Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best In The South
This poll is closed.
Atlanta Falcons 33 16.92%
Carolina Panthers 42 21.54%
New Orleans Saints 42 21.54%
Tampa Bay Buccaneers 17 8.72%
You All Suck 61 31.28%
Total: 195 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Kamara just going over dudes now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paul Proteus
Dec 6, 2007

Zombina says "si hoc legere scis nimium eruditionis habes!"

That Works posted:

Kamara just going over dudes now

With how many penalties have been in this game, and how badly the Def has been struggling without Lattimore, Kamara will be the only thing that can win this.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Paul Proteus posted:

With how many penalties have been in this game, and how badly the Def has been struggling without Lattimore, Kamara will be the only thing that can win this.

Cam Jordan been ballin out tho

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Shiki Dan posted:

Reminder that the Panthers had 2 picks in the top 40 of this year's draft, and used them both for RBs not named Hunt, Kamara, or Fournette

Fournette wasn't an option.

I don't think Samuel in the 2nd was a bad pick.

But CMC. Woo lad

Paul Proteus
Dec 6, 2007

That Works posted:

Cam Jordan been ballin out tho

He's been playing out of his mind, but regretfully, can't play in the secondary.

Shiki Dan
Oct 27, 2010

If ya can move ya toes ya back's fine

FizFashizzle posted:

Fournette wasn't an option.

I don't think Samuel in the 2nd was a bad pick.

But CMC. Woo lad

Samuel is a bad luck case so far, I still wouldn't have minded them to trade both picks to move up and grab Fournette.
It certainly would have been on the table.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.
Screw the Jets and screw the Rams :argh:

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Secondary looked good just now tho

Paul Proteus
Dec 6, 2007

That Works posted:

I seriously thought Watkins was gonna take that to the house. What a ridiculous bounce / underthrow by Goff.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

That Works posted:

That was 6...horrible throw

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Shiki Dan posted:

It certainly would have been on the table.

They tried.

Just didn't happen.

Still, there were at least 3 players i would have preferred at that spot, and there's only more now that the season has played out.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Brees trying to throw allllll the picks. Rams secondary woof...

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Panthers got away with one today but it's kind of about time they had a bit of Luck. Cam was due a bad game. I'm hoping it's his last one for the season though.

If they can win next week they control the division.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Man, streaks end, but we have GOT to get Lattimore and Crawley back on the field. Today's D was horrid. Still leading the South though, but you guys won't back off. :argh:

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

^ we coming for ya, bruh

weird Asian candy posted:

Screw the Jets :argh: and yay the Rams :hfive:

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Silly Burrito posted:

Man, streaks end, but we have GOT to get Lattimore and Crawley back on the field. Today's D was horrid. Still leading the South though, but you guys won't back off. :argh:

It all comes down to next week.

Barring some kind of panthers meltdown.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Take away those Vaccaro dumb penalties and I bet that was a win

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

BlindSite posted:

Not really

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

That Works posted:

Take away those Vaccaro dumb penalties and I bet that was a win

Vaccaro's been a walking personal foul since he played at Texas.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Figured this was a loss going in, but ultimately it comes down to closing out the divisional games. 11 wins seems pretty doable, but still might not be enough to win the division. drat.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Figured this was a loss going in, but ultimately it comes down to closing out the divisional games. 11 wins seems pretty doable, but still might not be enough to win the division. drat.

Yup. A lot of divisional games to close out the season will determine the south winner. As it should be. Gonna be a fun and potentially miserable December for the best division in football.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

BlindSite posted:

Glad this one is at home.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Yup. A lot of divisional games to close out the season will determine the south winner. As it should be. Gonna be a fun and potentially miserable December for the best division in football.

I might as well stock up on heart medication for the two Saints/Falcons games.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Silly Burrito posted:

I might as well stock up on heart medication for the two Saints/Falcons games.

You guys are going to run all over us and I'm going to get very very upset. :(

Offense is starting to click though so that's promising. Could be an old fashioned Saints/Falcons shootout.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Yeah you're right. Didn't realise there were so many division games.

Panthers have
Saints,
Vikings,
packers
buccs
Atlanta

Saints have
Panthers
Falcons
Jets
Falcons
Buccs

Falcons have
Vikings
Saints
Buccs
Saints
Panthers

That final week two weeks could be a cluster gently caress.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

The Vikings games for Atlanta and Carolina are going to be a good litmus test after what they did to the rams.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

BlindSite posted:

Panthers have
Saints,
Vikings,
packers
buccs
Atlanta

Saints have
Panthers
Falcons
Jets
Falcons
Buccs

Falcons have
Vikings
Saints
Buccs
Saints
Panthers

Thanks Goodell.

I swear to god if Rodgers comes back for no reason....

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

BlindSite posted:

Panthers have
Saints,
Vikings,
packers
buccs
Atlanta

Saints have
Panthers
Falcons
Jets
Falcons
Buccs

Falcons have
Vikings
Saints
Buccs
Saints
Panthers

Yeah there is A LOT of games coming up for all of us. It's going to be an insane way to close out the season. Truly a "may the best team win" scenario.

We all kinda control our own destiny.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

I have field level for the Panthers@Falcons game.

can't wait for the goatse dome to rain bolts all over me if the crowd gets loud.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

I'd be ok with bolts raining all over you as well tbh

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

BlindSite posted:

Panthers got away with one today but it's kind of about time they had a bit of Luck. Cam was due a bad game. I'm hoping it's his last one for the season though.

If they can win next week they control the division.

It's really weird to be celebrating a win based on a roughing the passer call in our favor.

Funchess looks really, really good since the KB trade. And I'm still OK with the CMC pick because during the first couple drives before Olsen got injured again either one or both of them was open on almost every play; nobody has linebackers that can cover both and if Clay or Shepard can step up and become a deep threat that'll prevent safeties from coming up to help out.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

oldskool posted:

It's really weird to be celebrating a win based on a roughing the passer call in our favor.

Funchess looks really, really good since the KB trade. And I'm still OK with the CMC pick because during the first couple drives before Olsen got injured again either one or both of them was open on almost every play; nobody has linebackers that can cover both and if Clay or Shepard can step up and become a deep threat that'll prevent safeties from coming up to help out.

Funchess has been really good. I'd like to see the plays called to feature him a little more.

Olsen going down again sucks but if it's just soreness as advertised he should be back fairly soon.

Rodgers coming back would suck really quite badly even if the rest of the team is complete trash that could end really bad.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
A man is dead

https://streamable.com/bn07a

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

owns

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

John "Black Jack" Pershing
Hard Fucking Core

Goddamn I love goofy celebrations.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Classic fencing response

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Though I thought before clicking on it that it was going to be a video of Julio breaking that poor db's ankles

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Classic fencing response

:laffo:

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Pershing posted:

Goddamn I love goofy celebrations.

The relaxed celebration penalties are the best change the NFL has ever made since inventing the forward pass and the digital yellow line on the field that shows where first down yardage is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slowpoke!
Feb 12, 2008

ANIME IS FOR ADULTS
It's almost like they realized that there is no such thing as the professional sports business and that they are actually part of the entertainment industry.

• Locked thread