Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Intruder the corn dish was fantastic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

FizFashizzle posted:

Intruder the corn dish was fantastic.

Hell yeah it was :getin:

Glad you liked it

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug
I like left over sandwiches with a little bit of everything.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

The hosting family at this years Thanksgiving kept most of the leftovers so none for me.

I have found the glory that is steak-umms though. I am unashamed to say I tried them because of their twitter account.

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari

pubic works project posted:

I'm a simple man. Just some good bread and I'll make some drat turkey sandwiches.

I couldn't decide if I wanted a honey baked ham sandwich or a turkey sandwich.

So I made a sandwich with both and used gravy as dipping sauce.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
My aunt mixes leftovers with pillsbury dough and makes little leftover bombs that are the poo poo

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

pubic works project posted:

I'm a simple man. Just some good bread and I'll make some drat turkey sandwiches.

My wife is Thai and our dirty secret with homemade Thai food is that most dishes are piss easy to make. It was a hit though.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Ready for some Redzone and some Saints football. :dance:

And today is my 10 year regiversary. Came for TFF, pretty much staying for TFF. Still the best football forum out there.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

I’m in your town ehud

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

i sweated half an onion and a small can of green chilis then picked the meat off some ribs and added it to the pan then made a sandwich out of that, broiled with some havarti on top. 5/5 would eat again

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
Anyone got a good potato salad recipe? I'm not a fan of the very sweet kind and most seem to have wayyy too much sugar

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

Blitz7x posted:

Anyone got a good potato salad recipe? I'm not a fan of the very sweet kind and most seem to have wayyy too much sugar

Replace sugary poo poo with brown mustard instead

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Blitz7x posted:

I don't have a recipe but if you're ever on the west side of the city, Virgie's BBQ near Clay Rd and Gessner has the best potato salad I've ever had

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

Intruder posted:

I don't have a recipe but if you're ever on the west side of the city, Virgie's BBQ near Clay Rd and Gessner has the best potato salad I've ever had

I'm trying to emulate Brookstreet BBQ's if that makes sense. Kind of a creamier, cubed potatoes kind. Hell I throw some jalapeños in there if need be

Intruder I don't leave the loop unless it's by court order or for work

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug

Blitz7x posted:

I'm trying to emulate Brookstreet BBQ's if that makes sense. Kind of a creamier, cubed potatoes kind. Hell I throw some jalapeños in there if need be

Intruder I don't leave the loop unless it's by court order or for work

Lolol, used to be people refusing to go inside the loop when I grew up in Houston.

Look for a mustard based recipe. It's what my mom made growing up so I've always found the sweeter potato salads gross.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!
My mom always made Paul Prudhomme’s Cajun Potato Salad, and I do love it something fierce.

4 medium-size white potatoes, cooked, peeled and coarsley chopped
6 hard-boiled eggs, finely chopped
1/4 cup finely chopped onions
1/4 cup finely chopped celery
1/4 cup finely chopped green bell peppers
2 teaspoons ground red pepper, preferably cayenne
2 teaspoons prepared mustard
1 1/4 teaspoons salt
1/4 teaspoon white pepper

In large bowl mix all ingredients then refrigerate.

Green Onion Salad Dressing:

1 egg plus 1 egg yolk
1 1/8 cups vegetable oil
1/2 cup finely chopped green onions
1 1/2 tablespoons Creole or brown mustard
1 tablespoon white vinegar
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon white pepper

Blend the egg and the egg yolk in a blender or a food processor about 2 minutes until they are frothy.

With the machine still running, add oil, gradually, in a thin stream. Once the mixture becomes thick and creamy then add the remaining ingredients and then blend thoroughly.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

C-Euro posted:

My wife is Thai and our dirty secret with homemade Thai food is that most dishes are piss easy to make. It was a hit though.

What's you guys's recipe for Masaman curry? That's one of my favorites.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Uh oh

https://twitter.com/1010WINS/status/934891312733741059

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Blitz7x posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AAR_BFOhUds

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
https://twitter.com/AngryBlackLady/status/934894910888730624

On the one hand "hahaha." On the other hand, kinda wish he would say the wrong thing in one of the EU countries with strong anti-hate speech laws and spend a couple years in jail.

Edit: Just realized Brexit means Britain's stuck with him if Spencer ever wants a European vacation.

Air Skwirl fucked around with this message at 22:29 on Nov 26, 2017

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Is Brexit even still happening? Has anyone introduced an official plan yet?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Is Brexit even still happening? Has anyone introduced an official plan yet?

I don't think they can stop it from happening, and no, there's no plan.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Blitz7x posted:

I use Idahos or Russets because I find Yukon Golds too mushy and Reds to be too crisp. Plus Idahos and Russets are usually big enough that you can do a one potato per person rule when figuring out how many potatoes you need to boil.

6 Idahos
1/2 Tbsp Onion Powder
1/2 Tbsp Garlic Powder
1/2 Tbsp Paprika
1/4 Tbsp Celery Salt
4 Eggs
1/2 cup Mayo
2 Tbsp dijon or ground mustard

Obviously you boil the potatoes and eggs then mix all the ingredients together at the end, but the style comes in how you like your potato salad. If you want a bit of a crunch I suggest dicing pickles, red onions, or celery into the mix. If you want more protein in it you can add chopped bacon, preferably on the crispy side since the potato salad will sog it down. Make sure you add the mayo in batches so you don't over mayo it up. Lots of recipes like to say a cup of mayo and then you use smaller potatoes and all of a sudden you have potato mayonnaise soup. If you don't like it super creamy then add about a tbsp of vinegar into the mix to give it a bit of a bite. I also suggest putting less salt in the mix since salt is a big portion of the onion and garlic powder, and that celery salt itself is basically 99% salt. I also like holding off on the pepper since I think potato salad just doesn't need it.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Skwirl posted:

I mean, maybe they're just hoping everyone gradually forgets that they had that stupid rear end referendum and pretend it never happened.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

I mean, maybe they're just hoping everyone gradually forgets that they had that stupid rear end referendum and pretend it never happened.

Europe won't let them forget.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Skwirl posted:

Europe won't let them forget.

Why would the EU prefer they leave if they get cold feet?

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Skwirl posted:

I wouldnt be surprised if the Brits take a cue from our Russian collusion debacle to re-examine their own debacle tbh

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

They're leaving regardless, and the EU wants to permafuck them so that no other nation is tempted to do themselves.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

I wouldnt be surprised if the Brits take a cue from our Russian collusion debacle to re-examine their own debacle tbh

Labor made huge gains in the last election.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

They started the whole bureaucratic process of leaving, and half of Britain spent the campaign for the referendum being absolute dicks about how much better Britain was than the rest of Europe. Also, while it's not helpful for the EU to lose Britain, they lose a lot less than Britain does.

Basically, after Article 50 was enacted, there was no stopping the separation, the only thing left was to negotiate how trade would work after the separation and they don't have a deal yet and the UK has a much weaker bargaining hand than they thought, and continued political chaos there doesn't help.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

seiferguy posted:

They're leaving regardless, and the EU wants to permafuck them so that no other nation is tempted to do themselves.

Yeah, I don't believe the EU wants them to actually leave, but they want it to hurt so bad that no one else considers it.

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE

Skwirl posted:

Basically, after Article 50 was enacted, there was no stopping the separation,

This isn't really true. The U.K. And the EU could extend the deadline indefinitely under the explicit terms of article 50, and I'm sure could also find a way to say "ok never mind." The wrinkle is each EU member state gets a veto over any extension.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Kalli posted:

Yeah, I don't believe the EU wants them to actually leave, but they want it to hurt so bad that no one else considers it.

Someone did consider it.

EU supported a fascist government that went in and threw a bunch of voting grandmas down the stairs laffo

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Kalli posted:

I feel like Brexit is like repeals of the ACA no one REALLY wants it to happen but the inertia of promises that got them into power are too much to stop.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Flikken posted:

I feel like Brexit is like repeals of the ACA no one REALLY wants it to happen but the inertia of promises that got them into power are too much to stop.

Except unlike repealing the ACA they made it a ballot initiative because the establishment was too cowardly to come out against it and smother it in the crib

turns out when you let people directly vote for things bad poo poo happens

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VEALC1z3QG8

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

On the upside the UK now has an extra 350 billion pounds for the NHS.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

FizFashizzle posted:

Except unlike repealing the ACA they made it a ballot initiative because the establishment was too cowardly to come out against it and smother it in the crib

turns out when you let people directly vote for things bad poo poo happens

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VEALC1z3QG8

Yeah, but there were a fair amount of voters that stated that they voted for Brexit because they really didn't think it would pass.

Direct democracy can be pretty stupid.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Flikken posted:

Yeah, but there were a fair amount of voters that stated that they voted for Brexit because they really didn't think it would pass.

Direct democracy can be pretty stupid

the number one google search in britain after the vote was "what is the EU"

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

probably a bunch of trump voters were just protest-voting on the assumption hillary was certain to win, too. voters are stupid, let's bring back monarchy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe
here's a dumb

https://twitter.com/ABC/status/933565614848925696

• Locked thread