Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

marathon Stairmaster sesh
Apr 28, 2009

ALL HAIL CEO NUGGET
1988-PRESENT

That's a terrible opening to a X-Com fanfiction.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

did he just yada yada drawing blood

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
Alien Abduction goon, Trump wouldn't sell out his own people, he'd get the aliens to take out some jihad guys. Or maybe Rosie O'Donnell, they've been feuding for several years now. She'd be worth 2 people at least.

Jihad guys, some of their homies that aren't quite jihadis yet, and Rosie O'Donnell.

A week ago he might have gotten them to take Charles Manson too.

facebook jihad
Dec 18, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Bdsm Guy you’re already a huge weirdo so...

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

sugar free jazz posted:

did he just yada yada drawing blood

as far as I can tell it wasn't just drawing blood, it was drawing blood while groping a tit. i can't even figure how that's possible without severely twisting and beating them. like, cops would be getting called before you got that far, tits are fairly tough, structurally.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

facebook jihad posted:

Bdsm Guy you’re already a huge weirdo so...

Not like those weirdos on fetlife though :downs:

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Bobby Digital posted:

Not like those weirdos on fetlife though :downs:

way worse

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
The full toilet phlebotomy (everything about it)

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat
Alien confession is idiotic. Trump would never do a deal like that because arms and energy companies would be screwed. And if there's world peace how could he get his kicks by making threats about bombs and the like?

Fucked-Up Little Dog
Aug 26, 2008

Posting live from the nightmare future of Web 3.0

Scratchmo
Also how would he even know what decision Trump was making or even that the alien technology wouldn't be sustainable in the long-term

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
The imagery of someone being 'cored out' is masterfully disturbing

Clockwerk
Apr 6, 2005

Guys, I think fesh is real. And the warning about pets is because they're among the collaborators

Unknowable Hole
Feb 2, 2005

Pillbug
Why wouldn't we just use prisoners?

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Hey UFO guys what's with the underwater UFO base off the coast of Monterey (CA)? Can I get a tour?

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
also gently caress ya'll this poo poo goin down
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t6QvWFIMQ2E

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SIHLh6RWucM

soy fucked around with this message at 06:31 on Nov 27, 2017

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Let's just skip around the second video...

quote:

Regarding the Masonic Order

Seems about right.

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5n_3mnJfHzY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPopPkglQNI

drat this rabbit hole is one hell of a drug

also this is great: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt5792702/

soy fucked around with this message at 09:32 on Nov 27, 2017

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

I preferred him when he was whinily singing pop punk and I was 14.

Arven
Sep 23, 2007
Didn't someone predict the Tom Delonge thing like a year ago in this very thread? It was definitely before he started going on podcasts about it.

Police Automaton
Mar 17, 2009
"You are standing in a thread. Someone has made an insightful post."
LOOK AT insightful post
"It's a pretty good post."
HATE post
"I don't understand"
SHIT ON post
"You shit on the post. Why."
yeah aliens that cna do interstellar travel and have unlimited energy totally want earth for <reasons>

This is always dumb. Always. Some race who can travel between stars in a feasible way would have no interest in earth whatsoever. It'd be worthless to them. Hell, if we could make stellar mining somehow feasible it'd probably solve all our resource problems for like, as long as humans exist prob.. The "aliens are coming and they will take are resources" angle is always dumb.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Yeah we’d likely register as slightly bigger ants to them. They’d get half a galaxy away and go “aw whoops, they are just COVERED in nukes, poor things are about to blow themselves sky high, we don’t need that poo poo!”

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
I mean it makes sense if the aliens just want to kill us in horrible ways for entertainment.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Inescapable Duck posted:

I mean it makes sense if the aliens just want to kill us in horrible ways for entertainment.

There’s some Sci-Fi that works with this idea, like that because we live in an Oxygen rich environment, aliens just assume we are constantly on fire and our pain tolerance is probably through the roof compared to most organic life so they push us to our limits that way, but the story I read never took it anywhere cool

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Arven posted:

Didn't someone predict the Tom Delonge thing like a year ago in this very thread? It was definitely before he started going on podcasts about it.

There was a fesh where some goon claimed he wrote a bunch of popular songs before some famous guitarist stole them. It was fake, but the guitarist described was 100% Tom DeLonge

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Apparently becoming world famous and rich at 19 will break your mind and drive you crazy even if you aren’t forcibly turned into a sex icon.

It sucks that he isolated himself and got kicked out of his own band for being a dipshit.

I love Blink 182, glad I got to seem that before the Alkaline Trio guy took over.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Makes sense. If I was rich and world famous at 19 I'd have turned into a complete nutcase.

Well, with money this time.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Sorry I'm slow today, I have been under a lot of stress and want to die :)

Early warning, this one appears to be some manner of weeaboo inside joke and doesn't count:

quote:

Dear TYPE-MOON thread in ADTRW and the Fate/Grand Order thread in Games:

Oda Nobunaga in Fate lore loves modern technology which is reflected in their legend as Oda used the new rifle technology to win his battles.

My question about Oda in the Nasuverse is which would be they be more of: a World of Tanks nerd or an Ace Combat nerd.

Signed
A F/GO NA goon who has become the Gudako they warned me not to become

I don't play this anime game, I play other anime games which are much less nerdy than this one

anyway here are real ones

quote:

To preface this, I have a major drug and alcohol problem and have blackouts practically every night during which I usually do some stupid poo poo. Last night is the worst ever though and I'm really scared. I woke up this morning to find a chat still open with someone and read through it, none of which I have any memory whatsoever about. Apparently I contacted someone claiming to be a hitman (in other words, an undercover police officer or a teenager loving around) not far from me. I asked him to kill my ex from highschool and agreed on a price of 20000 dollars.

I don't want to kill her and have no idea why I would ever do that. I also don't have 20000 dollars, but he wants to meet and pay him half up front on monday. If it was a cop I'm pretty sure I can/will be arrested even if I don't show up, but in the extremely off chance it's a real hitman and I don't show up I'm afraid he'll kill me or my family.

Should I preemptively go to the police and show them? I'm pretty sure they won't buy my "I don't remember" defense, and if they talk to her she will probably tell them it sounds like something I would do (our breakup was very bad and also involved the police). I'm like 90% sure I'm going to prison probably for a long time so I've been obsessively researching it all day, and I'm pretty sure someone like me won't last long in there. How stupid would it be to leave the country?

You must be really really good at typing while drunk if someone could read a transcript that happened while you were blackout without being able to tell something was up

Anyway I can't really answer this with any amount of confidence because I am not an expert on Hitman Law but it's Monday now so

quote:

Strap on your bootstraps kids, because I'm about to drop some knowledge:

Pizza gate is real. Kind of.

Originally it was just alt-right pareidolia. But signal boosters seized on the chance to associate beliefs in pedophile rings with crazy "conspiracy theorists". (Keep in mind the concept of conspiracy theories was invented by the CIA[1] to discredit those who questioned the "official narrative")

Anyone who's been on the dark web has heard of "red rooms"[2]: websites which, in exchance for fee (paid in cryptocurrency - NOT FIAT) will livestream the torture, rape, and even killing of women and children. (Usually in less developed countries with poor legal systems like Thailand or Belgium)

What is the origin of the term "red room"? That's where it gets interesting. "The Red Room" played an important role in hit early 90s show "Twin Peaks"[3]. It is also a room in the White House[4] most recently renovated by... you guessed it: Hillary Clinton.

Around that time, a very special bar opened in Washington DC: the Red Room at the Black Cat. Coincidence? I think not.

On nights when there are no rock shows, and there's no Lost Prophets shows up above, it's usually dead. There is *cheese pizza* for sale, and supposedly the upstairs is not in use. In reality, upstairs... well I won't go into detail. But you can probably guess what goes on :/

577fa29a8061442bb7e9405f2a3e9e04618e4fdf8180877c0a242636c584657c

[1]http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2015-02-23/1967-he-cia-created-phrase-conspiracy-theorists-and-ways-attack-anyone-who-challenge
[2] https://www.quora.com/What-is-a-red-room-in-the-deep-web
[3] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_and_White_Lodge
[4] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_Room_(White_House)#Post-Nixon_changes

Didn't the Lost Prophets guy turn out to be a pedo or something? Pretty nice easter egg there in an otherwise underwhelming conspiracy-theory fesh

Can't wait to see what SA probation this fesh's crypto hash turns out to not actually be proof of :)

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

belgium i knew it

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

If the assassin fesh happens to be true there's a 99.9% guarantee it was an FBI cutout and he will be hauled into prison in short order

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
it would be in hella good business for an assassin to kill an entire family for no pay

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Putty posted:

it would be in hella good business for an assassin to kill an entire family for no pay

Maybe he got the Assassin intern

Doomy
Oct 19, 2004

Anon with lights in the sky on November 25 must be a rocket nerd, there was in fact a super bright fireball over the Canadian Prairies on saturday night:

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/saskatchewan/fireball-saskatchewan-alberta-november-2017-1.4419790

Just a burned up rocket booster...or was it??? :tinfoil:

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Police Automaton posted:

yeah aliens that cna do interstellar travel and have unlimited energy totally want earth for <reasons>

This is always dumb. Always. Some race who can travel between stars in a feasible way would have no interest in earth whatsoever. It'd be worthless to them. Hell, if we could make stellar mining somehow feasible it'd probably solve all our resource problems for like, as long as humans exist prob.. The "aliens are coming and they will take are resources" angle is always dumb.

We still don't know how rare earth-like planets are. We're starting to find planets that look like they might be in the same sort of zone that makes it possible for them to have liquid water, but we have no idea if they're all lush gardens or featureless waterworlds or dessicated hellscapes. Maybe our planet is desirable just because it's already set up for complex life with the right kind of temperature and biologically-maintained oxygen levels and everything and so the aliens don't have to gently caress around with the terraforming.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

Sagebrush posted:

We still don't know how rare earth-like planets are. We're starting to find planets that look like they might be in the same sort of zone that makes it possible for them to have liquid water, but we have no idea if they're all lush gardens or featureless waterworlds or dessicated hellscapes. Maybe our planet is desirable just because it's already set up for complex life with the right kind of temperature and biologically-maintained oxygen levels and everything and so the aliens don't have to gently caress around with the terraforming.
Alien conservationists that are pissed that humans are loving up the planet faster than they can research it.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Putty posted:

Thats what i do in skyrim, then just loot the corpses and house and hack my carry weight

If hitman fesh is real, contact a lawyer asap

necroid
May 14, 2009

jesus christ that took me to the wikipedia page for Peter Scully :stare:

Octy
Apr 1, 2010

necroid posted:

First I've heard of him. I haven't seen anything about this in the Australian media.

HerStuddMuffin
Aug 10, 2014

YOSPOS

Fried Watermelon posted:

Maybe he got the Assassin intern
He’s willing to do it for the exposure.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

necroid posted:

The comments on that article are weird. One guy begs for upvotes, two people say red rooms dont exist, and the last comment is one huge paragraph of crazy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

quote:

Articles have been written about how noted sex pest Kevin Spacey was protected by England's libel laws when he ran the Old Vic.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-42070575

However, bare facts are not actionable, not even on knifecrime island

Fact: Jon Hamm was expelled from the University of Texas due to a violent hazing incident. He transferred to the University of Missouri. ("Mark Sanders was beaten with a paddle and a broom by other fraternity members, while Hamm was leading him with a hammer claw around Sander's testicles around the fraternity house; Sanders' clothes were also set afire." - Wikipedia)

Fact: Jon Hamm, hot on the heels of "Mad Men" has inexplicably been doing a lot of English television (Black Mirror, Todd Margaret). England *and* Netflix? Hmmmm.

Fact: Jon Hamm was Ellie Kemper's high school drama teacher, as well as Beau Willimon's. (The latter was the showrunner for... House of Cards. DUN DUN DUN)

Also, noted "weird twitter" guru, Rob Delaney. Former addict who suddenly moved to England and promptly got a show on Amazon, a network run by a notorious sex pest https://www.cbsnews.com/news/amazon-studios-executive-roy-price-resigns-following-sexual-harassment-claim/

I'm not saying Rob Delaney or Jon Hamm are sex pests. I am just noting a series of documented facts, protected speech even in my lovely second tier commonwealth.

everyone famous is a rapist

quote:

I engage in very self-destructive behavior when I'm not trying to make someone else happy. I haven't had a friend to make happy and I'm literally drinking myself to death and I can't stop. I don't know how to do things to make myself happy. If I'm not doing something for a friend I go nuts with boredom and just drink so I can stop thinking about it. I have hobbies but I force myself not to indulge in them because I don't deserve happiness.

What is wrong with me? Why is my happiness contingent on other people being happy?

Honestly if you're miserable and you're able to trace it as far as you have you're doing better than most people

but yeah see thread title