Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

Flikken posted:

So I just got put into a gun group on Facebook that is for "like minded" individuals with very specific instructions on how to sell a gun on the group circumventing Facebook's rules against selling gum on their website.

Should I :

A. Take screen shots of posts and report them to Facebook?

B. Invite every non white person on my friends list into said group?

C. Both

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yCC_b5WHLX0

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

:gizz: will suck dick for 5.7x28 PM me :gizz:

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Flikken posted:

So I just got put into a gun group on Facebook that is for "like minded" individuals with very specific instructions on how to sell a gun on the group circumventing Facebook's rules against selling gum on their website.

Should I :

A. Take screen shots of posts and report them to Facebook?

B. Invite every non white person on my friends list into said group?

C. Both

1. Wait until you see someone circumventing the law.
2. ___
3. Enjoy the drama.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

vent hot air right into my boi pussy

edit: I'm the jorts and lovely tattoo

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

You will find no one to help you here. Beth DuClare has been dissected and placed in cryonic storage.

I'm the Barrett and bad decision making

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

45 ACP CURES NAZIS posted:

vent hot air right into my boi pussy

edit: I'm the jorts and lovely tattoo

If that's a dude...

...that's a pretty hot dude.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
I'm the impending faceplant.

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

Duzzy Funlop posted:

If that's a dude...

...that's a pretty hot dude.

Like I told my gunny the other day, "I'll suck a chick's dick if she's hot enough".

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Looks like the 2018 NDAA has made it all the way through Congress with a provision mandating the transfer of some surplus 1911s to the CMP. :toot:

https://www.congress.gov/bill/115th-congress/house-bill/2810/text#toc-HF94B7D802A594346A14DC196D3278396

H.R.2810 posted:

SEC. 1091. TRANSFER OF SURPLUS FIREARMS TO CORPORATION FOR THE PROMOTION OF RIFLE PRACTICE AND FIREARMS SAFETY.
(a) Transfer Requirement.—

(1) IN GENERAL.—During fiscal years 2018 and 2019, the Secretary of the Army shall transfer surplus caliber .45 M1911/M1911A1 pistols described in paragraph (2) to the Corporation for the Promotion of Rifle Practice and Firearms Safety in accordance with this section.

(2) PISTOLS DESCRIBED.—The pistols described in this paragraph are surplus caliber .45 M1911/M1911A1 pistols and spare parts and related accessories for those pistols that, on the date of the enactment of this section, are under the control of the Secretary and are surplus to the requirements of the Department of the Army.

(3) NUMBER TO BE TRANSFERRED.—

(A) TOTAL NUMBER.—For any fiscal year, a total of not more than 10,000 surplus caliber .45 M1911/M1911A1 pistols may be transferred to the Corporation under this section and section 40728 of title 36, United States Code.

(B) FISCAL YEAR 2018.—For fiscal year 2018, not less than 8,000 surplus caliber .45 M1911/M1911A1 pistols shall be transferred to the Corporation pursuant to this section.

(4) TERMS OF TRANSFERS.—Subsections (b), (c), (d), (e), and (g) of section 40728 of title 36, United States Code, shall apply to a transfer under this section in the same manner such subsections apply to transfers of firearms under such section 40728.

(5) OTHER REQUIREMENTS.—Except as provided in subsection (b)(1), subchapter II of chapter 407 of title 36, United States Code, shall apply with respect to firearms transferred under this section.

Naked Bear fucked around with this message at 17:44 on Nov 21, 2017

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Naked Bear posted:

Looks like the 2018 NDAA has made it all the way through Congress with a provision mandating the transfer of some surplus 1911s to the CMP. :toot:

https://www.congress.gov/bill/115th-congress/house-bill/2810/text#toc-HF94B7D802A594346A14DC196D3278396

If I recall wasn’t it the same in the previous ones (or was it may vs shall) and the Secretary of the Army just held it up.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Looking forward to buying old beat to poo poo looser-than-your-mother 1911 with giant import marks peened into them hard enough to warp the slide.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

MazelTovCocktail posted:

If I recall wasn’t it the same in the previous ones (or was it may vs shall) and the Secretary of the Army just held it up.
Yeah, it was "may" transfer up to some number, which obviously never happened.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

LingcodKilla posted:

Looking forward to buying old beat to poo poo looser-than-your-mother 1911 with giant import marks peened into them hard enough to warp the slide.

:same:

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

LingcodKilla posted:

:same:

That said much like the CMP Garlands and Carbines these won’t have import marks.

Naked Bear posted:

Yeah, it was "may" transfer up to some number, which obviously never happened.

Ah okay. I just wanted to make sure I wasn’t getting my hopes up for nothing.

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

You will find no one to help you here. Beth DuClare has been dissected and placed in cryonic storage.

There are places where the warp bleeds over into reality and the laws of physics become void.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Goddamn.

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

Holy poo poo thats beautiful.

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

Is that a new sling?

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

Nah, same BFG Vickers. The big new item is the Aimpoint Micro on a Bobro mount on an Ultimak gas tube. Also tan gaffers tape on the stock parts rather than black electrical.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

oh hey its that location from 17776

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

ElMaligno posted:

oh hey its that location from 17776

The games been going on for 13000 years....

Also Rat, i'm going to seriously suggest this AGAIN. Make a tear off day calendar of where's waldo photos. Make a print run of 10,000. Sell them for $20 a pop.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

No ocean 1/10.

Just kidding (kinda) very pretty.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Is that some random slot canyon, or Antelope canyon up there? Asking because the pic is close after horseshoe bend, and I've been around page a million times, but I'm surprised you didn't get poo poo for bringing a gun.

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

It's Waterholes canyon. Permit required, but no tour guide needed. Cause yeah I try to keep the whipping it out around other tourists to a minimum.

At Horseshoe bend there was no choice, there were already 40-50 people there even at 7AM. Just had to look at my Soliton radar and wait until their cones of vision weren't there, then place Waldo in a nonchalant way. Same process for retrieval. No one said anything, but then everyone was too busy with selfie sticks and taking pictures of each other jumping in the air or doing yoga poses or whatever. Plus the spot I picked didn't have many people directly around. Glad I did it once, so I can never go back there again. What a circus.

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

The idea of somebody going through their vacation pictures and finding you in the background delicately positioning your AK is hilarious to me.

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

Oh I actually got spotted at White Pocket. Had Waldo out and placed and was taking pictures, then these two Asian chicks came through. One stopped and said "Is that a weapon???"

I put on my human face and laughed and said yeah, I just take pictures of it, it's legal and I'm harmless. They laughed and wanted pictures of it.

They actually have one picture where one of them was handing Waldo up to me, both smiling and me throwing the peace sign like a proper fraudulent Asian tourist.

Waldo doesn't exactly blend in well in the southwest. Not nearly as many bushes and trees to hide in.

At Horseshoe bend there's probably 3-6 people with inadvertent Waldo shots.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

The Rat posted:

Oh I actually got spotted at White Pocket. Had Waldo out and placed and was taking pictures, then these two Asian chicks came through. One stopped and said "Is that a weapon???"

I put on my human face and laughed and said yeah, I just take pictures of it, it's legal and I'm harmless. They laughed and wanted pictures of it.

They actually have one picture where one of them was handing Waldo up to me, both smiling and me throwing the peace sign like a proper fraudulent Asian tourist.

Waldo doesn't exactly blend in well in the southwest. Not nearly as many bushes and trees to hide in.

At Horseshoe bend there's probably 3-6 people with inadvertent Waldo shots.

DID YOU GET SOME GODDAMN DIGITS AND A DATE OUT OF THAT????

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

Nah they were from California.

And let's be real here I have a bad track record when it comes to hiking and dates :suicide:

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

The Rat posted:

I put on my human face and

This is the type of post I'd expect to see in GiP as a non Gipper.

It's only 3:45am and this already made my day. :lol:

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

The Rat posted:

And let's be real here I have a bad track record when it comes to hiking and dates :suicide:

Uh huh.

I'm so disappointed in you right now. You could of offered to have them over for dinner then choke a chicken for them.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

LingcodKilla posted:

Uh huh.

I'm so disappointed in you right now. You could of offered to have them over for dinner then choke a chicken for them.

didn't realize the rat was louis ck's account

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

LingcodKilla posted:

Uh huh.

Ayyyy girl wanna come back to my place?

By my place I mean my Subaru, since that's what I sleep in on these trips.

Oh and BTW I've been in field ops mode, so I haven't showered in 5 days. Hope you like it ripe!

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?
You can just say you have no game.

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

I thought that was implicit with the whole "driving around the country taking pics of nature with an AK" thing :v:

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

The Rat posted:

And you couldn't hook a brother up?

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

I like to think The Rat is the kind of guy who goes camping and packs his poop out in little baggies

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

I'm assuming they would have been a little ripe too

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

That could come in handy in if you need to make a quick escape. It'd be kind of like pocket sand, except poop.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
How you haven't found an unkempt hippy chick in Colorado to bum around with you is beyond me.