Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

You guys ready to hear a satanic song?
i hate this loving quarterback

https://twitter.com/ClayWendler/status/934924392395657217

https://twitter.com/ClayWendler/status/934925182002712579

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

aperion
May 15, 2007

i want to believe
Grimey Drawer
PB was right.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Miserable win for the Panthers.

Cam had been dealing with a thumb issue all week and couldn't throw. It showed.

Olsen looked good but was pulled for precautionary reasons.

Defense got tired and exposed a bit. Panthers front 7 is probably the best in the nfl, but the DBs are just people that don't blow coverage. They can be blown past by fast receivers, as was evidenced today. Also Jets receivers made some nuts catches. whatever, they practice too.

Another terrible win for a team that's making a living off winning bad.

Next week will determine what happens with this team. They just scream 1 and done to me.

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013

Alaois posted:

so the AFC West

The Chargers sucked the lifeforce from the rest of the division

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.
News: Seahawks beat the 49er's cripple club.

Views: This isn't actually news.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.
Thank you, former Browns kicker, Phil Dawson, for keeping the Jags out a 1st round bye for another week. The North remembers

Sono
Apr 9, 2008

XxGirlKisserxX posted:

I just looked it up and every single team in the AFC has a winning streak against the Browns except for the Chargers

The NFC losers are the 49ers, Saints, Falcons, and Bucs.

On a related note, the new Browns do not have a losing record against the NFC South.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
We suck again!

:smithicide:

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
So I didn't watch a second of that game but I'm going to assume from his stat line that Blaine Gabbert was pretty good against the scariest defense in the league for a quarterback to play against.

I never gave up Blaine, I knew you had it in you.

b0ng
Jan 16, 2004

Thats a nice Game 7 you have there. Would be a shame if somebody nailed it down.
What the gently caress happened between Crabtree and Talib :stare:

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

b0ng posted:

Talib being a poo poo head again.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

b0ng posted:

Aqib Talib is the Breaker of Chains

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
Its crazy to me that for the first couple weeks this year the AFC West was considered one of(if not the) top divisions in football. Now theyre maybe the worst, and the one team that looked totally out of it early on is probably gonna win it.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Packers inactives:
OLB Clay Matthews
RB Aaron Jones

RB Ty Montgomery
OG Lucas Patrick
CB Donatello Brown
NT Kenny Clark
OL Adam Pankey

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

SKULL.GIF posted:

Packers inactives:
OLB Clay Matthews
RB Aaron Jones

RB Ty Montgomery
OG Lucas Patrick
CB Donatello Brown
NT Kenny Clark
OL Adam Pankey

Are you from the future?

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Benne posted:

Tanking isn't a thing in the NFL. Nobody tries to lose and this meme seriously needs to go away.

They just really are that bad.

I never understood why fans think teams in the NFL tank. It only makes sense from a fans perspective. But for the players and coaches a lot of them will still be looking for jobs and have no reason to tank. Now im sure teams who are out of it dont always have their hearts completely in these late season games I just doubt theyre losing to help the franchise and no gain to themselves.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Elephanthead posted:

Are you from the future?

http://www.nfl.com/inactives

Ugh, Burnett and King are out now too

This team is a shell

axeil
Feb 14, 2006
thank you rams for making it exceedingly likely we get a 1st round bye this year. i've been running scenarios and it requires really crazy poo poo (philly dropping 3 of 5 down the stretch OR 2 of vikings/rams/saints winning out, etc.) for the eagles to not get a bye.

funny enough, they can go 13-3 and get the #4 seed which would be hilarious.

edit: you can also have all 3 good nfc south teams go 11-5 and screw out an 11-5 lions team which is also amusing

Primetime posted:

I'm looking forward to last week's Nathan Peterman experiment keeping the bills out of the playoffs

Ask and you shall receive:

I also like that the Chargers miss out despite going 9-7 and the Rams go 12-4 and only get a 4th seed out of it.

axeil fucked around with this message at 02:28 on Nov 27, 2017

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe

SKULL.GIF posted:

Packers inactives:
OLB Clay Matthews
RB Aaron Jones

RB Ty Montgomery
OG Lucas Patrick
CB Donatello Brown
NT Kenny Clark
OL Adam Pankey

So, out of curiosity, why is Rodgers not on this list? Because he's officially on IR?

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

rjmccall posted:

So, out of curiosity, why is Rodgers not on this list? Because he's officially on IR?

Yeah, guys on IR don't count towards the active roster

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Fire Capers

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Please get healthy Lattimore and Crawley, for we saw what the Saints D looks like without you, and it's not pretty.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
Harrison Butker broke the Chiefs' consecutive made-FGs record today, at 23 and counting. So there's that, at least. :shobon:

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

You guys ready to hear a satanic song?
https://i.imgur.com/wC6FdP4.gifv

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE

Silly Burrito posted:

Please get healthy Lattimore and Crawley, for we saw what the Saints D looks like without you, and it's not pretty.

Yeah, 2016 called.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
I just got to listen to today's game while driving home, but it sounds like Jared Goff was sharp today and the Rams defense played well. Hopefully they can close out the season winning the three games they are supposed to(49ers, Cardinals and Titans) and beating the Seahawks at home.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
I knew the Saints had an L in them for the Rams to capitalize on. Hopefully they turn things around next week when it matters most.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

that was incredibly kind of him, go jags :unsmith:

DariusLikewise posted:

I just got to listen to today's game while driving home, but it sounds like Jared Goff was sharp today and the Rams defense played well. Hopefully they can close out the season winning the three games they are supposed to(49ers, Cardinals and Titans) and beating the Seahawks at home.

dream big darius! i'm pretty nervous for our game in 2 weeks. ya'll look real good right now.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

How has this not been posted yet?

https://mobile.twitter.com/Eagles/s...30%2Fframe.html

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Leonard Fournette is a good man.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

i swear to god if we don't bring back the 2017 version of the super bowl shuffle this year i'm gonna be pissed

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
A super bowl shuffle in this day and age would be treated with a hundred times the derision the Giants boat photo received.

solarjetman
Jan 27, 2001

Fun Shoe
Paxton Lynch has not progressed at all. He is still inaccurate, still takes off running if the first read is covered, and still isn't fast enough for that running to make any plays. He is dreadful. I hope he gets 100% healthy soon so that the Broncos don't pretend he still has potential after this season.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

solarjetman posted:

Paxton Lynch has not progressed at all. He is still inaccurate, still takes off running if the first read is covered, and still isn't fast enough for that running to make any plays. He is dreadful. I hope he gets 100% healthy soon so that the Broncos don't pretend he still has potential after this season.

I saw a brief screenshot but why was Paxton crying on the sidelines? Was it due to the injury?

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

A.o.D. posted:

I knew the Saints had an L in them for the Rams to capitalize on. Hopefully they turn things around next week when it matters most.

The Saints had me nervous right up to Watkins catching the onside kick, it was a good game and you guys will be tougher when Lattimore comes back.

axeil posted:

dream big darius! i'm pretty nervous for our game in 2 weeks. ya'll look real good right now.

I'm completely prepared for the Rams to lose to the Eagles. I am excited for a no.1 vs no. 2 marquee matchup though!

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

never, like, count out Touchdown Tom, man

TheBizzness posted:

Dolphins decided they were going to keep Philip Dorset from beating them and they did.

Unfortunately they let Gronk, Cooks and Lewis do whatever they wanted for the most part.

Bad coaching decisions, dumb penalties and general unawareness kept this from being a real game but it was still a much closer contest score aside from what I expected.

Glad the Big Brains in miami figured out a way to keep the patriots greatest weapon Philip Dorset out of the game (?)

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
E: wrong thread

axeil
Feb 14, 2006
lol the packers

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.
Antonio Brown is unstoppable

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Mike Tomlin is the best coach in the NFL today and I believe that he will surpass Don Shulas record for all-time wins.

• Locked thread