Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Most interesting conference championship game
This poll is closed.
American Athletic 15 10.07%
Atlantic Coast 29 19.46%
Big 12 14 9.40%
Big Ten 38 25.50%
Conference USA 5 3.36%
Mid-American 4 2.68%
Mountain West 1 0.67%
Pacific-12 2 1.34%
Southeastern 41 27.52%
Total: 149 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.

Roasted Donut posted:

I can't tell you because the retard filming his tv screen has cerebral palsy.

Like I said, wait for the replays.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Roasted Donut posted:

I can't tell you because the retard filming his tv screen has cerebral palsy.

drat it do be that way

SpiritualDeath
Jul 2, 2009

shaping your brain like pottery
This season sucked and I still don't know if Jay is the right man for the job, but we crushed UNLV's bowl hopes in a majorly up-and-down game, so...that was tasty.

maxallen
Nov 22, 2006

Got my hat

Sir Thats Gross
May 27, 2006
That’s a fine hat. I saw Alumni Hall had some decent Auburn hats. I’m defaulting to Auburn since Tennessee decided to commit suicide.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

wernox posted:

I'm still kinda embarrassed that I rushed the field for a win over Indiana.

Rush
Every
Field

Man the cougs sucked yesterday, it was a boring victory :/

maxallen
Nov 22, 2006

Sir Thats Gross posted:

That’s a fine hat. I saw Alumni Hall had some decent Auburn hats. I’m defaulting to Auburn since Tennessee decided to commit suicide.

I went to Lids at West Town and they were like “we don’t stock Auburn gear no one wants it here”. So I went over to another store and bought it from an Alabama fan. Hilariously enough, I bought my Clemson hat from an Alabama fan in Chattanooga.

Sir Thats Gross
May 27, 2006

maxallen posted:

I went to Lids at West Town and they were like “we don’t stock Auburn gear no one wants it here”. So I went over to another store and bought it from an Alabama fan. Hilariously enough, I bought my Clemson hat from an Alabama fan in Chattanooga.

Chattanooga has a solid population of Bama fans from what I recall. I don’t live in Knoxville anymore so I have to order online. Austin really only has two options for college gear - Texas and occasionally A&M.

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!
I am very happy with everything Bob Stoops achieved at OU and I’m also happy that the transition has been so smooth in Lincoln Riley's first year.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Fun fact, the SEC created that no-storming-field/court rule after some punk UGA student cold-clocked this guy in 2004:

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

I get that court/field rushes look awesome but yeah it's just begging for something to go far more wrong than an athlete getting punched.

Roargasm
Oct 21, 2010

Hate to sound sleazy
But tease me
I don't want it if it's that easy
At least the goalposts don't fall down anymore

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

D.N. Nation posted:

Fun fact, the SEC created that no-storming-field/court rule after some punk UGA student cold-clocked this guy in 2004:

Not a compelling argument against court storming imo

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

D.N. Nation posted:

that's a picture of jason segel in freaks and geeks season six

Dilber
Mar 27, 2007

TFLC
(Trophy Feline Lifting Crew)

Miami TE Christopher Herndon done for the season. That's going to hurt us big in the championship game and whatever bowl we get.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Roargasm posted:

At least the goalposts don't fall down anymore

Throwing them into lakes should remain a viable option for pent up fans

Three things better in college football than nfl: rushes, bands, ot

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

https://twitter.com/11w/status/934916704622338048

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
Wilton Speight is transferring for his 5th year.

Michigan's QBs for 2018 are Brandon Peters and Dylan McCaffery, with John O'Korn in for the bowl game.

Peters seems to be the guy for 2018, especially given that he's Harbaugh's first QB recruit to see time on the field.

For what it's worth, Michigan's 2017 senior class was the last one recruited by Brady Hoke.

AsInHowe fucked around with this message at 00:13 on Nov 27, 2017

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Schiano got torpedoed.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
Wilton is such a Michigan name

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Proud Christian Mom posted:

Wilton is such a Michigan name

He's actually from Virginia, *looks at username*, Sarah Huckabee Sanders.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

The Daily Mail wrote up the "mass pitch invasion" following the Iron Bowl, somehow not blaming it on Muslims or Jeremy Corbyn. Came into my TL via Dee Ford, a random British lady whose Twitter account was once mistaken for Auburn DE Dee Ford's by our athletic director trying to congratulate him for an award in 2013. This then spiraled into her becoming Auburn's official British fan and she still follows the team.

The comments actually own -- it's all British people saying American football looks dumb and boring and Americans getting really mad at them.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

The Daily Mail wrote up the "mass pitch invasion" following the Iron Bowl, somehow not blaming it on Muslims or Jeremy Corbyn. Came into my TL via Dee Ford, a random British lady whose Twitter account was once mistaken for Auburn DE Dee Ford's by our athletic director trying to congratulate him for an award in 2013. This then spiraled into her becoming Auburn's official British fan and she still follows the team.

The comments actually own -- it's all British people saying American football looks dumb and boring and Americans getting really mad at them.

British football looks dumb and boring.

DOUBLE CLICK HERE
Feb 5, 2005
WA3

MourningView posted:

He never lost to Iowa State!

Fire Riley

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Big 10 castoffs tend to find homes in the LSU and UF.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

D.N. Nation posted:

...I'm not seeing the problem here that created a no-storming rule.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

R.D. Mangles posted:

that's a picture of jason segel in freaks and geeks season six

I wish I lived in this universe

wernox
Mar 26, 2001

I gave up my OG title for this.

pillsburysoldier posted:

Big 10 castoffs tend to find homes in the LSU and UF.

Appleby, Eitling and I can't think of any others.........Hazell and Shoop aren't wrecking any other QB's currently.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.
Only two P5 teams finished the season with winning records without beating a P5 team that also ended the season with a winning record, Michigan and Missouri.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

Rad Valtar posted:

Only two P5 teams finished the season with winning records without beating a P5 team that also ended the season with a winning record, Michigan and Missouri.

the refs really have it out for M-named schools with a bunch of vowels in it!

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

I saved this from The (London) Times, which had an article in 1957 when Queen Elizabeth and Prince Philip attended a college football game during an American visit.

quote:

MYSTERIES OF FOOTBALL

A huge cheer from some 43,000 people greeted their arrival at the Maryland ground, where, seated between the two state Governors, the Queen was initiated into the mysteries of American football. She and the Duke of Edinburgh sometimes looked a little puzzled as the helmeted, padded young giants hurled themselves into tackles from which the ball rarely seemed to emerge; but there was all the colour of counter-marching bands, the prancing drum majorettes in their attenuated uniforms, and the contortions of the cheer leaders, whose purpose apparently is to whip the rival supporters into a suitable state of frenzy. At one moment a huge Union Jack was formed by a solid bank of spectators across the ground from the royal box. A chilly wind blew and the Queen, who arrived in a rose ensemble, soon put on a full-length $15,000 mink coat presented to her last week by an American mink breeders' association.

Other gifts were presented during the match, including old Indian arrows from Maryland and Oklahoma and footballs for the royal children containing musical boxes which play the Maryland and North Carolina state songs.

Also:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FuPeGPwGKe8

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

Michigan sucks

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

THE LAST CORP TRIP
- by P.H. DuVal, Jr.'51

(actually inscribed on a giant stone wall at the Bonfire memorial, just scan it you don't have to read the whole thing)

It was Judgment Day in Aggieland
And tenseness filled the air;
All knew there was a trip at hand,
But not a soul knew where.

Assembled on the drill field
Was the world-renowned Twelfth Man,
The entire fighting Aggie team
And the famous Aggie Band.

And out in front with Royal Guard
The reviewing party stood;
St. Peter and his angel staff
Were choosing bad from good.

First he surveyed the Aggie team
And in terms of an angel swore,
“By Jove, I do believe I’ve seen
This gallant group before.

I’ve seen them play since way back when,
And they’ve always had the grit;
I’ve seen ‘em lose and I’ve seen ‘em win,
But I’ve never seen ‘em quit.

No need for us to tarry here
Deciding upon their fates;
Tis plain as the halo on my head
That they’ve opened Heaven’s gates.”

And when the Twelfth Man heard this,
They let out a mighty yell
That echoed clear to Heaven
and shook the gates of Hell.

“And what group is this upon the side,”
St. Peter asked his aide,
“That swelled as if to burst with pride
When we our judgment made?”

“Why, sir, that’s the Cadet Corps
That’s known both far and wide
For backing up their fighting team
Whether they won, lost or tied.”

“Well, then,” said St. Peter,
“It’s very plain to me
That within the realms of Heaven
They should spend eternity.

And have the Texas Aggie Band
At once commence to play
For their fates too we must decide
Upon this crucial day.”

And the drum major so hearing
Slowly raised his hand
And said, “Boys, let’s play The Spirit
For the last time in Aggieland.”

And the band poured forth the anthem
In notes both bright and clear
And ten thousand Aggie voices
Sang the song they hold so dear.

And when the band had finished,
St. Peter wiped his eyes
And said, “It’s not so hard to see
They’re meant for Paradise.”

And the colonel of the Cadet Corps said
As he stiffly took his stand,
“It’s just another Corps Trip, boys,
We’ll march in behind the band.”

General Dog fucked around with this message at 05:33 on Nov 27, 2017

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

OH MY GOD

Reported on Auburn's Rivals site podcast, "confirmed by multiple people", at the postgame handshake of Auburn-Georgia
Gus: I'll see you in three weeks
Kirby: I'm gonna tell Nick you said that
Gus: You do that

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.

Zoran posted:

I am very happy with everything Bob Stoops achieved at OU and I’m also happy that the transition has been so smooth in Lincoln Riley's first year.

Here is to hoping it's more of a Helfrich situation than a Chip Kelly situation.

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

OH MY GOD

Reported on Auburn's Rivals site podcast, "confirmed by multiple people", at the postgame handshake of Auburn-Georgia

Owns if true

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

OH MY GOD

This rules

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

I was in a liquor store a day or two after the Auburn Georgia game wearing an Auburn shirt and got into not an argument but a mild discussion with a Bama guy and then a third party who was all about USC, so that was pretty weird.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

I want a Michigan version of this

• Locked thread