Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Pastry of the Year posted:

Arlo and Janis Classic (April 23, 1996)

Arlo is so cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

There are a ton of bars where all the "bouncer" really does is check ID at the door and collect any cover that is being charged

SuperKlaus
Oct 20, 2005

Fun Shoe
Nekonaughey is a god-send.

Vargo posted:

SUPERCAPTAINCOOLMAN

Curtis looks great when it does these.

I issue a challenge to the writer of this PoS comic: go one entire week without having a character ask "seriously?"

the bus

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

This is going to a movie with my parents except they're the ones who won't shut the gently caress up.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Cricken_Nigfops posted:

"Sorry we couldn't play pirates"

Oh god i recognize where that came from. :smith:

Angular Cyrus
May 29, 2007

everything is so much harder than it looks
Nekonaughey

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
The bear actually looks less suicidal than normal. Now it's slightly :shobon: instead

Medenmath
Jan 18, 2003
Prince Valiant

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Ms Boods posted:

I'm guessing 'foo foo' means frivolous and twee in the US, but over here it's a silly term for a lady garden (which is the scientic term for 'fanny.')

You may also be interested to know that "fanny" also means something different in the US than it does on that pervert-filled isle* known as the UK.

*(Yes, I know this statement is geographically inaccurate.)

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

The Classic Dinette Set sits down with a relaxing movie.

Working Daze thinks this counts as character growth.

Super-Fun-Pak Comix is a fair use.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
Flashback Gordon

2004 Spiderman

The Amazing Swamp

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

Haifisch posted:

2004 Spiderman

Oh yes :getin:

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Evil Mastermind posted:

Super-Fun-Pak Comix is a fair use.

I'd assume Parodius is also copyrighted.

computer angel
Sep 9, 2008

Make it a double.
Zits

...no comment

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Tiggum posted:

So does Crystal just not exist any more?
Crystal went off to college in DC and was never heard from again. She's the Chuck Cunningham of Luann.

sweeperbravo posted:

I usually gently caress up every time I cook eggs, but I made an exquisitely perfect omelette today and thought of Nekonaughey.
SUCCESS!

I was flying all day yesterday so double doses today and also my arms are tired.

F Minus

I don't think you want people who have to go to the bathroom exerting themselves overhead.

Mark Trail and the Temple of Thoom

Stultus Maximus posted:

I don't want to step on anyone's toes or mess with anyone's OCD but Mary Worth made me laugh harder than anything in the paper has for weeks:

Well I'm also posting it anyways because I have the full-size version and not because I am compelled to do so due to some painful psychological disorder that makes me barely functional in the real world, I swear.

Mary Worth

You know they way this is playing out I'm beginning to suspect this story is going to be about how Wilbur really did misinterpret what is happening.

The Phantom

Pooch Cafe

Rex Morgan MD

These two are just one step away from being as annoying as that couple in Working Daze.

Apartment 3-G

Flash Gordon December, 1956

Is it cheating if it's a clone?

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Johnny Walker posted:

Mark Trail and the Temple of Thoom

In the entirety of this dumb story did The Girl ever actually get a name, or has she just been The Girl this whole time?

Angular Cyrus
May 29, 2007

everything is so much harder than it looks
Pop Team Epic

Squirrel Nuts

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5FFDj7vH6E

FrumpleOrz
Feb 12, 2014

Perhaps you have not been to the *Playground*.
The *Playground* is for Taalo and for Orz, but *Campers* can go.
It more fun than several.
You can go there for too much fun.
The Lockhorns

Brewster Rockit Space Guy

On The Fastrack

No Safe Havens on Sundays!

Kevin & Kell

Mother Goose & Grimm

Hagar The Horrible

Old New Yorker Cartoons

Dr. Dos
Aug 5, 2005

YAAAAAAAY!
https://comics.ha.com/c/search-results.zx?No=0&N=52+793+794+791+1893+792+2088+4294947994

There's some neat stuff up for auction in that charity deal going on, including a Wee Pals and some Ballard Street.

And now I want somebody to start posting "Betty Boop and Felix" because it was running in the 80s and not like the 40s going by the date of the auctioned strip.

Edit: Also the final Calvin and Hobbes strip if anybody can beat the $6,000 current bid.

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Sally Forth, in which Ted's still not back even if he has returned.

Skippy (September 27 and 29, 1930)

Peanuts (November 27-29, 1970)

Funky Winkerbean

Crankshaft

Rip Haywire

Out Our Way: It's getting late, so instead of the Sunday edition let's go ahead and wrap up 1930. (December 29, 1930-January 1, 1931)

Thimble Theater (June 16-17, 1931)

Aardmania
Jan 1, 2007

Ruining newspapers since 1993.

Shredded Hen
Gil

Heathcliff

Piranha Club

Dick Tracy
And the murderer is...

Judge Parker

It might be a little too late to start panic deleting your Instagram search history.

9 Chickweed Lane

Slammy
Mar 30, 2011

Great speech.
PPHPFT!!
Hello friends - back from Thanksgiving vacation - ready with Comix!

Winsor McCay Comic Strip(click for huge)

And He Did. (April, 1917)

Outbursts of Everett True (May, 1917)

Doings of the Duffs. (February, 1919, click for big)

The Gay Thirties (January, 1936, click for big))

They'll Do It Every Time (January, 1941, click for big)

Dick Tracy (May, 1941, click for big)

Mopsy (June, 1941)

Archie (June, 1956, click for big)

Mr. Tweedy (October 1970, click for big)

Feiffer (1976, click for big)

Some of these comics age horribly.

Andy Capp (March, 1972, click for big)

Wee Pals (May, 1972, click for big)

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Aardmania posted:

Dick Tracy
And the murderer is...

Oh, the answer to "can you identify the killer before dick tracy does" is "no, because it relies on a detail the comic didn't tell us", got it!

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

Zereth posted:

Oh, the answer to "can you identify the killer before dick tracy does" is "no, because it relies on a detail the comic didn't tell us", got it!
Seriously:

It tells us Piston wore a coat in, but not which coat was his. And none of the strips says that the grey coat is supposed to be Krispies'.

I respect what they were trying to do, but they probably should have had a set of fresh eyes read it since it's such an obvious oversight.

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

There is no problem that cannot be solved through sufficient application of lasers and friendship.
Really, you'd think that the tall guy would have the longer coat. Maybe if he had a history of wearing fur coats, this would be gettable with trivia, but there's nothing on his wiki page other than a note about his unusual choice in headwear... I suppose the second hat on the hat rack suggests it's a mans coat.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Yeah I was betting on the short guy since that obviously wasnt his coat.

Strontium
Aug 28, 2009

Dexter didn't much care for the party.
Intelligent Life :fuckoff:

Take It From the Tinkersons :btroll:

Dark Side of the Horse :flame:

Viivi & Wagner :psyduck:

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Phantom's Sunday art is great but that is one seriously foggy prison they have there.

Zereth posted:

Why break a good tradition Inspector Danger started.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Ah, the tried and true stereotype of "some lawyers are crazy, others are aliens, the only way to be sure is if their molers pick up BBC 4."

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Why would you just throw the scraps away instead of feeding them to the dog?

SuperKlaus posted:

I issue a challenge to the writer of this PoS comic: go one entire week without having a character ask "seriously?"
Can we also have the artist not do that final panel reaction face where they throw their head back and wince theatrically?

Johnny Walker posted:

Crystal went off to college in DC and was never heard from again. She's the Chuck Cunningham of Luann.
Do you have her confused with Delta or did I forget that they both left? And what happened to Knute?

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Arlo and Janis

Tina's Groove Classic (April 24, 2006)

Arlo and Janis Classic (April 24, 1996)

Garfield Classic (April 24, 1986)

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Buni

Rhymes with Orange

Pros and Cons

Edge of Pants

Of course the African guy wears a loincloth. How else would you know he's a native?

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.

Why brothers get gray.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
I wonder who the murderer was, Jarvis the Butler, Ms. Normal Human, or Rectum Face. Can YOU figure it out Young Detective?

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Which edge of the pants is this comic? The cuffs, the waist, or the zipper flap?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

EasyEW posted:

Sally Forth, in which Ted's still not back even if he has returned.

At least Sal has good taste in TV.

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
According to Jerry Van Amerongens' facebook, the upcoming Ballard Streets for the next two weeks are all reruns, cherry-picked by him to cover for his vacation time. He claims to be amongst his personal favourites, so I'm very interested to see what the man himself ranks as his finest hour.

Here's the first one. I'm sorry for breaking posting protocol but.... :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

BigglesSWE posted:

According to Jerry Van Amerongens' facebook, the upcoming Ballard Streets for the next two weeks are all reruns, cherry-picked by him to cover for his vacation time. He claims to be amongst his personal favourites, so I'm very interested to see what the man himself ranks as his finest hour.

Here's the first one. I'm sorry for breaking posting protocol but.... :allears:

That man is like 5 feet tall

• Locked thread