Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

I'm in the same boat. Sold off the one s (which I bought for less than 200) and other stuff and paid very little for the one x. Now I'm set for the next 2-3 years until the ps5 or something comes out then. I'll probably shift more of my multiplatform games to the one x, one of the first one being ac: origins.

Also its really nice playing all the other Xbox games the way they seem to be intended.

The high price is daunting especially given the Xbox doesn't have a lot of good exclusives, but forza 7 is pretty enough and I'll take a gamble on halo 6 and whatever else comes out in the next few years. At least it'll be the best performing editions. I definitely understand the lack of appeal if you have a good pc setup but I don't have a gaming pc, at all. It's worth it to me to have the best possible experience for the next 2-3 years, at least when multiplatform games are concerned.

Anthem should be pretty sick.

Ineffiable fucked around with this message at 16:18 on Nov 25, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I just cant wait to play the big new ea game

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Twerk from Home posted:

Gamestop was giving $225 trade credit for fat launch ps4s a month ago

Uhhh. There is no way that is right, unless it involves some sort of major deal stacking. I followed there trade in values for a while a few months ago because I had an extra launch PS4 sitting around, and it dropped from $100 down to $80 in that time. There is no way it randomly almost tripled in that time frame.

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009
Hey, buddy. :glomp:

In Oct we did Trade 500gb console, get 500gb X1S with Fifa 18 and a jersey for 70 quid, which boosted the traded console value to 210, I think, to trigger the promotion.

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002
I’ve been sitting on my Scorpio Edition a couple weeks with Gears of War 4 with the other 3 included I got for $15 and rear end Creed Origins from Black Friday, all still unopened and returnable.

I haven’t had an XBox since the original, missed the entire Gears series and the last Halo I played was 2. Are the exclusives like those two series and Sunset Overdrive good enough to justify keeping this, or is it redundant with a PC and old fat PS4 I already have. The PC is a laptop with a 960 which is ok, but I was debating whether to upgrade to a better desktop or stick with the X for all the exclusives I missed over the years.

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

Are there any games like Magical Drop, Puzzle Bobble, Super Puzzle Fighter or Dr. Mario in the store so my wife and I can play competitively against each other? Something kinda cartoony, puzzle-like?

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Ragnarok the Red posted:

I’ve been sitting on my Scorpio Edition a couple weeks with Gears of War 4 with the other 3 included I got for $15 and rear end Creed Origins from Black Friday, all still unopened and returnable.

I haven’t had an XBox since the original, missed the entire Gears series and the last Halo I played was 2. Are the exclusives like those two series and Sunset Overdrive good enough to justify keeping this, or is it redundant with a PC and old fat PS4 I already have. The PC is a laptop with a 960 which is ok, but I was debating whether to upgrade to a better desktop or stick with the X for all the exclusives I missed over the years.

If you prefer PC gaming then keep playing on PC.

TenTwelveTwelve
Oct 12, 2012

obi_ant posted:

Are there any games like Magical Drop, Puzzle Bobble, Super Puzzle Fighter or Dr. Mario in the store so my wife and I can play competitively against each other? Something kinda cartoony, puzzle-like?

Tricky Towers?

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

obi_ant posted:

It's not available digitally at all, or in English, but Puyo Puyo Tetris is available on XB1 on disc in Japan. It's available in English worldwide on Switch (physical and digital with the physical being a bit more expensive) and on PS4 (disc only).

Zat
Jan 16, 2008

Ragnarok the Red posted:

Hell no. The only exclusives are a handful of old Halos and Forzas, and Sunset Overdrive. Any newer "Xbox exclusives" have and will be released for Windows 10 too as per current release policy.

The XbonX is a really good console but it's almost certainly not for you.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
If you have a gaming PC, you don't really need an xbox unless you really want one. With a gaming PC, you really only need a Switch or a PS4.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Rare replay is the good console exclusive

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..

veni veni veni posted:

Uhhh. There is no way that is right, unless it involves some sort of major deal stacking. I followed there trade in values for a while a few months ago because I had an extra launch PS4 sitting around, and it dropped from $100 down to $80 in that time. There is no way it randomly almost tripled in that time frame.

Could have been in a deal like EB Games in Canada is giving $200 Trade in value on an original PS4 if its put towards a PS4 Pro during the Black Friday weekend.

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

veni veni veni posted:

https://slickdeals.net/f/10520512-gamestop-225-trade-in-credit-for-playstation-4-500gb-powerup-rewards-pro-only-valid-8-28-9-17

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Wow. In august it was $80. That's crazy. I had an OG PS4 and ended paying $400 for my loving pro :mad:

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

I guess this thread is the place to post this question!

Circa like 2007-2011 I had an xbox live account with maybe $150 worth of rock band songs on it. Apparently at some point during my drug years, I bought a new xbox 360 and just made a new profile. It's associated with the same email address that my other account should probably be associated with (unless it's with my university account which has been gone for ages). Using this email only gets me into the second, stupid, music-less account. I don't have the first 360 to log into.

If I only know what my old gamertag was, is there any way in hell I am getting that account back? I don't remember when everything switched to e-mail logins, or if that was the way this thing was setup from the start. It's going to be a long time before I have the free cash to buy all those songs again.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Do you have anything like email receipts from older song purchases? Some info from those and a call to Xbox support might be of help, odds are you'll need to associate your old GT with a second email account or some such solution (once you're there you can change emails around).

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

I was hoping to track down some of those but no luck. It's very likely that it was attached to my college email and I graduated in 2009. I guess it makes sense that with only the gamertag I won't be able to prove I own it. I'll still try calling support to see of there's some secret thing they can do.

It still stings!

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

big cummers ONLY posted:

I was hoping to track down some of those but no luck. It's very likely that it was attached to my college email and I graduated in 2009. I guess it makes sense that with only the gamertag I won't be able to prove I own it. I'll still try calling support to see of there's some secret thing they can do.

It still stings!

Assuming you didn't get nuclear-expelled you can try reaching out to your old college wrt your old email, they might be able to do something for you, like either reactivating or temporarily activating an email forward. Might also be able to do something with other account info like DOB and stuff like that. :shrug:

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Looks like Microsoft is sending out codes to early One X adopters for a free download of UHD Lego Batman.

I haven't received one but I bought mine on Black Friday.

Good news: I have 7 extra vacation days and my 4k gets delivered tomorrow. So I'm taking tomorrow off to get the delivery, and taking every friday off for the rest of the year. Looking forward to Titanfall 2, COD WW2, and Rocket League in 4k.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Beastie posted:

Looks like Microsoft is sending out codes to early One X adopters for a free download of UHD Lego Batman.

I take it this is US-only since I'm pretty sure that's the only territory Microsoft offers digital 4K movies in.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

The three articles I've read don't offer specifics beyond "Some people got this, others might still be waiting."

It's supposed to be a console message, they usually roll these out in waves. I'm going to guess it is US only.

Lego Batman wasn't a great movie but I'd like to at least take a look at the UHD version.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

I can never figure out what the gently caress to do in those LEGO games. I get lost, like can’t figure out what the next step is to advance the level half the time.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

They're literally designed to be played by six-year olds

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Yeah but if you played it you'd know how obtuse and confusing they can be. The directions are shockingly terrible at times for a kids game.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

I can second this. I bought Lego Marvels for $5 for my girlfriend and I to play for an evening. There were more than a few times we were left trying to figure out what the hell the game wanted us to do.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

Yeah it’s weird, it is a design language thing for sure. I bought one or two in the past because they seemed like great co-op games for my kids and I. Every time, somewhere early, we would get stuck unable to figure out what the game wants us to do next in a level and it gets pretty frustrating. They are really cool games but they could use a big dumb arrow objective marker or something for kiddos.

pthighs
Jun 21, 2013

Pillbug
I encountered that as well playing with my six year old son. I assumed it was shoddy quality control.

wernox
Mar 26, 2001

I gave up my OG title for this.

spudsbuckley posted:

You bought three separate revisions of the Xbox One.

Why?

I did as well.

I had a launch day concole. Last year Target had a 1 TB S with battlefield one for $299, but you got 20% off if you used their payment card so that made it $240. That let me use the new xbox while moving the launch day one to my kids room. Then I bought an X, moved the S to my kids room and moved the launch day to my Dad's house so we can play Forza online.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I got stuck in the lego starwars demo i was like wow im loving dumb. Glad im not alone. Congrats idiots

wernox
Mar 26, 2001

I gave up my OG title for this.

Sakurazuka posted:

They're literally designed to be played by six-year olds

When he was only 4, my son got to about 85% completion in Lego Marvel Super Heroes only to overwrite his save game. The kid worked so hard at it, he'd show me something and ask me if he had enough studs for it and then he'd go work to earn it. He'd ask me for help when got stuck, that kid loved that game. He just powered through losing the save but when I think about it, I still get all the sads.

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Beyond is Finster's mad vision of Earth transformed.
lmao no wonder you clowns hate ps4... can't imagine what it would look like if you guys tried playing something like bloodborne

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

I played it on PC tho!

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

Bought an Xbonx on Amazon. I haven't owned a Microsoft console since my launch 360 got the red ring of death early in it's life. Could have gotten an S for much cheaper but I was due for an upgrade from the regular PS4 and I hate money for some reason.

I got Forza 7 and For Honor. Are the new Halos any good? Trying to think of stuff I should snag that I've missed since I had PS3.

Zachack
Jun 1, 2000

Nostalgia4Ass posted:

Bought an Xbonx on Amazon. I haven't owned a Microsoft console since my launch 360 got the red ring of death early in it's life. Could have gotten an S for much cheaper but I was due for an upgrade from the regular PS4 and I hate money for some reason.

I got Forza 7 and For Honor. Are the new Halos any good? Trying to think of stuff I should snag that I've missed since I had PS3.

Halo 5 is both good (multi) and bad (story, or at least mediocre) depending on what you want, just buy Titanfall 2 instead.

If you like battlefield then there will probably be a good deal on the bf1/tf2 combo in a couple weeks.

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Zachack posted:

Halo 5 is both good (multi) and bad (story, or at least mediocre) depending on what you want, just buy Titanfall 2 instead.

If you like battlefield then there will probably be a good deal on the bf1/tf2 combo in a couple weeks.

Is there any reason to buy those rather than just paying the $30 for a year of EA Access and playing those 2 + a ton of other stuff?

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

Finster Dexter posted:

lmao no wonder you clowns hate ps4... can't imagine what it would look like if you guys tried playing something like bloodborne
As someone who finished Bloodborne I still find the Lego games to be stupidly vague about what you're supposed to be doing. It's probably just that they're too lazy to do translations so they omit dialogue and text

Zachack
Jun 1, 2000

Twerk from Home posted:

Is there any reason to buy those rather than just paying the $30 for a year of EA Access and playing those 2 + a ton of other stuff?

Probably not, if you like one or the other they will probably be super cheap next year if the sub runs out.

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

wernox posted:

I did as well.

I had a launch day concole. Last year Target had a 1 TB S with battlefield one for $299, but you got 20% off if you used their payment card so that made it $240. That let me use the new xbox while moving the launch day one to my kids room. Then I bought an X, moved the S to my kids room and moved the launch day to my Dad's house so we can play Forza online.

Well, fair play to you.

At least you are playing the good Xbox game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Twerk from Home posted:

Because it's mostly filled with bad and dead games and don't give EA money?