thread poster uh... lore)

Hey I like Fojar. He makes that thread funny.

ThingOne
Jul 30, 2011

Would you like some tofu?

Paladinus posted:

Animes are people, my friends.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
:commissar: you rat.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
anime xD

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

ArfJason posted:

anime uwu

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"
Anime is garbage
:nyoron:

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

Iron Prince posted:

theres a pretty decent write up on the whole thing here. poo poo's crazy, and as far as i can tell he's still on death row.

e: yeah, that somehow got me to this page from the florida DoC: http://www.dc.state.fl.us/ActiveInmates/Detail.asp?Bookmark=1&From=list&SessionID=423297097

I just started reading this thread and the Sentinel article above had a link to a follow-up piece from last week saying that the FL Supreme Court denied his appeal and he’s staying on death row.

(I read through the last few pages to see if this had been posted and I hope this doesn’t count as internet detectiving. :ohdear:)

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Besesoth posted:

I just started reading this thread and the Sentinel article above had a link to a follow-up piece from last week saying that the FL Supreme Court denied his appeal and he’s staying on death row.

(I read through the last few pages to see if this had been posted and I hope this doesn’t count as internet detectiving. :ohdear:)

you should have probably linked the follow-up instead of the article from 2014

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

LingcodKilla posted:

you should have probably linked the follow-up instead of the article from 2014

that is the follow up doofus

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

that is the follow up doofus

2014 was last week?

Hrm... when i clicked it gave me

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/breaking-news/os-andrew-allred-death-penalty-20141203-story.html

I just reclicked it and it gave me the updated one.

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

LingcodKilla posted:

2014 was last week?

The article I linked is dated November 16, 2017 :confused:

e: :iiam:

SneezeOfTheDecade has a new favorite as of 02:58 on Nov 23, 2017

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy
Whatever happened to the goon whose grandpa was probably the Chicago Tylenol murderer.

HairyManling
Jul 20, 2011

No flipping.
Fun Shoe

Veni Vidi Ameche! posted:

Whatever happened to the goon whose grandpa was probably the Chicago Tylenol murderer.
I don’t have a link but I’m pretty sure the FBI or other agency looked into the claims and determined the grandfather couldn’t have been involved.

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost

Veni Vidi Ameche! posted:

I like to think I'm pretty up on my goon lore, but I've never heard of this one. Any details or links?

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

Dillbag posted:

I like to think I'm pretty up on my goon lore, but I've never heard of this one. Any details or links?

I don’t have links but recall it was an E/N thread about discovering and commiserating over hosed up family secrets. I can’t remember if the goon started the thread or if it was someone else; mostly shared a whole lot of sad stuff - miscarriages, abuse parents/others suffered, criminal activity, etc - but then his posts put the whole thread focus on him because based on what he was finding from old journals/documents it seemed to match up enough for people to say “go to the police.” Never knew there was a resolution.

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts
Here are the posts in the Unnerving thread about it: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3522371&userid=38932

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

well that was kinda anticlimactic

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Dillbag posted:

Back in the 80s there was a rash of deaths involving cyanide laced Tylenol capsules in the Chicago area.

They never solved it though there was a dude who got arrested for extortion and trying to frame an exboss but he was in NYC when it went down.

Trevor Hale
Dec 8, 2008

What have I become, my Swedish friend?

exploded mummy posted:

Back in the 80s there was a rash of deaths involving cyanide laced Tylenol capsules in the Chicago area.

They never solved it though there was a dude who got arrested for extortion and trying to frame an exboss but he was in NYC when it went down.

7 deaths from poisoned Tylenol completely changes how drugs are sold in this company. 20 kids get shot literally to pieces at Sandy Hook and gently caress you, kids, learn to charge a gunman.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Trevor Hale posted:

7 deaths from poisoned Tylenol completely changes how drugs are sold in this company. 20 kids get shot literally to pieces at Sandy Hook and gently caress you, kids, learn to charge a gunman.

False flag operation. Nobody died at Sandy Hook.

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost

exploded mummy posted:

I remember the Tylenol poisonings, I'm old enough to have been around back then. I just didn't know about the possible goon involvement. Doesn't quite pass the smell test, though. Like a 50 Foot Ant story.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Len posted:

False flag operation. Nobody died at Sandy Hook.

Ooooh, look at this guy here, being all lovely and everything :smug:

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro
The Sandy Hook killer shot people with cyanide tainted Tylenol capsules.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Ooooh, look at this guy here, being all lovely and everything :smug:

Look man I've seen the horribly compressed jpgs on Facebook showing me the crisis actors at each mass shootings. It was all clearly a plot by The Liberals to take the guns.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

exploded mummy posted:

I kind of like the theory that there was no poisoner and it was just a manufacturing mistake and that Johnson and Johnson offered up the poisoning explanation out of ignorance or malice.

Darkhold
Feb 19, 2011

No Heart❤️
No Soul👻
No Service🙅
If that theory was true they would have instantly sold all their poison medicine to Africa as soon as they figured out what batch it was.

spinderella
Jul 15, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Trevor Hale posted:

This is such a good point. Sandy Hook will never stop blowing my mind.

Hypothetically, of course, perhaps ONLY PERHAPS, if there was a situation like the DC sniper where a lot of Americans became fearful, media saturation, and they were randomly targeting kids, with one of those semi automatic spray a million bullets everywhere type guns

And it went on for weeks

MAYBE EFFING THEN something might change.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Spinster posted:

This is such a good point. Sandy Hook will never stop blowing my mind.

Hypothetically, of course, perhaps ONLY PERHAPS, if there was a situation like the DC sniper where a lot of Americans became fearful, media saturation, and they were randomly targeting kids, with one of those semi automatic spray a million bullets everywhere type guns

And it went on for weeks

MAYBE EFFING THEN something might change.
Lol no.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Dillbag posted:

I remember the Tylenol poisonings, I'm old enough to have been around back then. I just didn't know about the possible goon involvement. Doesn't quite pass the smell test, though. Like a 50 Foot Ant story.

I was confused because I thought I remembered them being solved, but I checked the Wikipedia page and apparently what I remember was a copycat being caught:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stella_Nickell

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

What was that secret service thing? I hear it mentioned every now and then but not clear on the details, would appreciate a rundown.

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

EmmyOk posted:

What was that secret service thing? I hear it mentioned every now and then but not clear on the details, would appreciate a rundown.

you mean where the secret service subpoenaed lowtax? that was because forums user MaggotMaster made a thread in LF entitled "[goon project] Let's assassinate Barack Obama, President of the United States, land of the free, home of the brave"

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Yeah, it became pretty obvious* when we had country music fans and texas churchgoers getting gunned down + a church group learning gun safety and shooting themselves in the process and no1curr

Take that the onion dot com

*like it wasn't before

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

EmmyOk posted:

Check the stickies in the mod forum for your secret service email password.

du -hast
Mar 12, 2003

BEHEAD THOSE WHO INSULT GENTOO
currently there's a pretty good one in project.log where a drunk goon buys a gameshow set and uses his mighty autistic powers to gently caress with the scoreboard

not really a dramatic saga but a really good thread none the less

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Rough Lobster posted:

The Sandy Hook killer shot people with cyanide tainted Tylenol capsules.

Finally somebody is making some sense in this crazy world

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

EmmyOk posted:

Aside from above mentioned subpoena, there was also a guy in the mid 00s who posted (obviously fake) stories about working in the secret service that were full of all these silly but believable details (Dick Cheney had horrifically bad breath due to a prescription mouthwash he had to use, Laura Bush had all of the SS call her "mom") that a lot of people took as fact.