Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
aperion
May 15, 2007

i want to believe
Grimey Drawer

Kull the Conqueror posted:

Fire everyone for burying Trevor “Almost Back in It” Siemian

If Lynch hasn't been completely hosed up by that ankle injury, he should get the start for the remainder of the season. It's over anyways, might as well see if he can't man the gently caress up, stop crying, and play some football. If not, then no big loss, go lock up Kirk Cousins in the offseason and run a train on the division again.

Wait, gently caress, Elway doesn't read the forums, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

You guys ready to hear a satanic song?
good article. even the super homer gif guy is fed up with alex

bench himmmmmmm

https://www.arrowheadpride.com/2017/11/26/16702708/what-the-chiefs-should-do-with-alex-smith-and-patrick-mahomes

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
Butker broke the Chiefs' consecutive FG made record today. So there's that, at least. :shobon:

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:
This was pretty cool

https://twitter.com/NBCSRaiders/status/934943892390141953

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Strobe posted:

Butker broke the Chiefs' consecutive FG made record today. So there's that, at least. :shobon:
What a great pick up by Veach.

So I assume the Paxton Lynch era is permanently over?

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Nah he tweaked his ankle and they just got a new playbook so he'll have at least 1 more game. But I mean it's over in the sense that he ain't going no where

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I'm just reading some articles and sitting here bemused thinking back to the time when Alex Smith was the leading MVP candidate.

For that matter part of his competition was Kareem Hunt, although I don't think Kareem's problems are as much about him as they are about Alex and the line.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Grittybeard posted:

I'm just reading some articles and sitting here bemused thinking back to the time when Alex Smith was the leading MVP candidate.

For that matter part of his competition was Kareem Hunt, although I don't think Kareem's problems are as much about him as they are about Alex and the line.
I don't think the line a huge problem, outside of the tirefire at LG (I have no loving idea why Ehringer is being a healthy scratch) and the dumb poo poo coaching from Andy Heck.

They will suddenly look a hell lot better as a group once Andy starts a QB that Defenses are actually scared of beating them deep.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

LiquidFriend posted:

I don't think the line a huge problem

I don't think it's the main problem, but Eric Fisher has disappointed/regressed. He wasn't a worldbeater but he looked like he was trending into a better player before this year. They were also injured for a few weeks there with Morse and LDT out, but both are back now and here we are. Schwartz has been consistently good from what I can tell.

I don't get the Ehinger thing either, it makes me wonder if he's not all the way back or if he lost aggressiveness or something.

I get that you're mostly pinning things on Alex, and to a decently large extent I agree. But Fish especially could be better.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Grittybeard posted:

I don't think it's the main problem, but Eric Fisher has disappointed/regressed. He wasn't a worldbeater but he looked like he was trending into a better player before this year. They were also injured for a few weeks there with Morse and LDT out, but both are back now and here we are. Schwartz has been consistently good from what I can tell.

I don't get the Ehinger thing either, it makes me wonder if he's not all the way back or if he lost aggressiveness or something.

I get that you're mostly pinning things on Alex, and to a decently large extent I agree. But Fish especially could be better.
We can definitely agree there. Fisher isn't a very good LT and I'd like to see them work towards upgrading from him once they get the Defense squared away and find a flanker that can move the chains.

Andy Heck needs to absolutely go and that's the first and most important step. He's awful.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:
"Dilly dilly!"

https://twitter.com/ThaOnlyGeo/status/930236279538585600

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Hahahahaha

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Dilly dilly!

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH
It's nice that we got a W and have a legit chance to maybe win the division since KC is making GBS threads themselves. Not worried about San Diego cuz lol. With that said, I'm still not very hopeful. If Denver had another drive we probably would've been hosed.

It's hosed up because we're stuck in a situation where maybe we could make a run for the division but even if we made it, we'd still get crushed in the playoffs because we have too many holes and/or we're bipolar as gently caress. Even a 1 and done in the playoffs is an improvement considering the previous 14 years but it would probably ensure that no other coaching changes would be made. It's hosed up where you almost wish to lose more so poo poo can be fixed for the future.

Anyway, gently caress Denver forever, Elway eat all the dicks and Talib is bitchmade

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Black Sunshine posted:

Not worried about San Diego cuz lol.
you don't say...

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about Derek Carr's stolen MVP awards, those dastardly refs, and, oh yeah, having the absolute worst fucking gimmick in The Football Funhouse.

Black Sunshine posted:

Anyway, gently caress Denver forever, Elway eat all the dicks and Talib is bitchmade

Amen.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling

Grittybeard posted:

the OL is weird because its good at pass blocking but terrible, terrible at run blocking. The pass blocking usually fails because Alex Smith is a garbage-tier QB with 0 pocket presence

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
The Chiefs problems (now that the defense has kinda unfucked itself into an average unit) are 95% Alex Smith. The run game can't get going because every DC is stacking the LOS with defenders, that's Alex Smith's fault.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Also it’s funny to occasionally read a calm, normal fans opinion on things.

https://twitter.com/kansascitycat/status/935171599040253952

Thank you Kansascitycat

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

What the hell caused this?

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
The AFC West.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I bet Crabtree has been stewing about talib since he ripped his chain off lol.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

seiferguy posted:

What the hell caused this?

Inbreeding and low oxygen at altitude

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Volkerball posted:

Talib ripped it off again on that play is probably what set him off, which is pretty funny.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Volkerball posted:

No doubt about it. Before his scuffle with Talib he allegedly sucker punched Harris in the stomach

The best part was Crabtree making GBS threads himself as seven Broncos players approached him

E:

FUCKFACE MORON fucked around with this message at 22:41 on Nov 27, 2017

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

Eli Wiggum posted:

No doubt about it. Before his scuffle with Talib he allegedly sucker punched Harris in the stomach

The best part was Crabtree making GBS threads himself as seven Broncos players approached him

E:

https://twitter.com/Egroat5/status/934988945485680647

Looks like a hard block to me. Put 'em in dresses!

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

QBs

:rolleyes:

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
I like "ELWAY" on the mug just so we all know it's him

Nov 6, 2002

Yeah but you know John Elway probably does use a coffee mug with his name in giant print.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

My Chiefs friends have been debating about Alex Smith all morning.

If by debating you mean unilaterally agreeing it is time for Mahomes and if you think differently you need to be screamed down and then kicked off the text thread.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
What if Mahomes is bad

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Blitz7x posted:

What if Mahomes is bad

He probably would be at first. Probably worse than many Chiefs fans are thinking. But Alex has been real bad recently too so...:shrug:

Doesn't really matter, Andy won't bench Alex for at least another couple/three weeks. He might not do it unless the Chiefs get eliminated from the playoffs.

cosmic gumbo
Mar 26, 2005

IMA
  1. GRIP
  2. N
  3. SIP
I want Mahomes to be bad just because the Chiefs not having drafted a QB that's won a game for them since 1987 is one of my favorite facts.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Blitz7x posted:

What if Mahomes is bad

Then we'd rather find out now. None of this season matters. You could limp into the playoffs and play a bad team at home, best case scenario. Only that team would likely be Buffalo and welp....we just saw how that goes.

The problem is teams are stacking the box and playing cover 2 because they don't trust that Alex Smith can throw it deep to the wide side of the field and he can't. So...offense is shut down. Passing shut down, running shut down. It's a blueprint that can't be fixed because Alex is skittish as gently caress right now and when he thinks the line is breaking down (whether true or not) he drops his eyes and starts running around, ignoring open receivers all over the place.

Mahomes will bring new problems but at least he'll fix that one, he is excellent at avoiding the pass rush while keeping his eyes downfield. This line isn't great but it's a hell of a lot better than Texas Tech's historically bad line.

There's just no reason anymore to wait. I was a wait and see guy, we waited and now we see. If the off-chance you can win a first game happens this team will get slaughtered by Pittsburgh or New England. There's just no point.

I'm glad we managed to see that Kareem Hunt has talent, Reggie Ragland is Derrick Johnson's replacement, Butker is the kicker of the future. Great now play Mahomes and maybe we can look like Philly next season. Do it.

Because so help me god if we lose to the Jets there are going to be riots.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Please start Mahomes and concede the division to the Chargers kthx

Nov 6, 2002

Mahomes could be great, or at least better than Smith has played the last few weeks. Or he could come out and play like Nathan Peterman and completely sink the Chiefs' playoff chances. I'd imagine that Andy Reid maybe likes his chances of fixing Smith over switching to Mahomes. Just playing devil's advocate.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

It's a fair point but fixing Smith basically only increases his trade value.

Also Reid has had six weeks to fix Smith and it's getting worse. They had 27 drives and managed one touchdown. Like seriously?

This team can't score against the Giants and the Bills. Look at how many points teams scored in the two weeks against those teams before the Chiefs.

This team is cooked. Start Mahomes, give the season a purpose.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

2017 was simply a throw away for Andy Reid. He knew the roster had a lot of garbage and has a lot of stability with a new extension and a loyal boss to make this season a redshirt affair.

I don't see Mahomes playing at all this year because Andy just doesn't care about veering from his plan.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I mean, I don't either.

I'm just tired of watching this poo poo (especially when I have Tyreek in like three fantasy leagues)

https://twitter.com/kent_swanson/status/935168576138416128

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

I can sit through 5 more weeks of dink and dunk to make sure Alex Smith is gone forever.

I want zero doubt.

• Locked thread