Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Dryzen posted:

bring it on bitch

you don't have merlin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.
here's my Orion write-up;

What the gently caress is that thing she's shoving into her leg in her last ascension art that is literally burning her skin and making it bubble.

That's some hosed up poo poo.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT

Stallion Cabana posted:

What the gently caress is that thing she's shoving into her leg in her last ascension art that is literally burning her skin and making it bubble.

Some sort of magictech reactor. If you look at all her art the cap of it is visible in that spot.

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse

Stallion Cabana posted:

i think the artist had a strategy to not get you to notice that

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.

Gyra_Solune posted:

i think the artist had a strategy to not get you to notice that

Well it didn't loving work because it's bright loving orange.

Dragonturtle
Feb 23, 2017

The best part of the art is Orion trying to pose too despite being a tiny stuffed bear.

Ohtsam
Feb 5, 2010

Not this shit again.
My ocd is now sated and also what the hell is going on in that ascension art 0.o

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
plz change your writeup of marie to include the fact she vive la france and is a good friend who wants to sparkle in the sky

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Ohtsam posted:

My ocd is now sated and also what the hell is going on in that ascension art 0.o

Artemis is a literal god and Nasuverese gods are sometimes not super great at understanding or emulating humans. Pretty sure her clothes, even in her lower ascensions, are part of her own body.

Dryzen
Jul 23, 2011

Captain Baal posted:

you don't have merlin

neither do you!!

Ohtsam
Feb 5, 2010

Not this shit again.

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Artemis is a literal god and Nasuverese gods are sometimes not super great at understanding or emulating humans. Pretty sure her clothes, even in her lower ascensions, are part of her own body.

Now I kind've want to see what would happen in a Nasu/yoko taro collab

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Are there any events that half skill QP costs?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

TheFireMagi posted:

Oh huh, I missed that. Fran's second skill doesn't lower her defense, it lowers the enemy's.
cirnopedia was wrong, then. i dont think itd really affect her rating though.

Endorph fucked around with this message at 12:43 on Nov 26, 2017

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Lord Tpasta posted:

My thinking was that the (Support) Servent you put the Mona Lisa on wouldn't actually be used in battle from the other Masters that pick her, since the CE doesn't offer any benefit to the Servent themselves. I also didn't think that other Masters would pick Mary/Anne for farming doors since their NP is not a wave clearing type.
It's just a matter of what nodes people are going to be looking through for clearing doors. Doors are always caster so I generally look at either Rider or Caster (for Waver) when selecting my support. Now that I know yours is hanging out in Lancer town I can know to look there but I wouldn't normally look there, and I can only assume other people on your friends list will do the same and cost you some FP.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
i am sad over the fact that babbage and fran are so weak, because i love their designs.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
So all the irish servants have a dodge? That's cute.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
Other things to point out:

- Male to female ratio have been even between releases. Most male usually stuck at 3* or lower and often in bulk from main story, but that won’t matter facing them as boss with large pool of hp. Some midboss monster also have male trial.

- There are only THREE single target 5* np archer in the whole game in JP. The second one in summer are limited and the third one post end game. Enjoy raising those 4* archer if you don’t have orion.

- Her NP will catch up to Euylare damage at NP 2... or 3.

Nyaa fucked around with this message at 13:25 on Nov 26, 2017

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Captain Baal posted:

here you loving savages

https://lpix.org/sslptest/index.php?id=149824

i'll kick all ur asses

Why is Sawashiro a loving minus as well. You fuckhead

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Nyaa posted:

Other things to point out:

- Male to female ratio have been even between releases. Most male usually stuck at 3* or lower and often in bulk from main story, but that won’t matter facing them as boss with large pool of hp. Some midboss monster also have male trial.

- There are only THREE single target 5* np archer in the whole game in JP. The second one in summer are limited and the third one post end game. Enjoy raising those 4* archer if you don’t have orion.

- Her NP will catch up to Euylare damage at NP 2... or 3.

yeah it's not as useful as jack's female boost but there's a shitton of bosses on nerofest or even story mode who are male and get owned by her

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

If Korijo is the savior of France, Orion is the Murder Horror Bear of Camelot.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Tired Moritz posted:

So all the irish servants have a dodge? That's cute.
Only one who doesn't is Medb, and she isn't a warrior like the rest are.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
Did they edit the translation? Most of them aren't talking in long rambling sentences anymore

Also why the hell does Lancelot not have a third skill yet? I did his "for someone's glory" interlude.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Tired Moritz posted:

Did they edit the translation? Most of them aren't talking in long rambling sentences anymore

Also why the hell does Lancelot not have a third skill yet? I did his "for someone's glory" interlude.
Interludes give upgrades to NPs. You want to do his Strengthening Quest.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I seem to remember Atalante getting a skill via an Interlude in Okeanos.

Lancelot like a couple of other starting Servants get their third skill via future Strengthening quests (Robin is another one). No clue why this was done though. Most other Strengthening quests seem to be more about augment/improving already existing skills.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

they pretty much never do the 'unlocking a third skill' thing after the launch servants so you can just boil it down to more launch weirdness

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

That's how you get tinnitus

Plutonis posted:

Why is it a plus as well

Dragonturtle
Feb 23, 2017

It really seems like they're showing more and more support to the NA side of the game now that it has proven just how profitable it can be. I'm really glad to see it has been a huge success for them over here.

Still holding out hope that we get those text-boxes midbattle that have translated lines in them that they talked about adding as quality of life for us though.

Lord Tpasta
Jan 25, 2010

DENIED!

Nate RFB posted:

It's just a matter of what nodes people are going to be looking through for clearing doors. Doors are always caster so I generally look at either Rider or Caster (for Waver) when selecting my support. Now that I know yours is hanging out in Lancer town I can know to look there but I wouldn't normally look there, and I can only assume other people on your friends list will do the same and cost you some FP.

You make a fair point. In retrospect, it does make better sense to attach Mona Lisa to a Rider-Class slot when there aren't any events going on. When an event does come, I can always just switch the CE back for The Black Grail again.

XainZero
Feb 16, 2011

Tired Moritz posted:

They did, in fact, edit the translation. It was noted in the most recent patch notes.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
I'm pretty sure the head editor is like a Nero fanboy or something, he kept bragging about how he made sure to replace the uhms with Umu

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Tae posted:

I'm pretty sure the head editor is like a Nero fanboy or something, he kept bragging about how he made sure to replace the uhms with Umu

that... isnt really fanboyism, thats just being correct.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

No one ever use "uhms" either.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Before they patched it, Rome was a lot of Nero going "Umm...mmhm" and I was really confused why she kept doing it. Then they did the panel at Atlanta and he talked about patching in all those instances with Umu.

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

Endorph posted:

that... isnt really fanboyism, thats just being correct.

Yeah, umu is one of those nonsense sounds or phrases Japanese characters use as sort of verbal exclamation points, right? Whereas uhm indicates you aren't sure what to say or is a sound you're making to indicate you aren't done speaking but need just a second before you continue.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Plutonis posted:

Because Sawashiro gets really fuckin annoying sometimes and Artemis is one of the roles that really tows the line

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
If Artemis is less fanservicey, I'll probably dig her sitcom relationship with Orion more.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

There are ways to actually translate Nero's umu, but 'uhm' isn't it. It's more like 'I see!' It's a giddy noise of understanding, nor a quiet one of uncertainty. Of course, the way Nero uses it, it's a bit more like an 'Indeed!' Either way, 'uhm' is just flatout incorrect and gives entirely the wrong impression.

dudermcbrohan
May 14, 2013
if you ever get annoyed at Marie spamming invuln when grinding for rider pieces or monuments, Jack makes those runs comically easy

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

With this, I'll be able to make the ultimate pie!

Dragonturtle posted:

Still holding out hope that we get those text-boxes midbattle that have translated lines in them that they talked about adding as quality of life for us though.

If they do that, I really hope they add an option to remove the gigantic portraits in battle and fit the text boxes in the freed up space. It bothers me how huge that part of the interface design is, when it's not even something you can interact with. It eats up so much screen real estate.

Ruby Prism fucked around with this message at 04:20 on Nov 27, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

super-scientific, ultra-gay

Lipstick Apathy

Nyaa posted:

If Korijo is the savior of France, Orion is the Murder Horror Bear of Camelot.

I will never betray Actual Archer

UBW might be real bad but I refuse to stop